Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of January 4, 2021

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I saw someone pass Meghan a note yesterday and today she definitely muttered “oh my gosh” under her breath when Joy was talking about what can possibly get done now. The lost her train of thought was probably Whoopi rightfully giving it to her for being so rude to the new senator and she couldn’t pull it back together lol. 

I don't think it was note - she got a text, she grabbed for her phone when Joy was saying "zero'" then camera came back to MM and she was replying, they quickly cut away from her.  

• Useful 2
34 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Gotta love it ... first, Pissy Missy was RUDE to Rev. Warnock & then she was trying to string too many whines together & "lost her train of thought" & couldn't continue!!  Bwahhahahaha!!!

Did she blame breast pumping brain?

• LOL 9
9 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Good Grief! Now they have to end with Brian, the Producer, apologizing for all the technical problems and he was yelling in ladies' ears about being short of time, etc.  Was he trying to cover up all the rancor we, the Audience, could feel today?!

I too am wondering why Brian came on air to take the hit.  I think MM was probably bitching about everyone being so mean to her and made Brian do something so it seemed like Whoopi wasn't yelling at her.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Good Grief! Now they have to end with Brian, the Producer, apologizing for all the technical problems and he was yelling in ladies' ears about being short of time, etc.  Was he trying to cover up all the rancor we, the Audience, could feel today?!

I'm sure Meghan insisted he do that.  But, my local station cut that off, so, in a way, their technical problems continued.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan was so rude to the reverend, I am so pissed off right now. What a horrible person and her dismissing pre-existing conditions of Georgians was very telling..

Her own post-eclampsia was due to a pre-existing condition (pregnancy); she's lucky she has good health insurance.  She says her party is the party of the 'nuclear family', bit it expects Moms to stay home raising the kids and does not support paid maternity leave.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meg looks pissed already.

Too bad she's still nursing or she could be British "pissed" (drunk). That would probably be less annoying.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, pianogirl73 said:

Did Meghan just say "oh god" in the background when Joy brought up her point about the children at the border getting some help now that the Democrats have the majority? I thought I heard it. 

I hope the bloggers and other media pick up on this and contrast it with her statement yesterday that her party is the family-centric party.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Warnock's face when Whoopi cut off MM's attempting to force him to answer her question was fantastic...LOL.   You could tell he thought MM was being as ridiculous as most of us did.   She could have at least picked a better question to insist he answer or phrased it better.  She asked about "court packing" but didn't really say which court (supreme court, federal courts?) or cite any specific plan or context.   There was no good way to thoughtfully answer that question yes/no as she so desperately demanded    

That question and the segment that followed where she couldn't even form her thoughts (that she had notes on) show how much she sucks at this job.   

Love Ken Jeong.  At least he was able to get MM to smile.   It would serve her well if she could incorporate more of that part of her personality in her "political" interviews.   

• Love 14

Today just proved that Her Twatness didn't watch this show while she was out on maternity leave.

After being filleted by Whoopi, she comes back, trying to act like she's the expert, to "provide context" to Loeffler's background. Not needed. The show had already discussed how she was appointed; that she and Perdue tried to profit during the pandemic. Then just flubbered and gibbered.

What is it with her, and to a lesser extent, Sara, constantly blinking when talking? Is it the mascara? What?

But I did love Whoopi's WTF face when she shut Meghan down.

Loved Mocha! And how licking and attempting to "eat" the microphone, caused the sound to go out!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Their rival, 'The Talk' is in it's 11th season. They're barely hanging on with the cancellation ax swinging over their heads, as they've fallen to last place in the daytime network ratings for this season. By the time they've returned for mid-season, they lost two hosts in the first half of their current (11th) season and had a big welcome to their two new hosts when the show returned on January 4 - which the media completely ignored, since all eyes were on Meghan's return.

I'd say The Talk isn't The View's rival anymore!

When The Talk started it was, but not now. The shows are completely different.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Joy, herself, has said that her recipe is not all that.

I make an incredible lasagne and it has many more ingredients and spices and takes a long time to prepare. Joy's recipe is basic. What this tells us is that none of these women can cook, if they think her lasagne is so fantastic (when even Joy doesn't think it is!).

Yes she seems to downplay it when it comes up--at some point it's probably a bit embarrassing.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

#TheView is trending on Twitter because of Meghan this morning and omgggg they’re ripping her a new one. 😂😂😂

She will use that to further her image as the poor put upon Meghan who is disliked because she is a Republican.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

OK, everyone - let's take a step or two back and take a look at this from a producer's perspective. Or even a potential advertiser's perspective, who's ready to sign a multi-million dollar package with one of the daytime talk shows.

'The View', in it's 24th season, is at the top of their game. They've won Emmys this past fall, and they are the #1 daytime network show. A helluva achievement for a show that's been around for 24 seasons! They welcome Meghan back as mid-season kicks off on January 4, and she does what she's known to do - and the media goes wild. All eyes are on 'The View', and within two days they get millions of dollars in free publicity, across all media platforms and social sites.

Their rival, 'The Talk' is in it's 11th season. They're barely hanging on with the cancellation ax swinging over their heads, as they've fallen to last place in the daytime network ratings for this season. By the time they've returned for mid-season, they lost two hosts in the first half of their current (11th) season and had a big welcome to their two new hosts when the show returned on January 4 - which the media completely ignored, since all eyes were on Meghan's return.

'The Talk' hosts are giving each other air kisses, while showing off their 'new cosmetic surgery' they had for the holidays and talking about the Kardashians. No one's watching.

'The View' hosts are arguing with each other while discussing what's actually happening 'in the moment', which is the great historical divide in our country. All eyeballs are on them.

Which producers do you think are treading on thin ice?  Which show do you think is attracting new advertisers this week ?

Unhappily I have to say you have a very valid point--and I'm afraid you're absolutely correct.  Not sure that we can counter this thought process for the network brass.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Warnock's face when Whoopi cut off MM's attempting to force him to answer her question was fantastic...LOL.   You could tell he thought MM was being as ridiculous as most of us did.   She could have at least picked a better question to insist he answer or phrased it better.  She asked about "court packing" but didn't really say which court (supreme court, federal courts?) or cite any specific plan or context.   There was no good way to thoughtfully answer that question yes/no as she so desperately demanded    

That question and the segment that followed where she couldn't even form her thoughts (that she had notes on) show how much she sucks at this job.   

Love Ken Jeong.  At least he was able to get MM to smile.   It would serve her well if she could incorporate more of that part of her personality in her "political" interviews.   

What pissed me off about Megan's interactions with the Reverend was that he has not had time to take in his enormous victory and here comes Megan asking him these questions that he has yet to ponder.  Let him have his moment in the sun, damn!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Almost sorry I missed that!  If Whoopi would just keep shutting her down I might be tempted to tune in again.  What has bothered me up to now is the feeling I have of her (MM) being treated with kid gloves when she absolutely does not deserve that.  

Yes that would definitely help me with watching the show--if everyone treated her like she is, a spoiled kid who doesn't really know what she's doing/talking about--it would be easier.  Treating her like she's the queen and can't be called out is what makes it unbearable.  If they want fireworks--then do this!

• Love 18
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

It is her natural look when her team has lost.

How many times did she tell Joy and company to get over it when her team was running the show.  This is part of life, you win some and you lose some.. Every dog has it's day..

• Love 16
Just now, OnTime said:

It is her natural look when her team has lost.

That is it in a nutshell. Meghan lost.  That is all she cares about. She doesn't care that maybe positive things can be done in Congress. She doesn't care that maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Her saying oh God when the topic of the children at the border was brought up shows Meghan does not care one iota about anything that doesn't somehow benefit/affect her.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

She and her tribe are so caught up with the possibility of court packing because that's  exactly what they've done for the past 4 years and they know what that means.  I just can't with her false cries of (potential) foul when her tribe has done it and done it worse.  If you're a good analyst you can actually admit that your side has perhaps done some things wrong as well but she will never do that.

• Love 14

I'm not so sure Whoopi chose to conclude MeAgain's interrogation.  The View probably only got 2 minutes with the Senator, who is appearing on hundreds of shows today, and the View's time was up. MM wasted half the View's time asking the same question 3 times and it was not a question at the top of peoples' priority lists.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

Meghan is just clueless about why people don't like her.  She thinks it's because she is the lone Republican on the panel not because she is rude as f**k.  If only she had an example of what a Republican could be that wasn't rude, combative and condescending?  Oh, I don't know, maybe her father?!

Yes.  You'd think she would wonder why they all love Ana and not her--maybe be a bit introspective but that's too much to ask of her.  She's pretty superficial.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Yes it is possible for the View to not be the daytime version of the  Real Housewives and still be entertaining. 

Anyone remember Dinah Shore? Or Mike Douglas? or Dick Cavett? Maybe I'm ancient, but there used to be a way to air talk shows that didn't use nasty, mentally unhinged individuals to generate ratings.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 18

Whoopi was really pissed at the way MeAgain treated the Reverend. In spite of bungling the intro to Warnock, it was evident that Whoopi was feeling this was an incredibly important and historical moment, and that is where she lead the discussion. MeAgain tried to do the gotcha question which he skillfully answered and MeAgain decided to interrupt him twice to tell him that he was not answering her question. Whoopi did not appreciate that and probably was disgusted at MeAgain's unprofessionalism.

Then MeAgain tried to school us about Georgia politics. She went into an endless rant about Loeffler, and I assume the point she was trying to get to was that Warnock only won because Loeffler was so bad. Which would have been another dis of Warnock. MeAgain is lucky she abandoned ship on that. But she also looked like a complete idiot. "I am distracted, I lost my train of thought, please go to another host." 

The thing with Brian at the end where he tried to explain that there was no drama, that it was his fault, was a pathetic attempt to coddle her twatness.

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, bannana said:

Whoopi was really pissed at the way MeAgain treated the Reverend. In spite of bungling the intro to Warnock, it was evident that Whoopi was feeling this was an incredibly important and historical moment, and that is where she lead the discussion. MeAgain tried to do the gotcha question which he skillfully answered and MeAgain decided to interrupt him twice to tell him that he was not answering her question. Whoopi did not appreciate that and probably was disgusted at MeAgain's unprofessionalism.

Then MeAgain tried to school us about Georgia politics. She went into an endless rant about Loeffler, and I assume the point she was trying to get to was that Warnock only won because Loeffler was so bad. Which would have been another dis of Warnock. MeAgain is lucky she abandoned ship on that. But she also looked like a complete idiot. "I am distracted, I lost my train of thought, please go to another host." 

The thing with Brian at the end where he tried to explain that there was no drama, that it was his fault, was a pathetic attempt to coddle her twatness.

Yeah what Meghan did was really annoying but not surprising. I don't care so much what folks' politics are, but I find it offensive when some people can't even appreciate history. I'm referring to the ones who say so and so wasn't legit, this person wasn't born here, only won because he's black, that lady slept her way to the top. Can't they see how much certain people being elected means to those who appreciate history, like to see diversity, and especially those who are of the communities finally being represented? I'm not saying you have to share the same politics or can't critique. But try to some appreciation for the historical moments before going for the gotcha questions. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Meghan’s pissed off face right now

She looked like she had been crying. Of course it will be due to postpartum hormones and grief .  For those who are not aware, Meghan has had a baby and her father passed away.  

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Anyone remember Dinah Shore? Or Mike Douglas? or Dick Cavett? Maybe I'm ancient, but there used to be a way to air talk shows that didn't use nasty, mentally unhinged individuals to generate ratings.

Those shows can't be compared to 'The View' at all. If anything, you can compare those shows to 'Ellen' - where there's one host and celebrity guests for the hour.

What Walters created back in 1997 was something different - she wanted a talk show made up of a panel of five (one moderator) to air their different 'views' on topics of the day. It was missing from the media, and she wanted to bring this concept to life. The success of this show has spawned off numerous copycats in the past 24 years, and the only ones still standing are 'The Talk', 'The Real', 'Outnumbered', and the British show 'Loose Women'.

The friction which McCain brings to the table this week - whether you like it or not - is a ratings bonanza for ABC. This is music to the advertiser's ears. The show has grown over the past 24 seasons, giving the audience what they want. 'The Talk' has stayed stagnant and stale - and they're suffering for that reason.

2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Unhappily I have to say you have a very valid point--and I'm afraid you're absolutely correct.  Not sure that we can counter this thought process for the network brass.

As a former business owner, I probably look at these situations different from others. I look at the whole picture from a bird's eye view, and look for the end game, which is $$$ in any business. Always follow the money - and I guarantee you ABC and their advertisers can't be any happier than they are this week.

• Love 5

That is it in a nutshell. Meghan lost.  That is all she cares about. She doesn't care that maybe positive things can be done in Congress. She doesn't care that maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Her saying oh God when the topic of the children at the border was brought up shows Meghan does not care one iota about anything that doesn't somehow benefit/affect her.  

I was so disgusted by this. I'm not shocked motherhood has not soften Meghan one bit. She's a prime example of why it's a pet peeve of mine anyone who has kids is often considered more compassionate, nurturing, etc. 

• Love 13
20 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Rumor has it that Hillary chose Spanish because Alec was on record about being obsessed with a Hispanic actres

My understanding is that Hilary was having dinner with a group of friends from Argentina at a trendy restaurant.  The table was speaking Spanish.  Alec approached Hilary and introduced himself, she identified herself as Hilaria from Spain.  Probably thinking she would appear more exotic/unique(?) .  I just wonder if/when Alec found out the truth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So I guess all the "soft maternal" attitude was used up on Monday?  It sounds as if she is back to her "old" self.  😞 

The show was pre-empted here due to Congress validating the electoral votes.  How will MM react tomorrow regarding behavior of her "tribe" today?

• Love 8

Her saying oh God when the topic of the children at the border was brought up shows Meghan does not care one iota about anything that doesn't somehow benefit/affect her.  

35 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I was so disgusted by this. I'm not shocked motherhood has not soften Meghan one bit. She's a prime example of why it's a pet peeve of mine anyone who has kids is often considered more compassionate, nurturing, etc. 

Elisabeth Hasselbeck:  But ...  what about The Children????

Meghan McCain:  Children?  Who gives a fuck about the children?  (Unless it's my own.  🗽)

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The success of this show has spawned off numerous copycats in the past 24 years, and the only ones still standing are 'The Talk', 'The Real', 'Outnumbered', and the British show 'Loose Women'.

And in Canada, The Social 

The Social

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I told you so! Didn’t I tell you so?!

Why no, I’m not gloating. I just know from watching her and what she says that spawning a spawn wouldn’t change her a bit. She’s a nasty bit of goods.

That bit with Brian was totally for her benefit and I’m glad it cut off while he was yapping and his mask falling off his nose.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Elisabeth Hasselbeck:  But ...  what about The Children????

Meghan McCain:  Children?  Who gives a fuck about the children?  (Unless it's my own.  🗽)

From what I remember, Elisabeth was a twit who only cared about stuff that directly affected her, much like Nutmeg. I'd go into why but it would be OT. 

Nutmeg was traumatized hearing about BJ's in middle school. Imagine being a small child and separated from your parents! 

23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I told you so! Didn’t I tell you so?!

Why no, I’m not gloating. I just know from watching her and what she says that spawning a spawn wouldn’t change her a bit. She’s a nasty bit of goods.

That bit with Brian was totally for her benefit and I’m glad it cut off while he was yapping and his mask falling off his nose.

LOL! Yeah spawning rarely changes anyone. I've known some people who get even worse, because they no matter how much they love their kids, they're more stressed out. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It didn't cut off here, and Whoopi ended it by saying: Good show, guys! 

star trek lol GIF

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

From what I remember, Elisabeth was a twit who only cared about stuff that directly affected her, much like Nutmeg. I'd go into why but it would be OT. 

Yeah, yeah, I know.  It was a stretch but don't over analyze it or you just kill my bad joke. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2