Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Makai said:

There are so many other stories though. Like the family pet who PETA employees attempted to lure out of their yard, that they stole when that failed and they killed within hours. PETA does many good things and they do many horrific things because they are a massive organization that attracts many zealots. I’d rather support smaller, local animal organizations. 

I can’t feel bad for PETA over the massive lobbying groups against them when they also have a massive lobby and umpteen celebrities to pretty up their image. 

Oh I don’t always agree with their tactics and they’ve made mistakes.  There are other great organizations that do great work, local rescues are amazing and desperately need money especially right now.  Peta exposes the truly horrific animal testing, and inhumane treatment that no one wants to think about.  They do have money, and they lobby but the fight is not fair- The lobbying against them is huge and Big ag shells out a lot to convince people that peta is the bad guy.  

I’m glad there are celebrities like Joaquin Phoenix, he does the ads but he also goes with peta to the pork plants and pets the pigs on the trucks and gives them a sip of water while the truck is stopped at the gate before they are brought in to be suffocated to death.  He and the other peta workers show them the only kindness they will have in their lives.

• Sad 1
13 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh I don’t always agree with their tactics and they’ve made mistakes.

My issue is with things that aren’t mistakes. Stealing and killing a family pet isn’t a mistake and it’s not ethical in the least. 

15 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I’m glad there are celebrities like Joaquin Phoenix, he does the ads but he also goes with peta to the pork plants and pets the pigs on the trucks and gives them a sip of water while the truck is stopped at the gate before they are brought in to be suffocated to death.  He and the other peta workers show them the only kindness they will have in their lives.

That’s better than most but I’d have a lot more respect if Joaquin Phoenix went to the PETA shelters that have been accused or proven of euthanizing animals in questionable circumstances. I find in frustrating the the celebrity supporters of PETA aren’t challenged on the more horrifying accusations against PETA. They see the PETA approved horrors that show when PETA is justified. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I just care about animals, especially the animals we don’t see, the animals without a voice.

Any group that exposes animal cruelty is good.

I admire you, Heather, and your voice for animals.  I have been involved in countless PETA campaigns to stop the horrendous treatment of animals.  PETA has been responsible for MANY successes, as those who are well-informed already know.

• Love 3

PeTA is not always ethical.  Remember, the “e” is lowercase.  I have zero respect for an organization that randomly releases caged animals who cannot fend for themselves and resort to cannibalism.  That was not a mistake, but a deliberate act.

PeTA also will tell you that pet ownership is equivalent to slavery, and that a rat is equal to a boy (said Ingrid Newkirk, founder).  I disagree with both those statements.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
On 12/11/2022 at 9:29 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

From the link, when discussing meditation - "my husband hates it … he thinks I've gone bonkers," she wrote in the caption.

Me: Of Course Yes GIF by Simba Chips

He may think meditation is fine but the way/amount/whatever she's doing it is bonkers.  Which, given some of her other recent behavior, is a distinct possibility.

Her post about the poor fast food employee who was just trying to be nice to someone who appeared to be upset is completely uncalled for.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, proserpina65 said:

He may think meditation is fine but the way/amount/whatever she's doing it is bonkers.  Which, given some of her other recent behavior, is a distinct possibility.

Her post about the poor fast food employee who was just trying to be nice to someone who appeared to be upset is completely uncalled for.

I anticipate intervention before too long.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2022 at 12:57 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Sometimes, a person who sees someone who is upset, is just trying to be nice and compassionate.  I hope after giving it some thought, she has second thoughts about her negative comments.  I won’t comment on the cake video.  Things don’t seem to be going well at all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11524809/Britney-Spears-rips-unnamed-fast-food-employee-showing-pity-drive-thru.html

11 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

He may think meditation is fine but the way/amount/whatever she's doing it is bonkers

Or he may simply think the mediation isn't working. And just by reading her post I would agree with him.

11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I anticipate intervention before too long.  

I think we all hoped she would do well after the conservatorship was lifted and yet here we are.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I think we all hoped she would do well after the conservatorship was lifted and yet here we are.

Agreed.  I think most who wanted the conservatorship lifted felt that it was only imposed because, frankly, misogyny.  That didn't mean she doesn't need help.  Two separate issues for her, sadly.

• Sad 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Agreed.  I think most who wanted the conservatorship lifted felt that it was only imposed because, frankly, misogyny.  That didn't mean she doesn't need help.  Two separate issues for her, sadly.

Same as how Kanye can be both bi-polar and a massive a-hole. The previous conservatorship wasn't the best, but she clearly needs help. My armchair diagnosis is that she is mentally and emotionally stunted.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Unrelated, but I'm bothered by the misspellings in the article.

Related: Are NFT's like actual artwork, an investment that increases in value over time? I was kind of under the impression that even if celebrities talk them up, the real value of the things is unpredictable because they haven't been around for that long. It's not like buying a painting and in twenty years it might double or triple in value, right?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Related: Are NFT's like actual artwork, an investment that increases in value over time? I was kind of under the impression that even if celebrities talk them up, the real value of the things is unpredictable because they haven't been around for that long. It's not like buying a painting and in twenty years it might double or triple in value, right?

The best explanation of heard is that they are a digital, secure certificate of ownership for almost anything. 

2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

A non-Newsmax link: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/celebrity-promoters-sued-over-bored-ape-nft-endorsements-1235279115/

I was a little shocked to see celebrities like Matt Damon, Kevin Hart and especially Gwyneth Paltrow promoting things like NFTs and cryptocurrencies like they weren't already super rich. Why risk your brand promoting things that sound like scams? (Although that might be on brand for Paltrow lol). Anyway, I guess some people can never have enough money.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A group of A-list celebrities—including Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Bieber, Jimmy Fallon, Serena Williams and The Weeknd—have been sued in a California federal court for promoting non-fungible tokens (NFTs) for Bored Ape Yacht Club.

madonna-gwyneth-paltrow-justim-bieber

Even though I'm a fan of some of them, good.........

If anyone is interested, Ben McKenzie (yes the one from The O.C.) is constantly tweeting to expose this stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A group of A-list celebrities—including Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Bieber, Jimmy Fallon, Serena Williams and The Weeknd—have been sued in a California federal court for promoting non-fungible tokens (NFTs) for Bored Ape Yacht Club.

madonna-gwyneth-paltrow-justim-bieber

5 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

You mean like "justim"?  Pitiful.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Dani said:

The best explanation of heard is that they are a digital, secure certificate of ownership for almost anything. 

An NFT is a certificate that says you own the certificate that relates to the thing.   You do not even own the THING, just the certificate.   There is no basis in how they are valued.

They are being sued because it is being promoted as investment, yet they were not registered security brokers.   Same reason Tom Brady, et al. are being sued for promoting FTX.   Same reason Kim Kardashian just paid a HUGE fine.   Celebs go in thinking they are promoting something similar to watches or shoes, so they don't bother with appropriate disclosures.   But when they are dealing with something that is marketed and sold as a security, they have to disclose and register and meet other regs.   Now they are all finding out the lovely meaning of "joint and several liability."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 18
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Zoey Deutch was pushing Aura Rings on Kelly Clarkson, so I think they're coming back.  

I'm cool with that.  Mine was really pretty, in a silver filigree setting.  And it was always blue, my fave color. 

I'd buy one, knowing now the whole "mood" thing was just response to temperature, not emotion.  

However, I will NEVER buy a pet rock.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Bookworm13 said:

Wow, I can't believe he was able to go on tour either. 

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I'm just amazed that NFT's are still a thing.  Such a stupid and worthless concept to me.

I think they'll go the way of pet rocks and mood rings. 

Though my 9 year-old self loved my mood ring.  

I’d still much rather have a mood ring.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, P2C2E said:

NFTs will continue to exist until they are highly regulated because they are useful for money launderers. 

And 20th century folks thought Brooklyn Bridge buyers were gullible?! At least it was a tangible item instead of an image of an image that might give a person some ownership and/or compensation at a future date. IMO, it makes as much sense as taking a Poloroid of a World Book Encylopedia picture of the Mona Lisa and using THAT to claim one is an art collector!

Edited by Blergh
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I've had to actively persuade myself to not be triggered by modern journalism (or split infinitives, lol).

tbh, you'd probably get better results feeding the facts to an AI and letting it write quick "news" articles... especially for the articles that just use press releases.

Also, I'd buy a mood ring if it reliably changed color. Costume jewelry should be fun. The shift you get with opals (or even fake opals) is so pretty. My old mood ring was just a blue piece of plastic. 

Edited by aradia22
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Mood rings have never entirely gone away, although you would generally only find them in the likes of Spencers and crystal shops. I see flares are back, yet again, which I hate with a passion. We've gone through revivals of the 70s, 80s and 90s and seem to have come back around to the 70s. While at the same time some celebs are trying to bring back the early 2000s jeans under dresses trend, like Katie Holmes. That's a nope from me.

• Sad 2

I realize I'm three days  late but Happy 91st Birthday to the legendary Rita Moreno (born Rosa  Dolores Alverio Marcano)! She's still finding new, fresh ways to entertain us and encourage the audience to think!

• Like 1
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I realize I'm three days  late but Happy 91st Birthday to the legendary Rita Moreno (born Rosa  Dolores Alverio Marcano)! She's still finding new, fresh ways to entertain us and encourage the audience to think!

To be 91 and just as effervescent as ever is amazing. 

• Love 14
13 hours ago, aradia22 said:

tbh, you'd probably get better results feeding the facts to an AI and letting it write quick "news" articles... especially for the articles that just use press releases

While I'm not a proponent of replacing people with things (we will eventually exhaust jobs, right?), I think you may be right.  I watched a local news reader (you have one job) pronounce SBF's last name like it was chicken from a bucket. 🤦‍♀️

• Sad 3
On 12/12/2022 at 6:30 PM, Dani said:

I put them in the same category as cryptocurrency: not real and a total scam.

22 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I'm cool with that.  Mine was really pretty, in a silver filigree setting.  And it was always blue, my fave color. 

I'd buy one, knowing now the whole "mood" thing was just response to temperature, not emotion.  

However, I will NEVER buy a pet rock.  

Based on what happens to the synthetic alexandrite in my class ring whenever I wear it, mine would be sludgy brown.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

I am gutted to read that “Twitch” Stephen Boss has died by suicide.  I loved him.  And always thought Allison and he were the most adorable, joyful couple.  What in the world??  

Apparently their wedding anniversary was not that long ago too which makes it even sadder. I know there are a lot of other people out there like me who's depression gets a good bit worse during the holiday season.

Edited by Jaded
  • Hugs 5
  • Sad 10
54 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I am gutted to read that “Twitch” Stephen Boss has died by suicide.  I loved him.  And always thought Allison and he were the most adorable, joyful couple.  What in the world??  

OMG, that is devastating. I loved him from SYTYCD and thought he and Allison were such a great pair = partners and spouses and parents. I watched them on the Disney Fairytale Weddings as well. My heart goes out to Allison and their children and family. 💔

• Sad 7
  • Love 7

Here’s the People article withAlison’s statement regarding the loss of her husband. This is just so devastating because he always seemed like such a positive guy who had a lot of opportunities opening up for him. But, depression is a liar and performers especially can fake putting on a happy face. I’m sorry he was in any kind of pain and that he wasn’t able to get the help he needed in time. 
https://people.com/tv/stephen-twitch-boss-dead-at-40/

• Sad 13
  • Love 4

tWitch was so much more than Ellen's sidekick DJ. Shame on TMZ and People for those headlines identifying him that way.

"Outta Your Mind" is and always will be the best part of tWitch's legacy (pure dance-related; of course Allison and their children take the number one position) and the single greatest routine to come from "So You Think You Can Dance," from tWitch and ballet dancer Alex Freaking Wong.

Outta Your Mind

RIP tWitch. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Blergh said:

I highly recommend the Just a Girl Who Decided to Go For It documentary about her that came out last year.  She's very candid, in words, and also in looks, allowing herself to be filmed with no make-up or hair pieces.  She has a lot of great things to say, and my favorite little moment is watching her yell at the news on TV.  I feel you, Rita.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 2

Todd and Julie Chrisley ordered to report to Florida prisons in mid-January

Todd Chrisley, who was sentenced to 12 years in prison with three years of supervised release, has been assigned to serve time at FPC Pensacola, a minimum-security facility in Pensacola, Florida.

His wife Julie Chrisley was sentenced to seven years in prison and three years of supervised release. She is assigned to FCI Marianna SCP, a “medium security federal correctional institution with an adjacent minimum security satellite camp” in Marianna, Florida, according to the prison’s website.

I wonder why he's in a minimum security prison & she's in a medium security prison?

• Like 1
  • Love 3