Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Chapter Sixteen - The Rescue

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, taurusrose said:

Also, I am not a fan of Mando now running around with his helmet off.

When did Mando run around with his helmet off? We've seen him remove it twice in two seasons, under very particular circumstances. Chances are he might be a little more relaxed about the rules around removing it in future, in particular once it is just him and Grogu again, but I can't see him ever being comfortable with whipping it off willy nilly, that restriction is way too deeply ingrained at this point.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Llywela said:

When did Mando run around with his helmet off? We've seen him remove it twice in two seasons, under very particular circumstances. Chances are he might be a little more relaxed about the rules around removing it in future, in particular once it is just him and Grogu again, but I can't see him ever being comfortable with whipping it off willy nilly, that restriction is way too deeply ingrained at this point.

Did I say he ran around with his helmet off?  No.  I know how many times he took it off.  What I said is I don't want it to become a habit.  I get the impression from some of these posts, that some fans would be okay if he disregarded his creed now that he's removed his helmet in back-to-back episodes.  

29 minutes ago, Dani said:

As payment for being the donor Jango Fett asked for an clone of his own that he raised as a son. 

And furthermore, the clone that Jango requested was NOT genetically altered to accelerate aging to maturity (which was the case with all the clone solders.)  He specifically asked for an "unaltered" clone -- a baby that would grow to maturity in the normal way.  

Spoiler

That also explains why Boba Fett doesn't have that computer chip in his brain that the other clones have and thus was unaffected when "Order 66" went out.

I added a spoiler screen above because I couldn't remember the rules regarding talking about other Star Wars films.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

And furthermore, the clone that Jango requested was NOT genetically altered to accelerate aging to maturity (which was the case with all the clone solders.)  He specifically asked for an "unaltered" clone -- a baby that would grow to maturity in the normal way.  

Thanks for adding that. I knew I was forgetting something. Although 

14 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

I added a spoiler screen above because I couldn't remember the rules regarding talking about other Star Wars films.

Anything that happened before the show in the Star Wars timeline is allowed. Anything that is in the future for the characters is considered a spoiler. 

On 12/19/2020 at 7:23 AM, Sakura12 said:

Seeing 57 year old Ming Na Wen fight side by side with a former MMA fighter and a former? Wrestler is also my everything. Being Asian I know we basically age like Grogu but it still nice to see that they don't need to keep hiring young actresses to be badasses. 

I loved this part. It’s also really nice to see Star Wars not acting like 50 is ancient. It’s crazy to think she’s the same age Obi-Wan was supposed to be when he died. 

3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

accidentally got spoiled about Luke's appearance, too.  That would have been far more impactful if I hadn't been, but it was still pretty great, watching Luke just cut down those Dark Troopers like weeds in a garden.

One thing I really liked about that fight was how well Luke used his lightsaber and force powers together. Crushing that last droid with the force was awesome. Plus too often force people forget they have powers at times when it would be really helpful to use them (like Ashoka this season).

1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

The Baby ages very slowly, as we know, so I hope he stays little for a long time.

He ages slowly but we have no idea if ages the same way as humans just scaled up. For all we know he could get his growth spurt at 52 and at that point look and act just like an adult of his species.

• Love 6
On 12/19/2020 at 12:09 PM, WatchrTina said:

I don't think he knows R2.  My interpretation was more along the lines of Grogu being fascinated with R2 the same way he was fascinated with the silver ball on Din's ship.  I think he was already planning on giving himself into the hands of the big bad Jedi who saved the day (he realizes now -- after his ordeal in the brig -- that he DOES need training from a Jedi) but the shiny new playmate sealed the deal.  Sort of like a child not being too keen on someone they've just met for the first time, but then they find out that person has a PUPPY!

I am  not surprised that Grogu greeted R2D2 with such joy.  He loves droids after his experience with the Nanny/killer droid.  He had a huge smile on his face when he was on the landspeeder with the nanny/killer droid who was shooting storm troopers right and left.

He also has a yen for mechanical things - He tried on at least 2 occassions to fly the Razorback.

And unlike Luke - Grogu probably met R2D2 on Coruscant, when he was Anakin's droid.

7 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

He ages slowly but we have no idea if ages the same way as humans just scaled up. For all we know he could get his growth spurt at 52 and at that point look and act just like an adult of his species.

Exactly. Plus while he was walking to Luke in the last episode it occurred to me that he’s not that physical different than Yoda. Looking up their height’s Grogu is only 10 inches shorter than Yoda. For comparison Grogu is shorter than the average newborn and Yoda is the height of the average 3 month old. Even full grown he will look like a baby. 

21 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Considering how much everything in Star wars is connected I honestly wouldn't be surprised if R2 was the one that rescued Grogu from the temple.

That would be pretty awesome.

It would be keeping in character.  There were many times R2D2 saved the day.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, taurusrose said:

Extreme nitpick:  It's a helmet, people!  Not a mask.

Isn't it kind of both though?  A helmet is a covering that protects one's head from injury; a mask is a covering that obscures one's face.  This does both.  At the very least, I'd argue that it's at least not 'not a mask.'  Regardless, I don't think we have to worry about him taking it off becoming commonplace - my understanding is that Pedro believes he should generally stay covered as well.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS AN INCREDIBLY DEPRESSING ANALOGY

Man, that last scene is such a gut punch.  I hope this is an appropriate comparison, but in that moment, I couldn't help but think of Din as like an kid who found a lost puppy.  His family had him put up fliers and promise to give him back - but in the meantime he's grown attached to the puppy.  They go everywhere together, and he's even helped it learn a few tricks.  Deep down, he's probably hoped that they could "just keep looking" forever.  But this week, the man who owns the puppy finally showed up.  And, despite how much the kid loves the puppy, he knows he has to do the "right thing," and give it back.  So he does - but it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking for him.  

• Love 4

I think the more depressing analogy here is to compare Din's good bye with Grogu and his promise they would see each other again with little Anakin saying good bye to his mother, with her promising they would see each other again before handing her kid over to a Jedi.  I am assuming everybody knows how that promise turned out.

I sincerely hope there is a different outcome for Din and Grogu.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Chyromaniac said:

Isn't it kind of both though?  A helmet is a covering that protects one's head from injury; a mask is a covering that obscures one's face.  This does both.  At the very least, I'd argue that it's at least not 'not a mask.'  Regardless, I don't think we have to worry about him taking it off becoming commonplace - my understanding is that Pedro believes he should generally stay covered as well.

I suppose an argument can be made for that.  But I prefer to use the correct names for objects.  A mask doesn't protect your head and is primarily used to conceal your identity (as in face).  A helmet completes combat dress, its purpose is to protect the head and face of the combatant in battle.  Mask is too frivolous a term for Mando's helmet.  YMMV  I hope you're right about the helmet generally staying in place moving forward.  Plus, I like the way it makes his voice sound.

I'm even more extreme in the use of Mando's birth name.  Unless it becomes common knowledge, and everyone starts calling him Din, I'm sticking with Mando.  😂  Yes, I am THAT annoying person.

Edited by taurusrose
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, taurusrose said:

I wish Moff had been killed.  It becomes ridiculous when an evil adversary keeps escaping death (to create mischief down the road) when he so clearly needs to die.

No compelling antagonist would remain if Gideon dies. Another season of exposition to introduce some other mid-level boss? 

• Love 1

I've been watching a lot of reaction videos and have a question: Why does everyone think Luke would be played by Sebastian Stan? Was that mentioned somewhere?

I want to watch the episode again, but even the reaction videos get me crying.

So the theory is that R2 saved Grogu from the Jedi Temple and that's why they recognize each other?

20 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I've been watching a lot of reaction videos and have a question: Why does everyone think Luke would be played by Sebastian Stan? Was that mentioned somewhere?

This is why. The image on the left has been altered to make the resemblance more pronounced but it’s a running joke between the two actors that they are actually father and son. Real comparison photos were posted earlier in the thread.

image.jpeg.bfeb2e29895f135b0aac6d2dd252585c.jpeg

I'm coming around on Luke's appearance AS LONG AS this doesn't transform the story of The Mandalorian into a story about The SkywalkersTM and the show continues to focus on Mando's adventures and his bond with Grogu.

I'm not deep into the lore of the Jedi, but aren't some of their views kinda problematic? What happens to Grogu once he's been trained to use his powers? Does he get to go his own way?

• Love 3

I think because they didn't get Sebastian Stan or any other actor to play Luke means we won't be focusing on him. That CGI is expensive. 

Yeah the Jedi are problematic, which is why I'm hoping Grogu saw from Ahsoka that there are other paths to follow. She left the Jedi order as a teenager because she lost faith in them. But she still follows the path of helping people if they need it. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Biggie B said:

I enjoyed the episode. I was 15 when the first Star Wars movie hit the theaters, and I've seen all the rest over the decades. I can't really keep track or remember all the interweaving characters and plots (other than the most major ones), and I never saw the Clone Wars stuff, so I'd say 90% of the stuff people get upset about is news to me! I just enjoyed this series for what it was at the moment I was watching - good entertainment, a compelling main character, and a wicked cute little magical creature. 

I loved seeing Luke - loved, loved, loved it. Soon as Grogu perked up, I knew it was a Jedi (Grogu could feel the force, even if he doesn't know what the Force is just yet), but once I saw the green sabre - oh yeah!! Seeing R2D2 was awesome. After 43 years, we old timers deserve a bone thrown to us!

I am an old timer and I agree completely with this statement.  

We have baby Yoda running around - it's a couple of years after Return of the Jedi - Luke will be at the height of his powers.  He is one of the few Jedi still living.  Of course he's the one who will try to teach Grogu.  

There was a series of books that came out within the past few years about what happened after Return.  It's now part of the cannon.  And Luke was missing in those books.  On a mission.  Now we know what the mission is.

This is not a spoiler.  But I predict there will be a small time jump.  Time enought for Luke to try to teach Grogu.  But failing in the process.  As Grogu gets increasingly bored with Jedi summer camp.  Grogu loves the excitement that exists in Daddy Din's life.  And he will want to be part of that life again.  

image.thumb.png.e32fddaf9f194c006c83a5fa34eee76f.png 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

What happens to Grogu once he's been trained to use his powers? Does he get to go his own way?

Yes. 

17 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Yeah the Jedi are problematic, which is why I'm hoping Grogu saw from Ahsoka that there are other paths to follow. She left the Jedi order as a teenager because she lost faith in them. But she still follows the path of helping people if they need it. 

Spoiler

He’ll probably also learn that from Luke. Leia took a different path after her training and Luke didn’t seem to have a problem with it.

I loved everything about this episode.  I loved the appearance of Luke, if he hadn’t appeared there would have been huge questions as to who Grogu was communicating with on that mountain temple.  Seeing that robed Jedi and the green lightsaber really brought me back to my little kid self watching ROTJ in the theatre in 1983.

Then at the end, watching Boba and Fennec come down those stairs in Jabba’s Palace... wow.  I loved it.  I suppose Bib Fortuna had taken over Jabba’s empire and business and has gotten quite fat off of it.  I’m assuming Boba Fett gets his previously announced spin off and we will get to see his adventures with Fennec at his side.  Also will expect to see the story of how he got out of Sarlacc.

No way do I believe that Grogu and Mando will be apart.  They will be reunited early on in Season 3, I have no doubt.  Bo Katan will feature prominently as well I’m sure. I can’t tell if the other lady was killed or not.  But I hope Cara Dune stays by Mando’s side.  

Wish Moff Gideon had been killed... I was getting bored of him.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

I'd love for Mando to have an opportunity to replenish his weapons (a stockpile of whistling birds would be particularly nice). 

If I remember right, when he got them he was told he had a finite supply, but he's used them probably at least three times. Maybe after a fight he goes back and picks them all up to reload.

14 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Bo Katan will feature prominently as well I’m sure. I can’t tell if the other lady was killed or not.  

Bo was the one who Gideon shot. She has the black chest plate. Koska had the blue chest plate and was one of the ones pointing a gun at Gideon. Bo’s standing again when Luke walks in. 

2 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

'm not deep into the lore of the Jedi, but aren't some of their views kinda problematic? What happens to Grogu once he's been trained to use his powers? Does he get to go his own way?

I am wondering that too.  From my - I admit - limited viewing experiences being a Jedi means being miserable and going evil (Anakin) and no surprise there, taking a small boy away from his mother seems a recipe for making a sociopath.  Or not evil but dying miserable anyways.  Neither Luke or what's his name  Obi Wan seemed to have been happy campers a the end. The only one who came across as somewhat semi-well adjusted to me in her one episode was Asohka Tano and I was told she isn't a "classic" Jedi.

Is Grogu still considered a Mandalorian foundling now? What happened to that Mandalorian necklace Grogu wore? I don't remember seeing it this season.  Are Din and Grogu still a clan of two or did that end when Luke took him away?

And why was Grogu seemingly written out of the show?  Did the puppet become a diva on set? Too big for his tiny breeches? Making unreasonable demands, like wanting to remove his robe?  I am sure a certain you tuber will have a video for us any minute now.

And can Disney give me the spin-off I actually wanted - where is the Cobb Vanth show?

To be serious for a minute, I found Moff Gideon to be a big disappointment as a villain - what a sniveling, pathetic and back stabbing ass he turned out to be.  And I haven't taken to Bo Katan.  Entitled, arrogant.  Back-stabbing Din any minute now?

Edited by magdalene
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS AN INCREDIBLY DEPRESSING ANALOGY

Man, that last scene is such a gut punch.  I hope this is an appropriate comparison, but in that moment, I couldn't help but think of Din as like an kid who found a lost puppy.  His family had him put up fliers and promise to give him back - but in the meantime he's grown attached to the puppy.  They go everywhere together, and he's even helped it learn a few tricks.  Deep down, he's probably hoped that they could "just keep looking" forever.  But this week, the man who owns the puppy finally showed up.  And, despite how much the kid loves the puppy, he knows he has to do the "right thing," and give it back.  So he does - but it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking for him.  

I'm afraid in the spirit of the season and for my own emotional equilibrium, I must respectfully ask that you immediately run out and obtain a new imaginary puppy for the hypothetical kid in this analogical scenario.

Edited by Penman61
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, magdalene said:

The only one who came across as somewhat semi-well adjusted to me in her one episode was Asohka Tano and I was told she isn't a "classic" Jedi.

Ahsoka is one that should have issues with Jedi after the way they treated her. But it could also be that she's not going to talk ill of the dead. 

Bo Katan has never been really trustworthy. She went against her own sister. As for not just taking the dark sabre, she used to be part of Death Watch, the clan that Mando's in. So she still follows some of the ancient Mandalorian ways. 

5 hours ago, paigow said:

No compelling antagonist would remain if Gideon dies. Another season of exposition to introduce some other mid-level boss? 

The easy way is to just introduce the person that Moff Gideon reports to. I mean the remains of the empire must have some sort of chain of command.

Or they could always make Bo Katan the antagonist. I don't know much about her but her drive to take over Mandalor could turn her into Mando"s enemy. Might actually make her interesting to me if they did that.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Or they could always make Bo Katan the antagonist. I don't know much about her but her drive to take over Mandalor could turn her into Mando"s enemy. Might actually make her interesting to me if they did that.

That might happen since Mando accidentally became King of Mandalore by getting the Dark Sabre. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, magdalene said:

And can Disney give me the spin-off I actually wanted - where is the Cobb Vanth show?

I am down with that as well.  I love Timothy Olyphant.  Given that Bobba Fett's new show will be on Tattoine - I wouldn't be surprised if Cobb appeared in an episode or 2.

And you probably already know this - but Timothy played fantastic marshalls in Deadwood and Justified.  I am going to rewatch them again.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Cobb appeared in an episode or 2.

Mos Eisley is beyond his jurisdiction...Also, Cobb is not recognized as a Republic Marshal, so Boba could kill him with impunity.

3 hours ago, magdalene said:

I am wondering that too.  From my - I admit - limited viewing experiences being a Jedi means being miserable and going evil (Anakin) and no surprise there, taking a small boy away from his mother seems a recipe for making a sociopath.  Or not evil but dying miserable anyways.  Neither Luke or what's his name  Obi Wan seemed to have been happy campers a the end. The only one who came across as somewhat semi-well adjusted to me in her one episode was Asohka Tano and I was told she isn't a "classic" Jedi.

Yes but that’s basically the point of the prequel trilogy and tv shows. I really do not understand how the scene where Grogu leaves with Luke is seen as him being taken away by the big bad Jedi forever. Luke says Grogu will not be safe until he masters his abilities. Nothing about Grogu needing join the Jedi order. The Jedi order doesn’t even exist at this point. Luke mastered is abilities in a year. 

3 hours ago, magdalene said:

And I haven't taken to Bo Katan.  Entitled, arrogant.  Back-stabbing Din any minute now?

Yes. That’s exactly who she is. You’ve nailed her. 

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Bo Katan has never been really trustworthy. She went against her own sister. As for still having some fundie rules, she used to be part of Death Watch, the clan that Mando's in. So she still follows some of the ancient Mandalorian ways. 

True. Then she only went against Death Watch because she’s a xenophobic. It will be interesting where this goes because when Bo Katan says Mandalorian’s she really means those exiled to Concordia and not everyone who lives on Mandalore. 

One thing I really liked about the season is Din seeing that the two who weren’t true Mandalorian’s were the ones he found honorable while the true Mandalorians were anything but. There is a real clash being set up that is simmering under the surface. 

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I would be surprised if that doesn’t happen eventually. 

Edited by Guest

I have feeling that Grogu still has the Mandalorian necklace, and he'll keep it.  It might be something that helps them reunite in the future, like when Grogu is ready to go home to Daddy Din.  Luke isn't going to keep him forever, I think that's obvious.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

This raises an interesting possibility for the future.  I want to believe that the Armorer is still alive -- that she (and possibly she alone) survived the massacre at the Mandalorian covert -- and that she is still out there in the universe, kicking ass and taking names.  But I presume that she is one of the most orthodox of all the Mandalorians since she made a point of asking the two ritual questions (i.e. "Have you ever revealed your face to another living being?" and "Has anyone else removed your helmet for you?") -- thus confirming that that Mando still followed "the way" -- before she fashioned new amour for him.  As such, I wonder what a reunion between the two of them would look like?  I'd love for Mando to have an opportunity to replenish his weapons (a stockpile of whistling birds would be particularly nice).  But IF Mando could find her, and assuming she is still out there making weapons, will she give weapons to a Mandalorian who can no longer truthfully answer "no" to those questions?

I want to believe that the Armorer is still alive too. She is too good a character for her not to return at some point in the future. I think I have the possible "exemption" for Din removing his helmet. When the Armorer tasked him with taking Grogu to his kind, she said to Din, "You are as a father to him." In Episode 4, we learn that "The Way" allows Mandalorians to remove their helmets when with their nuclear family. There exists a father/son relationship between Din and Grogu that I believe would allow Grogu to see his "Dad's" face. The circumstances here are tricky and I actually wondered as the scene was playing out if Din would take Grogu off to the side for a private moment while he removed his helmet, but there wasn't really that opportunity. Luke definitely saw his face, but Din didn't turn around, so as far as we know none of those behind him saw anything but the back of his head. Anyway, regardless of what the Armorer would or wouldn't accept, I took the moment that Din removed his helmet as his full acceptance that Grogu was his son.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

In Episode 4, we learn that "The Way" allows Mandalorians to remove their helmets when with their nuclear family.

Sorry, but I don't remember learning that in the show at all. I've watched episode 4 many times, and all Mando says is that he hasn't shown his face to anyone since he was a child, and if he removes his helmet, he can never put it on again. I really don't think Mando cares that much anymore about what the armorer would think. Most of his tribe is dead, and he seems to have altered his beliefs.

I rewatched this episode again tonight, and when Mando and Boba Fett walk into the bar in the beginning, there is double the jingly spur noise. I thought that was pretty cool. 😆

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

I want to believe that the Armorer is still alive too. She is too good a character for her not to return at some point in the future. I think I have the possible "exemption" for Din removing his helmet. When the Armorer tasked him with taking Grogu to his kind, she said to Din, "You are as a father to him." In Episode 4, we learn that "The Way" allows Mandalorians to remove their helmets when with their nuclear family. There exists a father/son relationship between Din and Grogu that I believe would allow Grogu to see his "Dad's" face. The circumstances here are tricky and I actually wondered as the scene was playing out if Din would take Grogu off to the side for a private moment while he removed his helmet, but there wasn't really that opportunity. Luke definitely saw his face, but Din didn't turn around, so as far as we know none of those behind him saw anything but the back of his head. Anyway, regardless of what the Armorer would or wouldn't accept, I took the moment that Din removed his helmet as his full acceptance that Grogu was his son.

I don’t remember that exception. If anything it seems like they don’t have nuclear families. 

Anyway I hope they don’t come up with an exemption. It reminds me of Mayfeld’s line in the last episode. “I don't know. Seems to me like your rule start to change when you get desperate. I mean, look at ya. You said you couldn't take off your helmet off, and now you got a stormtrooper one on, so what's the rule? Is it you can't take off your Mando helmet, or you can't show your face? 'Cause there is a difference.”

I’d rather they have Din draw his own line rather than continuously move the line on technicalities.  

9 hours ago, magdalene said:

And why was Grogu seemingly written out of the show?  

Grogu has not been written out of the show. Again, it is very, very common for two closely bonded characters in a TV show to go separate ways at the end of a season finale. It's called a cliffhanger. Then the next season (usually in the very first episode) tells the story of their reunion and what they got up to while they were apart. A small time jump between seasons allows both characters to experience new developments (like, for instance, a period of intensive Jedi training) which will drive their stories forward through the new season. Like I keep saying, it's a standard TV trope. Characters going separate ways at the end of a season finale does not mean either one has been written out and certainly doesn't mean the show is over!

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Llywela said:

Grogu has not been written out of the show. Again, it is very, very common for two closely bonded characters in a TV show to go separate ways at the end of a season finale. It's called a cliffhanger. Then the next season (usually in the very first episode) tells the story of their reunion and what they got up to while they were apart. A small time jump between seasons allows both characters to experience new developments (like, for instance, a period of intensive Jedi training) which will drive their stories forward through the new season. Like I keep saying, it's a standard TV trope. Characters going separate ways at the end of a season finale does not mean either one has been written out and certainly doesn't mean the show is over!

Yes. I really don’t even consider this to be a cliffhanger by Star Wars standards. Everyone has all their hands and no one is frozen in carbonite. The time jump between parts two and three where a Jedi padawan masters their abilities is a Star Wars stable. 

10 hours ago, Llywela said:

I agree completely! I cannot believe how many people were disappointed they were separated. That has been Din's entire mission since last season when he saved him in Chapter 3 (I think?). It was a heart breaker for sure, but just one moment in the ongoing plot. I have no doubt at all that they will be reunited next season.

I absolutely loved everything about this episode. Everything. The creepy Dark Troopers, the fierce lady squad, the fight scenes. I was thrilled when the X-Wing showed up and thrilled some more watching a Jedi absolutely kick ass! My mouth dropped open when we realized it was Luke and I started crying when I saw R2 and didn't stop until it was over. I don't want to nit pick any of it or speculate on what's to come. It was a moment of sheer joy to me in a year (and month) that really needed it.

• Love 15

I have to say seeing Luke being a Jedi master was so amazing.

We never saw this period in the SW universe.  He was boy - then a padawan - then his first battle - and then an old hermit.

So it was awesome to see Luke in his prime.

• Love 12

Some of my thoughts..

1) this show did something I never thought possible. It made Boba Fett a fun character for me. I always vacillated between thinking of him as a joke (beaten by a blind man with a stick) or an overhyped Gary Stu (cough cough karen traviss). They showed why he has the reputation he did in universe while still seeming to be well... a person. Kudos 

2) anyone else now have a fan wank that the dark troopers were this timelines Cylons and Bo-Katan was gonna fly into a whirlpool then come back as an angel in season 3? Just me? Okay then...

3) I’ve wanted to see Dark Troopers in official canon since 1995. And despite not doing much they did not disappoint. Unless you’re very good one of them will WRECK YOU. Thankfully they had a Jedi there to help but...

4) a big part of me wished Kyle Katarn would have been the Jedi. But alas no. Maybe one day. but..

5) making it Luke makes sense, and I think even with everyone calling “uncanny valley” I think they did a good job with the de-aging

6) glad they kept Gideon alive. The chance for Giancarlo to return makes me a happy camper especially if he..

7) join up with thrawn for season 3, as a tie in to the Ashoka show maybe? It seems based on the back door pilot he’ll be her main antagonist. Having Gideon and Thrawn together would be... very nice. Especially if they..

8 ) manipulate what seems to be a political power play coming in season 3. The orthodox Din faction using his victory over the wielder of the dark saber to try and make him a leader vs Bo-Katan will be an interesting season while we wait for Din and his true kid reunite, to ride off together in the sunset leaving politics and the Jedi both behind. Even with the wild cards that will be out there, I.e. thrawn (and hopefully Gideon) plus apparently the new crime lord on the block Boba Fett.

all in all, a good season. Using the previous seasons world building in conjunction with the rich backstory of the Star Wars saga in place. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I swear I killed him in Jedi Academy but, apparently he survived my Evil Sith Lady 😂

Oh man.  LAN party multiplayer action with friends in college or online rushing back to me..

4 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

I apparently missed something along the way, as I was so anguished.  Does Mando have a ship to replace the Razor Crest, or is he hitching rides?

IANAL, but I believe interstellar law decrees that once you wipe out a ship’s crew, it’s yours for the taking. So Mando could be jumping into hyper space with Gideon’s light cruiser. 

Edited by Kirbyrun
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

I apparently missed something along the way, as I was so anguished.  Does Mando have a ship to replace the Razor Crest, or is he hitching rides?

He's been travelling with Boba Fett in Boba's ship since losing Razor Crest. We'll have to wait and see how he manages next season - he has just captured a light cruiser, after all, although Bo Katan might want to claim it as her own to help with her quest to reclaim Mandalore.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Babalooie said:

Not yet, technically.

3 hours ago, Kirbyrun said:

IANAL, but I believe interstellar law decrees that once you wipe out a ship’s crew, it’s yours for the taking. So Mando could be jumping into hyper space with Gideon’s light cruiser. 

(What does IANAL mean?)

3 hours ago, Llywela said:

He's been travelling with Boba Fett in Boba's ship since losing Razor Crest. We'll have to wait and see how he manages next season - he has just captured a light cruiser, after all, although Bo Katan might want to claim it as her own to help with her quest to reclaim Mandalore.

Bo Katan asked for the light cruiser as part of her agreement to help Mando rescue Grogu.  From what we know of Mando, he'll honor that agreement and the ship is hers.  Now, there was a wrinkle when he got the Darksaber and not her, and she wants both the ship and Darksaber to retake Mandalore, so...  IMO, they'll travel together for awhile.  He feels guilty and will be trying to convince her to take the Darksaber, and she'll keep the ship but also let him tag along.

As someone else noted above though, he should get the reward money for Moff Gideon's capture, so hopefully he can buy a new ship of his own soon.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
fixed typo
  • Love 4