Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
LetsStartTalking

The View: Week of January 4, 2021

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

So it took less than 48 hrs for Megan to do the whole why can't we all just get along thing.  Unless she has been blind deaf and dumb for the past umpteen years she has to know her tribe has been unwilling to work with the other side.  But now the other shoe is on the other foot she thinks it's time to work together.  Fuck her.

She's always been dumb. Deaf is just her having selective hearing when Joy says "I'm talking". 

5 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Cancel culture isn't real. No one who has been canceled actually remained canceled. Plus, Meghan was okay with Colin Kaepernick being canceled so what's the difference? 

She's also always been a hypocrite. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, Tunia said:

So Meg-gun says "If people can't work with him (Hawley), he should resign".  Uh, Meg...if that were the criteria, you'd be gone long ago.

Yes!  My thoughts exactly!  Resign me-again!  She has been totally off the mark this week.  Even more than usual. And unprepared.  Don’t they know ahead of time what the topics will be? She totally stepped on the next topic in the last one.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Man, Sunny's story is epic bummer. She must loathe the COVID deniers now. 

  • Sad 23

Share this post


Link to post

Sunny was speaking from the heart, so I don't think she inserted any bullshit faux thanks to MeAgain.  Or did I miss it? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I am in tears hearing about Sunny & Manny's lose 😞  And they were both Doctors~~ So nice to hear that the ladies all supported her.

  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I am in tears hearing about Sunny & Manny's lose 😞  And they were both Doctors~~ So nice to hear that the ladies all supported her.

Did they all?  Ana, Whoopi, and Joy were all namechecked. Sara MIGHT have been. I didn't hear it, but may have missed it. The same is true of MeAgain... but I'd hardly be surprised if she wasn't in that list. 

Oh wait. She went back and thanked Sara later.  So did she thank MeAgain or not? 

Edit - OK answered elsewhere 

Edited by Kromm
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Sunny was speaking from the heart, so I don't think she inserted any bullshit faux thanks to MeAgain.  Or did I miss it? 

She thanked her for keeping her up to date with the pop culture stuff (I guess as a distraction?) and her husband for sending bourbon, which Manny said was the best gift he could get. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Kromm said:

She must loathe the COVID deniers now. 

My mother is still in the hospital after contracting Covid a couple weeks before Christmas. She is over Covid but is now in skilled care to regain her strength before she comes home.  This virus sucks and anyone who says it's not real can STFU.

  • Like 11
  • Sad 26

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I was reminded of Medusa with Sunny's hair - or, she went to a beauty school and had a free student practice session for an updo.   I just turned it on now, and was like "WTF"??  And, the messy fishtail braid extension on Meghan looks like she just grabbed it out of the Amazon delivery envelope and clipped it on five minutes before the show!  

Yes, hard to take Sunny seriously with her "Crazy curls" and Megan with her 'fish tail" 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

 Senator Murphy referring  to Trump -"He looked like he was in a hostage video."  Haha!

 I also enjoyed Joy laughing in the background when he was responding to Meghan's totally insignificant question about Hawley's book deal.

Oh, Sunny!  That was heart wrenching.

 

 

  • Like 19
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

70 million Americans voted for Trump (and many more Republicans exist in the US besides that number) and Meghan thinks she's the only Republican any of us know. YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

Perhaps what she is really saying is that the only Liberals and/or Democrats she knows are her coworkers.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Timothy McVeigh was a a domestic terrorist and was a also a veteran. Megan really needs to stop. Veterans are just like any group of people, some are good and some are bad.  

Ana brought it all home and I love her even more after today.  Her pain of being rejected by her fellow Republicans for not going along with their Trump love moved me to tears.  She has had to take a lot of crap for bucking her party.  Even Megan called her a Rino to her face. It was what caused Ana to turn her back on her after that type of public disrespect..

Yep. And I loved that Ana low-key pegged her as a sell-out.

I only half heard what Sunny was saying at the end until I realized she was telling them someone had passed away. It wasn't Sunny's mother who lives with them, was it?

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 8
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I only half heard what Sunny was saying at the end until I realized she was telling them someone had passed away. It wasn't Sunny's mother who lives with them, was it?

Sadly, it was both of Manny's parents, both from COVID.  His mother passed on 12/28 and his father on New Year's.  How incredibly sad for their family.  Both were "Doctors, who did everything right (about COVID)".

Edited by Tunia
  • Sad 15

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Hawley must have missed that day in law school if he thinks this is a violation of his first amendment rights. 

Oh my gosh, he went to Stanford and Yale and he is this stupid.

  • Like 11
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

As a conservative republican blah blah blah, conservative republicans blah blah blah and as a conservative republican blah blah blah.......

 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/7/2021 at 12:10 PM, MeThinkMeNot said:

We saw what happened when people who look like us protest. BLM was attacked non stopped, brutally. Instead we have white people who are armed being treated with kid's gloves. I'm glad Sunny brought this up...even though Meghan interrupted her twice, but I'm glad this was brought up.

Even as a Muslim, if my people were near there it would immediately be labelled as a terrorist plot. White people get away with way too much and it needs to be addressed.

Joe Scarborough said if the “protestors” were black, they would have been shot in the face. If they were Muslim, they would have been sniped from atop buildings. 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

Meghan told us the other day that nothing was going to happen. trump was just blowing smoke. He was now irrelevant.  Why would anyone care what she has to say today?  Why won’t someone remind her of what she just said?

I think Ana's speech at the top of the show was pointed directly to her in many ways.   

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Sadly, it was both of Manny's parents, both from COVID.  His mother passed on 12/28 and his father on New Year's.  How incredibly sad for their family.  Both were "Doctors, who did everything right (about COVID)".

Manny's father passed on 12/28, and his mother on New Year's Day.

Just finished watching and so many thoughts, but I have a meeting I need to go to right now.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Manny's father passed on 12/28, and his mother on New Year's Day.

Just finished watching and so many thoughts, but I have a meeting I need to go to right now.

Im so sorry Sunny, my sincerest condolences. 

41 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I think Ana's speech at the top of the show was pointed directly to her in many ways.   

Yeah she got a few in that could only mean one .....She's so sly though hehehe.  She buries it so well, most people never even realize they've been shaded.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Joe Scarborough said if the “protestors” were black, they would have been shot in the face. If they were Muslim, they would have been sniped from atop buildings. 

I guess as a black Muslim, I'd be sniped in the face....

 

I remember Sunny looking out of it and looked angry at times before they went on break, hearing the news she shared today makes it all make sense. Dealing with the death of two parents (in-laws, but parents nonetheless) is hard. I'm sorry she had to go through that.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, After7Only said:

I think Ana's speech at the top of the show was pointed directly to her in many ways.   

I hope so.  She was on fire today so well spoken as compared to the other conservative.  Loved the “born again republicans”.  MM is so concerned about healing the ”division” which she and her tribe worked so hard to create...too late to put that genie back in the bottle.  You created these monsters so figure out what do.  Stupid question on Hawleys book deal...Murphy’s answer was great and pointed out how stupid the question was.  He made his bed...too bad.   And no your party doesn’t really want bipartisanship.  Talk to your tribe MM..they’re the roadblock.  Murphy was right...hawley could have withdrawn the objections and certified the election but didn’t so he could get his moments of fame. And MM still thinks her tribe wants to work with everyone?  Really?  Stop with the cancel culture crap...social media is reducing the lies online, they can’t help it if mostly conservatives are lying.  Take some responsibility MM.  Ana’s answer was correct and I thought the same thing about self publishing. No Sara...putting the lies onto mainstream media doesn’t fix this problem.  
 

Hated sunnys hair style and that fake braid of MM was truly awful and beyond fake.  Looked like what you’d buy for a child’s Halloween costume when they want to be Elsa.  How did she not know?  Joy does the hosting much better. And I think she’s looked really great this week...more relaxed and less stressed perhaps?  So sad for Sunny.  Losing parents at all is so difficult, but so close together is just awful.  Every time I hear a story about people who did everything right and still got terribly ill it just scares me more.  We’re supposed to get ours this month..if all goes well. So getting sick after all these quarantined months ad with light at the end of the tunnel,as Ana said, is the worst.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Timothy McVeigh was a a domestic terrorist and was a also a veteran. Megan really needs to stop. Veterans are just like any group of people, some are good and some are bad.  

 

Except the veterans in her family, which she can trace back to Noah's Ark. They are all SAINTS, not like 'any group of people'. 😀

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Murphy was right...hawley could have withdrawn the objections and certified the election but didn’t so he could get his moments of fame.

As Joy said without Trump as their leader his base won't be so motivated.  Hawley wants to be their leader.

6 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

 Take some responsibility

That will never happen.  If Trump had won she would gladly be telling all of us I told you so.  She only cares about what happened because it makes her team look bad.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan confuses choosing who to work with, where to spend your money and who to associate yourself with as cancel culture.  This is a free country and people are allowed to like or dislike anyone they want.  People are also free to be utter and complete assholes. But people are allowed to treat utter and complete assholes as such.  Meghan should learn the word consequences.

Right. I'm not saying Blake Shelton's life and career need to be over because he's racist, but I will not support him.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:
37 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

 Take some responsibility

That will never happen.  If Trump had won she would gladly be telling all of us I told you so.  She only cares about what happened because it makes her team look bad.

Yep!  Remember when she would ramble on and on before the election about what the Democrats needed to do to beat Trump?

As if they were all sitting around a table asking each other "Who is going to call Meghan McCain to tell us how to beat Trump because we have no clue what to do"?

All about her team!

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Except the veterans in her family, which she can trace back to Noah's Ark. They are all SAINTS, not like 'any group of people'. 😀

She does elevate all veterans..as someone said, like any other demographic veterans are no,different...still good people and not so good,people.  Not sure if Mm knows this particular vet also had two protection orders against her for activities against her husbands ex girlfriend.  

  • Like 12
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, McKavity said:

Ana - that’s what legitimate outrage looks like!  (vs. scripted from Meghan). Ana is fantastic all around.

On a superficial note, I love what she's wearing too, purple and feminine. Wish I could see her head to toe. 

ETA: Just got to the end of the show. Omg, poor Sunny. My heart goes out to Manny and the whole Hostin family. I can't imagine. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Good lord, what is with Meg’s hair?

Looks like roadkill with tire marks draped across her shoulder.

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Tunia said:

So Meg-gun says "If people can't work with him (Hawley), he should resign".  Uh, Meg...if that were the criteria, you'd be gone long ago.

I think Meg-gun was attempting to be sarcastic, implying that if others cannot work with him, THEY should be the ones resigning because they are the problem with their cancel culture.  She feels the same about her own job; she thinks that she is not the problem on the VIEW, it is her cohosts, guests and staff who don't know how to treat her and that she is completely innocent.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Ana’s opening was just *chef’s kiss*

Yeah, Republicans don’t get to play stupid when Trump has been whipping up mobs for years and they just cheered him on.

Of course Meg bleats about the woman who was shot trying to BREAK INTO THE CAPITOL just because she was a war vet. I respect vets but not when they become criminals and terrorists.

Also leave Olive Garden out of this!

I respect veterans, and a young woman being shot is a tragedy. I wish none of this ever occurred. But exactly! Meghan thinks all veterans are saints. You can appreciate our military without constantly romanticizing it. I guess this attitude isn't patriotic enough for her. Whatever.

LMAO right! I don't have the fanciest job, but I am an educated woman who does okay and would never commit any act of violence. Ever. So folks who dine at the Olive Garden are more likely to be thugs in Meghan's mind? I personally know all kinds of people who love that place, including veterans and doctors. I honestly like their food more than some of the so-called finer Italian restaurants around me. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I remember Sunny looking out of it and looked angry at times before they went on break, hearing the news she shared today makes it all make sense. Dealing with the death of two parents (in-laws, but parents nonetheless) is hard. I'm sorry she had to go through that.

And it is amazing how well Sunny has been able to do her job all week with this so fresh in her mind.  

I wonder how MM would have reacted if Sunny had forgotten to thank her?  It was nice to have them come back so Sunny could thank Sara, who probably assumed Sunny was overwhelmed, not dissing her.  Probably Teta's idea to perpetuate the myth that nobody has a problem with any of their cohosts.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

So, have much to say on this episode.  I feel so bad for Sunny's husband (well and the family at large).  Covid sucks, we all need to be careful.  As a teacher in PA where our case count is high and our school is fully back -- I want to be one of the first to get the vaccine.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm kind of surprised that Megan agreed with Anderson Cooper's Olive Garden comment instead of taking him to task for it, since she's supposed to represent middle America and all.  Just goes to show, no matter what their political leanings, people who were raised rich can always find common ground in their restaurant snobbery.  

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is it at all possible that Sunny lurks on this forum? Or maybe someone else at The View does and gives her a heads up? Because today she said the magic word with an x in it-“exodus”-to describe the cabinet members leaving the WH. MeAgain had used the word “influx” yesterday to describe this which meant the exact opposite. But it had an x in it so nice try, Honey Baby Doll, thanks for playing, though!

I agree that Ana’s opening remarks were a perfect example of Ana at her best-outrage and passion and fury delivered succinctly and powerfully. And I also agree that some of those remarks were absolutely directed at MeAgain so kudos to her.

That’s indeed heartbreaking about Sunny’s mother and father-in-law. Terrible.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Please, ABC, look at your ratings again. Make Ana the full-time fifth host and let MM go. In a week where we had to deal with 45's phone call threats to GA's secretary of state, Alex Trebek's final Jeopardy episode and the riots at the Capitol Building (not to mention the ever-climbing COVID-19 numbers), we need more voices like Ana's and less like MM's. Even though I mute the TV when she speaks, can't rub away that smirk of hers while watching. Please!!

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Is it at all possible that Sunny lurks on this forum? Or maybe someone else at The View does and gives her a heads up? Because today she said the magic word with an x in it-“exodus”-to describe the cabinet members leaving the WH. MeAgain had used the word “influx” yesterday to describe this which meant the exact opposite. But it had an x in it so nice try, Honey Baby Doll, thanks for playing, though!

 

I wonder if any of the other ladies lurk around on here 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan is an idiot. If a publishing company decides not to publish a book, then Republicans are going to be barred from restaurants and turned down for credit cards. The simon and Schuster thing is exactly the same as what happened to whoopi decades ago. She made a crude comment about President Bush,  and slimfast dropped her as a spokesperson. Companies can do that.

And she thinks if people hate her, its because she's the only republican we see and we're channeling our anger. Holy crap, does she have that wrong!  Somehow democrats being angry is the problem? 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, TimWil said:

Is it at all possible that Sunny lurks on this forum? 

She'd probably enjoy reading that most of us think she's a very smart and classy lady who's a huge asset to The View. Now Meghan on the other hand, boy would her head explode reading all our posts!

4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is an idiot. If a publishing company decides not to publish a book, then Republicans are going to be barred from restaurants and turned down for credit cards. The simon and Schuster thing is exactly the same as what happened to whoopi decades ago. She made a crude comment about President Bush,  and slimfast dropped her as a spokesperson. Companies can do that.

And she thinks if people hate her, its because she's the only republican we see and we're channeling our anger. Holy crap, does she have that wrong!  Somehow democrats being angry is the problem? 

I don't get the way her brain processes information. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan does not listen to anything that is or could be non-right-wing information. She often hears one or two words and assumes the speaker is talking about something she detests, gets enraged and starts ranting on and on off topic.  There was one time this week where Whoopi eventually threw to Sunny, who just ignored MM's off-topic rant and said "Back to the topic ..." and continued with her sane response to the question originally asked.  MM went into squinty bitch face mode.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/8/2021 at 9:36 AM, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan may be disgusted by what happened at the Capitol and I don't doubt her emotions at seeing that, but by defending Hawley and making him come off as a victim or trying to talk about divisiveness in politics when Hawley pushed for it isn't it. You can't keep asking Dems or the left to bridge the gap when those in the right refuse to come forward. It doesn't make sense. I'm glad the senator shut her down when she tried to talk about unity. I really hate they talking point.

https://meaww.com/meghan-mc-cain-support-josh-hawley-donald-trump-mad-king-the-view-stop-the-steal-violence-capitol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

Meghan does not listen to anything that is or could be non-right-wing information. She often hears one or two words and assumes the speaker is talking about something she detests, gets enraged and starts ranting on and on off topic.  There was one time this week where Whoopi eventually threw to Sunny, who just ignored MM's off-topic rant and said "Back to the topic ..." and continued with her sane response to the question originally asked.  MM went into squinty bitch face mode.

you mean there was a moment she was out of squinty bitch face mode? guess i blinked

she has her script and was thrown when the conversation was going in an order not on her cards

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size