Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 1/13/2023 at 12:06 AM, NowVoyager said:

When reached for comment, Nicole told The U.S. Sun: “The debt was incurred due to a medical emergency on top of student loans. However, $95k and 50 creditors is inaccurate at best and absolutely baseless.

Presumably whoever wrote the article looked at her bankruptcy filing; the article said she had "checked off" that she owed 50-99 creditors, and wrote in $94,656 for total liabilities.  I'm not sure how she's squaring inaccurate and baseless with what she swore to in the petition..

And...what sort of medical emergency runs up a bill of $8,000 at Banana Republic? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
4 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Just saw on MAFS IG that identified the one couple who stays together and states that they still are today! I think that most of us has already realized who that couple is: Gina and Chris!

Do you mean Nicole and Chris, or Gina and Clint? 

If it's Nicole and Chris, I think she'll wear him down to a nub in a couple of years.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/11/2022 at 1:00 PM, Ilovepie said:

Wow. This show has become a joke. I have really enjoyed this forum, but I think I'm done with it.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons of the show. That's when it seemed the most authentic. But after the San Diego season, it's disappointing to see so many couples fail. Who knows the true intention of the people signing up.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

I really enjoyed the first two seasons of the show. That's when it seemed the most authentic. But after the San Diego season, it's disappointing to see so many couples fail. Who knows the true intention of the people signing up.

Other than Season 1, Seasons 2,3 &4 weren't any more successful than these newer seasons. I just appreciated the sheen of respectability that the earlier seasons had - they at least still seemed like they were actually trying to match successful couples. Now it's "The Most Dramatic Season Ever!". I don't want that. I don't like that it's glorified summer camp with everyone living in the same apartments and honeymooning and hanging out together. It's a low rent reality show. Not a "social experiment". There's absolutely nothing relating to real married life about the show anymore. And the people being cast? Most belong on that Unmatchables show....

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

There's absolutely nothing relating to real married life about the show anymore. And the people being cast? Most belong on that Unmatchables show....

Despite what they say I believe there are VERY FEW recruits left in whichever city they stage the show in who want to be part of a traditional "marriage" that the show was predicated on presenting.

After YEARS of potential participants seeing the drama, the lack of privacy and the contrived situations the producers create, only those who are "older" and less apt to be socially successful choose to subject themselves to joining the cast.

Also, the lure of financial gain through becoming "influencers" on social media regardless of their success on the show seems to be a huge enticement.  Many of the people in the last few years appeared to be marginally employed (if at all) and sought the limelight as a means of professional advancement.

I think the season with Chris and Paige started the imminent downfall of the show.  

• Like 11
21 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Thanks - interesting. Which bride was the one they had to wait for?

I'll bet it is all of them. I can only imagine how long those wedding days are when they have to shoot and reshoot and reshoot again...

• Like 4
On 1/24/2023 at 3:49 PM, Retired at last said:

Thanks - interesting. Which bride was the one they had to wait for?

On the aftershow, Nicole said that before the ceremony, one of her bridesmaids opened some champagne and it spewed all over Nicole, and she had to redo her hair and makeup.  So maybe it was Nicole.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

https://mobile.twitter.com/_SEXIIR3D/status/1620972904455491584/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1620972904455491584&currentTweetUser=_SEXIIR3D

The video says, "In the biggest twist in MAFS history, look who's kissing who." And it shows Dom smiling and kissing Clint! Jasmine is cheering them on in the background. Arris is wide-eyed. The video is on twitter and reddit, but some links have been removed.

Watching for clues: Dom's hair is straightened and Jasmine no longer has her hair braided, so I think this is after the honeymoon. There's a large bullseye in the background, so maybe they are in some kind of game room.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I do think it's some weird game they're playing. Bad idea.

Here's some happy news, Steve and Mindy are seeing each other:

Screenshot_2023-02-04-18-18-44-081~2.jpg

Screenshot_2023-02-04-18-18-59-503~2.jpg

I can see those two working out together. Have fun kids!!!

• Like 6

I can see the Steve/Mindy match, and approve! 

As for the Dom/Clint pairing, I'm a bit surprised that Lifetime is leaking this if it actually happens AFTER Decision Day.  I wonder if it's because this season is overall just so boring, they have to keep teasing us with this to keep us watching. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Cramps said:

Who is Mindy?

Someone else is going to have to fill in which Season Mindy was on, I've forgotten.  I do remember that she got paired with a handsome IG model loser boy who wanted nothing to do with her and broke her heart. 

Edited by suzeecat
  • Like 5
On 2/6/2023 at 9:16 AM, suzeecat said:

I can see the Steve/Mindy match, and approve! 

As for the Dom/Clint pairing, I'm a bit surprised that Lifetime is leaking this if it actually happens AFTER Decision Day.  I wonder if it's because this season is overall just so boring, they have to keep teasing us with this to keep us watching. 

Well we know Dom and her guy break up super early - maybe Clint and Gina do too?

• Like 2
On 2/7/2023 at 8:50 AM, Nancybeth said:

Mindy has hung out with a bunch of MAFS guys (Bihn and Ryan from Houston), not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm wondering if she's actually dating Steve? 

They didn't confirm on IG if they were dating, but it appears he did fly out to spend time with her and they looked pretty cozy in the photos. So we'll have to see if it goes any further.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

They didn't confirm on IG if they were dating, but it appears he did fly out to spend time with her and they looked pretty cozy in the photos. So we'll have to see if it goes any further.

They both seemed like nice people on their seasons and in both of their cases, I liked them more than I liked their spouses. So good luck to them!

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Supposedly, Couples' Couch will be returning next Thursday. However, instead of having successful couples on, this time they are having people who didn't make it, including Myrla, Allysa, and Lindsey. Oh, and some bloggers. Sounds like a really awful mess.  That's a BIG no for me.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

What a surprise. [/sarcasm] 

The failure rate, parked in line behind the lame drama and true bullshit--plus the embarrassing "experts"--was the final straw in my "why am I wasting my time, it's not even entertaining" I'm Outta Here decision. 

Miss you guys, though, so I pop in here occasionally. But it continually confirms that decision LOL.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Supposedly, Couples' Couch will be returning next Thursday. However, instead of having successful couples on, this time they are having people who didn't make it, including Myrla, Allysa, and Lindsey. Oh, and some bloggers. Sounds like a really awful mess.  That's a BIG no for me.

Hmm, I rather like an awful mess and Lindsey qualifies for that. Could be kind of fun to hear from the "disgruntled" with nothing to lose.😆 But I'm a big NO to Alyssa.

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 6
On 2/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, starlightlost said:

She kinda got a little dig in at him with this 

"Sadly, it's impossible to stay married if both people are not equally committed to the success of the marriage"

Tacky. She should have quit while she was ahead.

Hmm, I rather like an awful mess and Lindsey qualifies for that. Could be kind of fun to hear from the "disgruntled" with nothing to lose.😆 But I'm a big NO to Alyssa.

Hard pass on Lindsey (who will undoubtedly answer every question by starting with "if I'm being honest...") and Alyssa, who is just a mean girl trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and still become internet famous. Myrla is ok, I suppose... I think Gil was also going to be on and Texas Ryan, who was also fine. I was under the impression that the unsuccessful couples would not be commenting together, which I hope is the case. 

Of course, Jamie and Doug are back to take another gulp from the gravy train, as well as Ashley and Anthony (whom I like) and Shawniece and Jeptha (meh). Oh - and Woody and Amani, whom I love (plus they have a new baby and this show could use a little adorable). 

Sounds like a good one to listen to with one ear while doing chores....

• Like 5
On 2/16/2023 at 10:04 AM, Retired at last said:

Looks like the Couples' Couch next week will be Katina and Olajuwon and Jamie and Beth. No thanks.

Last I heard, Katina and Olajuwon announced their break up, took a vacation together, then broke up again. The second break up was per gossip blogs, so I took it with a grain of salt. It will be interesting to hear from them directly. 

Also, I love! Jamie & Beth! I didn't think they would make it during their season, but they have turned out to be such a charming couple. 

I'm in!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/15/2023 at 9:47 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think Gil was also going to be on and Texas Ryan, who was also fine. I was under the impression that the unsuccessful couples would not be commenting together, which I hope is the case. 

Texas Ryan? The blob who barely spoke? Probably wouldn't have been my first choice as a commenter!

• LOL 2
51 minutes ago, bref said:

Texas Ryan? The blob who barely spoke? Probably wouldn't have been my first choice as a commenter!

If I'm remembering correctly (increasingly unlikely as I age) he didn't say much on the show but he did ok on Afterparty. I think he was a nicer and more normal guy than he may have appeared to be in his season.

• Like 7