Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

In scandalous affair news, that Instagram post by TJ Holmes gives me the cringe the way Chris Pratt's "tribute" to his wife did.  There's a delicate balance to indicating you feel you got lucky in a spouse and suspicious.  And he didn't strike that balance

Yes.  His “despite my best efforts she stayed married to me” shtick just made me wonder how many affairs he has actually had before this one.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I watched Dolly's special last night and while she still looks like  Dolly and still sings like Dolly, she has overdone it on the fillers to the point where they are affecting her speaking voice.  

I thought I was the only one who noticed her voice and wondered if something was wrong, health wise.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It does sound like age will factor into this final appearance, at least.   Maybe a bit superhuman 80 years old but still 80.

Oh, so you haven't seen the trailer? They used de-aging VFX for Indy.

• Mind Blown 3
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Oh, so you haven't seen the trailer? They used de-aging VFX for Indy.

I haven't seen it yet, but I hope it's better de-aging VFX than pretty much all the others before it. I've yet to see it done where it doesn't creep me out. Maybe it's because I know it's there so my mind just knows it's wrong and can't accept it, but it has yet to look good to me. 

Also, as much as I adored Indy back in the day I really have no interest in seeing another Indy movie. The original three were enough for me. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

I was watching episode 8 of Only Murders in the Building and with all of this talk about actresses and plastic surgery, I was marveling at how beautiful Shirley Maclaine looked (of course, I can't find a good picture from that episode).  According to her, she stopped having any kind of plastic surgery 30 years ago.  Based on the way she looks (understanding that good make up and lighting are involved), she's either aged beautifully since, or she's lying, but has had good work done that doesn't look like she's trying too hard to look much younger than is possible.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I watched Dolly's special last night and while she still looks like  Dolly and still sings like Dolly, she has overdone it on the fillers to the point where they are affecting her speaking voice.  

Dolly was on with Jimmy Fallon the other night.  She sounds as if she has ill-fitting dentures. My grandmother made that same hissing sound, no fillers involved.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I haven't seen it yet, but I hope it's better de-aging VFX than pretty much all the others before it. I've yet to see it done where it doesn't creep me out. Maybe it's because I know it's there so my mind just knows it's wrong and can't accept it, but it has yet to look good to me. 

Also, as much as I adored Indy back in the day I really have no interest in seeing another Indy movie. The original three were enough for me. 

My problem with it is also that it can't mask how much differently an older person moves. So, in The Irishman, De Niro would look 20-30 years younger with the deaging effects, but he still walked and moved like a much older man. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

I was watching episode 8 of Only Murders in the Building and with all of this talk about actresses and plastic surgery, I was marveling at how beautiful Shirley Maclaine looked (of course, I can't find a good picture from that episode).  According to her, she stopped having any kind of plastic surgery 30 years ago.  Based on the way she looks (understanding that good make up and lighting are involved), she's either aged beautifully since, or she's lying, but has had good work done that doesn't look like she's trying too hard to look much younger than is possible.

That's awesome.  Somebody mentioned that she doesn't consider herself conventionally attractive and that's why she had such a long career.  It's kind of funny because I just saw The Apartment from 1960 and she was very very cute there!

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

Based on the way she looks (understanding that good make up and lighting are involved), she's either aged beautifully since, or she's lying, but has had good work done that doesn't look like she's trying too hard to look much younger than is possible.

I think, for me, that's the main difference between "she's had work done, so what" and "OMG what did she do to her face!" People like Dolly, Shirley and a bunch of others, seem to have had work done in an attempt to slow down aging while someone like Madonna seems to be trying, unsuccessfully, to turn back time. The ones just trying to slow the aging process tend to still look like older women, just beautiful older women. The ones trying to turn back time tend to look like melting wax figures, and often completely unrecognizable without a caption. 

Now Madonna, she's older in a very youth centric industry so okay, she looks...interesting, but I can understand the pressure. Someone young like Lindsey Lohan though, that just makes me sad because she is still young and she was so gorgeous before. Given her bone structure I think she would have aged naturally beautifully. Now she just looks a bit off, like her face is plastic. OMG She's finally turned into a real live Plastic!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's kind of funny because I just saw The Apartment from 1960 and she was very very cute there!

Shirley McLaine was incredibly cute back in the day.

image.png.d7d7a39818377e48cecb4af7c65254ff.png

But I don't think she was considered "sexy". She was more the "girl next door" and wasn't really booked for her looks the way a stunner like a Marilyn Monroe would be. So I think there was less pressure on her to continue to be "hot". I also wouldn't consider her a "star" as much as I see her as an actress, so again, less pressure put on her looks, more pressure put on her talent. I think that makes a huge difference for some of these celebs, whether they think their fame is based on how they look or how they perform. While I do think Madonna is a marketing genius and was brilliant at keeping herself relevant, I don't think it was because she is an outstanding singer. She's a great showman and part of being a showman is the packaging. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

The ones just trying to slow the aging process tend to still look like older women, just beautiful older women.

They certainly don’t look more “beautiful “ than women who age gracefully, imo.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

I'm still fairly young, but officially closer to 40 than 30, and I do look younger than my age. Even this test at the dermatologist's office showed my skin's age as younger than my actual age. 

My advice-healthy lifestyle, good skin care, and if you have money for it, which these celebs certainly do, stick with procedures that simply stimulate collagen production like different lasers/microneeding. Injecting stuff into your face and plastic surgery are just not the same as naturally looking young imo. Maybe you won't have wrinkles, but you won't look 20 again, if that's your goal. When you do stuff that's noninvasive, the results aren't drastic with one treatment the way they are with plastic surgery or injectables, but you will look naturally younger, and the risks are much more minimal.

If I had more money, I'd constantly get noninvasive treatments done. I am grateful to afford getting a fair amount done. I initially tried them out for acne scarring, but my skin looks more youthful as well. 

Am I swearing to NEVER get botox or filler? No, but so far, I haven't touched either, and I look younger than a lot of women my age who have had injectables. Hoping I can continue with my habits and keep my skin looking young. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

The official birth year for Indiana Jones is 1899 and the new movie is set in 1969, so the character will be 70. Less than 10 years of Ford's actual age at the time of filming. Still (!) for an action lead. Maybe they'll explain his weathering as hard living. The full de-aging is only supposed to be for a flashback. Crystal Skull was dumb but I want him to still be with Marion after marrying her. I've done the Nevada Test Site tour btw, and those houses are actually still standing.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Maybe they'll explain his weathering as hard living.

They wouldn't even need to explain it as hard living, since I think just about any 70 year old in 1969 is going to look way older than an 80 year old today. Just because people know so much more about diet, and how to take care of your skin in the sun, plus your not surrounded by cigarette smoke everywhere you go anymore. Plus Ford is a very rich 80 year old so that helps. It's like how Ralph Macchio now is older than Pat Morita when they made The Karate Kid.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

It is scary. My dad died of Alzheimers his sister ,my aunt also died from it and my cousin on my father's side also passed  from it. I am in the trigger and it scares me to no end I pray to God every day that it will not take me too. I can't imagine losing my brain and all memories maybe death is  a good choice... God help me!

• Hugs 16

'Careful grooming may take 20 years off a woman's age, but you can't fool a flight of stairs!'- Marlene Dietrich (who looked stunning her entire adult life but wound up avoiding stairs the last decade of her life).

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5

Patricia Arquette says she may decide to get a facelift.  She’s a lovely lady, imo, but I’m glad she looked so natural for her portrayal of the ( based on true life) prison staff lady Tilly Mitchell, who helped two inmates escape in the series Escape at Dennemora.  OMG!  She nailed it!  I’d encourage you check it out.  I’ve never seen such a performance.  She threw all vanity out the window with that performance playing a 50 something year old wife.   

https://pagesix.com/2022/12/03/patricia-arquette-on-pressure-to-look-young-in-hollywood/

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AgentRXS said:

This TJ and Amy stuff is disgusting. I hope his wife finds a good man after him. What a pig he is. These two deserve each other. 

GMA must be secretly ecstatic to be getting so much buzz…..I’ve read GMA leads the ratings in their time slot, though it’s difficult to understand.  Is there any downside to it?  I guess if people keep digging, they’ll find something negative enough to cause some repercussions.  

• Useful 3
On 12/1/2022 at 2:07 PM, GiuliettaMasina said:

The post in question. Fi6WXX3XEBsCUYj.thumb.jpeg.1eb30483f742049e5335f796f3ccaf02.jpeg

C'mon now, TJ...

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea what the anniversary post was.

Also, side note... Remember a couple months back some of us said we don't like it when people say they don't "deserve" their partner? I feel like for those who didn't understand where we were coming from, this would clarify, as it's basically a wordier version. (Not that I think that people so say "I don't deserve them" are all secretly hiding affairs, but it's just like, "I'm a piece of shit and they shouldn't be with me.")

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Patricia Arquette says she may decide to get a facelift.  She’s a lovely lady, imo, but I’m glad she looked so natural for her portrayal of the ( based on true life) prison staff lady Tilly Mitchell, who helped two inmates escape in the series Escape at Dennemora.  OMG!  She nailed it!  I’d encourage you check it out.  I’ve never seen such a performance.  She threw all vanity out the window with that performance playing a 50 something year old wife.   

https://pagesix.com/2022/12/03/patricia-arquette-on-pressure-to-look-young-in-hollywood/

I mean, speaking of aging, no one is buying that jet black hair, Benicio. Accept some grey around the temples at least.

Edited by janie jones
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

This TJ and Amy stuff is disgusting. I hope his wife finds a good man after him. What a pig he is. These two deserve each other. 

Screw that, since she's an attorney I hope she knows some absolute sharks and bleeds him dry.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Amy needs to think this through.  Honey if he'd cheat on his wife (and not just with you) what makes you think he won't cheat on you too?

She cheated on her husband too, did she not?  What would she care?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I only know what I've read here, and I'm mostly skimming, but am I to understand this guy posted that ode to his wife's "built-in black woman superpower" while having an affair with a white woman?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

And someone said earlier she also cheated on her first husband

She cheated on the first husband with the second husband. As the saying goes, "what they'll do with you, they'll do to you."

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

I only know what I've read here, and I'm mostly skimming, but am I to understand this guy posted that ode to his wife's "built-in black woman superpower" while having an affair with a white woman?

Not unless there is a third woman. He wrote that in 2020 in the aftermath of him being caught having a long term affair with an Indian woman. The affair with the white woman appears to have happened later. 

8 hours ago, janie jones said:

I mean, speaking of aging, no one is buying that jet black hair, Benicio. Accept some grey around the temples at least.

Yeah, I have a similar pet peeve with older men in Hollywood. They'll dye their hair to look 'younger', but that only goes so far, because they never really took care of their skin*, so you end up with dudes with 30-something hair but their face still looks like a catcher's mitt. 

*(like women are trained to do from puberty -- thanks, society!)

Edited by Trini
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

so you end up with dudes with 30-something hair 

Some men are genetically blessed but there are also surgical interventions. No one's hairline magically regrows like that or changes shape completely without help. (Not speaking about Benicio specifically, but about why everyone has 30-something hair.)

• Love 1

Not when you dump Kelly McGillis in favour of her.  

Kelly has confirmed that she was not asked back for the movie.

Kelly McGillis looked significantly older than Cruise in the first film, IMO.  Not an outrageous difference, but definitely older.  People age differently.

McGillis left Hollywood years ago to raise her family and also to concentrate on theater as she wanted to act and not play the games required to do movies.  While she wasn't asked to be in the film, I got the impression that she didn't really care anyway.

A recent photo of her, she looks like she's happy with her life without Hollywood

Kelly.jpg

21 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Amy needs to think this through.  Honey if he'd cheat on his wife (and not just with you) what makes you think he won't cheat on you too?

Amy is a serial cheater herself. Seems like she's met her match.  She cheated on her first husband with Matt Lauer and then with Andrew Shue, her current husband.  And those are the ones that the public knows about.  Pairing the two of them up keeps them away from people who prefer faithful partners.

Miss Parton and Madonna know what's what and know what exactly what they're doing. However, FWIW, Miss Parton has always displayed a healthy sense of humor about herself which Madonna has rarely done in many years

I think you're onto something.  In Dolly's case, I think she likes the way she looks, she has a healthy sense of self and a sense of humor about her image.  I think she does it for herself, and the public can like it or not.  

Meanwhile, Madonna seems to be seeking our approval, our affirmation that she is as young and hot an relevant as she ever was.  She seems desperate for our attention and will do anything to get it. She would do anything to turn back the clock 30 years to the days when she was the shizzle. She looks pathetic and desperate, because she is.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Amy is a serial cheater herself. Seems like she's met her match.  She cheated on her first husband with Matt Lauer and then with Andrew Shue, her current husband.  And those are the ones that the public knows about.  Pairing the two of them up keeps them away from people who prefer faithful partners.

Sometimes fate manages to put two people together who truly deserve each other. This is one of those cases. So, are the bets going to be about how long they last or which one of them cheats on the other first? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 12/3/2022 at 1:25 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

As my former co-worker used to say:  "If you get a man that cheats, you've got a man that cheats."

• Applause 2
  • Love 11

The person who shot Lady Gaga's dog walker while stealing/attempting to steal her dogs (one got away at the time, the other two were later turned in by one of the accomplices) was sentenced today under a plea agreement: 21 years in prison.  (I don't remember reading this at the time, but he'd been mistakenly released from jail earlier this year due to a clerical error and was taken into custody again nearly five months later.)

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Oscar nominee Gabourey Sidibe has been married for over a year.

“The thing about weddings is I don’t like them. I don’t like them,” the “Precious” star explained to the hosts. “Here’s an example of how much I don’t like them: I’m actually married. We got married over a year ago.”

The revelation left Ryan Seacrest “confused,” while Kelly Ripa asked if this was indeed “breaking news.”

Frankel, an entertainment business executive, was seen in the audience, confirming the news by raising his hand to show a bejeweled ring finger.

Sidibe went on to share that they were married “at the kitchen table,” and the ceremony was so small, it was “just us.”

She did allow that they will eventually have a wedding to placate her mother-in-law, but that her distaste for the affairs stems from the fact that the actress’s own mother was a wedding singer, meaning she’s “been at a lot of weddings, uninvited” herself.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13

I love that she doesn't like weddings.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:29 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

She cheated on her husband too, did she not?  What would she care?

I only know this from reading things on the internet, but it seems to me that no one is more offended by being cheated ON than someone who themself is a cheater.

18 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Madonna looks fine to me - what I don't get is the black roots.  This has to be a choice, not just one made by her.  Is this the new, cool thing that I never heard about?  

I think she looks fine, but not if you know what she looked like before. The issue to me is that she doesn't look like herself. It's not like she's a plastic surgery horror story or anything.

• Like 3
  • Love 5