Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 11/9/2023 at 10:35 AM, Crashcourse said:

They look like twins.

It's the noses. I hope they are happy together. Gotta be some happiness amongst all the bs lol

8 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Further spoilers regarding Lauren and Orion: their marriage doesn't last past the honeymoon, and they don't end up moving in together.

Where would she get the time to cheat?.... 🤔

• Like 1
10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Further spoilers regarding Lauren and Orion: their marriage doesn't last past the honeymoon, and they don't end up moving in together. Boy, talk about crash and burn. I thought they were one of the better-matched couples at first. I wonder if this outcome is what pushed the experts to bring in Chloe for Michael. Otherwise they're down from 5 to 3 couples before the season barely gets going.

Actually, I'm not at all surprised.  They both were so focused on their culture and heritage, but I didn't think they were that attracted to each other.  

• Like 4

But, from what we saw in the previews, Lauren said she slept with someone 2 months ago and that totally broke Orion and he said that sex was off the table. Why? Don't they usually get something like 2 weeks notice that they have been picked for the show? Why wouldn't she be living her life if she had no idea that she was going to be married to a stranger? I am not sure how he will explain his reaction - as far as I am concerned, there was no cheating. She didn't even know OF him, much less know him, when she slept with someone.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

Why would she even mention that she slept with someone 2 months ago?

Both Lauren and Orion want to show how "enlightened" they are, and I find both of them to be exhausting.  They're like two older graduate students in sociology class.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

But, from what we saw in the previews, Lauren said she slept with someone 2 months ago and that totally broke Orion and he said that sex was off the table. Why? Don't they usually get something like 2 weeks notice that they have been picked for the show? Why wouldn't she be living her life if she had no idea that she was going to be married to a stranger? I am not sure how he will explain his reaction - as far as I am concerned, there was no cheating. She didn't even know OF him, much less know him, when she slept with someone.

Yeah, it's a bit of a mystery right now. If it really is the fact that she slept with someone 2 months ago, I don't see how it's relevant. There are rumors that she slept with one of the production team, but that is unconfirmed. Someone supposedly did get fired for fooling around, but it's not certain whether it was Lauren and him hooking up, or something completely unrelated.

Also, I should say, I'm not positive whether they move in together or not, but divorce is coming up quickly either way.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I had read that not only do they not move in together, they are done before the honeymoon is over. The production team person makes more sense, so we will have to see. It's weird all the kissing they do, when all they seem to do is talk about serious things. When is there time for romance and kissing? They are a strange couple. If this is true, then they are down to three couples - no wonder they bring Michael back with a new selection.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 11/3/2023 at 9:07 PM, qtpye said:

Orion is such a sweetheart.

It kind of breaks my heart that he will be cheated on.

He was so pleased with his bride's beauty and personality or at least that is what it seems like according to the previews.

I like Orion's quirkiness, but I truly didn't believe in their "chemistry". Their discussions were too cerebral and I felt like they were just plugging in commentary, while keeping each other away at arm's length.

• Like 8
On 11/8/2023 at 10:31 PM, gingerandcloves said:

On a happier note, Steve and Mindy have been dating for a hot minute - they make a cute couple! They recently went to Mexico for Mindy's birthday, and also visited a wild animal safari in San Diego.

Screenshot_2023-11-08-22-23-09-161~2.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-08-22-21-34-542~2.jpg

I'm glad they are enjoying their lives together, they were both favourites for me and were both paired with poor partners in their seasons.  They do look happy!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On Afterparty Orion mentioned a production assistant had him take a break from the redskin conversation, and he ended up needing a 2.5 hour break.   I’m wondering if this is the same PA implicated in the Lauren rumors.   I can kinda see how she might bond with a PA in that scenario especially if the PA took her side.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

On Afterparty Orion mentioned a production assistant had him take a break from the redskin conversation, and he ended up needing a 2.5 hour break.   I’m wondering if this is the same PA implicated in the Lauren rumors.   I can kinda see how she might bond with a PA in that scenario especially if the PA took her side.   

Haha I'd love it! Mess around and find out, Orion 😄

• LOL 2
On 11/16/2023 at 4:06 PM, Crashcourse said:

Both Lauren and Orion want to show how "enlightened" they are, and I find both of them to be exhausting.  They're like two older graduate students in sociology class.

Man, you just keep pulling these thoughts right outta my head!

Unfortunately It's very hard to live up to being as "enlightened" as they want to come off.  The two are walking a tightrope with each other.  Lauren was either trying too hard and stuck her foot in her mouth with that "redskin" comment or she was trying to lighten the mood with a joke, but unfortunately Orion was unable to get over himself enough to see the humor in it.

• Like 8
23 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Unfortunately It's very hard to live up to being as "enlightened" as they want to come off.  The two are walking a tightrope with each other.  Lauren was either trying too hard and stuck her foot in her mouth with that "redskin" comment or she was trying to lighten the mood with a joke, but unfortunately Orion was unable to get over himself enough to see the humor in it.

if you consider a term to be demeaning to your culture, why woud you see humor in it?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

2 hours ago, cinsays said:

if you consider a term to be demeaning to your culture, why woud you see humor in it?

I think you both make valid points.

It really drives home how these two people are definitely not meant to be together.

• Like 8
17 hours ago, cinsays said:

If he understood the spirit in which it was intended he might.  I think she was using the term in the literal sense, not in any demeaning way especially if she didn't understand the connotations the word had for him.  I just think he should have given her the benefit of any doubt there.  She would have no reason to want to demean him in any way.  If he's supposedly that good at spotting ignorance he should have at least chalked it up to that.  But he's so primed to take offense at everything he couldn't do that.  I personally have a pet peeve with people that take offense at every little thing even when it's not intended offensively.  He needs to get over himself.  

As an example, I personally feel that the depiction of Italian Americans in shows like "Jersey Shore" and "The Sopranos" negatively stereotypes my culture and encourages prejudice against Italian Americans in some people, but my husband LOVES the Sopranos.  I understand that he doesn't let it stereotype his view of Italian Americans and takes it as an example of only those people on the screen.  So I give him the benefit of the doubt, obviously.  And I probably would have if he and I just met, too.  I don't automatically jump to the most negative conclusion about stuff like this.  Get to know the person and where they're coming from first before you get your knickers in a twist over it.  And my husband has even shown me scenes from "The Sopranos" that I have found funny.  But I'm a different kind of person than Orion, obviously.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/21/2023 at 9:54 AM, cinsays said:

if you consider a term to be demeaning to your culture, why would you see humor in it?

If the term is obsolete, why would you bring it up and expect her to understand what you were talking about and then take offense when she doesn't?  She brought up the term that's demeaning to her culture, and when he said he has used it by singing song lyrics she was understanding.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

If the term is obsolete,

It's not obsolete.

I do think that Orion could and should have handled the situation much better and after he slut-shamed Lauren this week, I have really come to dislike him. But since he lives the life of a Native American every day and I have no way of knowing what that experience is, I'm not going to judge him for finding the term offensive.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I do think that Orion could and should have handled the situation much better and after he slut-shamed Lauren this week, I have really come to dislike him. But since he lives the life of a Native American every day and I have no way of knowing what that experience is, I'm not going to judge him for finding the term offensive.

Nope, I won't judge his feelings either.  But like I said in the episode thread, even if he justified in feeling the way he does in general, I can still judge his treatment of Lauren which I think is unfair on both this and the other issue.

• Like 9

With regard to Orion. If I just married someone, and they made a comment that was extremely prejudiced against people of my background, I too would have a lot of trouble reconciling that, even if they did it out of ignorance. With new friends, I use those situations as an opportunity for education, which he actually got to do for the whole audience. But knowing it’s my new spouse, whom I know very little about, would be tough. 

That being said…if the person genuinely said it out of ignorance, and had a good heart, I would tread cautiously, but give them some grace about it. 

He was still really angry about it on the aftershow and Keisha spoke to him about intentions and grace. 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Cramps said:

With regard to Orion. If I just married someone, and they made a comment that was extremely prejudiced against people of my background, I too would have a lot of trouble reconciling that, even if they did it out of ignorance. With new friends, I use those situations as an opportunity for education, which he actually got to do for the whole audience. But knowing it’s my new spouse, whom I know very little about, would be tough. 

That being said…if the person genuinely said it out of ignorance, and had a good heart, I would tread cautiously, but give them some grace about it. 

He was still really angry about it on the aftershow and Keisha spoke to him about intentions and grace. 

yeah, but they seemed to be doing ok the next episode 'til she started discussing her sexual preferences and i think that conversation should have been had in private

• Like 3
On 11/28/2023 at 3:32 PM, Cramps said:

With regard to Orion. If I just married someone, and they made a comment that was extremely prejudiced against people of my background, I too would have a lot of trouble reconciling that, even if they did it out of ignorance.

If she had, but she didn't.  The fact that he is acting like she did doesn't make it so.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Iris, the cast member who was (and apparently still is) a virgin, and Amber, the clingy woman who was married to the basketball player, are both engaged.

Iris is still a stunner. I guess barely-literate Matt finally managed to put an X on the divorce papers where his signature was supposed to go. Good for Amber. I didn't love her but she had one of the worst "marriages" in MAFS history and I'm glad she found happiness. Good luck to them all.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 12/14/2023 at 3:29 PM, Empress1 said:

Iris, the cast member who was (and apparently still is) a virgin, and Amber, the clingy woman who was married to the basketball player, are both engaged.

I’m not the universe-appointed decider on these things but calling someone a virgin who —by her own admission — was experienced with BJ’s seems a stretch. Iris seems almost pathologically identified with that label 🙄. I’ll never forget her mother saying he’s fine, you’re married, jump him!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, thatsall said:

I’m not the universe-appointed decider on these things but calling someone a virgin who —by her own admission — was experienced with BJ’s seems a stretch. Iris seems almost pathologically identified with that label 🙄. I’ll never forget her mother saying he’s fine, you’re married, jump him!

She's for sure a handful.  Hope he's prepared and not disappointed.  I wouldn't trust her to get over that so easily but whatever. 🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 12/14/2023 at 4:29 PM, Empress1 said:

From that interview

"She continues: “I could not, for the life of me, wrap my brain around why America was so invested in my sex life and choice to remain a virgin!"

Well, she made SUCH a big deal about it.  Going up to her new MIL talking about the meaning of her pure white dress.  The announcement to her husband.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
On 12/17/2023 at 1:14 AM, thatsall said:

I might be weird but I think it is bizarre that people so easily cuddle up with a stranger on this show.

I can not cuddle with someone unless I trust them to some degree.

This is one of the many reasons that I would have made a terrible candidate for the show.

• Like 8
On 12/19/2023 at 7:34 AM, Crashcourse said:

We wouldn't have known about her virginity if she hadn't brought it up.

So SHUT UP, Iris.

Yes, please shut up about it. Though to be fair, the producers likely coaxed her to harp on it since it was her storyline. Her overall immaturity and attitude *about* her virginity (as I see it, the byproduct of her hyper-religiosity) made her utterly unappealing on so many levels. I'm not sure how Keith was such a good sport all those weeks.

• Like 7
15 hours ago, Retired at last said:

That's interesting. I didn't watch the Golden Bachelor, since I have never watched one of those shows, but I might take a look at this one.

Spoiler: it was just as messy as the young folks, lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
16 hours ago, Retired at last said:

That's interesting. I didn't watch the Golden Bachelor, since I have never watched one of those shows, but I might take a look at this one.

Me neither although I was curious about it.  I will watch this, though.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 9/13/2023 at 6:03 PM, NowVoyager said:

Screenshot_20230913_110304_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a280219bd1ce51599cdd3799ea1ccf89.jpg

Screenshot_20230913_110414_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d9d149552bcf0f83d3d84bf46a40c1da.jpg

Screenshot_20230913_110513_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ea5210c8a0067f6b8a75fe56b138a84e.jpg

Screenshot_20230913_110559_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230913_110645_Instagram.thumb.jpg.08c558bdf89e3b1b403306d58fa3afd4.jpg

Sorry to reply to this so late but I was under the impression that we never saw or heard about Michael's bride who left at the altar, the show did everything possible to keep her unseen. Is that her? Because I listen to RHAP podcasts and they have said she is nowhere to be found. I'd appreciate it if you had any info about this matter :)

Edit to add: nvm I saw in a later post that Chloe is the second bride for Michael and not the disappearing bride. Sorry :P

Edited by SummerDreams
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

At least in Arizona, MAFS is on at the usual time for 90 minutes, followed by the new Prison Brides show for an hour, and THEN the 30-minute Afterparty. I had seen ads for the new show and wondered how they were going to start them on Wednesday night. I am not sure if this will be the same across time zones, but just thought I would mention it.

• Like 4

Just watched last night’s after party show. Brennan said Emily got drunk and tried to rip down his shower curtain to get in the shower with him and then climbed on him in bed and almost smothered him. Yikes!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Just watched last night’s after party show. Brennan said Emily got drunk and tried to rip down his shower curtain to get in the shower with him and then climbed on him in bed and almost smothered him. Yikes!

Dang, that almost sounds like assault.

I would have ended my MAFS experience, immediately, but I guess he wants that paycheck or can't back out of his contract.

• Sad 3