Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

So I get why Jamie might be reluctant to return to that profession, even though she could earn good money. 

If I recall correctly, Jaime stated MANY years ago that the nursing profession was entirely too laborious (pun on her former specialty😊) and resuming her nursing career would NEVER interest her.

I see her more as trying to milk the "influencer" sphere on social media with the many self-induced "dramas" in her life that might be able to be monetized. 

As it stands now, I'm not clear on how they pay their monthly bills (must be HIGH) as who knows how much actual cash they have?  As far as I can tell, their only "income" is this Couples Couch gig that I highly DOUBT pays much.  Even when Jaime had her prize spot on the "after party" MAFS show, I'm not seeing "big bucks" there either.  Doug, as we all know, produces ZERO income so it's all up to Jaime.

• Like 2

So, we have two couples who have been or will be intimate by next week and we have 3 couples (including Mac and Dom) who won't come close, in my opinion. I don't remember who all the couples were last season, but I think they all had sex, didn't they? We know Miguel and Lindy, Mitch and Krysten, Alexis and Justin, Nate and Stacia did, but, oops forgot Morgan and Binh. So 4/5 had sex and they ended with a 0/5 season. I am predicting 1/5 will say yes on Decision Day and I am not sure if they will still be together by the Where are they now? show.

(OK, how pathetic am I that I remembered all the names from last season? Unless I have mixed them with other seasons - that would be OK.)

• LOL 4
On 3/23/2023 at 7:11 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Also gross, Jamie showing off her pubic hair stubble. 
Jamie at pool Instagram

I agree about the sick son, but I don't care about anyone's pubes showing. It still annoys me that women are expected to shave everywhere, but on men, it's all good. Yes, more men are waxing, but it's not necessary.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree about the sick son, but I don't care about anyone's pubes showing. It still annoys me that women are expected to shave everywhere, but on men, it's all good. Yes, more men are waxing, but it's not necessary.

It’s not that it bothers me, it’s that she posts a stupid reel about it. Couldn’t care less irl. 

• Like 6

https://ourteentrends.com/2023/03/married-at-first-sight-16-spoilers-jasmine-makes-a-dramatic-change-did-she-do-it-for-herself/amp/

I don't remember if this was posted already.

MAFS-5.thumb.png.4ab4680490a480ce2377671fe42d94a4.png

But, it looks like Jasmine got her teeth done. Good for her. I hope she did it for herself & not for all the mean things people said about her.

Also, I always kinda thought her jobs as cheerleading coach & dog breeder probably didn't have health insurance, so maybe it was something she couldn't really afford.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

https://ourteentrends.com/2023/03/married-at-first-sight-16-spoilers-jasmine-makes-a-dramatic-change-did-she-do-it-for-herself/amp/

I don't remember if this was posted already.

MAFS-5.thumb.png.4ab4680490a480ce2377671fe42d94a4.png

But, it looks like Jasmine got her teeth done. Good for her. I hope she did it for herself & not for all the mean things people said about her.

Also, I always kinda thought her jobs as cheerleading coach & dog breeder probably didn't have health insurance, so maybe it was something she couldn't really afford.

i guess the money from the show went to a good cause then - she looks more confident and lovely with her smile

nice to see she's still hanging out with nicole

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

They were such a toxic couple.  They're probably better off getting divorced.

One interesting thing is that Jaimie said they were in a great place until they moved back to North Carolina from Santa Barbara for a lower cost of living.

I remember that Beth's dad was very oddly possessive of her, so I wonder if that played a factor.

I think she has left and been gone for about a month.

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Yeah, that dad was really strange and their relationship was extremely cringey, especially given how obnoxious Beth was.

I think originally he gave Beth a BS Nepo Baby job in his company and she showed up whenever she wanted.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

They were such a toxic couple.  They're probably better off getting divorced.

They are full of surprises. I was surprised they said yes on decision day and surprised that they lasted as long as they did. Now I'm surprised how civil his comments are and the fact that she has not commented at all. 

• Like 13
40 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

They are full of surprises. I was surprised they said yes on decision day and surprised that they lasted as long as they did. Now I'm surprised how civil his comments are and the fact that she has not commented at all. 

I think she might be a little embarrassed because she wrote a gushing post about their 4th year anniversary.

She should not be embarrassed because marriage is hard.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Cramps said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they got back together. Jamie seemed sad. And Beth is so volatile… I’ve actually always liked them. I hope they work it out. 

I also note that not too long ago, both were discussing having a child.  From some video clip that I saw, Jamie was lamenting that he's 39 and mentioning not being too old to be a father at his age or even when he's older.

Maybe that's something they might reach a decision about should they ever consider getting back together.  I think that will happen.

• Like 3
On 4/24/2023 at 3:03 PM, qtpye said:

One interesting thing is that Jaimie said they were in a great place until they moved back to North Carolina from Santa Barbara for a lower cost of living.

I remember that Beth's dad was very oddly possessive of her, so I wonder if that played a factor.

I think she has left and been gone for about a month.

He also said being snowed in together in Colorado took toll.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
21 hours ago, Cramps said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they got back together. Jamie seemed sad. And Beth is so volatile… I’ve actually always liked them. I hope they work it out. 

Me too, I'm very sorry to hear this news.  I was hoping they would continue to surprise us and beat the odds.  I wonder if issues over having children strained things between them.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I wonder if issues over having children strained things between them.  

IIRC, they both said they wanted kids when they applied to be on the show, but then admitted they'd both lied and neither wanted kids.  But then after a while they were both thinking they did want kids.  All of which makes me think neither should have kids, regardless of what they think they want.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

IIRC, they both said they wanted kids when they applied to be on the show, but then admitted they'd both lied and neither wanted kids.  But then after a while they were both thinking they did want kids.  All of which makes me think neither should have kids, regardless of what they think they want.

Yeah, I remember that.  I wonder if they kept changing their minds and in the end weren't on the same page about it.  Or maybe they tried to conceive and it didn't happen so it caused an issue between them.

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

IRC, they both said they wanted kids when they applied to be on the show, but then admitted they'd both lied and neither wanted kids.  But then after a while they were both thinking they did want kids.  All of which makes me think neither should have kids, regardless of what they think they want.

I remember thinking, "Wow, this assholes deserve each other" when I found out they both lied about something as important as having kids.

It meant that they were more worried about getting picked for a show than actually having a good marriage.

Of course, that describes most of the people who are on MAFS.

• Like 10
On 4/27/2023 at 5:36 AM, Yeah No said:

Me too, I'm very sorry to hear this news.  I was hoping they would continue to surprise us and beat the odds. 

Yeah this one bummed me out, maybe more than any other couple other than Jason and Courtney. This couple is so weird - I was shocked when they said yes on D-day, I was shocked when they seemed happy together and now I'm shocked that they are getting divorced!

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Yeah this one bummed me out, maybe more than any other couple other than Jason and Courtney. This couple is so weird - I was shocked when they said yes on D-day, I was shocked when they seemed happy together and now I'm shocked that they are getting divorced!

It was kind of romantic how their love made no sense but they seemed to beat the odds.

I do wonder if Beth was really into it.

I hope she did not stay in the relationship just in the hopes of being a social media star and bailed when it was obvious that would not happen.

This is the wrong show for that.

Who knows...maybe they will get back together. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It was kind of romantic how their love made no sense but they seemed to beat the odds.

I do wonder if Beth was really into it.

I hope she did not stay in the relationship just in the hopes of being a social media star and bailed when it was obvious that would not happen.

This is the wrong show for that.

Who knows...maybe they will get back together. 

I followed them both on social media and they really did seem like a happy odd couple. But the flip flopping on kids, the constant moving around.....I don't know what was going on there. I think Jamie made good enough money to support whatever social media nonsense she was into. But still, it's a bummer to see one of the show's actual (unlikely) successes end.

I must say, I have been watching this show since the very first season, and this is the first season ever that I watched not one minute, not even the weddings. I still check in here once in a while to see if I'm missing anything and none of the comments make me miss it. I am so annoyed at the mess this show has become....

• Like 5

I don't follow any of them on social media so I don't really know but as mixed as my feelings were for Beth, I thought she seemed genuine. I think she really did want to find romance and I can definitely see where the conventional dating scene would be challenging for her. I thought they were mismatched, was shocked they said yes on decision day and was further shocked that they stayed together as long as they did and seemed as happy as they did. I did believe Jamie when he said in his videos that they loved one another. Who knows - maybe I shouldn't be surprised if they get back together? Or shocked if they stay apart? Maybe I should cease to be shocked by anything that happens with them? They are predictable in their unpredictability.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

As much as Beth and Jamie clashed, they seemed to have real chemistry and I also believe they were genuine.  In fact, I would say they were more “real” than Shawniece and Jephte.  S & J seem so sad and in a constant struggle.  

• Like 4

I was good that they were married, because both of them would be a pain in the arse if they'd married someone else.  So, I hope they get back together to spare anyone else from their toxicity.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 5/3/2023 at 10:58 PM, kristen111 said:

The day she flipped that coffee table, I knew it wouldn’t last.  She had some bad temper.  A spoiled brat.

Am I the only one who believes that scene was scripted by the producers? There's a moment before the table flip where she looks at the camera. Seemed totally fake to me.

I didn't hate them or love them, just meh. Too bad about the divorce, I guess.

• Like 2
On 5/24/2023 at 8:52 PM, kikicat said:

Am I the only one who believes that scene was scripted by the producers? There's a moment before the table flip where she looks at the camera. Seemed totally fake to me.

More scripted than him calling her a c*** anyway 😄

• LOL 1

I'm watching old episodes on some streaming channel and between episodes there was a short thing of snippets of applicants saying various things.  I was thinking they were all rejects, but then I recognized Mark the Shark and Greg with the double ovens.  And I recognize this person but can't place her.  I'm almost positive she's been on a reality show but not this one.  Anybody know who this is?

Who Is This.jpg

Saw Shawniece & Jephte on Sherri. She sure gave the "highlights" of their story, making it sound ok. Nothing about after the experiment, like him having sex with others while she was pregnant. I'm shocked they're still sticking together. I haven't watched the other shows with them. Only saw a clip of her giving back her ring & him complaining about not having more kids. Their communication is probably still poor & they're settling until they finally give up. He probably wants to do a Nick Cannon since he wants so many kids.

• Like 3

Such very bad news:

MAFS is saying that this season is going to continue until July 19th!  6/21 and 28 are reunion, 7/5 where are they now, 7/12 "The Tea From A - Z" (who cares) and then 7/19, "A Look Back Nashville" (again, who cares).  

How can we possibly LOOK BACK at Nashville when we have never left????

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
On 6/19/2023 at 1:40 AM, Lindz said:

I haven't watched the other shows with them.

I think they stayed together for any monetary benefit or advantage they reap from it. 

I wonder if they're still in that same Rhode Island apt where they've been for years. 

She made a big fuss over expanding their family a few yrs ago when they "reconciled" but I believe nothing has ever come of that.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I think they stayed together for any monetary benefit or advantage they reap from it. 

I wonder if they're still in that same Rhode Island apt where they've been for years. 

She made a big fuss over expanding their family a few yrs ago when they "reconciled" but I believe nothing has ever come of that.

I haven’t watched everything w/ them on, but I remember it the opposite.  Jephte was pushing having more kids and she pushed for more time so she could get her biz off the ground, get breast enhancement surgery, give Laura more time to feel special, etc.  I was very much on her side bc as much as Jephte talked a big game about being kid focused, he dumped a LOT on Shawniece.  The eps I watched showed him ducking out a fair amount, leaving most of the household work to Shawniece (which is hard to judge bc they were never really clear about who was working outside the home more, but it was implied Shawniece had very little time to work on her wig biz ‘cause she was basically living like a single parent with hardly any help), and passing Laura off to Shawniece frequently.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I haven’t watched everything w/ them on, but I remember it the opposite.  Jephte was pushing having more kids and she pushed for more time so she could get her biz off the ground, get breast enhancement surgery, give Laura more time to feel special, etc.  I was very much on her side bc as much as Jephte talked a big game about being kid focused, he dumped a LOT on Shawniece.  The eps I watched showed him ducking out a fair amount, leaving most of the household work to Shawniece (which is hard to judge bc they were never really clear about who was working outside the home more, but it was implied Shawniece had very little time to work on her wig biz ‘cause she was basically living like a single parent with hardly any help), and passing Laura off to Shawniece frequently.

Same. 
And didn’t he cheat on her multiple times?  I swear they were divorcing at some point.  
They remind me of Jamie and Elizabeth with the off and on ad nauseum of their relationship. 

• Like 5

Before this latest "Where Are They Now"  I do remember them breaking up on the last episode of the Couples follow-up show that I can't remember the name of.  I give them credit for continuing to try, and that Laura is adorable!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Same. 
And didn’t he cheat on her multiple times?  I swear they were divorcing at some point.  
They remind me of Jamie and Elizabeth with the off and on ad nauseum of their relationship. 

They actually remind me more of Doug and Jamie who I thought stayed together mainly for the MAFS perks.

However, Jamie lost the aftershow and they are still together...so I guess that's good (at least for the kids).

Laura is a cutie.

• Like 4

I figured it out!  The woman in the photo I posted is Gabby, who was a combatant on The Bachelor and lost and became the bachelorette. 

As far as I know, she went to college in Colorado Springs and moved to Denver after that, working as a nurse and a Broncos cheerleader.  So which season was she applying for? 

I smell bogosity.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)

I watched Gabby on The Bachelor and her own season as the co-Bachelorette.  

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that's her.

That girl doesn't look familiar to me, but I do know that many of these contestants apply for many different shows.

Gabby Windey:

the-bachelor-gabby.jpg

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 3

I’m just glad that Jepthe and Shawniece haven’t had any more kids despite his insistence they do. Their relationship is too rocky and the stress might be too much and Laura negatively affected.  She’s a sweetie.  

• Like 8

This is a long YouTube interview. But, Justin Hall has come out publicly confirming that he has Klinefelter syndrome, a rare genetic condition where a man has an extra chromosome. He is XXY. The condition is treated with testosterone shots every 2 weeks; for his age, his testoterone level should have been in the 800 range, his was in the 50s. He says it is legally a disability & causes him to be forgetful, slow to learn & emotionally irratic. It also made him very tall, lean, have man-boobs (his words), lack body hair except under his arms, and be infertile.

Interestingly, I first read about this in the comment section for a YouTube episode review. I thought the description sounded spot on. Justin says someone DMed him about it but he dismissed it. His new girlfriend is in the medical field, asked him to have his testoterone checked, which led to his diagnosis.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 11