Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Chapter Sixteen - The Rescue

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Given Grogu being around pre-Order 66 he might know R2

I don't think he knows R2.  My interpretation was more along the lines of Grogu being fascinated with R2 the same way he was fascinated with the silver ball on Din's ship.  I think he was already planning on giving himself into the hands of the big bad Jedi who saved the day (he realizes now -- after his ordeal in the brig -- that he DOES need training from a Jedi) but the shiny new playmate sealed the deal.  Sort of like a child not being too keen on someone they've just met for the first time, but then they find out that person has a PUPPY!

Edited by WatchrTina
  • LOL 13
  • Love 8

No way is Grogu gone, and I suspect he’ll be back maybe even by episode one of the next season.   Pure speculation, but I predict Mando lands in some serious, life-threatening trouble, Grogu senses it and escapes from Jedi training to go try and save Mando in a way that's simultaneously suspenseful, funny, and very, very cute.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I so want Grogu to regale Luke with tales of how cool his Dad is and how his dad does this and that. And Luke getting slowly more frustrated,  cause he has to hear about Cool dad Din. I have to make myself laugh to stop from being so sad they are apart right now. 

• Love 18

Din Djarin taking off his helmet to let Grogu touch his face and say goodbye? All. The. Feelings.

I got a little thrill when Bo-Katan, Fennec, Cara and Koska were slashing their way through Gideon's cruiser.

Giancarlo Esposito was fun in this one. He clearly revels in playing the baddie.

My thoughts were like.....”oh wow, they really did bring in Luke?  I wonder who they cast? Is it going to be Sebastian Stan after all?  No, that’s not him, but wow, props for finding an actor who does look uncannily like Mark Hamill.” (In my defense, it was 4:00 am but still!

Same same - minus the Sebastian Stan part*

Din:  Are you a Jedi?

Luke:  I am THE Jedi.

Listen!

The fact that it's Luke is cringey fan-service. YMMV, of course.

This is how I'm feeling about Luke's appearance right now (Might change my mind when I rewatch). I don't have a ton of investment in Luke because truthfully, The Mandalorian is the most I have ever been engaged with the Star Wars universe. I'll be curious to see how Grogu and Mando's storyline unfolds from here.

I've liked Sebastian Stan since his days on Gossip Girl, so if this show wants to bring him on as young Luke next season, well, let's just say, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, WatchrTina said:

Someone on the internet put up side-by-side comparisons of original Luke vs. current day Sebastian Stan with Luke hair photoshopped onto him and they do look uncannily alike (though I am suspicious that there may have been some additional editing shenanigans with that image.)

Yeah, that photo is a morph of Stan and Hamill. But there is still a striking resemblance between the two and both actors have had fun with it. 

image.thumb.png.bcb4b1f8bd167eabe3a115b92e57553d.png

I think this is the untouched comparison image, and this is still an uncanny resemblance.  With the right haircut and makeup, it could definitely work, IMO.

Apparently people have been commenting on the resemblance for years, and Stan and Mark have acknowledged it in the past as well.  They've posted photos on Instagram together.

Edit:  Oops, I didn't see the date on the photo posted above. 🙂  Yep, for years. 🤣

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, callmebetty said:

I so want Grogu to regale Luke with tales of how cool his Dad is and how his dad does this and that. And Luke getting slowly more frustrated,  cause he has to hear about Cool dad Din. I have to make myself laugh to stop from being so sad they are apart right now. 

Well, figure one of those stories will feature the pretty Jedi lady so Luke's frustration will turn to intense interest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, bethy said:

When the title card said "The Rescue" I was half-way afraid that was a red herring and that the Child wouldn't actually be rescued in the episode. 

Instead, we got two rescues! The first one we expected, and then the Jedi ex machina at the end.

• Love 9

My 7 year old literally jumped up and down when she realized it was Luke. Based on his appearance it is interesting to see what money will get you. Because the de-aged Robert Downey Jr in Civil War looked way better than Luke and that movie is 6 years old. But it did have a giant budget.

My 10 year old was nearly crying when she thought Baby Yoda was gone for good. Then I explained to her that a ton of people would unsubscribe from D+ and they would lose a ton of money if they did that. There is a better chance of Disney killing off Mater from Cars. I hope he is back soon I really don't care about Bo Katan and her issues ruling Mandalor. 

19 hours ago, johntfs said:

In the "Definite" column, there's three: Luke Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano and Leia Organa (Solo?) and Luke is the only full Jedi Master.  Ahsoka was basically a "diploma" away from being a Jedi Knight and Leia probably wasn't even that.

In the "Likely" column there's Ezra Bridger from Rebels.

There are also a ton of force ghosts. Yoda used his force powers in Last Jedi to burn the temple down.

4 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

I don't think he knows R2.  My interpretation was more along the lines of Grogu being fascinated with R2 the same way he was fascinated with the silver ball on Din's ship.  I think he was already planning on giving himself into the hands of the big bad Jedi who saved the day (he realizes now that he DOES need training from a Jedi) but the shiny new playmate sealed the deal.  Sort of like a child not being too keen on someone they've just met for the first time, but then they find out that person has a PUPPY!

Considering how much everything in Star wars is connected I honestly wouldn't be surprised if R2 was the one that rescued Grogu from the temple.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Because the de-aged Robert Downey Jr in Civil War looked way better than Luke and that movie is 6 years old. 

Bite your tongue! It’s only four years old 😄 Well, four and a half...

Edited by Capricasix
  • LOL 1

Whee!  That was even more fun on second viewing.  

I have to give a shout out to Ludwig Göransson, the composer, because the boot-up music for the Dark Troopers was just EXCELLENT, as were the other musical cues throughout the episode.

And as others have noted, I just love the Grrrrrrl-Power in the episode -- especially when the four women are working as a unit. (🎵Sistas . . . are doin it for themselves 🎶!)

Loved Cara Dune resorting to using her gun as a club when it jammed (even though I could see clearly that that was just the writers injecting an opportunity for Gina Carano to do a hand-to-hand fighting sequence.)

Every time that evil robot trooper hit Mando I couldn't help thinking "Not the face, not the face!"  

I loved that Mando finally took out that evil robot trooper with his lowest-tech weapon -- a spear.

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the puppeteers and/or animators responsible for Grogu because the emotions that he displayed in this episode were ON POINT.  (Oh, that little hopeful ear twitch when the mystery man came on board!)

Then can we please acknowledge the profound stupidity of putting handcuffs on Moff Gideon -- in front instead of behind his back -- BUT FAILING TO SEARCH HIM FOR WEAPONS!!!   I mean seriously, Mando . . . how did you let THAT happen?  I'm going to have to blame it on all those helmet-blows he suffered at the hands of that evil robot trooper coupled with his overwhelming relief at having rescued Grogu.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

Then can we please acknowledge the profound stupidity of putting handcuffs on Moff Gideon -- in front instead of behind his back -- BUT FAILING TO SEARCH HIM FOR WEAPONS!!!

But that wasn’t a secret gun he had on him. It was from the dead bridge crew. Gideon saw it opportunistically when he landed near it and arranged his cape to hide it so he could bide his time till Mando and co were distracted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

"Well, if that isn't the Quacta calling the Stifling slimy." Now there's some galaxy grade shade. Gotta save that one for future use.😏

Interesting foreplay between Boba and Koska.

Love how the EDM music started when Moff Gideon said to activate the Dark Troopers. Then I began waiting for the beat to drop. 😉

Holy crap, those Dark Troopers were like the Terminator on steroids. When that DT was punching Mando in the helmet all I could think was, "This is not the way!"

When the villain stops to make a speech. Yawn.

Beskar spear vs. Darksaber. Mando pretty much said to Moff Gideon, "You are not my father!"

Bye little Grogu. Hope we'll see you and Daddy Mando again. (I'm not crying! You're crying!)

ETA:  And I saw "A New Hope" when it first came out.  In fact, I think I saw it three times that summer.

Got you beat. I saw it once a week for the entire summer. It was 12 or 13 times.

• Love 9

Aaaaaaaand back to pointless. How long has Mando been with yoda baby, anyway? Doesn’t seem long enough to have this kind of tie. Aside from plot needs.

Given the imperial shuttle had two dudes as pilots, once it called in to the cruiser, and it was a woman, wouldn’t someone notice?

You know, for once I wish the “dark _______” had something other than red eyes. A nice blue would have been interesting.

It sure takes them a long time to get moving. And sending androids out an airlock? Uh, they seem to be missing something central to being an android. Luckily, they have a convenient weak spot... turkey necks. And their builders neglected to give them armor that would protect them against their most likely threat. 

When the yoda is involved, so is lots of fighting. Not so much interesting plot. Would like to hear more about Gideon’s plans.

“It” wants your permission? Hmmm. Well, bye! Hoping for a child-less show next season. 

8 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

I know some of us eyeroll over the fanservice but seeing the emotional reaction videos I'm glad they did it. 

Yea my 7 year olds reaction made the episode way better than it was. Just like her reaction when the Falcon and all those other ships showed up at the end of Rise of Skywalker made that movie way better.

I did like their trick using Boba and his ship as kind of a decoy. Although really all it took was 2 people to take over what was left of Jabba's operation.

Also that imperial guy talking about all the poor dead people on the death Star made me think of Clerks and the independent contractors. But like the roofer guy in that movie, I think anyone working on there knew what they were getting into and have no one else to blame for their death.

• Love 5

BTW, they blew it with the moment with Mando taking off his helmet so yoda baby could touch his face. It might have been the signature moment of the season... except they just had Mando take off his helmet an episode or two ago to be scanned, which could easily have been written around. Exceptionally poor plotting. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ottis said:

BTW, they blew it with the moment with Mando taking off his helmet so yoda baby could touch his face. It might have been the signature moment of the season... except they just had Mando take off his helmet an episode or two ago to be scanned, which could easily have been written around. Exceptionally poor plotting. 

They may have blown it in your opinion, but definitely not in mine. I thought each reveal had a different point to make about Din and his relationship with Grogu. I found both instances of Din taking off his helmet very affecting.

• Love 21

Both scenes were emotional to me, because it's not just about showing his face. The scene last episode showed how far Din was willing to go to save the child and the scene this ep showed Din removing his helmet so Grogu could say goodbye. 

I think Grogu was so tired because he's probably been listening to Giden speechifying for hours. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

What is "uncanny valley"? 

Did perhaps the bad guys want Grogu's blood so they could work on making clones of him?

I enjoyed the episode. I was 15 when the first Star Wars movie hit the theaters, and I've seen all the rest over the decades. I can't really keep track or remember all the interweaving characters and plots (other than the most major ones), and I never saw the Clone Wars stuff, so I'd say 90% of the stuff people get upset about is news to me! I just enjoyed this series for what it was at the moment I was watching - good entertainment, a compelling main character, and a wicked cute little magical creature. 

I loved seeing Luke - loved, loved, loved it. Soon as Grogu perked up, I knew it was a Jedi (Grogu could feel the force, even if he doesn't know what the Force is just yet), but once I saw the green sabre - oh yeah!! Seeing R2D2 was awesome. After 43 years, we old timers deserve a bone thrown to us!

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I really wish that this had been the only episode in the entire series where Mando revealed his face.  The scene was impactful but would have been even more so if it'd been the only time we'd seen Mando do it.  And if they couldn't do that, than they at least shouldn't have had him reveal his face in the previous episode, especially since it was for the most nonsense reason. 

I was thinking the same thing. I knew a soon as Grogu touched his helmet, he was asking him to take it off.  So sweet.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

Basically it's something that is supposed to look realistic but if you keep looking at it you can see it's not. It's in a valley of looking real and not real at the same time. Luke was a CGI face on a real body. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Biggie B said:

It’s the idea that when non-human objects closely resemble humans it becomes psychologically unsettling. It’s considered to be the reason many dolls and androids are often described as creepy. So in this case the computer de-aging of Mark Hamil causes him to look wrong even if it’s a near perfect likeness. 

Edited by Guest
16 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

The show “30 Rock” explained the uncanny valley in terms of ... funnily enough ... Star Wars characters.  Skip to 1:50 of this clip for their explanation:

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I've seen so many comments about how bad the CGI was on Luke, but I thought they did a great job. I also read that it looks better on a nicer tv, or one with a lot of brightness, which mine has, so maybe that's why. I thought the CGI was much better than what was used in some of the recent Star Wars movies. My only complaint is that his face seemed a bit stiff. But because of how difficult, and probably costly it is to do, I can't really see a lot of future scenes with Luke training Grogu.

Mark Hamill posted this on his Twitter:

The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhere! #LooseLipsSinkStarships #STFU

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Bite your tongue! It’s only four years old 😄 Well, four and a half...

Your right, my mistake, I even looked it up and still wrote it wrong. That said I also looked it up and the per episode budget for this show is about 5% of what it cost to make Civil War. So the fact that it looks that good is pretty impressive.

3 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

Mark Hamill posted this on his Twitter:

The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhere! #LooseLipsSinkStarships #STFU

I am a bit cynical but it is not that impressive. I mean it is not like he was actually on set, it was basically a voice acting job. And Mark Hamill being a voice acting guy probably spends a ton of time in recording studios including for all kinds of Star Wars projects. He probably could have recorded it in his house even.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bethy said:

They may have blown it in your opinion, but definitely not in mine. I thought each reveal had a different point to make about Din and his relationship with Grogu. I found both instances of Din taking off his helmet very affecting.

Yeah, it's not just taking off the helmet its the reason why and that's what makes it important. I agree that both scenes worked and were powerful in their emotions.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I don't have a ton of investment in Luke because truthfully, The Mandalorian is the most I have ever been engaged with the Star Wars universe. I'll be curious to see how Grogu and Mando's storyline unfolds from here.

This is sort of where I'm at, although I appreciated the reveal at the time. But it was less of a "main course" and more of a "cherry on top of the sundae." I did not think it was even close to the best part of the show.

As someone whose knowledge of Star Wars until very recently was "I saw the original triology and liked it," this show feels accessible, and not intimidating. I can follow along, despite not knowing all the mythology. And I am hopeful the creators are aware they've attracted more than Star Wars fans (especially with a POV character so unfamiliar with the world) and not go too far "inside baseball" into the Star Wars universe in the future.

Because I thought the finale itself was outstanding. All the thematic elements of the season coming home to roost. The culmination of a cohesive character and story arc for the show and its titular character. I was on the edge of my seat, cheering and crying and feeling so much, it was almost cathartic.

Others have commented on how perfect that final scene was, and I adored it, too. The perfect amount of repressed emotion spilling over. So quiet and heartfelt, it was as if we were interrupting a private conversation. The acting, directing, music-- everything was top notch. This show not only deserves to be nominated for Emmys, but deserves to win them. Or at least Golden Globes.

To me, The Mandalorian was the perfect show for 2020: the bonds we form through trauma, the things we do that were unthinkable a short time ago, and everything we're willing to give up to keep the ones we love safe.

• Love 24
7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, it's not just taking off the helmet its the reason why and that's what makes it important. I agree that both scenes worked and were powerful in their emotions.

I agree. I also think the previous times makes this time more meaningful. Taking the helmet off to find Grogu was a sacrifice that could be rationalized and put behind him. Everyone who saw his face was “dead” and he had to do it to save a member of his clan. This time none of that is true. He made a choice to break the creed because he wanted another living being to see is face. This was him chucking the creed out the window. He can’t rationalize it or pretend it didn’t happen.

If we hadn’t seen his discomfort with taking off the helmet in the past that moment with Grogu would have had less emotional resonance even if it held more shock value for the audience. The way the show brought him through that journey over two seasons was wonderfully developed. I’m thrilled the show was willing to let him take the emotional journey even if it meant throwing away the big shocking reveal. Too many others have sacrificed characterization in favor of shock value (I’m looking at you Endgame).

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Dani said:

Taking the helmet off to find Grogu was a sacrifice that could be rationalized and put behind him. Everyone who saw his face was “dead” and he had to do it to save a member of his clan. This time none of that is true. He made a choice to break the creed because he wanted another living being to see is face. This was him chucking the creed out the window. He can’t rationalize it or pretend it didn’t happen.

If we hadn’t seen his discomfort with taking off the helmet in the past that moment with Grogu would have had less emotional resonance even if it held more shock value for the audience. The way the show brought him through that journey over two seasons was wonderfully developed. I’m thrilled the show was willing to let him take the emotional journey even if it meant throwing away the big shocking reveal.

This is so true. I hadn’t thought of it this way but I completely agree.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, callmebetty said:

Jedi are not supposed to crave excitement.  That's a concept Grogu will not be agreeing with at all.

image.thumb.png.8893723c6c3ed691e3cea61827949111.png

"Fly faster Din!! This is fun!"

Edited by Macbeth
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Biggie B said:

Did perhaps the bad guys want Grogu's blood so they could work on making clones of him?

Probably he can’t be cloned. Esp considering Dr Pershing is a clone engineer, a clone Grogu (or a whole bunch of them) would have saved them a lot of trouble over having to painstakingly draw blood from just the one lil guy. The reference to “M-counts” suggests Grogu has a high midichlorian count which the prequels established is a necessary condition for Force sensitivity. Presumably Gideon is directing some kind of attempt to bestow Force powers on people who aren’t naturally Force sensitive.

btw, I’m gonna pat my own back because I made a Twitter joke about blood doping with midichlorians seven years ago, even if I wasn’t the very first to come up with it.

• Love 1

I was waiting for Mando to give the Baby the little silver knob, too. Man, I bawled at the farewell scene. They’ll be back together. The Disney folks know what brings in the bucks.

I loved how Cara kept knocking Gideon back down on his butt! 😆 The League of Badass Women was awesome!

As someone who was 16 when the first SW movie came out, I was thrilled with the Luke appearance. I thought his CGI was a lot better than others I have seen. I thought R-2 was trying to entertain the baby to cheer him up.

• Love 6

Didn't they explain why they wanted Grogu's blood in an earlier episode? It was for a specific project, but I'm hazy on the details. Clearly should have paid more attention back then instead of expecting them to explain again later!

4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Basically it's something that is supposed to look realistic but if you keep looking at it you can see it's not. It's in a valley of looking real and not real at the same time. Luke was a CGI face on a real body. 

Here I thought it was some kind of odd reference to Sweet Valley High and young Luke Skywalker. 

(Did not get the connection at all, but that's where my mind went seeing these "uncanny valley" refs.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Llywela said:

Didn't they explain why they wanted Grogu's blood in an earlier episode? It was for a specific project, but I'm hazy on the details. Clearly should have paid more attention back then instead of expecting them to explain again later!

It was in The Siege. They were giving volunteers transfusions of Grogu’s blood. Presumably they were trying to create force users. 

Clone Wars and Rebels both had plots where Palapatine kidnaps force-sensitive children to experiment on them. 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:24 AM, johntfs said:

Come on, show of hands.  Who really, truly thinks this is the last we see of Grogu excepting some goofy flash-forward to an older Din weeping over the charred, bisected corpse of his adopted green child?  Some of you apparently, but really... get real.  Grogu is coming back - probably in the second episode of the next season or so.

My only explanation is apparently some people's foresight doesn't go beyond the length of their arm. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also that imperial guy talking about all the poor dead people on the death Star made me think of Clerks and the independent contractors.

Oooooh, now THAT is a deep cut.

For those who did NOT see the movie "Clerks", there is a scene where a couple of stoner dudes working at a convenience store debate the ethics of the rebels blowing up the still-under-construction second death star in Return of the Jedi.  The point being debated is that it was probably full of guys who just work in construction -- independent contractors with no stake in the empire-vs-rebels conflict (and potentially very little choice about accepting the empire's "offer" to come work on that construction job.)  Yet they got blown up along with all the "bad guys" . . . and we all cheered.

Yeah, that was clever, pointing out that every "victory" in war can spawn a generation of resentment and hate on the losing side.

12 hours ago, Dani said:

He made a choice to break the creed because he wanted another living being to see is face. This was him chucking the creed out the window.

This raises an interesting possibility for the future.  I want to believe that the Armorer is still alive -- that she (and possibly she alone) survived the massacre at the Mandalorian covert -- and that she is still out there in the universe, kicking ass and taking names.  But I presume that she is one of the most orthodox of all the Mandalorians since she made a point of asking the two ritual questions (i.e. "Have you ever revealed your face to another living being?" and "Has anyone else removed your helmet for you?") -- thus confirming that that Mando still followed "the way" -- before she fashioned new amour for him.  As such, I wonder what a reunion between the two of them would look like?  I'd love for Mando to have an opportunity to replenish his weapons (a stockpile of whistling birds would be particularly nice).  But IF Mando could find her, and assuming she is still out there making weapons, will she give weapons to a Mandalorian who can no longer truthfully answer "no" to those questions?

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

But IF Mando could find her, and assuming she is still out there making weapons, will she give weapons to a Mandalorian who can no longer truthfully answer "no" to those questions?

He would have failed the quest SHE gave him by keeping his helmet on...so she has to help him

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, paigow said:

He would have failed the quest SHE gave him by keeping his helmet on...so she has to help him

Well . . . that's true for the first instance, when he had to masquerade as a truck driver.  But it's not true for his decision to say goodbye to Grogu face-to-face.

Edited by WatchrTina

I really enjoyed this episode a lot!  Again with the badass women getting the job done -- there can never be too much of that.

I accidentally got spoiled about Luke's appearance, too.  That would have been far more impactful if I hadn't been, but it was still pretty great, watching Luke just cut down those Dark Troopers like weeds in a garden.

Poor Grogu -- having most of his blood taken to the point he was exhausted.  There's a reason the Red Cross doesn't let you donate blood every day.  It was the best choice for him to go with Luke at this time, but I have every confidence Grogu and Mando will be reunited.  I don't think the helmet removal for the goodbye was diminished by the earlier removal.  Mando made a conscious choice to remove it this time, and for the specific purpose of Grogu seeing his face.  And so that Mando could see Grogu without impediment.  In the previous episode, Mando didn't choose to remove the helmet.  He was forced to.

I was not spoiled for the post-credits scene!  I don't usually watch all of the credits (I do watch through the artwork), but left them running this time while I absorbed and digested the episode.  I'm glad I did!  The Boba Fett as Warlord of Tatooine might be an interesting show.

My only hope for the new season is that Grogu becomes verbal.  His coos and babbling are cute, but I'd like some words, please.

• Love 10

I don't have much commentary to add that differs from what others have said.  I'm enjoying reading these comments.

I thought the finale was incredible and the ending was perfect. Grogu had to leave with a Jedi, and what better Jedi to leave with than Luke?  Although as I was watching the scene when the Jedi entered, I thought for a moment it was Ezra.  But I knew it was Luke the minute I saw the black glove. 

I don't believe this is the end of Grogu on this series.  I love that little guy and in Season 1 he was the hook for me getting into this show.  But I'm looking forward to getting deeper into the mythos of Mandalore and hope we see more Djin's interactions with Bo-Katan, as well as the armorer and other members of The Watch. I half-expect Grogu to return a little older, a bit taller and able to talk. Grade-school aged or teenager Grogu??

They kept Moff Gideon alive for a reason.  Thrawn perhaps?

Lastly, the MUSIC/SCORE gave me all the feels.  This series gave me a feeling that the prequels and the sequels didn't do for me.

• Love 5

As just a fan of The Mandalorian, without all the history and back story beyond the original 3 movies, I have to say the ending left me a bit flat.

I guess I didn’t expect Grogu to leave Mando.  I wish we had been given some insight about the little guy’s perspective—what he thought, what he told the Jedi in the woods. (Sorry can’t remember her name.)  Also, I am not a fan of Mando now running around with his helmet off.  (Extreme nitpick:  It's a helmet, people!  Not a mask.)  I can see it being removed under certain situations but I really don’t want him whipping it off and on like the rest of them.  He should be a bit different, just like that nice shiny beskar armor isn't  commonplace.  

I did like seeing the rescue team being made up of badass women.  Fennec and Cara rock! 

I wish Moff had been killed.  It becomes ridiculous when an evil adversary keeps escaping death (to create mischief down the road) when he so clearly needs to die.  Also, I’m not all that interested in the other cast of characters that I’m going to invest time in spin-off shows.  And finally, I DID NOT need to see Luke Skywalker.  That CGI work was downright creepy.  Not sure how I feel about next season. *sigh* 

Edited by taurusrose
  • Love 2

Can someone answer something for me? I’ve only seen the feature films, and it’s been a loooong time since I’ve seen the prequel trilogy, but what did they mean by Boba Fett having a clone face? He’s a clone, not human? I don’t really know the backstory of that character other than Empire and ROTJ.

18 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Can someone answer something for me? I’ve only seen the feature films, and it’s been a loooong time since I’ve seen the prequel trilogy, but what did they mean by Boba Fett having a clone face? He’s a clone, not human? I don’t really know the backstory of that character other than Empire and ROTJ.

He’s a cloned human. Boba’s father was the donor that was used to build the clone army that fought with the Jedi during the Clone Wars. Palpatine arranging for their creation and programmed them to turn on the Jedi effectively destroying the Republic. As payment for being the donor Jango Fett asked for an clone of his own that he raised as a son. 

Edited by Guest