Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
LetsStartTalking

The View: Week of January 4, 2021

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yeah, yeah, I know.  It was a stretch but don't over analyze it or you just kill my bad joke. 

lol sorry! I appreciated it. 🙂

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

 

Elisabeth Hasselbeck:  But ...  what about The Children????

Meghan McCain:  Children?  Who gives a fuck about the children?  (Unless it's my own.  🗽)

 

I thought Bitsy said "What about the parents?"  I can't remember.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

I thought Bitsy said "What about the parents?"  I can't remember.

I think that was her separate cry of "Where are the parents??"  I dunno, we've already established that it was a really bad joke and not my best work. 

Tough crowd tonight, ladies!  Lol!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, falltime said:

At the end about 11:20 ish

 Thank you. Even when she's at home, the dour one keeps looking at something or someone else to her side. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mongoose said:

 Thank you. Even when she's at home, the dour one keeps looking at something or someone else to her side. 

Her furtive glances from side to side make her look like she has been taken hostage.  However the up and down movements of her glitter-bombed eyelids are even more distracting.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, catlover79 said:

What's the over/under that MM opts out of tomorrow's show rather than discuss what happened in DC today? 🤔

I got five on it! She got roasted all week. Now this happens. She has a pattern of calling in sick when held to the fire. I'd be absolutely shocked if she appears on the panel tomorrow.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Her furtive glances from side to side make her look like she has been taken hostage.  However the up and down movements of her glitter-bombed eyelids are even more distracting.

Maybe she's been taken hostage and is blinking "HELP" in Morse code? Happens in sitcoms all the time.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, leftlane said:

I got five on it! She got roasted all week. Now this happens. She has a pattern of calling in sick when held to the fire. I'd be absolutely shocked if she appears on the panel tomorrow.

Anchors on the network Meghan proudly used to work for often go on random "preplanned" vacations when they're in the middle of poo. Maybe Meghan often pretending she has the day off or is sick is her little way of trying to keep conservative news personality tradition! I'm curious if she shows tomorrow too. 

3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Her furtive glances from side to side make her look like she has been taken hostage.  However the up and down movements of her glitter-bombed eyelids are even more distracting.

Those glances remind me of old people trying to figure out Zoom or something, not knowing where to look. I remember Meghan's makeup being more pretty and understated in the past. The last year she started doing more clubby looks on the show for some reason, like she's going to a NYE party. I appreciate both natural beauty and glamorous makeup, just find it interesting she's gotten extra all of a sudden, especially when she fancies herself a serious pundit who's one of two conservatives on TV, not a regular talk show host. At first I thought maybe she felt insecure pregnant or with Sara returning so she decided to do more with her her and makeup. Maybe simply she's again trying to keep tradition of the conservative news woman look being a little sexed up? lol

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, leftlane said:

I got five on it! She got roasted all week. Now this happens. She has a pattern of calling in sick when held to the fire. I'd be absolutely shocked if she appears on the panel tomorrow.

Oh, she'll be there, in all her faux patriotic 'Merican glory, full of righteousness and indignation.

Quote

Thursday, Jan. 7 - Lil Nas X (author, "C is for Country"); Ralph Macchio and William Zabka ("Cobra Kai")

But will they?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think meghan will do her meghan-thing, where she chimes in with rapid-fire speech, and finds a way to circle around and blame recent events on democrats not listening to trump supporters. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I think meghan will do her meghan-thing, where she chimes in with rapid-fire speech, and finds a way to circle around and blame recent events on democrats not listening to trump supporters. 

Didn't she just a couple days ago say everything was going to be calm in DC and people were being apprehensive for nothing?

  • Like 12
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

My understanding is that Hilary was having dinner with a group of friends from Argentina at a trendy restaurant.  The table was speaking Spanish.  Alec approached Hilary and introduced himself, she identified herself as Hilaria from Spain.  Probably thinking she would appear more exotic/unique(?) .  I just wonder if/when Alec found out the truth.

 

the bolded is the only thing I care about in the Hillaria/Hillary story.  When did Alec find out and if its now, what he saying.? Unpopular opinion, but I like Alec.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

 Unpopular opinion, but I like Alec.

I don't mind Alec.  I think he is a good actor and IMO he has been less prone to flying off the handle as he has gotten older.  Who knows? Maybe it was his wife's influence that has calmed him down.  

Did his wife screw up? Yes.  Is it a national tragedy?  No.  There are so many other more important stories to be talked about now.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Didn't she just a couple days ago say everything was going to be calm in DC and people were being apprehensive for nothing?

Yep. On Monday I think. Rolled her eyes and basically said everyone was over-exaggerating. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Yep. On Monday I think. Rolled her eyes and basically said everyone was over-exaggerating. 

She said "there was no coup attempt" that it was just him being him, ranting.

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

And she insisted Dems need to be kinder to and more understanding of trump supporters.  Bless their hearts.

Wow, Meg calling for the 25th?  That’s surprising. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 15
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Okay Meghan, calm down. I get that you're emotional about what happened and it's nice to call out Trump (though, you should also condemn everyone who enabled him or dismissed his supporters as good people) but let's be real, you're not a patriot. Come on now, don't just throw that out there and think it's okay.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Yay for Whoopi & Joy!  Their opening comments were on point & on-fire.  Megan just annoyed me with her 'outrage", she is a phoney.  

Quote

 

 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow, Meg calling for the 25th?  That’s surprising. 

 Sort of.  This is in line with Lindsay Graham last night and some of Trump's administration resigning in the past few hours; everyone knows Trump is not a good president, but are too chicken to actually say it for fear of payback until it affects them directly.   Some see it as "finally seeing the light."  Others will see this as "too little, too late." And in Meghan's case, "the party your dad represented is in name only now. Accept it."  It took people storming the Capitol and putting lives at risk for others to admit it publicly.

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow, Meg calling for the 25th?  That’s surprising. 

Not really. I expected this from her, as well as pivoting. More after I watch.

5 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Okay Meghan, calm down. I get that you're emotional about what happened and it's nice to call out Trump (though, you should also condemn everyone who enabled him or dismissed his supporters as good people) but let's be real, you're not a patriot. Come on now, don't just throw that out there and think it's okay.

This is also expected, because she wants to ensure that people don't lump her in with the "protestors".

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

 Sort of.  This is in line with Lindsay Graham last night and some of Trump's administration resigning in the past few hours; everyone knows Trump is not a good president, but are too chicken to actually say it for fear of payback until it affects them directly.   Some see it as "finally seeing the light."  Others will see this as "too little, too late." And in Meghan's case, "the party your dad represented is in name only now. Accept it."  It took people storming the Capitol and putting lives at risk for others to admit it publicly.

 

Just like she didn't care about mat leave until it happened to her, she didn't care about Trump supporters and defended them until this happened.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And she insisted Dems need to be kinder to and more understanding of trump supporters.  Bless their hearts.

Wow, Meg calling for the 25th?  That’s surprising. 

It's performance art, but not very artful. Just like the phonies in Congress pretending now to be concerned. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, harrisonjames said:

Please, tell me their is a video available of Whoopi shutting Megan down. 

There are a number of sites which posted this yesterday within an hour after it happened. Just Google it (Meghan McCain Warnock) and they all should come flooding across your screen. LOL! As I mentioned yesterday, second day in a row she got the show a ton of free media advertising they could never afford to buy.

ABC should give her a percentage of the new advertisers coming on board and paying a premium to advertise on the show.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I like Martha, and she's largely right, but was very wrong about one point: the "who could have seen this coming" statement she made.  She just tossed it out at the start, only later to bemoan the lack of law enforcement presence.  You can't believe both things.  I saw it coming, and I'm just some moron on the Internet. So what's their excuse? 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

I changed the channel when Megan was giving her speech, I just cannot take her right now.  

Whoopie and Joy were amazing.  

Sunny was awesome as well and we all know if it was a bunch of Black men storming the capital, things would have been so much different. Bodies would have been littering the streets of D.C.

  • Like 21
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I like Martha, and she's largely right, but was very wrong about one point: the "who could have seen this coming" statement she made.  She just tossed it out at the start, only later to bemoan the lack of law enforcement presence.  You can't believe both things.  I saw it coming, and I'm just some moron on the Internet. So what's their excuse? 

Exactly.  This wasn't my election (I'm Canadian) but those seeds have been planted months ago that if Trump were to lose, it was because it was 'rigged.'  This rally was planned for a while ago.  No one thought to have extra security or police on stand by?  

At least Martha looks slightly better now and I hope she got to rest.  Last night at the end of the live coverage on ABC just before 11 pm, you can tell she was RATTLED by the day's events.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Impeachment. 25th Amendment.

They won't happen. People supposedly discussing this is a smokescreen.  They don't have the guts. Or the moral certainty.  Trump would likely fire anyone, the tiny number, of Cabinet members considering the first, and Impeachment and then Senate conviction, would struggle to get even a single Republican vote. 

The media even reporting the possibility is irresponsible, IMO. They're just unintentionally giving cover to the illusion something might be done. This show isn't better than any other outlet with this. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I changed the channel when Megan was giving her speech, I just cannot take her right now.  

Whoopie and Joy were amazing.  

Sunny was awesome as well and we all know if it was a bunch of Black men storming the capital, things would have been so much different. Bodies would have been littering the streets of D.C.

Yep. My dad called me yesterday and we were having the same conversation.

We’d be shot on sight just for the simple fact that we’re not white if we did even half of the stuff they were doing at the Capitol. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Like 12
  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Yep. My dad called me yesterday and we were having the same conversation.

We’d be shot on sight just for the simple fact that we’re not white if we did even half of the stuff they were doing at the Capitol. 

Worse, a lot of these people were ARMED. Armed and nothing happens to stop them, whereas unarmed black people?  We all know what would happen. They carried weapons into Congress. And seemingly the only ones seriously confronted were the ones in a single hallway the Capitol Police needed as an evacuation zone. I actually hope the show talks about the woman shot. I'm already seeing her held up as some kind of martyr in certain places. Live up to the show name here, people, and discuss this up front. 

Edit - Ugh, Joy let me down, asking that STUPID 25th Amendment question instead. When we ALL know it's a waste of time. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

can someone enlighten me......does MeAgain has the authority to "call" on this and "call" on that?  To me, it seems that a talk show host doesn't have the power to "call" on anything.  I get its a me problem but it drives me crazy when she "calls" on shit.  (sorry,  its been a rough 24 and I needed a vent)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

4 days late and many dollars short, but did anyone else note MM saying "pull the trigger for Biden" on Monday's show?

  • Like 7
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Kromm said:

It's performance art, but not very artful. Just like the phonies in Congress pretending now to be concerned. 

This will become the “I was with him before I was against him” dialogue for years to come. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, pachebo said:

4 days late and many dollars short, but did anyone else note MM saying "pull the trigger for Biden" on Monday's show?

I heard her say it. Girl got guns on the brain.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I changed the channel when Megan was giving her speech, I just cannot take her right now.  

Whoopie and Joy were amazing.  

Sunny was awesome as well and we all know if it was a bunch of Black men storming the capital, things would have been so much different. Bodies would have been littering the streets of D.C.

We saw what happened when people who look like us protest. BLM was attacked non stopped, brutally. Instead we have white people who are armed being treated with kid's gloves. I'm glad Sunny brought this up...even though Meghan interrupted her twice, but I'm glad this was brought up.

Even as a Muslim, if my people were near there it would immediately be labelled as a terrorist plot. White people get away with way too much and it needs to be addressed.

  • Like 21
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

BLM was attacked non stopped, brutally. Instead we have white people who are armed being treated with kid's gloves.

This is what enraged me and made me cry.  Ugly cry...watching white men carrying the flag sitting on Nancy Pelosi’s desk, taking selfies...it was heart wrenching. that visual felt like such an assault on another woman, it was mocking her lifelong work, I want someone to do DNA testing in that room.  I would not be surprised if he urinated there in order to mark his assault.And Methinkmenot ,I  doubt anything will come of this.  It will be a badge of honor for him, he’ll run for office soon.

  • Like 12
  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

This is what enraged me and made me cry.  Ugly cry...watching white men carrying the flag sitting on Nancy Pelosi’s desk, taking selfies...it was heart wrenching. that visual felt like such an assault on another woman, it was mocking her lifelong work, I want someone to do DNA testing in that room.  I would not be surprised if he urinated there in order to mark his assault.And Methinkmenot ,I  doubt anything will come of this.  It will be a badge of honor for him, he’ll run for office soon.

Congress people have found urine in their offices..  These are the same people who were appalled at people taking a knee to protest racial injustice.  Look at what they did to our capitol...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 16
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Axie said:

I would prefer to hear nothing from Meghan today.  I don’t care what she has to say about anything.  Next week she’ll be back to singing the praises of her Uncle Lindsey.

Yep!  And wasn't she just singing the praises of Josh Hawley on Monday?

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

We saw what happened when people who look like us protest. BLM was attacked non stopped, brutally. Instead we have white people who are armed being treated with kid's gloves. I'm glad Sunny brought this up...even though Meghan interrupted her twice, but I'm glad this was brought up.

Even as a Muslim, if my people were near there it would immediately be labelled as a terrorist plot. White people get away with way too much and it needs to be addressed.

Yes, it needs to be repeated again and again as Sunny tried to do.  Amidst all of the chaos of yesterday I have to say that this is really what stood out to me.  The fact that these people, some of them armed, could waltz along, be treated nicely, take selfies with the police, etc and nothing much is happening to them.  Someone on CNN pointed this out as well noting that if this had been BLM marchers or Muslims or another minority group, there would have been bloodshed for the get go.  Just the photo of the preparation that the feds made for the BLM march in DC--all of the swat geared police standing in several rows at the Lincoln Memorial--compared to the lack of preparation yesterday was mind boggling.  There should be a lot of questions for the Capitol Police and plenty of people fired.  The "joke" I read on Reddit (then mentioned on CNN or MSNBC last night as well) was that they were slow to respond because they had to change back into their uniforms.  A bit of truth in that statement.  These were domestic terrorists--and given the fact that the FBI and others have noted that the biggest threats right now are the right wing groups, everyone should have been calling them that.  We saw it here in Seattle during the summer with the police who repeatedly tried to antagonize the marchers just hoping for a reaction that they could then use as an excuse to use tear gas, etc.  In one instance a white kid tried to ram through the group, he was armed and when he left his car, he walked towards the police, again clearly armed, and they just let him walk up to them and I think one cop offered him something go drink.  Had he been a POC, he'd have been dead when he left the car.  It's all disgusting.  (and I'm an old white lady)  [hopefully this isn't considered too off topic, if it is, please forgive me]

  • Like 18
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan ranted on and on.  She said it was the last thing she was going to say this morning.  Then she immediately interrupted Sunny.  She couldn't stay quiet for even a few minutes.  

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

These were domestic terrorists--and given the fact that the FBI and others have noted that the biggest threats right now are the right wing groups, everyone should have been calling them that.

Watching yesterday I was more unnerved than on 9/11.  As one of my best friends said the call is coming from inside the house.  

We will see if Meghan tones down her rhetoric once Biden takes office.  ABC needs to be responsible and not let this show allow any disinformation be distributed.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

When JFK was assassinated it wasn't a federal crime to kill a president, therefore it was just another murder in Texas. Hence the violent encounter inside Parkland Hospital with TX officials trying to hang onto the body and the Secret Service trying to highjack it. 

A federal law was passed soon after and the same thing should be done re demonstrations to ensure equal enforcement under federal law, because unequal treatment violates civil rights.

Black or Brown or Muslim bodies would have been stacked like cords of firewood yesterday. Oof.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I just rolled my eyes at Meg’s rant. If it had been anyone saying it, I would have agreed with every word they said. But after all her whataboutisms and mollycoddling of the supporters up until now, it just rang false.

Love Sunny bringing up the poor old guy that was beat up at BLM protest compared to the elderly Trump supporter being gently escorted down the steps. Disgusting.

Seriously! I just watched it on my lunch break. Tone down the outrage, Twatty. It was just on Monday she was saying there is no coup attempt; to stop the "rhetoric"; that Trump was just "being Trump" and it would go away. So now she talks about him, calling him a "Mad King" as if this was her stance all along? Just shut your trap about you being a patriot. Whoopi should have cut in earlier. I could hear her try to stop her, but Gurrl was on a roll.

This show, and Sunny specifically, are not the first to talk about the stark differences in the lack of police presence, the treating the white terrorists (because that's what they are) with kids' gloves vs. the many, many peaceful protests from last summer and the past four years. Van Jones talked about it, as well as other media outlets, and those POC on social media.

I can't believe Martha said that they didn't see this coming or that this could happen. Where has she been the past four years? Was she in a coma when Charlottesville happened? And still with the justification that the Capitol Police were "overwhelmed." My ass. They had the means, if not the manpower, to not become overwhelmed.

26 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

This is what enraged me and made me cry.  Ugly cry...watching white men carrying the flag sitting on Nancy Pelosi’s desk, taking selfies...it was heart wrenching. that visual felt like such an assault on another woman, it was mocking her lifelong work, I want someone to do DNA testing in that room.  I would not be surprised if he urinated there in order to mark his assault.And Methinkmenot ,I  doubt anything will come of this.  It will be a badge of honor for him, he’ll run for office soon.

They know who this guy is. He wasn't hiding what he was doing.

8 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Meghan ranted on and on.  She said it was the last thing she was going to say this morning.  Then she immediately interrupted Sunny.  She couldn't stay quiet for even a few minutes.  

And I yelled for her to STFU, and that it wasn't her time to talk! She already had her time, and she spoke the longest. Again. She's trying to come off as some tough whatever, asking Martha and Senator Klobuchar questions that were already answered--like why there wasn't enough police presence and why there wasn't more security.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can't believe Martha said that they didn't see this coming or that this could happen. Where has she been the past four years?

Her and Meghan can discuss their disbelief and let the rest of us discuss how do we move on from here.  

5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sarah brought up  the storming of Michigan by armed militias  and the plot to kill and kidnap it's governor as being a trial run  for what happened yesterday so it should have been expected..

Sara has made a lot of sense this week.

10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They know who this guy is. He wasn't hiding what he was doing.

If law enforcement doesn't take care of him I hope he is at the very least identified and he is publicly shamed.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size