Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Treehouse of Cards Part 2

• Start Topic

Yeah, Madison in the Treehouse with a Philosophically Questionable Hypothetical Cleaver was the worst alternate ending of Clue I've ever seen.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

Was Austen tripling and quadrupling down on something untrue with some woman in one of his other utterly forgettable storylines?  He may have been, I just don't recall. 

Ugh, they replayed the S4 finale the other day with the party at Sermet's where he was heavily flirting with another woman in his lap and Chelsea confronted him about making her look like an @sshole because they were there together.  He did his usual denial and deflection and tried to put the blame on her for his own actions.  It renewed my ire towards Austen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

In the midst of all that ugliness, the best parts for me were Whitney noping out before things got even stupider, and the little crowd on the steps just watching and kibitzing on the drama. That was hilarious and touching at the same time.

If being a “real woman” and not a “little girl” means having to sit down and listen to diatribes, repetition, harangues...I’ll pass. Bullies and other sorts like to throw that “You have to hear what I’m going to say!” at their targets, when in reality, you don’t! You can walk away. Which is what they hate about Kathryn (however wrong her own statements have been and will be). 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The cast seems to agree with Leva.  No point in being upset with the messenger.  Kathryn wasn’t even opposed to it.   I guess Leva came in for the season because regular cast members  either did not wish or were not able to speak the truth.  So,sort of my favorite season.  Thanks Andy.  

Basically they could have written off Kathryn as a racist, choose not to have anything to do with her.

But for the purposes of the show, they had to confront her and film as many confrontations as possible.

Leva probably wasn't close or that friendly with Kathryn.  In normal life the thing to do would be to avoid her, see her for what she is.

But on the show, she has to make Kathryn "accountable" which means having these confrontations, making her show contrition.

Maybe Bravo needed that to keep Kathryn on the show or maybe they don't GAF, as long as she can continue to bring the drama.

They got Thomas off the show because there was too much controversy.  But then managed to get him a cameo this season.

• Love 9

Why on earth Venita wasn't the primary and Leva the secondary in the dismantling/deconstructing of Kathryn remains the mystery to me.  Or at least have them BOTH full-time instead of focusing on Leva.

• Love 3

6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

It’s definitely a Bravo standard for any show’s finale episode to be a party at which there’s a “final showdown” and blow-up of what’s been building all season. Madison was certainly playing her part and following the producer’s directions to fight with Austen and to get the girl fight swirling. I mean, otherwise it makes no sense for her to tell Leva and the non-cast members that she’s going to go get Kathyrn so they can settle it—and then promptly tell Kathyrn the complete opposite that she needs to stand up to those girls and let them know why she’s right! And then throw in an extra fight with Danni out of the blue, while you’re at it. Neither Madison nor Leva are good at Bravo fighting. They’re just too intense and too much. The viewers don’t want to see you going nonstop yelling at people. You need to learn the Bravo art of throwing in a backhanded compliment or getting offended by the silliest of slights. 

I heard that too, and I was like... ohh that's why Kathryn is so confused all the time.  "Come up to the house and stand up for yourself" is very different from the apology the bullying women wanted from her.  Madison must have figured she would whip Kathryn up into defending herself and then watch as the women attacked her.  Maybe the producers told her to do that?  But again I ask, to what end??  Kathryn is not sorry, she does not care, and that's kind of it - there is nowhere to do with that.

3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Austen deserves some form of comeuppance for all of his gaslighting, womanizing bullshit behavior he has displayed since his arrival on the scene. I don't condone the way Madison treats him or anyone else, but he's not innocent.

I actually think Austin is the one who is gasLIT!  Madison is a conniving psycho and he seems to be totally confused by her manipulations.

• Love 14

Was Madison always an enormous bitch?  She has a mean streak several miles wide. Austin is no prize but the delight she gets from torturing him is scary.  I really hate to agree with Shep but he was right about her. She’s a low class nobody. 

How long is Leva going to drag out the Katherine thing?  I think the monkey emoji was just Katherine being Katherine. Vapid and self-absorbed. She doesn’t have enough working brain cells to have sent it as a racist statement. It’s a convenient excuse for Leva to get screen time. 

• Love 16
14 hours ago, Lassus said:

Be curious what the online defenses of Madison might be at this point.

They would seem.... scant.

I have no defense of Madison, but I think she intervened in the conversation with Danni and Kathryn because everyone was talking about Kathryn being a racist, rather than paying attention to Madison. She couldn’t handle not being the center of attention. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
18 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

I have no defense of Madison, but I think she intervened in the conversation with Danni and Kathryn because everyone was talking about Kathryn being a racist, rather than paying attention to Madison. She couldn’t handle not being the center of attention. 

Madison's outburst was quite nuts. I am rarely taken aback by these shows (especially in a world where we now have Jen Shah), but her anger was unwarranted and weird lol. I had to laugh a little when Shep said "I'm so sorry. I missed all of that." to poor Danni. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I don't particularly like Austen and actually kind of agree with Madison that he is no kind of "alpha male" - but then again, "alpha males" are the ones like Thomas Ravenal and no one would mistake him for any kind of a good person. So not being an "alpha" is not an insult, IMO.

But with all that I don't like about Austen, I don't see how he was gaslighting her at all. They've broken up. She treats him like dirt. He's not required to tell her about his hook ups. I don't see how NOT telling his ex-girlfriend that he hooked up with some other woman is gaslighting her.  

Beyond that, I think that something is truly wrong with her - she does need to be the center of the attention and she's acting like she's soap operatic super villain that everyone secretly respects, which, no.  Treating people as if they are beneath you - whether it's Austen, Danni, and yes, even Kathryn - does not engender respect.  Madison seems to think that Queen Bee Mean Girl behavior is going to make her Queen of the show, and she's going to be able to snag the hot guy (Pringle, I guess?) like she's still in high school and I suspect that Pringle is probably reassessing his interest. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 17

As a straight boy, I would simply be bemused and ask for examples and possibly a Powerpoint to further present their stupid, juvenile, patriarchal assertion.  "Have you  been reading The Game?  Are you going to neg me?  I'm not sure you're doing it right."

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 8

Pringle looks really old in the face. I noticed it when he was sitting with his sister crying over his kids leaving. Maybe I just don't like the you need a haircut, a beard trim and a whole new wardrobe kind of look. It's  pretty bad when you are told at dinner to go put on a more presentable shirt. His sister looks just like him with blonde hair. Yikes!

Madison is a narcissist. With too much spray tan. Her constant harping on Austen about being a "beta" is so childish and played out. They all need to grow the fuck up!

Kudo's to Kathryn for at least keeping her cool. I don't know if I could have done that no matter how wrong I was. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10

I think Austen has done plenty of gaslighting with Madison in the past; see the great threesomegate footage where he called her an insane person and a crazy person specifically for being upset about two other women in his bedroom at 7AM. It’s the same shit he pulled on Chelsea i.e., we’re seeing each other but we’re not exclusive so I’m going to put my d*ck in whatever I want and screw your feelings, it’s your fault for finding out.

All the Alpha and Beta talk (on the show) is lame. I understand what it means but all I think of when I hear that is a couple of Whisperers from The Walking Dead. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Pringle looks really old in the face. I noticed it when he was sitting with his sister crying over his kids leaving. Maybe I just don't like the you need a haircut, a beard trim and a whole new wardrobe kind of look. It's  pretty bad when you are told at dinner to go put on a more presentable shirt. His sister looks just like him with blonde hair. Yikes!

Madison is a narcissist. With too much spray tan. Her constant harping on Austen about being a "beta" is so childish and played out. They all need to grow the fuck up!

Kudo's to Kathryn for at least keeping her cool. I don't know if I could have done that no matter how wrong I was. 

I think Pringle said he’s 43. Maybe it’s the drinking; it does put the age on ya. I like his personality despite the immaturity. He’s polite and well-meaning and self-deprecating. He could be more attractive for sure if he spiffed up. Maybe he can pretend to be interested in Madison long enough to get a good free haircut. Or just go to Chelsea, who once managed to tame Shep’s hair for a few hours.

I’d enjoy seeing his sister and Craig take him through a makeover day and then go out for a nice meal in Charleston. Like, I’m stuck in Covid reality, show me the shops, show me the sights, show me some fun!  

Watching a group of high school clique mean girls harangue one girl on the same issue they’ve been harping on for like five episodes is boring. I also give props to Kathryn for mostly remaining calm during all the talks. I think if someone sat down and calmly explained things to her and answered her questions without starting from the “I think you’re a racist“ angle, she might actually learn something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I’d like to know what happened with the father of Madison’s son - and if he has a restraining order out on her.

My understanding is that they were just very young when they married and had the son. I've seen him on her social media, so they seem to have an amiable relationship.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

In general, guys hate when their ex calls them a beta or pussy or that they don’t have BDE in front of their friends. Just saying!

In general, only terrible people call their ex a beta or pussy or say that they don’t have BDE in front of their friends. Just sayin’!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

My understanding is that they were just very young when they married and had the son. I've seen him on her social media, so they seem to have an amiable relationship.

Thanks - wonder what he thinks of her behavior on this show, and if he worries about their son.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, christmaslights said:

Austen should pass Madison to Pringle on a silver platter.  

And Pringle should pass her right back with a “No thanks, dude!” Would love to see the look on her face as they walk off together to have a beer.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Kathryn looked anything BUT pregnant from the reunion previews.  In fact, she looked super, super skinny.  When I heard her vomiting in the bathroom, my brain first went to bulimia.  

If I’m not mistaken, she wasn’t vomiting but was peeing on a pregnancy test stick. Or was there a scene I missed?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't particularly like Austen and actually kind of agree with Madison that he is no kind of "alpha male" - but then again, "alpha males" are the ones like Thomas Ravenal and no one would mistake him for any kind of a good person. So not being an "alpha" is not an insult, IMO.

But with all that I don't like about Austen, I don't see how he was gaslighting her at all. They've broken up. She treats him like dirt. He's not required to tell her about his hook ups. I don't see how NOT telling his ex-girlfriend that he hooked up with some other woman is gaslighting her.  

Beyond that, I think that something is truly wrong with her - she does need to be the center of the attention and she's acting like she's soap operatic super villain that everyone secretly respects, which, no.  Treating people as if they are beneath you - whether it's Austen, Danni, and yes, even Kathryn - does not engender respect.  Madison seems to think that Queen Bee Mean Girl behavior is going to make her Queen of the show, and she's going to be able to snag the hot guy (Pringle, I guess?) like she's still in high school and I suspect that Pringle is probably reassessing his interest. 

I think there's going to be a Queen Bee Battle next season between Madison and Leva.  I don't like either of them, but I'd put money on Leva.  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not sure when the reunion was filmed but Kathryn doesn’t lookpreggers there. Good lord, I hope it’s a false alarm. She needs another kid like she needs another drink or fix. 

I thought it odd that she was drinking from a Moscow Mule mug.  Has she acknowledged that she's drinking?  (I never really believed she quit to be honest).  For the sake of custody hearings and Thomas' nonsense, she should at least consider the impression she's giving with her choice of drinkware.  Oh wait, it's Kathryn.  Never mind.

19 hours ago, njbchlover said:

She reminds me of MJ from Shahs of Sunset.

Yes!  Totally.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Madison's outburst was quite nuts. I am rarely taken aback by these shows (especially in a world where we now have Jen Shah), but her anger was unwarranted and weird lol. I had to laugh a little when Shep said "I'm so sorry. I missed all of that." to poor Danni. 

But I was so damn proud of Danni she said she was about to put Madison off the dock!  Yes Danni- more of that!

And Danni’s conversation on that dock as said above was one of the best of all season. I’ve never liked Kathryn but in that scene I did not hate her.

Madison is one of the meanest people we’ve seen on these trash shows. I don’t remember the words but when Shep and Taylor were in the pool minding their own biz she was like “know what doesn’t float - a turd” or something equally stupid and made an evil face. She’s like the mean kid on A Christmas Story- just a total piece of shit.

She views herself some bad ass Alpha female who takes no prisoners.....for what?  What is her end game?  She calls Austen a beta, a pussy  (I hate that word), she’d maybe like and respect if he mentioned the King Street trash (or similar) he slept with.  When you say such things the only thing  this viewer feels is compassion for Austen- something I’d never thought I’d feel!  Get the fuck off this show you beta, 7 on your best day, you looked like you had bruises on your legs in your unfortunate  pool “photo shoot” psychopath!   And take Leva with you!

• Love 23

It wouldn't' be surprising if Madison is deliberately trying to throw bombs.

I'd forgotten about last season with the chlamydia accusation she made.  You'd think Shep and Dani would want little to do with her as possible after that.

But if they want to stay on the show, they can't avoid her.

So this season, she raised it up a few notches.  They sure featured her a lot more than before.  Kathryn better watch out, Madison is angling for the role of the resident shrew. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, TruffleHog said:

Anybody else notice the spray tan fingerprints allover Kathryn's white door in the final scene?

Just came over here to say that door was disgusting!  I couldn't believe it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, nytonc said:

Was Madison always an enormous bitch?  She has a mean streak several miles wide. Austin is no prize but the delight she gets from torturing him is scary.  I really hate to agree with Shep but he was right about her. She’s a low class nobody. 

How long is Leva going to drag out the Katherine thing?  I think the monkey emoji was just Katherine being Katherine. Vapid and self-absorbed. She doesn’t have enough working brain cells to have sent it as a racist statement. It’s a convenient excuse for Leva to get screen time. 

Probably as long as the producers tell her to!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I don't think for a moment even Michele Obama herself would speak to Katherine.like that. She would show compassion and give her the benefit of the doubt and move on.  Leva and her followers are just awful and have made their point a million times, do they expect Katherine to renounce her entire upbringing and throw herself at their feet begging for mercy.  If she did they would say it was wrong.

I'm bothered that they openly discuss her boyfriend as if he is a non-person.  Just a convenient black man without any feelings or brain of his own who fits her current narrative.   Someone should stand up for him.

Edited by christmaslights
stupid spelling
  • Love 13

Michele O'Bama

Lol.

I don't think for a moment even Michele O'Bama herself would speak to Katherine.like that. She would show compassion and give her the benefit of the doubt and move on.  

I don’t disagree that Michelle would come from a more compassionate place because that appears to be the person she is. However, she herself, has been compared to a monkey on numerous occasions, so I don’t think she’d be easy on Kathryn. That is a horrible/demeaning thing to do. I still think Leva’s message made sense but her execution and delivery were awful. But as I said yesterday, these people were either Kathryn’s friends or they aren’t. No need to keep harping on the same thing with someone who doesn’t get it and possibly doesn’t want to. 

However, Venita (the Black woman who appeared as a friend of scary Madison) made an important point. It is not the responsibility of Black people (or any other targeted race/group) to educate ignorant people. If people want to be better (and be a part of a more equitable, accepting society), they have to do the work and research for themselves to learn the history behind why certain things are offensive. 

But I’ll step off my soapbox. I’m getting too deep for this crap show 😂

Edited by Legalbeagle421
  • Love 17

All these women are playing a part for the show. Kathryn however is just being herself from day 1. That's why she comes across the way she does. Take her or leave her- whatever. I never liked Austen. He's so cocky and arrogant & for no good reason. But he is always horribly mismatched with the main cast of the show. I never believed he & Chelsea had sex or were an item. It seemed fake for TV. He & Madison also seemed to have no chemistry and are a fake TV romance.  But if I have to hear about them one more time I'm going to barf. It's so boring and annoying at the same time. I used to not mind Madison but she sank for me lately. The fight with Danni was dumb.  I don't know what her role or her friendships are without Austen there to go on/off with.  There's no substance there. Craig makes me laugh. Shep is checked out. Pringle is wait & see but I don't like him too much. Usually season 1 is the most "real" you'll see anyone & it's all downhill from there. Pringle's sister gives me major alcoholic vibes. I felt she was a slurring mess & even the 1st time I saw her this season, I said she had shakes a-la Shep.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 2

When I first saw Austen and Madison as a couple I knew it wasn’t gonna work. Same for Chelsea. They both require a “manly man” or Alpha male, as Madison kept indicating. 
Madison strikes me as the girl who was always pretty and was popular because of it, and her family probably reinforced that. I mean, in looks, they were just “meh.” I’m imagining hell would break loose if there were another cute girl (competition). That’s what we see today. Someone slept with “her man” and the girl’s not there so she’ll lay into Austen. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Katherine pregnant again would be... insanity.  I hate that I’m wondering if she was doing it to ensure that she has a lifelong fashion accessory that proves she’s not racist.  But, seeing how she latched onto Ravenel, I wouldn’t be surprised.  As for an apology from Kat, she could have choked one out on the first episode of the season and didn’t.  HonestLy, I don’t think she has the intelligence to learn and grow as a result of this season’s controversy.  She’s the product of generations of inbreeding and it’s continuing with her offspring.  (Sorry if that sounds mean)

Madison, if she’s just acting for the camera, is just too good at being a nasty psycho for it to be a role. I would be afraid to have her do my hair.  I would be wondering if she was just doing it only so decent so it doesn’t show up her own hotness.  (I’m twice her age so it doesn’t matter). I just would never trust her. 
Pringle, and his sister, are the sad sacks of the bunch, forever moping around for no apparent reason.  This week, his excuse is that the boys went back to Cali.  He needs to shave off that beard but part of me thinks he uses the facial hair as a mask to hide behind.  He doesn’t really say why he moved back to Charleston except that his family lives here. But if you miss your kids, maybe you should be the one moving across country every few months.  Clearly if that plantation represents the caliber of his family friends and his family, there’s a reason Patricia hurried to invite him to a private dinner at her mansion.  $$$$.  Even more reason to stop moping around feeling sorry for yourself!  Have some fun or do something good for the community - or both.

There was one Unidentified guy at the dinner table and I wondered if it was some offspring of the family who owns the plantation they were using.  
As for those “dolphins” doing their thing, they looked like sharks to me but I don’t know what east coast dolphins look like.  They weren’t shown swimming like dolphins.  I would not have been dipping my toes in that water during a screaming argument that sounds like injured wildlife drowning.   
I’m ready for a break from this bunch and I know that none of them will have changed over the hiatus.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, christmaslights said:

Austen should pass Madison to Pringle on a silver platter.  

I think he has seen her behavior and is now not interested.

Madison seemed shit faced at the party.  What was with all her posing for pictures.   She might as well climbed on the table  and yell look at me.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Kathryn, inside with the girls trying to defend her racist comments and use of the monkey emoji: "I didn't know who I was talking to."

I think that's a pretty damned telling comment. She's probably gotten away with racist shitposting in the past. This time she unknowingly encountered a Black woman with a public profile in Charleston and her own platform. The only reason Kathryn's "sorry" is because she got caught. Bravo should have fired her ass over this. That they did not reflects very poorly on them.

• Love 7
On 1/22/2021 at 5:31 AM, Lassus said:

How unpleasant have these new characters for Southern Charm been that it inspires people to root for PRINGLE? 

Lol. I dont think he is that bad, especially compared to the rest of the newbies. I never want to have to see Leva again for all the reasons others have mentioned.  I disliked Madison when she first came on the show and now after seeing her in her full narcissistic sociopathic glory, loathe her. Even though Austen is no prize, he shouldn't be wasting one more second on her. And Patricia has gone down several more notches for fawning over her.  It is truly bizarre when Craig and Shep came out looking like the best people in this cast.

6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

This show has gone to shit.  It just needs to be cancelled.  The reunion is pointless and they need to bring back SC:NOLA.

Yes! If this is the best that Whitney and Bravo can come up with this needs to be shitcanned. This show has truly jumped the shark  mating dolphins. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Well, I guess Kathryn and Leva can “bond” over having a biracial child. I hope this wasn’t a stunt if she is pregnant. Your kid isn’t a prop. 

I'm betting she's not pregnant. The previews are probably just Bravo production thinking this will entice us to watch another season. The chances of that happening (for me) are slim to none, and slim's out of town.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm betting she's not pregnant. The previews are probably just Bravo production thinking this will entice us to watch another season. The chances of that happening (for me) are slim to none, and slim's out of town.

Probably Bravo production realizing that we're so sick of this cast that we might only watch the reunion to see if Kathryn is pregnant.

Please Bravo, let the reunion be only one episode! There weren't enough interesting interactions for a season, we sure don't need a 3-episode reunion.

• Love 6

Kathryn is obviously not pregnant, or they would have showed the positive pregnancy test. The reunion and current social media pictures very clearly tell us she’s basically “anti-pregnant”—practically losing the amount of pregnancy weight, lol. They’re trying to throwback to the season 1 finale. But, nothing is going to beat that one—Kathryn taking the pregnancy test, fade to black with “Nine Months Later” while hearing a baby crying, and then they flash back open on Kathyrn and T-Rav with baby Kensie. Sorry, show, you’re not getting that magic back. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Whitney - His guitar playing was my favorite part of this episode. He was at least trying to create a fun, party atmosphere. It looked like he was trying to social distance until he kissed Madison 1...sigh.

Madison 1 - Hopefully this was filmed pre-boob job, because they were flat in that skanky swimsuit attire. She wanted the girls to hash things out really quick in order to quick get the storyline back onto herself for the finale.

Madison 2 - She has every right to be upset with Katherine since Katherine's actions affect her business. An at-will employee can be fired for any reason or no reason. But why is Katherine's apology just so essential to her?

Leva - She looked desperate trying to bring up more bad things Kathryn said. She'll never be pleased until Kathryn is utterly humiliated, disgraced, castigated, ostracized, scapegoated, etc. She wants to emotionally enslave Katherine. Leader of the Shame Squad.

Craig - Really disappointed he finally gave into the Shame Squad and dropped Katherine's defense.

Austen - He's absolutely right about Madison wanting attention above all else. He's an idiot for sleeping around during COVID, but at least he's finally over Madison 1. Eventually, he'll settle down with a nice girl and have kids, since his background seems fairly normal.

Shep - NuCuLar - Awesome, bro. Must be so nice not to need an education.

John - Strange parenting. The really permissive Dad with a heart? Or does he just not care? 

Kathryn - Carried herself with quiet grace and dignity. She asked the Shame Squad what she was supposed to do about her racism. What more do they want? She's so calm, cool and collected while everybody else just flips out around her. 

Danni - Glad she stuck up to Madison 1. Finally showed a backbone.

• Love 14