Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E01: One Million Miles

• Start Topic

Like all of you, I am so thankful this show is back! Especially after the misbegotten season of Big Brother which is currently airing and is now entering its 6th year.

I admit that I love the theme song so much that I may have rewound several times just to hear it again.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Lovecat said:

My mouth fell open in awe.  She runs like a gazelle!  So smooth and efficient.  The greeter was also impressed, but I think maybe his delight over her "form" may have had a slightly different meaning...

Track and Field is huge in the Caribbean. Thousands of people attend Champs, the Jamaican High School Track and Field Championships, and it's the same in other islands. My family actually planned a trip to Jamaica around Champs (and I'm bitter because I had to come back home to go to work. My family met Usain Bolt at Champs).

He was probably commenting on her running form. I know that I was super impressed by it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, hula-la said:

He was probably commenting on her running form. I know that I was super impressed by it.

Quite possible, but I know that my admiration of her running form wasn't enough to eclipse my appreciation of her magnificent bootie!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 10/14/2020 at 10:13 PM, Lantern7 said:

I don't have any clear favoites or villains in the first leg (apologies to @mtlchick; I missed Michelle's moment of ugliness, but I did DVR the episode).  Eswar & Aparna have my heart for telling us they grew up watching the show. Makes me feel old, but at least I know they're diehard fans. Felt bad for the "Noodlers," and I got flashbacks to another "good ole boy" team getting eliminated first (Ryan & Chuck, TAR7).

I concur.

I was excited because I lived in Trinidad for 2 years as a child (now I sound like the Guidos).

The stall was on the EMR in St. Augustine, just down the road from the Exodus panyard.

And for the second year I was there, I lived in St. Augustine!

I was singing along with every line of Day-o--which I know would have helped me do the task.  I wonder if any of them knew it, and if so, were they forbidden from singing along?

Phil was so worried about Hung's faceplant (facedrag?) and he even hugged her and asked about 5 times if she was all right!  

The only other reality contestant I know named Hung was Top Chef season 3 winner Hung Huynh, who is a guy (and Vietnamese-American).  

I like everyone so far, though as usual I gravitate more to some than others.  Liked the NFLers' shirts that said "Cinnamon" and "Sugar" on them.  And their cosplay pix!  

As my son went to a school whose student body was about 2/3 dyslexic/dyscalculic (he was part of the 1/3 who was not) I felt great sympathy for the runner.  Glad she pulled through, but sorry to lose the buds!

• Love 3
On 10/15/2020 at 8:56 AM, Eolivet said:

Decent episode, but I cringed at the volleyball guys. They are literally every "dude bro athlete" team ever, but they hide their dude bro athleticism with beards. Completely unspoiled, but bracing for them to go far.

Out-of-work football players I classify differently, because they're older and presumably retired (and thus out of shape), but can we get one season without a dude bro athletic team? Please?

I know. I was all ready to write them off, but then they appeared shirtless, and I'm all, "Okay, maybe wait a minute... because even with beards, those boys have some nice chests..." Oh my God I am so shallow.

2 hours ago, Kromm said:

It's new, and yet a timewarp to a world I feel like I barely recognize anymore. 

So weird. 

I know. So bloody weird. Day-oooh. One of my earliest memories is singing that damn song in school, namely kindergarten. I still don't remember what the point of that was but there you go

1 minute ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

I know. I was all ready to write them off, but then they appeared shirtless, and I'm all, "Okay, maybe wait a minute... because even with beards, those boys have some nice chests..." Oh my God, I am so shallow.

I know. So bloody weird. Day-oooh. One of my earliest memories is singing that damn song in school, namely kindergarten. I still don't remember what the point of that was but there you go.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

I was singing along with every line of Day-o--which I know would have helped me do the task.  I wonder if any of them knew it, and if so, were they forbidden from singing along?

I thought the same thing -- you didn't so much need good "rhythm," if you knew the song, you knew how it should go. I did hear one of the bearded guys singing to his instructor as they were running to the task (she's laughing as he sings "come mister tally-man, tally me banana"), so at least one of them did know it (and he finished pretty quickly, if I recall correctly).

Also, huzzah for a good, old-fashioned, non-gimmicky race...glad to be back to one of the shows that originally brought me to TWoP a million years ago after a bit of an absence. I missed you, show!

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, tljgator said:

I thought the same thing -- you didn't so much need good "rhythm," if you knew the song, you knew how it should go. I did hear one of the bearded guys singing to his instructor as they were running to the task (she's laughing as he sings "come mister tally-man, tally me banana"), so at least one of them did know it (and he finished pretty quickly, if I recall correctly).

I'd have been looking at the "sheet music" and singing (in the Day-O style), "7 6 6 5 3 3 2 1 2 1 1 3".  Yes, I know those are not the correct notes, but I hope you get my drift.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Maverick said:

The problem with season 8 was less about being set in the US and more about why it was in the US.  Namely, because there were teams of families, many of which with young children.  

One of those families being the horrible horrible Weavers shudder

What I remember most about those cretins was the teen son throwing his fast food drink out the window of their car at a random passerby on the street, and the mom thinking that was hilarious. Ugh, disgusting animals.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Another thing I noticed--I remember back in the TWoP recap days how Miss Alli always noticed the prevalence of certain folks calling their partners "babe;" this time it was the two guys who were doing it rather than an M/F team, which has been less common.

I also felt like this was the season with the most combined relationship-longevity ever, though not going back to do the stats on the other ones. 

Father/son:  known each other 25 years.

4 sets of siblings (I had to double check the bios to make sure the volleyball guys were siblings and not just friends who grew up together)--known each other the younger one of each set's whole life.

Dating guys--bio says met in 2014, so 6 years of friendship-to-relationship. [ETA:  5 when filmed].

NFLers, Catfishers, Olympians, married couple--didn't catch exactly how long they've known each other, but it seems like a nice chunk of years in all cases.  

Didn't catch how long Leo and Alana had known each other, but I'm thinking they have the shortest relationship tenure?

Frank (25), Maddison (29), Alana (29), Aparna (26), and Eswar (24) are the only ones in their 20s.  

I love this cast's stats!

Edited by Jobiska
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I kept staring at Phil thinking that he looked younger than when he did the Tough As Nails (don't know if that's the right title or not).  Anyhoo...I just kept staring at his face and hair and thought, "Man, he looks great!"  Then I find out TAR 32 was filmed in Nov/Dec 2018!!!  Golly gee, two years ago.  So glad to know my mind wasn't playing tricks.  But then again Phil's introduction (when talking about being filmed before COVID), he looked the same as in the show, so I guess my mind played a trick on me after all.  In any event, I'm glad it's back.  So far, I pretty much like all the contestant, but I know that won't last long.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2020 at 10:14 AM, Haleth said:

How many times did those poor spectators and musicians have to listen to the Banana Boat song?

That reminded me of the finale of the previous season in Detroit with the endless repetition of Seven Nation Army. It's got to be demoralizing the more you're hearing the same song over and over and over....

• Love 3

Welcome back TAR. Glad to see this show again, though I fear it may be the last.

As far as the teams go, I was set to dislike the footballers, but then they go and show them cosplaying at Comic Con. Dammit guys, don't make me like you. Conversely, I want to root for the gay couple, but I just can't.

I don't like the sisters that came in second. Well, I don't like the one at least. Not too fond of the brother and sister team either, though I feel like I'm betraying my nerdiness or something. And unlike most, I *like* the beards on the volleyball players, and the men themselves. Hopefully they won't turn to the dark side.

I was also split on the noodling country boys. (Not to be confused with canoodling country boys, which is an entirely different thing. However... ) The country bumpkin mannerism might have gotten a bit irksome if they hung around for a while. They seemed like really nice guys, though, and I was sad to see them go. The rest of the teams are rather forgettable.

I was also happy with most of the show. Thank-goodness for no gimmicks or stunt casting. Though three teams of professional athletes is a bit much. I loved the scenery and the challenges. Unlike many though, I don't like goats, so the "ending" was somewhat of a let down from all the other good stuff. And since it's so close to Halloween, Day-O made me think of Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Congrats, Amazing Race, you broke me. Just over 7 straight months of quarantine and working from home, my only unmasked human contact being with my parents, and before the first real commercial break I was sobbing like a baby! The giddiness, the travel, the groups... YOU BROKE ME!!

I'm not at all a party person, but that Mardi Gras nighttime bacchanalia had me wanting to stuff myself in a feathered bikini, down a fruity drink, and shake my booty all night! (Again, seven months and counting.)

Maybe there was some fudgy editing, but damn did Chee kill that song. Impressive. 

I'm not a football fan, but LOVE the Alien and Predator cosplay.

Man, it's great to have this show back. I hope to make it through the second episode with No More Tears.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 10/16/2020 at 9:07 PM, vousviou said:

That reminded me of the finale of the previous season in Detroit with the endless repetition of Seven Nation Army. It's got to be demoralizing the more you're hearing the same song over and over and over....

Yes, I would say Seven Nation Army would be a bit more demoralizing.  Because Day O is at least a little more up beat, where as Seven Nation Army you have the all consuming bass guitar (Or did they play it marching band style? I do not remember because that episode aired so long ago now.).

Edited by BK1978
Because I knew it was bass guitar and I still put base like the idoit that I am.
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Netfoot said:
16 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

Also I'm completely fine with the show using Day-O for the Road Block.

Was there some objection to this? 

On Twitter there was.  Someone snarked on #AmazingRace that they were doing the most cliche island song possible.  Phil responded to said tweet, bringing up the costs of getting the rights to music.

7k8taid8xbt51.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

In addition to the complexities of music rights, Antonia also seems to be unclear on what dissertation means. I'd say she's prone to hyperbole, but that would probably be challenging too.  Maybe we should start with a simple word like rude

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

Most cliché island song? She obviously never heard "Sly Mongoose", "Mary Ann" or "Yellow Bird".

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

Maybe we should start with a simple word like rude.

Or asshole, even.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Most cliché island song? She obviously never heard "Sly Mongoose", "Mary Ann" or "Yellow Bird".

Or asshole, even.

I had other words in mind, but since I was commenting on her tact I figured I should use some. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Maverick said:

In addition to the complexities of music rights, Antonia also seems to be unclear on what dissertation means. I'd say she's prone to hyperbole, but that would probably be challenging too.  Maybe we should start with a simple word like rude

Several years ago, I was taking an oral communication class which required making presentations.  Having been advised to work on my confidence while speaking, I endeavored to sound knowledgeable and confident during my next presentation.

One of the anonymous feedback slips I got said I sounded "condensending."  I figured if the person couldn't even spell the word, I wasn't too concerned about her opinion.  And I only remember it because I found the irony amusing.

To be honest, I think if people feel that a communication is condescending, it may say more about the hearer's self esteem than it does the original commenter's intent.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/15/2020 at 8:43 PM, chaifan said:

I thought it was sarcasm.  It was clearly a swipe at the "all Asians are child prodigies on musical instruments" stereotype.  I didn't think she was making fun of Chinese, she was making fun of people who lump all Asians together.  My guess is she and her sister have spent their lives saying "we're Vietnamese, not Chinese", since Chinese seems to be the default Asian nationality for white people who can't tell difference.  Anyways, I loved the bit about the mom only having one picture in her wallet. 

There are many people beyond those with European ancestry who mistake those with various ethnic ancestries.

• Love 1

Didn't get to watch until today. I enjoyed the teams and like everyone am so happy to have TAR back. I really liked watching the Olympians run.  That's how you do it!  I'm sure every team is thinking they would never want to be in a sprint with them.  My heart broke for Kellie when she realised that the drums used numbers too. I felt like she took the task hoping to redeem from her struggles with the fish, then was hit with the same type of struggle.  I found myself thinking you're an athlete, use muscle memory.  She really powered through. 

Also loved how DeAngelo's frustration showed but he was still supportive of his teammate. 

Hung hugging Phil when he helped her up was so damn adorable.  Now I want a Phil hug.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Several years ago, I was taking an oral communication class which required making presentations.  Having been advised to work on my confidence while speaking, I endeavored to sound knowledgeable and confident during my next presentation.

One of the anonymous feedback slips I got said I sounded "condensending."  I figured if the person couldn't even spell the word, I wasn't too concerned about her opinion.  And I only remember it because I found the irony amusing.

To be honest, I think if people feel that a communication is condescending, it may say more about the hearer's self esteem than it does the original commenter's intent.

When I was in college years ago I had a speech class as well.  The professors chief feedback was and I quote, "Far too much swearing in your speeches.  This is a classroom not a bar."  That always gets a chuckle out of me.

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, BK1978 said:

"Far too much swearing in your speeches.  This is a classroom not a bar."

I would probably have responded: "Does this mean I'm not getting the rum & Coke I ordered?!? What the fuck, Prof?"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Great premiere!  So happy the show is back.  Phil arching his eyebrow with his hand raised, saying "The world is waiting for you"...  I got happy chills.  

I'm indifferent on most of these teams but the ones I like a lot are the married couple Hung and Chee, the Asian sisters, the volleyball brothers, the Olympians, and the football players.  I'm pretty ambivalent on the gay couple, the blonde sisters, the nerds, the Indian couple, and whoever else I forgot that clearly made a huge impression on me.

I really liked the tasks in this episode.  The fish task was interesting and I liked that there were two parts, look for the correct fish and remember the combination.  The steel drums were cool.  For that lady who was complaining that the song "Day-O" was stereotypical and common, I wonder what she would have suggested instead.  It is a well known song and the beat was slow enough that someone who had never played an instrument before could have followed.  Can you imagine someone having to play the steel drums to the beat of a Caribbean song like "Dollar Wine", which is a steel drum cruise ship staple?

On 10/15/2020 at 12:07 AM, tinkerbell said:

Michelle  said "I'm sorry I messed up and Chee beat me. maybe chinese are better at piano than vietnamese are."  

On 10/15/2020 at 4:15 AM, mojoween said:

Michelle has no tact (but her face when her sister said her mom only has a picture of her in her wallet was so funny) but the editors were not going to miss Michelle saying “Hung probably had to play piano” and then immediately cut to Hung in the boat saying he played piano.

Then she ruined it with her Chinese vs. Vietnamese slander.

I'm willing to give her a chance.  She's racing with her sister, not a friend or a spouse, and I always think I should give siblings more slack in the way they talk to each other, they have a personal relationship that dates back to birth.  I find her funny.  Loved the eyeroll when her sister was talking about how mom only had a picture of her in the wallet.  And appreciated the candor that even though they are sisters, they weren't always particularly close.  I'm hoping they can go far, because this race will be a great bonding experience.

I also don't think anything of the Chinese vs. Vietnamese "slander".  I thought she was clearly making a joke, in the "all look same" vein.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, Maverick said:

The problem with season 8 was less about being set in the US and more about why it was in the US.  Namely, because there were teams of families, many of which with young children.  

I only remember distinctly remember one family with young children, the one with two kids maybe 8 and 10 years old that lost because they couldn't find a red bean in a pile of beans.  I remember being admonished by a certain humorless Miss who told me I shouldn't be making fun of a little boy and a little girl when they cried because they got eliminated.  I think maybe the first family also had young kids but they were gone so quickly.  I thought that the great majority of the rest of the children on this race were at least late teens or were adult children in their early 20s. 

I wouldn't even say the issue with this edition was that they were stuck in the U.S.  I really liked the Linz siblings especially the oldest one.  But that season had some really odious personalities, particular the Weaver mom and the New Jersey Italian mom.

I read that in response to COVID, the Australian version of TAR is sticking to Australia only.  It would be curious to read about whether fans react negatively about the locations in the same way that U.S. audiences reacted to TAR 8.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

Can you imagine someone having to play the steel drums to the beat of a Caribbean song like "Dollar Wine", which is a steel drum cruise ship staple?

Not to mention that many calypsos have lyrics which have a... let us say risque meaning, or double meaning. For example, the word wine in "Dollar Wine" is nothing to do with fermented grape juice!

TPTB would most likely be looking for something family friendly. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Not to mention that many calypsos have lyrics which have a... let us say risque meaning, or double meaning. For example, the word wine in "Dollar Wine" is nothing to do with fermented grape juice!

Oh, definitely.

When my family left Trinidad I, the oldest kid, was not yet ten, and yet all of us happily sang along to our record of "The Mighty Sparrow."  And we knew very well where "The Lizard" went when it ran up under the teacher's dress.  Sparrow's lyrics: Sex, Politics, Carnival, or some combination of the above.  

Dayo was indeed a wise choice.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jobiska said:

And we knew very well where "The Lizard" went when it ran up under the teacher's dress.

LOL! Was just sitting here singing to myself: "Teacher Mildred, where de lizard?" and also "De teacher laughing out, he! he! he! 'cause de lizard ticklin' she!" and from (The Honeymooning Couple): "Now, I ain' no maco. Ask anybody. But two of dem on top? Dis I got ta see!"

Edited by Netfoot
  • LOL 2
On 10/16/2020 at 8:38 AM, sinycalone said:

Agree....it wasn't the "joke" it was her general attitude that I found disagreeable.  Again, it was the first episode...so she could turn out to be fine.

Well, as someone who's mother also majorly favored/was obsessed with a sister rather than me, I can kinda see where that could build a complex.  Fortunately, for me, I was more into animals and music and really didn't care if my mother was involved as much.  My sister, though, grew up with a horrible co-dependant relationship based on love me/leave me alone that never truly went away.  Figures that I was the one that ended up being caretaker for both parents while my siblings moved far away.

• Love 2
On 10/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, HeShallBMySquishy said:

I admit that I love the theme song so much that I may have rewound several times just to hear it again

I always listen in anticipation of the 'BOMP' and say it along... indeed 'tis nice to be back home with this show. I still have a hard time watching it as a weekday show, it never feels right to play my copy until Sunday. So I just finished watching and reading. Feels great!

On 10/16/2020 at 10:42 PM, BK1978 said:

Yes, I would say Seven Nation Army would be a bit more demoralizing.

IIRC there was a musical congregation of something like 1000 for that task wasn't there? I remember I felt for them, as the fun of playing it must have ran out somewhere along the seemingly hundred times they had to play it for the contestants. That beat would really get beaten into your brain in a much less lovely way than humming dayoooo to yourself.

So, being late I will add that I too was more offended by the attitude than by the possibly meant in fun 'piano' comments of Michelle, when she was all superior the entire time about how she was so musically gifted she was going to even add her own flourishes to it. Then she bombed and I was all over it. Maybe that will make her think twice about boasting next time!

I loved too that the football players were cosplay nerds.

I can't handle couples of any type of combo that never once use each other's names, like if you looked on one's driver's liscense one would just say 'Honey' and the other 'Babe'. It's a pet peeve of mine so hearing the one member of the gay couple referring to his mate as 'babe' 8-10 times in an hour, for me, was a little much. I don't remember anyone's name (I'm terrrrible learning names) except that his partner seemingly has no name and I'll just call him 'babe' all season I guess.

I relate to the volleyballer's beards. When I was in HS we couldn't have facial hair or hair that went over our collars in back. After graduation I grew out facial hair I wear to this day. We also as a group averaged zero haircuts and many a pony tail/long hair at our 5 year reunion. Many of us hadn't cut their hair since back before graduation. So, I get it. No foul in my book. Race on!

And yes, I've never heard a person about to run in a race say "We're just going to hang out in the back once things start so we don't get injured trying to..." what, do well?!? Amazing RAAAAACE people!!!

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
On 10/15/2020 at 12:07 AM, tinkerbell said:

Michelle  said "I'm sorry I messed up and Chee beat me. maybe chinese are better at piano than vietnamese are."  

Not gonna lie, but that is a lot better than what I thought she said.

7 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm pretty ambivalent on the gay couple, the blonde sisters, the nerds, the Indian couple, and whoever else I forgot that clearly made a huge impression on me.

Do you mean the Indian siblings?  I get them not making a big impression, but I don't think they should give the wrong impression.

Though including them, it does mean that there are 3 teams of Asian ancestry on this race.  Add in the African-American father and son, the Olympians, and DeAngelo of the NFL team, and that's half of the Racers to start this season that are not white.  I think that might be a first for TAR.  (I've missed several seasons, so I very well could be wrong.)

• Love 5
15 hours ago, blackwing said:

I only remember distinctly remember one family with young children, the one with two kids maybe 8 and 10 years old that lost because they couldn't find a red bean in a pile of beans.  I remember being admonished by a certain humorless Miss who told me I shouldn't be making fun of a little boy and a little girl when they cried because they got eliminated.

If you made fun of the Mighty Clarissa, you deserved to be admonished. She was awesome. Every once in a while I wonder how she is doing.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Do you mean the Indian siblings?  I get them not making a big impression, but I don't think they should give the wrong impression.

Though including them, it does mean that there are 3 teams of Asian ancestry on this race.  Add in the African-American father and son, the Olympians, and DeAngelo of the NFL team, and that's half of the Racers to start this season that are not white.  I think that might be a first for TAR.  (I've missed several seasons, so I very well could be wrong.)

There's an "extra" video on the cbs page that has a fun conversation between the siblings, the runners and gay guys (Will and ...?).  The runners thought the siblings were a couple, because as one of them said "you're both so attractive!", and the siblings thought the runners were about 10 years younger than they are.  (The runners are early/mid 30's.)  The clip is captioned something along the lines of "I'm friends with Olympians". 

On 10/17/2020 at 1:17 AM, SVNBob said:

On Twitter there was.  Someone snarked on #AmazingRace that they were doing the most cliche island song possible.  Phil responded to said tweet, bringing up the costs of getting the rights to music.

7k8taid8xbt51.png

Ok, cool you didn't know Antonia, but why did she have to sound so damn assholey. The only one sounding condescending is her. Good lord hooker, calm down. And Phil's response, there was nothing wrong with either of them. Like he said, focus on what they did correctly and thanked her for watching. Some people just don't need to comment on anything now days because all they are is rude assholes. And that sound, I know from Beetlejuice and hadn't heard it in a long time. So I enjoyed it. 

• Love 4

I think the comment about wanting to be in the back was just making an excuse for being in the back.  Kind of like saying, "We have them just where we want them" when trailing another team in a sporting event.  But probably without the humor.

and speaking of humorless... there are few truer phrases than "A certain humorless Miss" 

Re: Antonia:  don't you just love when someone says something confrontational then suddenly, their feelings are hurt when someone else reciprocates?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

If you made fun of the Mighty Clarissa, you deserved to be admonished. She was awesome.

She certainly was.  But I think it was Carissa, not Clarissa. She would be in her mid twenties by now.

• Love 2

I felt terrible for the Olympian who struggled with two consecutive tasks that revolved around numbers; I was really pulling for them to not come in last because of it. 

I like them overall but they had to know that was going to be an issue going into the race. There are so many challenges that involve counting things and memorizing things. This drum challenge is pretty typical of those types.

10 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

This drum challenge is pretty typical of those types.

I was actually surprised to see the numbers in the drum/pan, I thought they would have to memorize the place on the pan they were supposed to hit. I vaguely remember Nat or Kat saying something about memorizing the placement of her fingers on the -accordian?- rather than learning the notes? maybe not, it's been a while

30 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

I was actually surprised to see the numbers in the drum/pan, I thought they would have to memorize the place on the pan they were supposed to hit. I vaguely remember Nat or Kat saying something about memorizing the placement of her fingers on the -accordian?- rather than learning the notes? maybe not, it's been a while

Nope, that strategy was indeed the Doctors', but their Detour was on a leg during the mid-game (Season 17's second episode in Saint Petersburg, Russia to be exact) in contrast to this premiere's SteelpanBlock.

Edited by Balmafula
On 10/17/2020 at 2:17 AM, SVNBob said:

7k8taid8xbt51.png

Do we have to visit Antonia's page and let her know not to mess with our Phil? I have time today...

• LOL 4
On 10/16/2020 at 11:18 AM, Netfoot said:

Personally, I'd like to see TAR stop in my home country, just... because. I always assumed that would never happen since they would have to enter and exit via the same aeroport. I always figured the circular route was unacceptable. But the trip to TnT has awakened hope yet! Mind you, I can't think of any particularly thrilling or unique local activities they could somehow use as challenges... Barbados has to be the most boring place on earth!

They could fly airplanes!

• Love 2

Yay, it's back!  I couldn't remember whether or not they'd managed to finish filming before the pandemic.

I love them going to Trinidad & Tobago.  (I'd have loved it if All-Night Dwight has been the greeter at the pit stop, but you can't have everything.)

I'm reserving judgement on the teams for the most part, although I was hoping the Hurdlers would be the ones eliminated 'cause they bugged.  And I really wish there hadn't been an elimination at all.  Oh well, Catfish Guys, you seemed pretty okay, and I wish I could've gotten to know you better, but at least you'll get a free vacation wherever AR is keeping eliminated teams this time.