Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Dang, that almost sounds like assault.

I would have ended my MAFS experience, immediately, but I guess he wants that paycheck or can't back out of his contract.

Yup. It's one of those "if the situation were reversed and he had been drunk and pulled down the shower curtain, we would call it attempted assault." 

Brennan has said that he thinks marriage is forever so at least he's not a hypocrite on that front. If he feels safe, I'd have to give him credit for seeing things through for the full time. All these people bailing early are driving me nuts.

• Like 5
On 1/11/2024 at 7:06 PM, Elizzikra said:

Yup. It's one of those "if the situation were reversed and he had been drunk and pulled down the shower curtain, we would call it attempted assault." 

Brennan has said that he thinks marriage is forever so at least he's not a hypocrite on that front. If he feels safe, I'd have to give him credit for seeing things through for the full time. All these people bailing early are driving me nuts.

If this turns out to be true...I might no longer be able to hate/watch this show.

• Like 2

I don’t know where to post this but it’s been nagging me...

… earlier this season, when they were showing clips from upcoming episodes, there was one of what looked like a couple or maybe the group riding snowmobiles. Someone ended up on a backboard with a bleeding head wound, being loaded into an ambulance (I thought it was either Clare or Emily). We haven’t seen that yet, have we? Did I somehow miss it? If not, when is it coming?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don’t know where to post this but it’s been nagging me...

… earlier this season, when they were showing clips from upcoming episodes, there was one of what looked like a couple or maybe the group riding snowmobiles. Someone ended up on a backboard with a bleeding head wound, being loaded into an ambulance (I thought it was either Clare or Emily). We haven’t seen that yet, have we? Did I somehow miss it? If not, when is it coming?

This might answer your question:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Thanks for this.  I'm not one of those that thought her injury was fake even though there were some references beforehand as to her accident prone nature that made me a bit suspicious.  I always thought the blood looked real.  I've had injuries with fresh red blood like that before.  It's that red when it's fresh.  It only gets darker with time and oxidation - like in this photo for example.

• Like 6

I am not sure where I read this, but I read that Michael was recruited from California and moved to Denver for the show. If so, it would explain why his look works in LA, but not so much in Denver. If that is true, I wonder if the show moved him or if he had to pay for that himself. Also, they have to go outside the state they are filming in now to get people to agree to appear on this horrible show?

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
55 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I am not sure where I read this, but I read that Michael was recruited from California and moved to Denver for the show. If so, it would explain why his look works in LA, but not so much in Denver. If that is true, I wonder if the show moved him or if he had to pay for that himself. Also, they have to go outside the state they are filming in now to get people to agree to appear on this horrible show?

well, i'd like to see that article

i can't imagine anyone moving to be on this crappy show

and those contestants that say they have never seen the show are all lying

• Like 3
1 minute ago, cinsays said:

I was pretty sure that one of the guys last season (I think) had moved to be on the show. The one who was living in his parents’ friends’ basement? I think he moved back right after the divorce.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, cinsays said:

10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I was pretty sure that one of the guys last season (I think) had moved to be on the show. The one who was living in his parents’ friends’ basement? I think he moved back right after the divorce.

Yes, he lived in his female best friend's parent's basement but supposedly owned a marijuana business in Michigan.

That is a strange sentence I just wrote...

• LOL 10
12 hours ago, cinsays said:

Some people just really really want to be on tv!  Those of us without those urges will never understand it 🤷‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Yes, that would explain a lot.  I figured that was a former look from when he lived in LA.  It explains why his look is much more toned down on the Afterparty.  I can never wrap my mind around why they have to recruit men from other states to be on this show.  I'm sure they still get plenty of applicants.  I think they saw his look and thought he would make for reality TV gold.  An out-there look with a conventional looking woman.  They want to set up a potential train wreck.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
21 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yes, that would explain a lot.  I figured that was a former look from when he lived in LA.  It explains why his look is much more toned down on the Afterparty.  I can never wrap my mind around why they have to recruit men from other states to be on this show.  I'm sure they still get plenty of applicants.  I think they saw his look and thought he would make for reality TV gold.  An out-there look with a conventional looking woman.  They want to set up a potential train wreck.  

Can't they just do a MAFS in LA?  I know the previous guy was from Michigan, which may not have the city vibe they. re going for, but LA? Come on 😄

• Like 1
(edited)

I don't know if they have done one from LA before, but with all their crazy taxes (and people), maybe it would be too expensive to film, plus rent several apartments? Can you imagine an entire show of Michaels?

ETA - I just read an update from MAFSFan and it was stated that Becca and Austin announce that they WILL STAY MARRIED ON D DAY, BUT THEN SPLIT 2 WEEKS LATER. So, either they got paid a lot to do that, or maybe they had sex???

Edited by Retired at last
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8

They probably agreed to say Yes on Decision Day to look good on camera, knowing they'd split up soon after. 

Names escape me right now, but I suspect other couples have done this, too. 

• Like 8
On 2/21/2024 at 10:49 AM, Retired at last said:

ETA - I just read an update from MAFSFan and it was stated that Becca and Austin announce that they WILL STAY MARRIED ON D DAY, BUT THEN SPLIT 2 WEEKS LATER. So, either they got paid a lot to do that, or maybe they had sex???

Haha if they had sex and then Becca ran like the wind then we will know why Austin puts it off for so long! 😃

• LOL 6
On 2/21/2024 at 10:49 AM, Retired at last said:

Or maybe they didn't have sex and that's why they split.

• Like 3

I remember the early episode when Becca visited Austin’s home and he said that after the show he wanted to continue living in their own apartments and Becca was all uhhhh, we’re married?!?! I bet even if they stayed married, he ran back home with his roommate and was even more distant—now both emotionally and physically—from Becca.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

I've always suspected they have avoided an LA season because they're worried they will be overrun with aspiring actors, singers and models looking for airtime. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I've always suspected they have avoided an LA season because they're worried they will be overrun with aspiring actors, singers and models looking for airtime. 

Evidently that’s cause for concern everywhere…

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Evidently that’s cause for concern everywhere…

Exactly. Replace "models, actors, singers" with "influencers."

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I am sorry that I don't remember where I saw this, but there is a spoiler out there that said that Austin has/had a girlfriend before the show and that he plans to be with her after the show, so that is why he has not been intimate with Becca. I am not sure why he would come on the show, if that is true, but if he was looking for clicks and influencer recognition post-show, I am not sure how well he is being portrayed.

• Useful 8
14 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I am sorry that I don't remember where I saw this, but there is a spoiler out there that said that Austin has/had a girlfriend before the show and that he plans to be with her after the show, so that is why he has not been intimate with Becca. I am not sure why he would come on the show, if that is true, but if he was looking for clicks and influencer recognition post-show, I am not sure how well he is being portrayed.

Don't worry about that. Even convicted criminals have their dedicated fans.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2
On 3/2/2024 at 12:03 PM, ByTor said:

Exactly. Replace "models, actors, singers" with "influencers."

Exactly. Replace "models, actors, singers" with "influencers."  "broke ass desperate people who have no desire to be married, let alone to a stranger".

Fixed that for you.

Sadly, calling these people "influencers" or wanna-be influencers might be far too kind.

8 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

Don't worry about that. Even convicted criminals have their dedicated fans.

I'm guessing those criminals are far more interesting than this batch of weirdos.

I originally thought Becca was nice, but for the love of God woman, have a little pride.

There is no reason to be simping for this guy.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I wonder if that's the same thing that @Gator Stud was hinting at in the episode thread.  I couldn't find anything online on it but I'm struggling to find a search phrase that would bring it up.

That wouldn't surprise me if it's true given the way Austin is acting.  And it would still be despicable and make him a dirt bag in my opinion.

4 hours ago, qtpye said:

I originally thought Becca was nice, but for the love of God woman, have a little pride.

There is no reason to be simping for this guy.

I know.  I can relate though, having been royally lead on by a guy and then let down with a huge thud.  I cried and cried sobs so bad my whole body shook.  I didn't do it in front of him or all of America, though.  And I was younger than Becca at the time.  I remember the moment I finally faced that this guy was putting on an act and not into me at all.  Of course I had suspected it but this was undeniable.  He had invited me over to his parents' house to meet them, which was yet another thing he did to lead me on after months of that kind of behavior, but then when we were alone after dinner said something awful to me about not "having those kinds of feelings" for me when I finally dared to ask him how he really felt about me since that was unclear to me after months of dating especially after inviting me to his parents' house.  I couldn't believe it.  I went outside, cried for an hour, then went back into the house, apologized to his parents, told him that was the last straw, gave him a piece of my mind, took my purse and left.  That was me regaining my self respect.  This guy ended up with the woman he was seeing before me and I later heard he never really broke up with, but they divorced only a few years later.  I found out through a mutual acquaintance.

I think Becca's situation is far worse than "real life" because she is in a captive situation with this guy having just married him, and is forced to focus on and interact with him every day both on and off camera.  She's being fed the garbage from the experts that if she just keeps trying things are "fixable".  That is the WORST advice anyone could give her because clearly she knows by now that this is not fixable but she's defeated and wants to believe the experts over her own gut.  Plus she's already married to the guy so it's an even bigger let down.  I can only imagine what all that would do to me based on my own experience in a similar situation.  Whether or not he has another woman in the wings, it's toxic and horrible and no wonder she is looking so bad on TV.  I only hope for her sake that she learns from this and never lets herself get so beaten down that she loses all self-respect again.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 9
22 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I know.  I can relate though, having been royally lead on by a guy and then let down with a huge thud.  I cried and cried sobs so bad my whole body shook.  I didn't do it in front of him or all of America, though.  And I was younger than Becca at the time.  

I think Becca's situation is far worse than "real life" because she is in a captive situation with this guy having just married him, and is forced to focus on and interact with him every day both on and off camera. 

I understand it too because I made a giant ass of myself like this as well, and not to one-up you, but I did it twice.  But Becca's situation is not far worse - she's with a guy she barely knows, regardless of the marriage.  Her friends and family are not involved - what has she done but tell them she's marrying a stranger, and then tell them what said stranger is like.  She hasn't hopefully introduced a new boyfriend to them; she hasn't bleated 'but I love him' when they notice red flags; she could at any time point out that things aren't to her satisfaction. Forget what "america" would think of her - every person she knows and loves must be watching this and wondering what she is thinking about this goof!  Everyone in her life knows how she ended up with this idiot - she needs to cut and run.  
And the fact that she won't only makes her look more stupid to her friends and family and "america" and it's on her, IMO.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, princelina said:

I understand it too because I made a giant ass of myself like this as well, and not to one-up you, but I did it twice.  But Becca's situation is not far worse - she's with a guy she barely knows, regardless of the marriage.  Her friends and family are not involved - what has she done but tell them she's marrying a stranger, and then tell them what said stranger is like.  She hasn't hopefully introduced a new boyfriend to them; she hasn't bleated 'but I love him' when they notice red flags; she could at any time point out that things aren't to her satisfaction. Forget what "america" would think of her - every person she knows and loves must be watching this and wondering what she is thinking about this goof!  Everyone in her life knows how she ended up with this idiot - she needs to cut and run.  
And the fact that she won't only makes her look more stupid to her friends and family and "america" and it's on her, IMO.

My mentioning the marriage as a factor is only because it raises one's hopes and anticipation higher than in a regular dating relationship.  The fall is from a much higher height and so it's especially hurtful.  The peculiarity of this specific situation is one that neither you nor I can fully understand, but I can only imagine that if I were in her shoes under those circumstances the level of let down would be much greater having married the guy than if I had only been dating him for a few months.  And it also depends on how much the guy lead her on, which in this case looks to me to have been a lot.

Also, being married puts more pressure on these people to stay together than in a regular dating relationship, so any instinct to cut and run is always counteracted by wanting to follow through on the commitment because it's supposedly a life long one which she was likely serious about keeping.  So that only makes it harder to cut and run as well as more hurtful than in a regular dating relationship.  Add to that production and the experts in her ear encouraging her to stay and telling her it's "fixable" and it's only harder.

So anyway those are my reasons for why I think it's worse than the same scenario in a dating relationship between two people that only know each other for several weeks and aren't being influenced by so-called "experts" that aren't really looking out for her best interests but want her to think they are.

• Like 4
On 3/4/2024 at 1:13 AM, Yeah No said:

Also, being married puts more pressure on these people to stay together than in a regular dating relationship, so any instinct to cut and run is always counteracted by wanting to follow through on the commitment because it's supposedly a life long one which she was likely serious about keeping.  So that only makes it harder to cut and run as well as more hurtful than in a regular dating relationship.  Add to that production and the experts in her ear encouraging her to stay and telling her it's "fixable" and it's only harder

You understand the premise of this show far better than anyone actually involved with MAFS

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
On 3/4/2024 at 1:13 AM, Yeah No said:

Also, being married puts more pressure on these people to stay together than in a regular dating relationship, so any instinct to cut and run is always counteracted by wanting to follow through on the commitment because it's supposedly a life long one which she was likely serious about keeping.  So that only makes it harder to cut and run as well as more hurtful than in a regular dating relationship.  Add to that production and the experts in her ear encouraging her to stay and telling her it's "fixable" and it's only harder.

I get this - I probably shouldn't have said "cut and run".  But she needs to stop weeping and snotting all over the place; be pleasant and fun, see what he does about that, and stop listening to the "experts"!  Go to bed at night and go to sleep!  Quit the begging!  Kate with that hand job Luke who even slept with her wasn't as bad as this girl!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

You understand the premise of this show far better than anyone actually involved with MAFS

Thank you.  They have gotten so far away from their original premise now that it's even hard for us to remember that!

Having just watched that filler episode with Jessica and Austin and Keith and Christine, it made me think of the days when they at least tried to make one or two real matches per season.

25 minutes ago, princelina said:

I get this - I probably shouldn't have said "cut and run".  But she needs to stop weeping and snotting all over the place; be pleasant and fun, see what he does about that, and stop listening to the "experts"!  Go to bed at night and go to sleep!  Quit the begging!  Kate with that hand job Luke who even slept with her wasn't as bad as this girl!

Yeah, for sure, although I don't think Kate had fallen quite so hard for Luke as Becca has for this jerk.  I have to laugh when I see articles quoting the experts as having picked Austin for his "emotional intelligence".  Seriously, unless they are giving this guy THE worst edit ever in the history of the show, I haven't seen much if any emotional intelligence coming from him!

I've defended Becca a lot but I agree that at some point she needs to buck up, get over it, show a little self respect and stop acting like a blubbering mess.  Too bad that hasn't happened yet, but I think it will eventually.

• Like 8
35 minutes ago, princelina said:

Since this is all based on the word of Known Liar Cameron I'll take it with a grain or 2 of salt 🙄

What's lost in all of that is how she was making him promise to lie in return for her lying for him.  So I see it as a two way street there.  This is evidence of that agreement I theorized they made to "protect" each other's image by not revealing the other's truth to anyone and always talking well of each other even though neither of them were attracted to the other one.  He broke his promise to her as much as she broke hers to him.

(edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 12:07 AM, Yeah No said:

What's lost in all of that is how she was making him promise to lie in return for her lying for him.  So I see it as a two way street there.  This is evidence of that agreement I theorized they made to "protect" each other's image by not revealing the other's truth to anyone and always talking well of each other even though neither of them were attracted to the other one.  He broke his promise to her as much as she broke hers to him.

Maybe so, but he started lying to her before they even had a chance to make an agreement.  He is a liar liar, not just a "liar by arrangement".

Edited by princelina
  • Applause 1
  1. Alexis is engaged to a woman
  2. Jake is seriously dating a singer
  3. Amber is engaged to a doctor from Trinidad
  4. Jaimie, from the first season, is pregnant with twins
  5. Paige has probably given birth to a baby in February
  6. Beth, from Jaimie and Beth, is claiming that Jaimie gave her black eyes and locked her out of their finances
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Is it bad that I don't remember most of these people?

MAFS leading to social media fame is about as likely as winning the lottery, at this point.

• LOL 4
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

Beth, from Jaimie and Beth, is claiming that Jaimie gave her black eyes

Wow! Never liked Jamie, but he is more despicable than I thought if this is true! I know at one point they had a change of heart on their decision to be childfree, but thank goodness they never actually brought a child into that mess!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Is it bad that I don't remember most of these people?

I think it's worse if like me, you do. 😉

• LOL 11

I never like Beth or Jamie, but if he did assault her, then he's a POS.  I never thought he was in love with her, he just wanted to bang her and those boobs.  I'm glad they didn't have children, too.    

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I resent the fuck out of Beth characterizing women who call police to report DV as "trashy." That makes me really angry.

I agree...what the Hell.

They were a bizarre couple that seemed to get off on each other's toxicity.

My heart goes out to all people who suffer domestic abuse and hope that they can find a safe space.

• Like 11

They actually say they're expecting the baby in early August. Love it for them that they're expanding their adorable family. :)

1155b46c33c3de8ddd4d997a114c7c99 (1).jpg

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, atomic said:

They actually say they're expecting the baby in early August. Love it for them that they're expanding their adorable family. :)

1155b46c33c3de8ddd4d997a114c7c99 (1).jpg

oops! I need to work on my reading comprehension…

• LOL 5