Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of January 4, 2021

• Start Topic

Eh.  I'm glad Meghan is back.  I certainly don't agree with a lot she says.  But she brings the fire.  She lends conflict.  She has a different "view".  She's why I tune-in.  The show has been borrrrringggg while she was away. 

I don't honestly believe Joy didn't miss her.  And to that, I think it was a sh*tty thing to say, even if it was in half-jest or not.   Joy - who I typically agree with and enjoy - has a knack for over-talking and talking down to people, too.  She and Meghan often deserve each other.  Having said THAT, shut up Meghan ... you interrupt people all the time. 

I'm glad the show is back, Lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

WOW! What a pair of lungs on MeAgain. How can she ramble on so fast without catching  a breath ?

So glad Joy snapped at MeAgain, and completely threw her off the train track for the rest of the show. She was truly insulted by Joy's response, and now she wants to grab her crayons and go home. Welcome back, MeAgain ! I'd love to know what went on with those five during the commercial break.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

Go Joy! Megan is the last person to call anybody rude... She did look stunned and hurt by Joy's brutal honesty.  

Nutmeg pouted and had to derail the conversation by being cold to Sara and refusing to answer her direct question.  Whoopie looked frustrated and tried to cajole Nutmeg to answer Sara's question to no avail..

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

What was behind Sanjay Gupta? I thought it was a spiral staircase, but it looked like a complete enclosed circle made of an iron railing and banister (and cut very close to the fireplace on the left). Was it some kind of  playpen ?

Also, I've been watching him for years since he's started on CNN. I have to say, he's not aging well at all - looks much older than 51. His face is very drawn, which makes his nose and mouth look big for his narrow face. He used to be so nice looking in his 30s and early 40S.

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I sooo don't care about Hilaria Baldwin.  I don't know if it's that serious, Sunny.  I mean, who is she besides Alec Baldwin's wife?  Maybe I'm missing something.  Meghan is back and already is back to monopolizing the show.

With all do respect, you are missing something.  No shade whatsoever.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I wonder if Joy's New Year's resolution was to not hold back against Meghan anymore.  

We should have seen this coming though because both Joy and Sara did not look happy to have her back yesterday.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

The headlines from this are making me laugh. I have a feeling Joy tapped into most viewers' feelings. Maybe #IDidNotMissYou will trend on Twitter later, lol. I'll never get over that disgusted look on Joy's face when McCain asked if she missed her like some creepy stalker would say to their victim.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 8
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Liberty is an odd name for MM to choose

I'm convinced she picked it so that she could use this 🗽 emoji.  The American flag emoji was too on-the-nose so this was her next best choice.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)

DAMN! Didn't take long for the Meghan / Joy blowup to make headlines:

https://www.rawstory.com/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joy-behar-mocks-meghan-mccain-on-the-view-says-i-did-not-miss-you

https://deadline.com/2021/01/joy-behar-meghan-mccain-the-view-i-did-not-miss-you-zero-1234664964/

I was wishing for less Sanjay (who was boring, quite simply) and more blow-ups from Meghan and Joy.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
Just now, Triviatrish2 said:

who thinks we won’t be seeing MM, tomorrow?  She will need a day to recover from Rude Joy.  I think she teared up, after the blow up.  But, she needs to learn boundaries.

Too late for that in my opinion.  If she respected people then she would have boundaries.  

• Love 24
18 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I wonder if Joy's New Year's resolution was to not hold back against Meghan anymore.  

I noticed Joy’s new attitude and maybe she was waiting to see if Trump lost. I remember Meghan was going to rub it in her face if she didn’t “heed her warnings” if Trump won and Joy has been a wreck over him. Now that he’s lost, she doesn’t have to be afraid of Meghan saying I told you so, forever and be all smug. Joy seems like she’s had a giant relief of her nerves after 4 years and now she’s not going to suffer Meghan easily. Jmo 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 23
21 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

This reaction by Sunny and others is much ado about nothing. If she said she was from Canada, Italy, Germany - I doubt very much there would be such backlash towards her. It's ridiculous.

It is very different because unfortunately, many looked at this as a race issue.  Latino and Hispanic is not a race.  It’s lack of information and education on the side of many.  Whoever exposed her, a high school acquaintance, and called her “a white girl” was correct. Duh!

My maternal grandmother was born and raised in Spain she was white as were all of her ancestors . She immigrated to Argentina in the 1920’s she married my MG also full Spanish. I’m half Spanish, I use the term Hispanic.  My paternal grandparents immigrated to Argentina from Northern Italy to Argentina.  Also white.  So both my parents were born in Argentina as was I.  We immigrated to the US in the 60’s.  Our experience as Immigrants in the US was very different from others, because we are white.  So if I, sibling and parents included, were to call ourselves “people of color, brown people, etc” it would be appropriating ‘benefits’ that are not ours to take.

An issue that continues to need better understanding/knowledge/education is the differences among: Race,Nationality, Ethnicity, culture and Religion.

Sorry I went too long.

• Useful 6
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

who thinks we won’t be seeing MM, tomorrow?  She will need a day to recover from Rude Joy.  I think she teared up, after the blow up.  But, she needs to learn boundaries.

I agree.  I thought she looked like she had been crying in the last segment.  Life is so hard!

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

So much to unpack today.... I'll start with a positive.... I kinda liked MM's hair.   Her natural hair is fine and limp, so I appreciate it when she takes some risks, even the ones that fail.

The rest.   When MM says we have one faction of the republican party like Romney and Cotton that believes in the Constitution and Electoral College vs the other faction led by Cruz and Hawley that are pro Trump,  it sounds like she's equating the 2 like they are 2 valid and equal points of view....   She needs to pick a side of what type of conservative she is.   

Before the Joy #Ididnotmissyou, MM was pretty much being a brat vs friendly teasing with the 'I know you missed fighting with me'...   So her pouting about Joy being mean, and refusing the answer Sarah's softball question to her just made things worse.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

It is very different because unfortunately, many looked at this as a race issue.  Latino and Hispanic is not a race.  It’s lack of information and education on the side of many.  Whoever exposed her, a high school acquaintance, and called her “a white girl” was correct. Duh!

My maternal grandmother was born and raised in Spain she was white as were all of her ancestors . She immigrated to Argentina in the 1920’s she married my MG also full Spanish. I’m half Spanish, I use the term Hispanic.  My paternal grandparents immigrated to Argentina from Northern Italy to Argentina.  Also white.  So both my parents were born in Argentina as was I.  We immigrated to the US in the 60’s.  Our experience as Immigrants in the US was very different from others, because we are white.  So if I, sibling and parents included, were to call ourselves “people of color, brown people, etc” it would be appropriating ‘benefits’ that are not ours to take.

An issue that continues to need better understanding/knowledge/education is the differences among: Race,Nationality, Ethnicity, culture and Religion.

Sorry I went too long.

Not at all, your post is very informative and thank you for sharing your experiences with us..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

Yesterday I realized how much I miss Ana and Abby Huntsman.  The statement: "Conservatives, in particular, given that we’re the party of ‘family values’ and that everything about our ideology sort of stems from the nucleus of the family" uttered by McCain was a trigger for me.   It appears she had a come to the mountain experience from her pregnancy about family leave but her labeling her side as being the family centered party at this time in our country was inflammatory for so many reasons.  She is full on Elizabeth Hasselbeck these past two days.

• Love 22
On 1/4/2021 at 10:53 AM, LakeGal said:

Sunny and Meghan are so buddy buddy.  It is a bit strange.

Why is Meghan bringing a breast pump to work when she works at home?

Sunny is a black woman who worked her way to the top. She knows how to play the long game with whiny white women like Megun. Keep your enemies close and what not.

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, leftlane said:

Really Sarah? Whoopi throws a question to you and instead of directly answering, you throw it back to Megun who caused all the drama to begin with.

Exactly!  Sara just answer the question!!!  She needs a spine.

Why is she so afraid of Meghan?? Sara is thinking "oh, gosh I better let Meghan speak so she won't get upset"

• Love 13
6 hours ago, suomi said:

Hilary Baldwin is cray, and elevated catfishing to a new level by meeting and marrying her prey. She reaped a book deal from her marriage and speaking engagements and TV gigs, many in Spanish media outlets.

She is a Kim Kardashian-Rachel Dolezal-Octomom hybrid who claimed for years that she was born and raised in Mallorca (where Catalan is the primary language) and moved to NY when she was 19. The truth is that her parents moved to Mallorca 10 years ago when they retired, when she was 26.

She speaks Spanish only in the present tense, never the past or future tense. A dead giveaway.

I wish they had gone into more detail on the show because the reveal gets bigger by the day.

Thank for posting this. This issue is much bigger and more problematic than most of the women on the View panel and those in this forum are saying. White people using other people's cultures for personal and financial gain is gross and takes opportunities from real members of those communities and backgrounds when they already are at a huge disadvantage for not being white.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
55 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Liberty is an odd name for MM to choose - I mean, her nickname can be Lib or Libby.  So dumb.  

and as if my love for Joy can't get any bigger - so goes and tells MM she didn't miss her.  Zero.  

Not really. Megun is one of those people who lives and breaths patriotism. The name for her child fits her personality and life perfectly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

DAMN! Didn't take long for the Meghan / Joy blowup to make headlines:

https://www.rawstory.com/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joy-behar-mocks-meghan-mccain-on-the-view-says-i-did-not-miss-you

https://deadline.com/2021/01/joy-behar-meghan-mccain-the-view-i-did-not-miss-you-zero-1234664964/

I was wishing for less Sanjay (who was boring, quite simply) and more blow-ups from Meghan and Joy.

YIKES!  thanks for the links. 

It's going to be hard coming back from this to "we're all family, we love each other."

I think Joy was still pissed from yesterday, when Meghan took up the entire first segment with her rapid-fire speech about maternity leave.

Go Joy!  that was beautiful!

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 21
15 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Exactly!  Sara just answer the question!!!  She needs a spine.

Why is she so afraid of Meghan?? Sara is thinking "oh, gosh I better let Meghan speak so she won't get upset"

Either Sara did it on purpose because she knew Megun would act bratty and it would make her look bad.
Or
Sara doesn't have a spine and is kissing Megun's ass because she holds a lot of power with who gets to sit at the table and keep that job/lucrative paycheck.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

“I did NOT miss you!”

Bless you, Joy.

loved it!

i was expected Meghan to have gone to her hubby Benny and have a crying fit and not return (or maybe i was just hoping)

• Love 21
37 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

The statement: "Conservatives, in particular, given that we’re the party of ‘family values’ and that everything about our ideology sort of stems from the nucleus of the family" uttered by McCain was a trigger for me.   It appears she had a come to the mountain experience from her pregnancy about family leave but her labeling her side as being the family centered party at this time in our country was inflammatory for so many reasons.  She is full on Elizabeth Hasselbeck these past two days.

When she said that I thought oh here we go.  She insulted millions of people not in her tribe without breaking a sweat.

37 minutes ago, leftlane said:

Sunny is a black woman who worked her way to the top. She knows how to play the long game with whiny white women like Megun. Keep your enemies close and what not.

I thought the exact same thing.   Sunny knows Meghan can't be trusted.  

10 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan is to The View what Sharon Osborne is to The Talk.  The most unlikable, least talented and undeserved person to be there and yet there they both are and holding all of the power.  This is the kind of shit that makes my eye get all twitchy with rage.

As Bill Geddie used to say they make sparks.  But as mentioned earlier the show had some pretty good ratings while Meghan was on maternity leave.  For whatever reason the past 25-30 years bad behavior is rewarded.  I blame the internet and reality tv.  People like to watch trainwrecks.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, leftlane said:

Either Sara did it on purpose because she knew Megun would act bratty and it would make her look bad.
Or
Sara doesn't have a spine and is kissing Megun's ass because she holds a lot of power with who gets to sit at the table and keep that job/lucrative paycheck.

And then Meghan tells Sara to ask the question to Sunny!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3