Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Black roots are totally new.  If you consider the show "Melrose Place" new, and cool.  *LOL* Cause Heather Locklear rocked them in 1993, making all hairdressers despair and women with fake blonde sigh with relief at being able to let up on root maintenance.

I've been to Kelly McGillis's restaurant in Key West several times.  Really good food & the quintessential Key West vibe.   She's done just fine out of Hollywood.  (Nope, never saw her or expected to).

• Love 6
2 hours ago, janie jones said:

It's not like she's a plastic surgery horror story or anything.

Have you seen her butt implants? I thought she was making a joke the first time I saw them, but no, they're what she had done.

madonna-implant-tgj-1280x720.jpg

• Mind Blown 10
  • Applause 1
6 minutes ago, GaT said:

Have you seen her butt implants? I thought she was making a joke the first time I saw them, but no, they're what she had done.

madonna-implant-tgj-1280x720.jpg

Does she think that looks good?

As I said in a previous post, plastic surgery is supposed to make you look better.

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Black roots are totally new.  If you consider the show "Melrose Place" new, and cool.  *LOL* Cause Heather Locklear rocked them in 1993, making all hairdressers despair and women with fake blonde sigh with relief at being able to let up on root maintenance.

I guess I am even more behind the times than I thought I was!  I'm working on it though.  I just read that "goblin mode" is the word of the year and instead of going around wondering what the hell it means I hastened to google and now I know.  I don't see how knowing will enrich my life but at least I will have an answer if someone else asks me what it means!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Also Angela Bowers on Who's the Boss.  Didn't Jonathan, her son on the show, draw a picture with black lines to represent her hair?  I seem to remember that being a big joke.

6 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I've been to Kelly McGillis's restaurant in Key West several times.  Really good food & the quintessential Key West vibe.   She's done just fine out of Hollywood.  (Nope, never saw her or expected to).

Right, I assume she is, but I was simply stating the simple truth that she was never asked to be in Top Gun 2 and a woman 9 years younger than Tom was asked to be Tom's love interest instead.  I only brought it up because I was disagreeing with the previously expressed point that Tom Cruise has age appropriate love interests.  A few times having a younger love interest okay, but with him it is a pathological pattern.

Just anecdotally off of the top of my head, he's worked with Cameron Diaz twice, she's 10 years younger.  Penelope Cruz was also in Vanilla Sky, she's 12 years younger.  He's spent about 5 Mission Impossible movies with Michelle Monaghan, she's 14 years younger.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/tom-cruise-movie-love-interests-age/

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/why-are-tom-cruises-love-interests-in-the-mummy-20-years-younger-than-him-20170523-gwbady.html

(Ironically, serial IRL 24 year old dater Leonardo DiCaprio has been with older women onscreen like Cate Blanchett twice!)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Also Angela Bowers on Who's the Boss.  Didn't Jonathan, her son on the show, draw a picture with black lines to represent her hair?

It wasn't Jonathan, it was a little girl Tony and Angela were babysitting, but, yeah, in the early years of the show, Judith Light had dark roots.  I think hers and the examples in the link posted above look a lot better than Madonna's, though - more integrated, and more looking like two natural colors than the stark dividing line between one dye and the next.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

The medical examiner's report on Anne Heche has come out and it say she was not impaired at the time of her crash. There was no alcohol.  There was evidence of prior drug use but not at the time of the crash.  And the fentanyl was given to her by the hospital as part of therapeutic use.

It makes the crash that much stranger.

From People

That's a rough read. I really hope she was totally unconscious once the accident happened because being trapped for 45 minutes in a burning car and sustaining injuries so severe your sternum is cracked sound horrific. I'm shocked she was still alive when they extracted her. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 20

Her son Homer Laffoon also won control of her estate, over her ex with a forged will.

Something a little lighter. Ava DuVernay Makes History As The First Black Woman On A Ben & Jerry's Pint

The beloved ice cream company announced on Tuesday that the 50-year-old — best known for directing popular blockbuster hits such as Disney’s “Wrinkle in Time” and “Selma” — is the face of a new flavor called Lights! Caramel! Action!

“Directed” and personally curated by DuVernay, the ice cream flavor features a mix of vanilla ice cream with salted caramel swirls, graham cracker swirls and gobs of chocolate chip cookie dough...

Speaking to People, she explained: “There’s no women of color overall [on Ben & Jerry’s pints]. And so they understood that that’s something that they wanted to change, and I’m happy that I was able to be involved in being a part of that change.”...

DuVernay also noted that the proceeds of “Lights! Caramel! Action!” will benefit her non-profit, ARRAY Alliance, which she founded in 2011 to increase the representation of artists of color and women directors.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The medical examiner's report on Anne Heche has come out and it says she was not impaired at the time of her crash. There was no alcohol.  There was evidence of prior drug use but not at the time of the crash.  And the fentanyl was given to her by the hospital as part of therapeutic use.

From People

I think the initial crash was caused by excessive speed and then perhaps the devastating crash into the house causing that horrific fire occurred because of injuries she suffered in the first crash that impaired her judgment.  Concussion, shock, pain - all will make people do things that make no sense.  

• Sad 1
  • Useful 4
17 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

've been to Kelly McGillis's restaurant in Key West several times.  Really good food & the quintessential Key West vibe.

Dammit.   We were there in March.   Our hotel was just around the corner.   I didn't KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.   Or we totally would have gone there.

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Dammit.   We were there in March.   Our hotel was just around the corner.   I didn't KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.   Or we totally would have gone there.

I still don’t know. What is the name of her restaurant? 

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The medical examiner's report on Anne Heche has come out and it says she was not impaired at the time of her crash. There was no alcohol.  There was evidence of prior drug use but not at the time of the crash.  And the fentanyl was given to her by the hospital as part of therapeutic use.

From People

I was surprised that she was not impaired by drugs or alcohol at time of crash.  So, she was speeding down the street…I saw this and it helped explained how it happened.  She was coming down a side street which ended with a stop sign and the street ended. You had to turn left or right.  The house she ran into was located at the end of the street.   I didn’t realize that right after it happened.  

• Useful 4
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I still don’t know. What is the name of her restaurant? 

Kelly's Caribbean actually closed down for good in, I think, 2018.  I was last there early 2017, so you didn't miss it!  It was terrific though. 

It was in a historic building on Whitehead street, at the end of the block & had a great outdoor courtyard.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Actor Neal Bledsoe publicly repudiated CCB and GAF, announcing he will not work with them again.

My life wouldn’t be where it is today without the love, support, and guidance of the LGBTQIA+ community....

And now, if I cannot stand up for that community in their time of need, my debt to them means nothing. So, I want to be very clear: my support for the LGBTQIA+ community is unconditional – nothing is worth my silence or their ability to live and love freely in a world that we are lucky enough to share with them.

You may have noticed that I have been unusually silent at a time when I should have been promoting a holiday film, a film with the express purpose of bringing everyone comfort in a time of great tumult and change, but I cannot continue with business as usual. I cannot take comfort from, nor will I give refuge to, those who excuse exclusion and promote division in any way, shape, or form. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and these are mine: the recent comments made by leadership at Great American Family are hurtful, wrong, and reflect an ideology that prioritizes judgment over love. I was raised as a Christian, and believe in the essential message of love and forgiveness. That said, I could never forgive myself for continuing my relationship with a network that actively chooses to exclude the LGBTQIA+ community.

There's much more to his statement, if you read the full article.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8

My library may have taken Kirk up on his offer if he did it completely free and did not sell copies of his book.  We have a strict no moneymaking policy with our meeting rooms.  The event also would not be sponsored by us and Kirk would have to abide by that. 

This vibes with what I know about his prosperity gospel Christianity. 

• Love 6

Let me guess, his book only defends families where marriage is between a man and a woman?

In many cultures the traditional family was one man with multiple wives. Including in the Bible. Still is in quite a few places. The other common traditional family is the extended family. And it wasn't just parents, kids and grandparents. It could be entire clans or families that all live together with aunts, uncles, cousins. The conservative Christian definition of family is rigid and ahistorical.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

To paraphrase, Ioan Gruffudd says he's struggling after his ex has taken him to the cleaners.

https://radaronline.com/p/102-dalmatians-star-ioan-gruffudd-struggling-financially-divorce-alice-evans-restraining-order/

Ioan's had one of those careers where it seemed like he was on the verge of taking off, but things just never quite worked out. He's had plenty of work but I'm not shocked he doesn't have that much in assets. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5
On 12/8/2022 at 7:34 AM, BetterButter said:

Sad news about Celine Dion. I've always loved That's the Way It Is and her funny response at the end of the Ashes video from Deadpool 2: "Listen, this thing only goes to 11. So beat it, Spider-Man."  I also enjoyed the video shoot Celine once did for Vogue. 

I wish her well. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

To paraphrase, Ioan Gruffudd says he's struggling after his ex has taken him to the cleaners.

https://radaronline.com/p/102-dalmatians-star-ioan-gruffudd-struggling-financially-divorce-alice-evans-restraining-order/

I was feeling kind of bad for him. Now I'm on the fence. I get that she's being really vengeful having said that I'm wondering if him having an affair is the only thing that sent her in that direction. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I was feeling kind of bad for him. Now I'm on the fence. I get that she's being really vengeful having said that I'm wondering if him having an affair is the only thing that sent her in that direction. 

I say this as someone who used to be a pretty big fan of his, but I've wondered the same thing. When they first got together, his fanbase was pretty vicious toward her, and he was very defensive about her. To the point he stopped working with a fan site. I'm not going to say I never thought they would divorce, but they wouldn't have been my first guess for a celebrity divorce going this nuclear. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I kinda think undiagnosed mental illness on her part plays a factor.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Zella said:

I say this as someone who used to be a pretty big fan of his, but I've wondered the same thing. When they first got together, his fanbase was pretty vicious toward her, and he was very defensive about her. To the point he stopped working with a fan site. I'm not going to say I never thought they would divorce, but they wouldn't have been my first guess for a celebrity divorce going this nuclear. 

I've been more of a casual fan- haven't really followed him since he did Forever and his bit part in San Andreas. Kinda surprised at where this went with this divorce. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Let me guess, his book only defends families where marriage is between a man and a woman?

Brave books. What a joke of a name. 

And seriously trying to sell books at the library?   Idiot. 

The prosperity gospel is elitist racist sexist crap. It's not gospel.

• Applause 15
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I kinda think undiagnosed mental illness on her part plays a factor.

That could be true too.  Situations like theirs are so weird and sad especially when it involves kids. It's obvious everything going on now will affect them in shitty ways as they get older.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
On 6/4/2022 at 9:08 PM, Dani said:

Basically, PETA sued over living conditions of several chimps. The judge order they be moved to ape sanctuary in Florida. The owner claimed that Tonka died and was cremated. PETA got word that it was a lie and started the legal battle up again and eventually the owner admitted Tonka was alive and living in her house. 
Tonka, Chimp Star of ‘George of the Jungle,’ Found Alive One Year After Owner Faked His Death

I know this is old news but I applaud peta and their efforts to make living conditions better for animals.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I know this is old news but I applaud peta and their efforts to make living conditions better for animals.  

Even when they steal people's pets and euthanize them? Or "rescue" kittens by killing them and throwing the bodies in a dumpster?  The first happened in Virginia Beach, and the kittens were found in Eastern North Carolina.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Even when they steal people's pets and euthanize them? Or "rescue" kittens by killing them and throwing the bodies in a dumpster?  The first happened in Virginia Beach, and the kittens were found in Eastern North Carolina.

That was a mistake and peta acknowledged that. It was a new hire and that person was let go.  But the thing is that they do put animals to sleep, humanely. They are starving and enduring horrible circumstances in the streets, freezing cold, getting shot or just starving.  Many people would rather buy designer dogs than adopt the insane amount of cats and dogs that desperately need homes, they do euthanize rather than allow them to endure horrific conditions.  Where is the money to help them? Rescues are stretched to the limit.  What is the solution?  They are desperate to raise funds.

Peta has done a world of good by exposing the atrocities of animal cruelty.  I saw a video of a cow being skinned alive.  If you want to see the video I can send it.  Peta exposed the torture of animals in testing labs, I have heartbreaking videos of monkeys tortured that I can’t even describe because it’s too horrible. Peta along with other group expose these things, and thank god for them.

I got a call a few months ago from the peta action team because my name is on a list of people willing to help, to take a mouse that was screaming in pain stuck to a glue trap to a vet who has the tools and solution to remove the little mouse from the glue.  They also called me to document a certain pet store because they weren’t giving the animals water. I went there and took pictures and a police report was filed.  Those animals didn’t have water to drink but because of peta, that was changed and I continue to check up in the little animals.  This is the work peta does.

Berman & Co is a lobbying group, and they were hired by the meat companies to smear peta.  And they have a lot of money to do it. Research Berman, they counteract minimum wage campaigns, they also block legislation on drunk driving and smoking. 

And it’s heartbreaking because people are not donating to peta because of the lobbying tactics and the animals suffer even more.  But the lobbying group did its job, making people hate peta, a group that goes after horrible people who mistreat animals. Big ag, horrific animal testing, constant cruelty. It’s sickening.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

And it’s heartbreaking because people are not donating to peta because of the lobbying tactics and the animals suffer even more.  But the lobbying group did its job, making people hate peta, a group that goes after horrible people who mistreat animals. Big ag, horrific animal testing, constant cruelty. It’s sickening.

Trust me, PETA has plenty of money.  They also have very powerful lobbyists. It's not a David and Goliath set up.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That was a mistake and peta acknowledged that. It was a new hire and that person was let go.

There are so many other stories though. Like the family pet who PETA employees attempted to lure out of their yard, that they stole when that failed and they killed within hours. PETA does many good things and they do many horrific things because they are a massive organization that attracts many zealots. I’d rather support smaller, local animal organizations. 

I can’t feel bad for PETA over the massive lobbying groups against them when they also have a massive lobby and umpteen celebrities to pretty up their image. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 14