Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Treehouse of Cards Part 2

• Start Topic

As the finale concludes, fireworks fly when Madison learns Austen has been hooking up with another woman. While Kathryn finally confronts her DM scandal, other fractures in the group threaten to finally break their friendships.

Mercifully, this is the last regular episode of this season. Let's close the door on the shitfest that was Southern Charm season 7.

Original air date 2021.01.21

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I’d love for Madison’s friend to shut up. She barely knows these people, she JUST met Kathryn at the beach party. Why is she running the show right now? I think what Kathryn did was disgusting and she owes everyone an soliloquy’s but I wouldn’t be mad if she flipped that woman off and said “bitch, you don’t even know me.” 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Hopefully, Kathryn's not pregnant!  She might just be bloated. I hope that beyotch Madison, is  off the whole show.  She's awful.  I hope old Pringle can see what a dingdong she is and he figures out (although she resembles his ex) her total line of bullshit.  Those boys of his don't need HER to help HIM. She's just a total SKANK.  She thinks she's all that because  Patricia thinks she's all that.  She's NOT.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not sure when the reunion was filmed but Kathryn doesn’t lookpreggers there. Good lord, I hope it’s a false alarm. She needs another kid like she needs another drink or fix. 

Kathryn looked anything BUT pregnant from the reunion previews.  In fact, she looked super, super skinny.  When I heard her vomiting in the bathroom, my brain first went to bulimia.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 6
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not sure when the reunion was filmed but Kathryn doesn’t lookpreggers there. Good lord, I hope it’s a false alarm. She needs another kid like she needs another drink or fix. 

Why am I not surprised.  What else is new?  Cameron was the smartest.  Had a baby and quit this shitfest of a show it has become.

• Love 10

Perfect end to a shit season. The women should be thankful Kathryn gave them a storyline. They quite literally talked of nothing else. 

Is the Gwynn's chick also named Madison? There was a guy listed as Madison's fiance, never seen him before. Or is Madison #2 the woman who just met Kathryn at the beach party but has been talking about her for weeks and expects an apology? There was another random guy at the dinner table who didn't even warrant a name flash/title. 

Madison#1 did herself no favors this season, what a shrew. 

Preview of the reunion, looks like Shep & Craig are rocking the same hairstyle, a comb over. Not hot. 

• Love 10

The cast seems to agree with Leva.  No point in being upset with the messenger.  Kathryn wasn’t even opposed to it.   I guess Leva came in for the season because regular cast members  either did not wish or were not able to speak the truth.  So,sort of my favorite season.  Thanks Andy.  

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, snarts said:

Perfect end to a shit season. The women should be thankful Kathryn gave them a storyline. They quite literally talked of nothing else. 

Is the Gwynn's chick also named Madison? There was a guy listed as Madison's fiance, never seen him before. Or is Madison #2 the woman who just met Kathryn at the beach party but has been talking about her for weeks and expects an apology? There was another random guy at the dinner table who didn't even warrant a name flash/title. 

Madison#1 did herself no favors this season, what a shrew. 

Preview of the reunion, looks like Shep & Craig are rocking the same hairstyle, a comb over. Not hot. 

Yes.  I always called her Gwynn's Madison (the brunette who seemed to have forsaken touching up her grey hairs), but I think the chryon referred to her and her fiance as "Madison Simon" and "Madison Simon's Fiance (poor guy - couldn't even get his name on TV).   I always called the other one "Austen's Madison", but I guess that doesn't work anymore.  

And, Madison's friend who was so vocal during that table sit-down with Kathryn - I can't remember what her name is and really don't care to.  Didn't like her taking over the entire conversation, well - taking over when Leva would let her.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9

Madison #1 went from being most popular cast member to the biggest bitch in one season ( she took the crown away from Katherine & then from Shep). I actually think this must have been a plan.After all, the villain always get the most screen time & asserting herself into every altercation will do that for you. If there’s a next season it will be a competition between the two of them for most screen time and most fights. Hope Austen stays away from her.

• Love 10

Madison isn’t nearly a big enough train wreck or interesting enough to demand soap opera villain screen time.

And a Kathryn apology has all the weight of a feather.  I don’t think it’s worth the time or effort everyone is expending to get it.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Madison isn’t nearly a big enough train wreck or interesting enough to demand soap opera villain screen time.

And a Kathryn apology has all the weight of a feather.  I don’t think it’s worth the time or effort everyone is expending to get it.

But Madison sure is mean enough. Those evil little smirks she kept giving were something else. This episode did make transparent what Austen had been saying (can’t believe I’m agreeing with Austen)- that Madison just wants all attention on her. The girl is very, very thirsty- hoping Austen will notice her taking pictures on the float and then yelling that maybe she would be interested in Austen if he had told her himself about the hookup. And then all her shit-stirring with Kathryn and the women at the end. She just appears desperate.

I also don’t understand wanting an apology from Kathryn. She made it pretty clear on this episode that she wanted to “show” people she’s not racist (rehab her image), not actually do the work of being anti-racist. I think apologies can be good things and starting points for progress, but I don’t see how her giving a fake apology (while learning nothing) helps forward the cause of racial justice. I do think some of the cast really want her to be sorry and they want her to get it, but she doesn’t. An apology would just be performative at this point.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 11

It’s definitely a Bravo standard for any show’s finale episode to be a party at which there’s a “final showdown” and blow-up of what’s been building all season. Madison was certainly playing her part and following the producer’s directions to fight with Austen and to get the girl fight swirling. I mean, otherwise it makes no sense for her to tell Leva and the non-cast members that she’s going to go get Kathyrn so they can settle it—and then promptly tell Kathyrn the complete opposite that she needs to stand up to those girls and let them know why she’s right! And then throw in an extra fight with Danni out of the blue, while you’re at it. Neither Madison nor Leva are good at Bravo fighting. They’re just too intense and too much. The viewers don’t want to see you going nonstop yelling at people. You need to learn the Bravo art of throwing in a backhanded compliment or getting offended by the silliest of slights. Granted, I don’t think anyone has had fun these last 10+ months being locked down in COVID, but these people we’re actually going places and doing things WITHOUT MASKS and couldn’t even bring us a glimmer of fun. This season was just annoying and head-ache provoking. Pringle was actually ok, so I don’t want him as a new cast member to be caught up in why this season didn’t work. Just ALL of the women were too much! I can go the rest of my life without ever hearing from Madison, Leva, and the hangers on. Even Danni annoyed me, as she at all times looked like she was one final shiver away from bursting into dust. And as much as Danni needs some anti-anxiety medication or something, give Kathryn some anti-depressants. They were both just sad to watch all season and made me worried about their mental states. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 15

At this point I’m hoping next season is just John Pringle wandering around Charleston. Hanging out, talking about places he likes, and having conversations with random people. Craig can join up with him now and then. Don’t care what happens to Shep or Austen. Sick of all the women except Danni. I wish her well and think she’s too good for this show.

Edited by RedHawk
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

Austen’s family should plan an intervention and find an expert to help him understand what happened in his encounter with evil. When people are conned, used and discarded by someone they thought loved them, there’s lasting pain and dysfunction. 

I feel sorry for anyone who falls for Madison - and for her innocent child, who must experience her cruelty often when they’re alone. (Despite the caring mom mask she wore with Pringle and his sons.)

Bravo has gone too far in elevating people with serious issues just because they bring the drama. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

At this point I’m hoping next season is just John Pringle wandering around Charleston. Hanging out, talking about places he likes, and having conversations with random people. Craig can join up with him now and then. Don’t care what happens to Shep or Austen. Sick of all the women except Danni. I wish her well and think she’s too good for this show.

If he brings his guitar, he can be just like Grant Lee in Stars Hollow. The troubadour of Charleston!

435FFA66-B546-4B1F-9167-9FF484481C98.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

How unpleasant have these new characters for Southern Charm been that it inspires people to root for PRINGLE?  😉

(Of course, they couldn't even manage ONE new character on Vanderpump who reached the level of "questionably acceptable, I guess", so.)

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Kathryn looked anything BUT pregnant from the reunion previews.  In fact, she looked super, super skinny.  When I heard her vomiting in the bathroom, my brain first went to bulimia.  

Truthfully all I could focus on the filthy, self tanner fingerprint smudged bathroom door.

I do not believe for one minute there was a pregnancy scare, I think Kathryn needed to shift focus from her racist story to the I could be pregnant cliff hanger story.

• Love 13

I think Austen deserves some form of comeuppance for all of his gaslighting, womanizing bullshit behavior he has displayed since his arrival on the scene. I don't condone the way Madison treats him or anyone else, but he's not innocent.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Austen deserves some form of comeuppance for all of his gaslighting, womanizing bullshit behavior

I don't mind the bros getting comeuppance for being bros, and all the boys generally suck as treating women well on this show - Full agreement.  I wish some of them would get called out at the moment, more often.  

But as an honest question, what gaslighting was Austen doing previously?  I ask mostly for that term being beaten into various definitions, instead of the more specific: 

What is the modern meaning of Gaslighting?

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment.

Gaslighting - Wikipedia

And honestly, I have always found Austen to be enormously forgettable, and possibly not devoted enough to follow through on actual gaslighting.  I see it as more of Shep's game.

I think that king douchebag Whitney (Yes, he's nice to his mother.  See Chris Rock about someone getting extra credit for something they're SUPPOSED to do.) was a ridiculous gaslighting dickhead to generally unredeemable Kathryn.  It doesn't mean that I'm not rooting for METEOR in the Whitney/Kathryn cage match, but him denying their hookup with her present is a gaslighting move.  I mean, if Craig told Naomi that she was being mean to him, I wouldn't consider THAT gaslighting; because it really seemed she WAS being mean to him, often.  If Austen was telling Madison last season she was jerking him around, well, we can see by now that really wasn't gaslighting. 

Was Austen tripling and quadrupling down on something untrue with some woman in one of his other utterly forgettable storylines?  He may have been, I just don't recall. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Austen’s family should plan an intervention and find an expert to help him understand what happened in his encounter with evil. When people are conned, used and discarded by someone they thought loved them, there’s lasting pain and dysfunction. 

I feel sorry for anyone who falls for Madison - and for her innocent child, who must experience her cruelty often when they’re alone. (Despite the caring mom mask she wore with Pringle and his sons.)

Bravo has gone too far in elevating people with serious issues just because they bring the drama. 

Thank you for this Nexxie.

Madison is a socio/psychopath. Look up “sociopathic smirk”, you’ll be astounded to see the similarities to Madison and her vile personality disorder. 

Madison is very pretty but I actually don’t think she’s ALL that, sorry. She sure thinks she is though, LMAO. It would have been so funny if she would have tripped down those wooden steps after calling Austen a “beta” and a pussy...again. What a sadistic bitch.  Get her off this show, she’s disgusting. 

I saw the reunion preview and wasn’t that interesting when Madison snapped, “shut your muppet mouth” to Austen?? Hmm... Your transparency is showing Madison. You used Austen to get on the show, and now read all the boards and the comments. I always hated that people called him muppet mouth, but that’s me. Madison was supposed to care about him but she hurls THAT insult at him?? Nope. She used him, plain and simple. She’s truly gross. 

Im not watching next year if the sadistic sociopath and bullying Leva remain. Leva, the buzziest of all buzzkills. Man. 

And I appreciate that she called Kathryn out for her racism. It’s a very current issue that needs to be discussed. But not every episode, with Leva’s deadly serious expression in every frame. I wonder if she’s ever had any fun in her life??

I bet Cameran ditched her because she could not believe Leva went on the show and hung out with Kathryn after “The Rumor.” 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 14
53 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Truthfully all I could focus on the filthy, self tanner fingerprint smudged bathroom door.

I do not believe for one minute there was a pregnancy scare, I think Kathryn needed to shift focus from her racist story to the I could be pregnant cliff hanger story.

I thought the same thing about a cliff hanger.  The issue with a cliff hanger on a "reality" tv show is that there actually is another show, or shows, AFTER the finale - the reunion shows.  Also, these people live their lives on social media constantly posting photos and selfies, especially in the downtimes between filming and the actual broadcasting of the show, so it would be no surprise once the show resumes filming for next season.

Kathryn probably cooked up that last scene of her holding the pregnancy test stick with the producers, but they were all too stupid to figure out that the cliffhanger wouldn't work.

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4