Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 7/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, Maximadc said:

They didn’t have to file jointly. How do I know she was telling the truth?

Nope, I believe her post. She is all about that $ and has never hid this. She is not going to lie about taxes.

5 hours ago, Emma Snyder said:

LOL geez, talk about drama for the sake of drama!

When this becomes a "flag" I question if the couples predetermine what problems they want to air.

• Love 1

it's extremely difficult to get  hospital employment as a RN without that BSN.

Curious - is that still the case with COVID? I was under the impression that the demand for RNs was so high at this point that most hospitals would hire anyone with that credential, regardless of degree.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Curious - is that still the case with COVID? I was under the impression that the demand for RNs was so high at this point that most hospitals would hire anyone with that credential, regardless of degree.

I can't say for the rest of the country, but here in downstate NY( metro area and Long Island), I'm pretty sure the BSN is still required. Very few colleges here are offering the 2 year degree for registered nurses. My friend has been a registered nurse for 46:years. 😳 Graduated in 1976 at age 19 with her Associate's degree in nursing. RN. Was hired immediately by a local hospital where she's worked ever since. Back then it wasn't unusual to be a RN with an Associate's degree. She eventually returned to complete her BSN degree, as did all of my other nurse friends. We also have a lot of nurses who came from the Philippines way before COVID. There was a nursing shortage and they were recruited  

• Love 2

Wait Alexis and Justin separate ? That’s a surprising one considering how their honeymoon went but at the same time , they seem to judge everyone and think they’re better than them all so it’s kinda satisfying .

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Wait Alexis and Justin separate ? That’s a surprising one considering how their honeymoon went but at the same time , they seem to judge everyone and think they’re better than them all so it’s kinda satisfying .

They did seem to be sitting on a throne of superiority during the group dinner last night…

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I got a mass email from the volunteer coordinator for a Denver nonprofit in the entertainment sector talking about the usual volunteer stuff, with this at the end:  the casting director for MAFS called, saying they're holding auditions for the upcoming Denver edition and asking to help get the word out.

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/9/2022 at 5:58 PM, Elizzikra said:

That's bad. Also sort of pointless unless she lied about it to her employers - then it's bad but with an end game...

I assume that the show assumed she had her BS degree and she didn't correct them.  Her husband assumed that made her not a "real" nurse.  An engineer one course short is probably not an "engineer" but they can be employed in the field.  Engineers are very detail minded and this was obviously a red flag for him, especially since Morgan asked him to keep it a secret.  Why did she want it to be a secret?  He knows this has to be more school loans for the practitioner degree.  Financially they are in different places and she will not be able to help him to build more wealth right now.  I doubt he will want to wait.  She also shows signs of trauma from her lack of relationship with her father.  "Fatherless girls syndrome" is a real thing.  Stacia is in that group too.

Edited by Kira53
spelling
  • Like 2
On 7/22/2022 at 6:37 PM, Elizzikra said:

Morgan and Binh split before D-Day. I think it's just going to be too difficult for anyone not as frugal as he is to imagine a future with him.

I think that Binh's "frugality" has crashed through the barrier from "quirk" to PATHOLOGY.  He is not a "normal" person.  He needs immediate therapy to uncover and process all his neuroses so he may go on to live an emotionally fulfilling, functional life.

He is NOT MARRIAGE MATERIAL for an American woman who is a career professional, independent and self-supporting.

Perhaps, Binh needs to hook up with a woman from another Country "mail-order bride" who is thrilled to have a "husband" who provides financially for her and agrees to be as submissive as her cultural heritage allows. 

I personally know of 2 American men who married women from other cultures who fit that stereotype and their marriages are long-lasting and successful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

I think that Binh's "frugality" has crashed through the barrier from "quirk" to PATHOLOGY.  He is not a "normal" person.  He needs immediate therapy to uncover and process all his neuroses so he may go on to live an emotionally fulfilling, functional life.

He is NOT MARRIAGE MATERIAL for an American woman who is a career professional, independent and self-supporting.

Perhaps, Binh needs to hook up with a woman from another Country "mail-order bride" who is thrilled to have a "husband" who provides financially for her and agrees to be as submissive as her cultural heritage allows. 

I personally know of 2 American men who married women from other cultures who fit that stereotype and their marriages are long-lasting and successful.

The show made a mistake in this match.  They thought the fact that Binh was a first generation Asian American and  Morgan was descended from a Japanese heritage meant they’d have something in common.  However Binh grew up as the son of refugees, who gave up everything to be here and have had to rebuild their lives from scratch.  Even though Morgan’s father is not a part of her life, she had a more normal upbringing.

if they were to stay together( they won’t), Morgan should tell Binh she’s paying the power bill and she will use as much electricity as she desires. I bet he’d like air conditioning and lights then.   

FYI- my son and his ‘mail order bride’ just divorced after less than 3 years because she was way too submissive, passive and expected to do nothing even though she didn’t work.  she thought she’d married an Uber rich American rather than an upper middle class one with a good job 

• Love 5

Slightly spoilery: Nate and Stacia have been seen together recently, so it looks like they are still making a go of it. Apparently Mitch doesn't like Nate - some rando person posted something online about Nate being shady and only in this for the clout, and Mitch "liked" the post.

Also, Justin has been sighted walking his dog, so they are reunited. Alexis wasn't with him though :)

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
On 8/18/2022 at 1:14 PM, pdlinda said:

This annoys me immensely. We should never have to discuss how "someone is not ready" to be married! What the hell is discussed in their interviews? Are these soon-to-be -marrieds lying through their teeth in their interviews? Or is MAFS purposely pairing a couple, who they know won't get along, for ratings?

I just find this is so disingenuous that they would set random people up to be traumatized by an unfit mate. For example, that horrific fiance they paired nice fiance Chris with last season. I am impressed he even wants to date again after that experience. Or how about the other nasty fiance, Chris who tried to manipulate the entire relationship through sex, false pregnancies and whatever. How does she recover from the embarrassment of that spectacle?

I would hope the experts are pulling aside these people who are stuck dealing with crazy, and assuring them that they are perfectly normal and not to panic.

• Love 5
On 8/12/2022 at 8:23 AM, Kira53 said:

I assume that the show assumed she had her BS degree and she didn't correct them.  Her husband assumed that made her not a "real" nurse.  An engineer one course short is probably not an "engineer" but they can be employed in the field.

Nah, I'm not buying the "degree issue" because it's a non issue. She is a nurse, and with the qualifications necessary. She is going for the higher pay scale, and most professions have them.

She doesn't want Binh to talk about her Bachelor of Science degree because she was halfway through her final course credits. That's all ... she didn't lie, she told Binh. She asked him not to tell the others because she'd have it the next month. So either Binh opted to make that 'their marital issue's, or she married an extremely petty man.

If this (her being very honest) with Binh is a deal breaker, don't let the door hit ya Binh...

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 7/29/2022 at 8:17 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

She just needs to cut the bs and go find a sugar daddy on one or those websites. Hell, she’s probably got a profile up as we speak.  She’s totally a gold digger. I wonder why her overseas paramours didn’t work out? Guess they couldn’t be fooled either.  

I'm trying to figure out who you are referring to in this post?  Sorry, I just don't know which post you were referencing, could you tell me? Thanks! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I'm trying to figure out who you are referring to in this post?  Sorry, I just don't know which post you were referencing, could you tell me? Thanks! 

Sorry about that! I was talking about Noi with her overseas boyfriends.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The queen of TMI is at it again. Still sharing every moment of their journey to conceive again.

She also posted a video of Hendrix having a febrile seizure after they had gone for a hike. Poor baby seized and stopped breathing and they had to call 911 (he's fine now). I can see maybe recording it if you need to show a doctor what's happening but why post it to your social media? Is nothing sacred? Jamie is always a BEC to me 😂

Screenshot_2022-09-15-22-56-34-678~2.jpg

Screenshot_2022-09-15-22-56-22-489~2.jpg

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That's Jamie O? I would not have recognized her!

That is she.

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I had to quit following her - it was just TMI about her and Doug and photos of her in bikinis talking about body positivity.  I guess I just wasn't a big enough "fran"........

Right? I'm not sure why her frans eat all that s--t up. Her whole life feels so performative.

• Love 3
On 9/16/2022 at 4:47 PM, gingerandcloves said:

That is she.

Right? I'm not sure why her frans eat all that s--t up. Her whole life feels so performative.

Does she earn a living from social media postings?  From the history of that couple, Doug was never the one who brought home a pay check so after Jamie was dumped from the MAFS after show, I was wondering how they earn a living.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Does she earn a living from social media postings?  From the history of that couple, Doug was never the one who brought home a pay check so after Jamie was dumped from the MAFS after show, I was wondering how they earn a living.

I think their finances are a bit of a mess and a bit of a mystery. Yes, I am sure she makes money from her posts. She does do sponsored ads (poorly, she could learn a thing or two from some other influencers). They've spent the last few months traveling around the U.S. in a used RV they renovated (or Jamie tried to renovate before giving up and hiring someone else to do it). Now they're back home and their daughter just started kindergarten. They are donating their RV to charity because even though they poured a ton of money and energy into renovating it, it still needs more repairs than it's worth. They do not seem to have any sort of actual plan for the future, or should I say, Jamie is constantly coming up with plans and changing them haphazardly. The pair of them just seem to flail around.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I think their finances are a bit of a mess and a bit of a mystery. Yes, I am sure she makes money from her posts. She does do sponsored ads (poorly, she could learn a thing or two from some other influencers). They've spent the last few months traveling around the U.S. in a used RV they renovated (or Jamie tried to renovate before giving up and hiring someone else to do it). Now they're back home and their daughter just started kindergarten. They are donating their RV to charity because even though they poured a ton of money and energy into renovating it, it still needs more repairs than it's worth. They do not seem to have any sort of actual plan for the future, or should I say, Jamie is constantly coming up with plans and changing them haphazardly. The pair of them just seem to flail around.

I wonder why she does not go back to nursing? It pays good money and I think there is a shortage.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

I wonder why she does not go back to nursing? It pays good money and I think there is a shortage.

There is definitely a shortage. It pays good money but it's back-breaking work and the conditions right now are awful (because of the nursing shortage, there are too many patients per nurse/per shift, at least in hospital nursing). She also may have let her license lapse though I imagine she could get it reinstated. Finally, I think it must be tough to go from "working" at home, largely on your own schedule, doing more fun work where someone is doing your hair and makeup, to something grueling like nursing.

But it would be good option both in terms of money and some scheduling flexibility, especially if Doug is a stay at home dad...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

There is definitely a shortage. It pays good money but it's back-breaking work and the conditions right now are awful (because of the nursing shortage, there are too many patients per nurse/per shift, at least in hospital nursing). She also may have let her license lapse though I imagine she could get it reinstated. Finally, I think it must be tough to go from "working" at home, largely on your own schedule, doing more fun work where someone is doing your hair and makeup, to something grueling like nursing.

But it would be good option both in terms of money and some scheduling flexibility, especially if Doug is a stay at home dad...

I agree that Jamie would have to feel her family's "back against the wall" financially in order to actually resume a full-time job in such a demanding profession.  Also, I'm not sure who would hire her as she is now a "public person" so between confidentially issues and her "celebrity status" I'm not sure that would work in a hospital setting.

Also, I can't speak for anyone else; however, my children are grown and I live alone. 

The financial crunch I'm experiencing in this economy (my "reserves" that afforded me a comfortable lifestyle aside from my "fixes incomes" are nowhere near where they used to be a few years ago). 

I'm not sure how a family of 4 (and now the post said she's expecting to get pregnant again and the fact that Doug doesn't produce any income), survives month after month spending the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF $$$ needed today to support themselves and their children.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

I agree that Jamie would have to feel her family's "back against the wall" financially in order to actually resume a full-time job in such a demanding profession.  Also, I'm not sure who would hire her as she is now a "public person" so between confidentially issues and her "celebrity status" I'm not sure that would work in a hospital setting.

I think that hospitals are desperate enough - and MAFS has a low enough profile overall - that I think she could easily get hired.

I'm not sure how a family of 4 (and now the post said she's expecting to get pregnant again and the fact that Doug doesn't produce any income), survives month after month spending the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF $$$ needed today to support themselves and their children.  

It's bewildering to me - not just for reality "stars" but for ordinary people. I think, a lot of times, people are living way beyond their means, on credit cards and other sources of debt.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

Also, I can't speak for anyone else; however, my children are grown and I live alone. 

The financial crunch I'm experiencing in this economy (my "reserves" that afforded me a comfortable lifestyle aside from my "fixes incomes" are nowhere near where they used to be a few years ago). 

I agree that working as an influencer would be a hell of a cushy job compared to nursing but I don't know if it will pay the bills.

There are tons of people doing family vlogs and not to be cruel but Jaimie is not cool enough to be considered glamorous or relatable enough to be seen as "down to earth".

I do not think MAFS is big enough to launch anyone's social media career though God knows Jaimie has tried.

I follow someone who was on America's Next Top Model and was forced to delete all her social media accounts before she went on the show. They promised her that the exposure from ANTM would at least double her followers.

Her accounts took years to recover and the show did nothing for her and MAFS is nowhere near as popular as that show was in its heyday. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I do not think MAFS is big enough to launch anyone's social media career though God knows Jaimie has tried.

So, I guess, that's the unanswered question.  How that family makes it financially.  I recall reading that she bought the FL house as a rental.  I'm not sure if they're living there or not and am also unsure where their principal residence is, maybe in N.J? 

Maybe they sold one of those houses and are living on the profit they made?  That would be the only scenario I can think of that would allow them to live decently (until that $$$ runs out...depending on how much it was).  Another note:  If they did make a sizeable profit on the house they sold, they would have to pay taxes on the sale.  I hope they factored that point into their financial planning😄

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I think that hospitals are desperate enough - and MAFS has a low enough profile overall - that I think she could easily get hired.

It's bewildering to me - not just for reality "stars" but for ordinary people. I think, a lot of times, people are living way beyond their means, on credit cards and other sources of debt.

You're absolutely right about how families are coping with insufficient cash flow, especially if they have children and their needs are expensive.

I don't ask; however, I believe that 2 of my married children are doing exactly that:  Loading up the credit cards and not paying off the balances each month. 

That is a sure strategy for economic catastrophe; however, in my case, I can't subsidize them so they'll have to find another source of "rescue" should the cards max out. (Even as I type those words, I'm getting a very stressed feeling).  

Regarding Jamie and Doug, I found it profoundly perplexing that they thought this was the perfect time to expand their family.  Maybe both suffer from:  DENIAL AND DELUSION.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

You're absolutely right about how families are coping with insufficient cash flow, especially if they have children and their needs are expensive.

I don't ask; however, I believe that 2 of my married children are doing exactly that:  Loading up the credit cards and not paying off the balances each month. 

That is a sure strategy for economic catastrophe; however, in my case, I can't subsidize them so they'll have to find another source of "rescue" should the cards max out. (Even as I type those words, I'm getting a very stressed feeling).  

Regarding Jamie and Doug, I found it profoundly perplexing that they thought this was the perfect time to expand their family.  Maybe both suffer from:  DENIAL AND DELUSION.

Sadly, I think it is because Jaimie is able to milk a lot of interests with her fertility issues and pregnancies. She is not taking into account that people care less by the time you have multiple babies unless you have a giant family like the Duggars.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

In their defense, what is Jaime? Mid-30's? She doesn't have a ton of time left to have another child if that is what they want to do.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I guess MTS is working at Starbucks now. I know he quit his job at Chick-fil-A. 

Screenshot_2022-09-20-20-05-44-913~2.jpg

Good for him. I'll bet he is a good barista. He seems to be friendly and outgoing and if he can stand being married to Lindsey for 8+ weeks, he can handle cranky customers who haven't had their first coffee of the day yet.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Why does Alexis constantly talk about these great past relationships?  If they were so wonderful she would still be with one of these many men and not need this show.

She wants to give the impression that they were not good enough for her.

• Love 5

That’s too bad about Krysten and Mitch. I’ve actually grown to like them both. Particularly Mitch on the aftershow. Sadly, I think that around the time that she got fed up with trying so hard, is when he started really liking her. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Cramps said:

That’s too bad about Krysten and Mitch. I’ve actually grown to like them both. Particularly Mitch on the aftershow. Sadly, I think that around the time that she got fed up with trying so hard, is when he started really liking her. 

I like them, too.

I think Mitch does not love her but realizes that she is a really good deal for him

He is might not have found her attractive but she is fairly conventionally attractive by a lot of people's standards and seems like a warm person. She makes twice as much as he does and that will allow him to continue with his activism and still pay the bills. Best of all, at least for Mitch, is that she seems very comfortable sexually.

After trying so hard to impress him, I think Krysten realized that she could not have the life she envisions for herself with Mitch.

His loss, in all honesty.

• Love 11

Just like I don't think it's Krysten's loss that they divorced, I don't think it's Mitch's loss either.  He might like her, but that doesn't mean it's a loss for him if he doesn't see himself falling in love with her.  He might even remain a bachelor who doesn't make a lot of money, but as long as he's happy and is ok with that, then good for him.  Same thing goes for Krysten if she doesn't meet the right guy.  No one should have to "settle" just to be married. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Just like I don't think it's Krysten's loss that they divorced, I don't think it's Mitch's loss either.  He might like her, but that doesn't mean it's a loss for him if he doesn't see himself falling in love with her.  He might even remain a bachelor who doesn't make a lot of money, but as long as he's happy and is ok with that, then good for him.  Same thing goes for Krysten if she doesn't meet the right guy.  No one should have to "settle" just to be married. 

Yeah, they both are just not right for each other.

• Love 5