Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of January 4, 2021

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, pachebo said:

4 days late and many dollars short, but did anyone else note MM saying "pull the trigger for Biden" on Monday's show?

Yes, a very strange phrase to use, but MM does not care about being politically correct.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, pachebo said:

4 days late and many dollars short, but did anyone else note MM saying "pull the trigger for Biden" on Monday's show?

Yes.  A very thoughtless choice of words. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Meghan ranted on and on.  She said it was the last thing she was going to say this morning.  Then she immediately interrupted Sunny.  She couldn't stay quiet for even a few minutes.  

I couldn’t listen to her.....in my mind she’s made enough excuses over the four years that she has some complicity.  And joy is right that they are all totally complicit no matter how much they say they don’t support what happened yesterday.  You knew what he was.  

• Love 23
6 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Just like she didn't care about mat leave until it happened to her, she didn't care about Trump supporters and defended them until this happened.

She would still be defending the 70 some million that voted for Trump, which I still wonder if she was part of them.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 19
39 minutes ago, suomi said:

From her convoluted and ungrammatical tweet -

"I understand why people want to take all their anger at this event at any and all republicans - and I am the only one a lot of you see."

Oh hell yes, seeing a Republican on TV is like glimpsing a white buffalo or a unicorn. A rare sighting indeed.

The ego on this one never fails to amaze.  

I said this already but she has some complicity as well and maybe that’s why people don’t like her...plus she’s annoying and rude!

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Kromm said:

like Martha, and she's largely right, but was very wrong about one point: the "who could have seen this coming" statement she made.  She just tossed it out at the start, only later to bemoan the lack of law enforcement presence.  You can't believe both things.  I saw it coming, and I'm just some moron on the Internet. So what's their excuse? 

The way I interpreted was that no one saw law enforcement being ineffective to the point of being part of the coup.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Finally saw yesterday’s show (it was preempted here for all the congressional coverage).  Good on Whoopie...and boy MM really can’t take being told  no and to stop talking.  She was definitely ready to cry when she tried to talk about GA and stopped.  Maybe she’s just surprised that this week people aren’t treating her with kid gloves!  Hope that trend continues.  

• Love 13

9 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Exactly.  This wasn't my election (I'm Canadian) but those seeds have been planted months ago that if Trump were to lose, it was because it was 'rigged.'  This rally was planned for a while ago.  No one thought to have extra security or police on stand by?  

At least Martha looks slightly better now and I hope she got to rest.  Last night at the end of the live coverage on ABC just before 11 pm, you can tell she was RATTLED by the day's events.

Did you see at one point she was giving a report to George and a guy came up and was standing up close to her, dressed all in black, face covered, only his eyes showing.  He was scary.  He kept eyeing her and then eyeing her backpack of gear.  George kept trying to warn her without him hearing but Martha was into her report.  She finally stopped to take a breath lol and caught a look of him and then took care of it, but he was going to attack her.

8 hours ago, pachebo said:

No, I've been practicing the tuning out of her.  Getting pretty good too  😁

• Love 3

And once again today MM displayed her singular lack of English vocabulary skills-at one point she referred to the “influx of people” starting to resign from the White House. Honey Baby Doll, the word “influx” actually means “an arrival or entry of large numbers of people or things.”

Did she mean to say “exodus”? Some other word with an x in it? Oh, never mind.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Did you see at one point she was giving a report to George and a guy came up and was standing up close to her, dressed all in black, face covered, only his eyes showing.  He was scary.  He kept eyeing her and then eyeing her backpack of gear.  George kept trying to warn her without him hearing but Martha was into her report.  She finally stopped to take a breath lol and caught a look of him and then took care of it, but he was going to attack her.

My husband and I were watching this and were really afraid for her. I was afraid he was going to do something to her on live tv. 

7 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

MeGun is *always* thoughtless. Her faux tears and concern today were sickening. STFU, you miserable b**ch!

Meghan looked like she was enjoying the chance to do righteous anger. She's upset, because like medical care and parental leave, it finally affects her.  But she mistakes the symbols of the country for the country itself. The damage to America was done with the treatment of people at the border seeking asylum in the country built on asylum and the traumatized kids, something Meghan rolled her eyes at again this week, the racial inequality in the justice system and voter suppression they're not even trying to hide. Breaking into the Capitol building is just a physical manifestation what has been going on for years.

Meghan didn't call out Gaetz and the others who are saying that it was Antifa disguised as right wingers. The tears are crocodile, she's still protecting her team. All week she has been insisting that the millions of Americans who believe that the election was stolen need to be respected, But in not saying that they are mistaken, she is tacitly validating the beliefs that the insurgents use to justify their actions.

Martha Radditz explained away the lack of policing and gear saying that because they had over-reacted to the events of the summer, they pulled back now. Sure, Martha.

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, Axie said:

Meghan, I am in DC.  My neighbor is a staunch Republican and I saw and talked to her today so you’re not the only one I see. What a burden you bear being so much for so many people!  You must be exhausted. Therefore, feel free to take tomorrow off!  

Less than 1% of Americans watch The View, so 99% must be watching other Republicans, Missy.  And most of them don't have a clue who you are.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Meghan looked like she was enjoying the chance to do righteous anger. She's upset, because like medical care and parental leave, it finally affects her.  But she mistakes the symbols of the country for the country itself. The damage to America was done with the treatment of people at the border seeking asylum in the country built on asylum and the traumatized kids, something Meghan rolled her eyes at again this week, the racial inequality in the justice system and voter suppression they're not even trying to hide. Breaking into the Capitol building is just a physical manifestation what has been going on for years.

Yes, Meghan is more interested in symbolism and culture wars than she is in the country and its citizens. She cares more about the flag than LIFE. 

2 hours ago, Axie said:

Meghan, I am in DC.  My neighbor is a staunch Republican and I saw and talked to her today so you’re not the only one I see. What a burden you bear being so much for so many people!  You must be exhausted. Therefore, feel free to take tomorrow off!  

Does she think there's anyone in the US who's only surrounded by Joy Behars? lol I have Republican family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, and watch shows other than The View. Meghan is hardly the only Republican I hear talk politics. I'm sure many of the folks who tweet her have plenty of Republicans in their lives. 

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Less than 1% of Americans watch The View, so 99% must be watching other Republicans, Missy.  And most of them don't have a clue who you are.

Meghan thinks her father is Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson famous and that she's like American royalty or something. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Good lord, what is with Meg’s hair?

Here we go with “we have to understand the protesters  terrorists.”  Did she ever say that about BLM protesters?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She braided the tail on her race horse and decided to wear it on her shoulder.  I'm glad she's been doing her 'soul searching and ruminating' on the domestic terrorists. It's a wonder why she's not in charge of the FBI.

I guess a 14 year veteran as well as doctors and lawyers don't eat at Olive Garden in her world ?

KUDOS to Joy for moderating today - she should have done it all week instead of Whoopi. Joy really knows how to keep it moving along.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Of course Meg bleats about the woman who was shot trying to BREAK INTO THE CAPITOL just because she was a war vet. I respect vets but not when they become criminals and terrorists.

Meg never ceases to amaze me with her horrific takes 

• Love 12

Pence is a lot less likely to pardon Spanky than he was two days ago. Interesting none of them said that.

MeAgain is having trouble thinking of things to say.  I wonder why?   Heh. No I don't. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I was thinking the same about Sunny.  Did she just roll out of bed?  She looks like the "morning after" a hot date!

Edited by Tunia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did no one tell her that the woman was a proud QAnon member? Why she was there? Being a vet doesn't excuse one from criticism. Martha Radditz said it yesterday, how shocked she was that so many of the domestic terrorists were Veterans. So Meghan can just miss me with that. I swear, her attitude/defense of all veterans is like Whoopi's defense of ALL celebrities: they can do NO wrong.

Does anyone remember her calling out any BLM protesters as war veterans ? Did she do any ruminating on those protesters and dig deep into any of their backgrounds ?  I don't think so.

1 minute ago, Tunia said:

I was thinking the same about Sunny.  Did she just roll out of bed?  She looks like the "morning after" a hot date!

😄😄😄😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Oh good God, now Meg is bemoaning cancel culture because Hawley’s book contract was cancelled. It was a business decision. Geez. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Meghan may be disgusted by what happened at the Capitol and I don't doubt her emotions at seeing that, but by defending Hawley and making him come off as a victim or trying to talk about divisiveness in politics when Hawley pushed for it isn't it. You can't keep asking Dems or the left to bridge the gap when those in the right refuse to come forward. It doesn't make sense. I'm glad the senator shut her down when she tried to talk about unity. I really hate they talking point.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Murphy shut down MeAgain's STUPID question implying First Amendment abuse if a PRIVATE COMPANY didn't publish Hawley's book. Good for him. Her question was disgusting. 

Yes, the Senator gave her a good answer to her stupid question,  this Hawley guy made some stupid statement about suing the book company because they were trying to 'silence him"  oh Good Grief!

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh good God, now Meg is bemoaning cancel culture because Hawley’s book contract was cancelled. It was a business decision. Geez. 

Hawley's book was cancelled because the publishing company didn't want to be associated with someone like him. Which is entirely their right.

2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Murphy shut down MeAgain's STUPID question implying First Amendment abuse if a PRIVATE COMPANY didn't publish Hawley's book. Good for him. Her question was disgusting. 

For someone who says she keeps a copy of the Constitution close to her shouldn't she know the First Amendment refers to the government not being able to impede someone's free speech? Doesn't apply to a business.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan may be disgusted by what happened at the Capitol and I don't doubt her emotions at seeing that, but by defending Hawley and making him come off as a victim or trying to talk about divisiveness in politics when Hawley pushed for it isn't it. You can't keep asking Dems or the left to bridge the gap when those in the right refuse to come forward. It doesn't make sense. I'm glad the senator shut her down when she tried to talk about unity. I really hate they talking point.

So it took less than 48 hrs for Megan to do the whole why can't we all just get along thing.  Unless she has been blind deaf and dumb for the past umpteen years she has to know her tribe has been unwilling to work with the other side.  But now the other shoe is on the other foot she thinks it's time to work together.  Fuck her.

• Love 22

MeAgain with bullcrap slippery slope arguments. And jumping rails from a PRIVATE COMPANY legitimately denying publishing, to people not being served in restaurants.  What an idiot for that leap. 

He violated a morals clause in his contract as well, I bet. But they won't push it and I bet he will still keep his advance. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Cancel culture isn't real. No one who has been canceled actually remained canceled. Plus, Meghan was okay with Colin Kaepernick being canceled so what's the difference? 

Meghan confuses choosing who to work with, where to spend your money and who to associate yourself with as cancel culture.  This is a free country and people are allowed to like or dislike anyone they want.  People are also free to be utter and complete assholes. But people are allowed to treat utter and complete assholes as such.  Meghan should learn the word consequences.

• Love 23
22 minutes ago, Tunia said:

I was reminded of Medusa with Sunny's hair - or, she went to a beauty school and had a free student practice session for an updo.   I just turned it on now, and was like "WTF"??  And, the messy fishtail braid extension on Meghan looks like she just grabbed it out of the Amazon delivery envelope and clipped it on five minutes before the show!  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2