Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

I really like Amy Robach and TJ Holmes.  They are so great on the GMA 3rd hour and on other news shows.  I tuned in today to see how the show handled things now that things hit the gossip sites, and sure enough, it was only TJ today.   

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I never thought Madonna would age naturally. She was too self-admittedly vain to deal with the aging process. I always thought Madonna would have the common sense to get good and subtle work done, though. I never thought she would go off the rails with the fillers, implants, and BBL like she did.

I don't understand why Madonna feels the need to remain so relevant to young people at her big age. She is a legend that keeps turning herself into a ridiculous joke with trying to keep up with kids. She was great in the "Hung Up" era--still making good music while still being herself. I don't know what happened to her after that, but it is sad to watch. She still trying to be provocative in a world where everywhere there is little shock value anymore, so it just comes across as outdated and pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 20
31 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I love that they expect people to believe that both leaving their spouses in the same month is just a coincidence.

Right? It didn't work for Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani, it won't work here. (And I know Blake and Gwen have been together/married for a long time now. Doesn't discount how they started, IMO.)

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

All I can say is that I truly hope there is a hell.

For the prosecution team, that failed to make their case.

3 minutes ago, BexKeps said:

Why couldn't she have just kept producing great music and collaborate with younger artists like Dolly has done? 

Whoa!  Flag on the field!  Dolly may be perceived as a better person (not for me to judge), but if you think Dolly Parton doesn't have a hotline to the cosmetic surgeon's office, you're suffering from delusion, lol.  Dolly admits to all of it, granted, but c'mon now.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Whoa!  Flag on the field!  Dolly may be perceived as a better person (not for me to judge), but if you think Dolly Parton doesn't have a hotline to the cosmetic surgeon's office, you're suffering from delusion, lol.  Dolly admits to all of it, granted, but c'mon now.

hahahahah, Oh I agree, but she doesn't look like a Bratz Doll!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Masterson got his mistrial.

danny-masterson-rape-trial

I wonder if the DA will decide to re-try the case.

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For the prosecution team, that failed to make their case.

Given the age of the case and how much of it may have come across as "he said/she said", it doesn't entirely surprise me that the jury couldn't reach a verdict.

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Dolly may be perceived as a better person (not for me to judge), but if you think Dolly Parton doesn't have a hotline to the cosmetic surgeon's office, you're suffering from delusion, lol.  Dolly admits to all of it, granted, but c'mon now.

True, but Dolly's been doing that for so long that it doesn't come across the same way, imo.  Still, whatever I might think about Madonna's plastic surgery, etc., if she's happy, then good for her, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BexKeps said:

Sadly now I just see an old woman trying to be relevant to the teens and 20 year olds. Why?

Well maybe in part because women of 60 don't appreciate being perceived as old? (But that said I do completely agree with you about older people continuing to behave and try to look like they're teenagers - offhand I can't think of any time when that's gone well).  Anyway  I know I am hanging onto middle age for as long as I can before I concede to senior citizen status!

45 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Sadly, I think of this character whenever I see Madonna lately:

What bothers me about that movie is Norma was all of 50.  50.  Maybe not an ingenue anymore but jeeze.  A classic example really of how horrible Hollywood is to women who dare to age.

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

If they could just get the plastic surgeons who have done Barbara Walters and Jane Fonda  and let them teach how it’s done.  Their work is really impeccable.  Lol It really must be a Hollywood or NY thing, because I don’t know of regular people who have work done to the point that they are unrecognizable.  I’ve seen a few on the show Botched, but that’s in Hollywood.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

What bothers me about that movie is Norma was all of 50.  50.  Maybe not an ingenue anymore but jeeze.  A classic example really of how horrible Hollywood is to women who dare to age.

And when you look past her over-the-top wardrobe and facial expressions, Norma looks fantastic!  

But even if Norma Desmond is still held as a pitiable example of how NOT to age, Tom Cruise reminds me way more of her than Madonna does. I mean, still playing Maverick at age 60, as if he's still 24? Come the fuck on! 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If they could just get the plastic surgeons who have done Barbara Walters and Jane Fonda  and let them teach how it’s done.  Their work is really impeccable.  Lol It really must be a Hollywood or NY thing, because I don’t know of regular people who have work done to the point that they are unrecognizable.  I’ve seen a few on the show Botched, but that’s in Hollywood.  

It helps to have been born with high cheekbones and other facial characteristics that make work less noticeable. 

I honestly did not recognize Madonna. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GiuliettaMasina said:

I am only passingly familiar with one of the participants, but the Twitter response to the GMA scandal is absolutely sending me. 

I'm glad someone mentioned the anniversary post. I have no clue who either of these people are, but after seeing that, I felt compelled to know more about this shitshow. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm glad someone mentioned the anniversary post. I have no clue who either of these people are, but after seeing that, I felt compelled to know more about this shitshow. 

Me neither, but...

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Well maybe in part because women of 60 don't appreciate being perceived as old? (But that said I do completely agree with you about older people continuing to behave and try to look like they're teenagers - offhand I can't think of any time when that's gone well).  Anyway  I know I am hanging onto middle age for as long as I can before I concede to senior citizen status!

@Elizabeth Anne I am 55 and I will hold on to middle age for as long as I can as well. The perception of being old after 35, for women anyway, sucks, I get it. You can be relevant to the younger generations without trying to look like them (because in the end you just look goofy). I mentioned Dolly knowing she's had work done but it's her spunk and fun demeanor that continues to keep her in the spotlight. Madonna was/is an icon, but what she's done to her face makes her a spectacle and not in a good way, just my opinion.

51 minutes ago, Zella said:

Same here. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, GiuliettaMasina said:

The post in question. Fi6WXX3XEBsCUYj.thumb.jpeg.1eb30483f742049e5335f796f3ccaf02.jpeg

C'mon now, TJ...

Wow, that's one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read. 

How stupid is she, really?  He can't believe she's wasted all that time on him?  So she would have to be supremely ignorant and REALLY, REALLY stupid.  He's calling her stupid.  Right there, more than once. 

Or is that supposed to be some kind of grateful, humble & loving "tribute" post?  I'm flummoxed....

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Same :p. The "HOW MANY SEASONS OF 'GOOD MORNING AMERICA'...." tweet especially cracked me up. 

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Wow, that's one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read. 

How stupid is she, really?  He can't believe she's wasted all that time on him?  So she would have to be supremely ignorant and REALLY, REALLY stupid.  He's calling her stupid.  Right there, more than once. 

Or is that supposed to be some kind of grateful, humble & loving "tribute" post?  I'm flummoxed....

Truthfully, if we, well me anyway, didn't know what I now know, I would find it to be little more than a loving husband who is a bit verbose and too too for pubic consumption.  I don't jump to he's calling her stupid.  With the illumination of hindsight, I'd agree that it's ludicrous.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, GiuliettaMasina said:

I am only passingly familiar with one of the participants, but the Twitter response to the GMA scandal is absolutely sending me. 

I don't have a clue who they are and I agree, Twitter is what is making it fun.  It almost feels like the Try Guys thing all over again with so many people not knowing who they are -- which I find hysterical because at least these two are on a famous national morning show.  Sure it is the third hour, but still...

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I like Dolly Parton, but I don't want to see her on my tv screen during the entire Christmas season.   Same thing with Mariah Carey.  

Oh my goodness, are we being hit over the head that Dolly is a nice person? We get it! 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I adore Dolly and will watch anything she's in. I caught her special tonight but I missed calling my late mother to talk about it. Seeing it tonight was sad...and hopeful at the same time. I get the feeling that Dolly does things not for herself but just that's who she is. It's everyone else that boasts about how awesome she is. Plus, with all the skeevy celebs out there, it's nice there's a unifying nice one...my two cents...

Speaking of skeevy...this whole GMA affiair really is a good old fashioned sex scandal. It's almost quaint at how it really is. Two consenting adults, no racism, no greed, no politicians or power struggle involved. It's almost refreshing and I am SO here for it. About the only thing that gives me pause is thinking of the spouses and kids seeing their ex's all over the place after the split or because of it. There will be some awkward holidays coming up...

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Both Miss Parton and Madonna know what's what and know what exactly what they're doing. However, FWIW, Miss Parton has always displayed a healthy sense of humor about herself which Madonna has rarely done in many years.

• Like 3
  • Love 10

I think what's messing people up is that Amy and TJ look SO happy together.  LOL.  Like so unabashedly happy together.  And like they have a lot of chemistry.  Oh dear, let me stop typing at this point.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I like Dolly Parton, but I don't want to see her on my tv screen during the entire Christmas season.   Same thing with Mariah Carey.  

I am a fan of both artists' music, and I've loved All I Want for Christmas since I was a kid. But everyone plays it sooo much, I don't think I ever bother to put the song on myself. It's an incredible song, but there is so much beautiful Christmas music out there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

But even if Norma Desmond is still held as a pitiable example of how NOT to age, Tom Cruise reminds me way more of her than Madonna does. I mean, still playing Maverick at age 60, as if he's still 24? Come the fuck on! 

Haven't seen Top Gun but I don't mind older actors as action heroes... my issue is the much younger love interests. I think I vaguely remember hearing that at some point both Cary Grant and Fred Astaire were like... enough already, stop pairing me with ingenues, it's creepy. 

but there is so much beautiful Christmas music out there. 

I was in a Bed, Bath, and Beyond the other day and almost lost my mind. The proportion of decent alternative Christmas songs (even the covers) is so low. And stores insist on playing every garbage song you've never heard of until you're longing for that terrible Christmas shoes song.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Haven't seen Top Gun but I don't mind older actors as action heroes... my issue is the much younger love interests. I think I vaguely remember hearing that at some point both Cary Grant and Fred Astaire were like... enough already, stop pairing me with ingenues, it's creepy. 

Agree. I'm all about an older action hero, but let's give them age appropriate love interests.

11 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I was in a Bed, Bath, and Beyond the other day and almost lost my mind. The proportion of decent alternative Christmas songs (even the covers) is so low. And stores insist on playing every garbage song you've never heard of until you're longing for that terrible Christmas shoes song.

Maybe we should embrace terrible songs by rocking ugly Christmas sweaters!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

SiriusXM has 15-20 (I didn't count exactly) channels dedicated to Christmas music. That started on November 1.

I mean, still playing Maverick at age 60, as if he's still 24? Come the fuck on! 

We've got 80 year old Harrison Ford coming back as Indiana Jones...

• Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Dolly has had work done.   But she still LOOKS like Dolly.   Like you could take a picture of her from the 70s and now and you could tell its the same person.   With Madonna if there is not a caption on the photo, you have no clue who it is.   That's the difference between good plastic surgery and bad.

• Like 12
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Dolly has had work done.   But she still LOOKS like Dolly.   Like you could take a picture of her from the 70s and now and you could tell its the same person.   With Madonna if there is not a caption on the photo, you have no clue who it is.   That's the difference between good plastic surgery and bad.

I watched Dolly's special last night and while she still looks like  Dolly and still sings like Dolly, she has overdone it on the fillers to the point where they are affecting her speaking voice.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Blergh said:

Both Miss Parton and Madonna know what's what and know what exactly what they're doing. However, FWIW, Miss Parton has always displayed a healthy sense of humor about herself which Madonna has rarely done in many years.

@Blergh you nailed it. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I watched Dolly's special last night and while she still looks like  Dolly and still sings like Dolly, she has overdone it on the fillers to the point where they are affecting her speaking voice.  

It could also be age that is affecting her voice.  I admire these singers who can keep going but time does march on and it doesn't just affect their appearance.  

• Like 7
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Agree. I'm all about an older action hero, but let's give them age appropriate love interests.

Tom Cruise's love interest in the new Top Gun was Jennifer Connelly. He's 60 and she's 51 so I would say that's pretty age appropriate.

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I agree, Madonna is starting to resemble Jocelyn Wildenstein. Her forehead is stretched beyond belief.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Disagree on Dolly still looking like Dolly. If you compare photos of when she first debuted to now, that's a different person. 

I think she's always been open about plastic surgery and the changes have been gradual enough to not seem as jarring. But also, unlike Madonna, I think she's maintained enough of the same aesthetic that you miss how different her face looks. Blonde hair, makeup, big bust, sometimes rhinestones... 

I think Cher has managed to have a lot of plastic surgery while still looking recognizable. Though it would be more difficult if she ever cut her hair short again. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Tom Cruise's love interest in the new Top Gun was Jennifer Connelly. He's 60 and she's 51 so I would say that's pretty age appropriate.

Not when you dump Kelly McGillis in favour of her.  

Kelly has confirmed that she was not asked back for the movie.

Spoiler

Val Kilmer was asked back for the movie, and he was not even able to speak.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Sad 12
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Yes. Good plastic surgery is supposed to make  you look the same but better.  

Madonna doesn't even look like herself.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

We've got 80 year old Harrison Ford coming back as Indiana Jones...

It does sound like age will factor into this final appearance, at least.   Maybe a bit superhuman 80 years old but still 80.

In scandalous affair news, that Instagram post by TJ Holmes gives me the cringe the way Chris Pratt's "tribute" to his wife did.  There's a delicate balance to indicating you feel you got lucky in a spouse and suspicious.  And he didn't strike that balance.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 3
  • Applause 6