Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yes, there used to be people in it for the right reasons and who were LIKEABLE.  I'll add Austin and Jessica, Woody and Amani, Steph and AJ.  The last good season was the one from New Orleans.  Once again they're down South but I'm tired of this show being in the South.  I thought the next season was supposed to be Denver or somewhere in the PNW.

The season after Nashville will be in Denver.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, buttersister said:

Wait, she’s rejecting her parent’ choices but agreeing to 0 of 5 Pepper and the Pastor? LOL! I dunno, I’d miss you lot but I may be out. 

awww give it the ol' college try, this may be a good snark-fest!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2022 at 12:08 AM, theartandsound said:

Mackinley and Domynique

I can't take this couple seriously with those names... oy...

I can't wait for the many misspellings we'll have on the episode threads 🤣

I've been avoiding the spoilers, but 0-5 doesn't surprise me. It just wasn't an enjoyable season. No drama would be boring, but please let at least one couple of the next season have a legit chance...maybe even something romantic.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

This show has become so popular, I don't see how the show can find "real candidates" anymore. People have seen a lot of couples elevate their fame, so they are probably thinking "I can act for 8 weeks it's worth it".

On 11/4/2022 at 12:10 PM, kikicat said:

Married-at-First-Sight-Season-16-02-102822-daaf9e16ead5486cb77bf3b8dc16f875.thumb.webp.ed606ccbcfc68a1942dc3b4b3f36d83c.webp

King304.jpg.ac72ac43f4ba3df307fb6d8732aca62a.jpg

Doug and Carrie, Doug and Carrie....

Lol , I remember this. Good catch...

• Like 1
On 11/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, kikicat said:

Married-at-First-Sight-Season-16-02-102822-daaf9e16ead5486cb77bf3b8dc16f875.thumb.webp.ed606ccbcfc68a1942dc3b4b3f36d83c.webp

King304.jpg.ac72ac43f4ba3df307fb6d8732aca62a.jpg

Doug and Carrie, Doug and Carrie....

I showed the picture to one of my friends who is happy that there is a curvy girl on the show but her first reaction was "My, that is a big arm" and I flashed the King of Queens picture in my head.

• LOL 3
On 11/1/2022 at 5:28 AM, Emma Snyder said:

awww give it the ol' college try, this may be a good snark-fest!

Speaking for myself, I'm tired of watching this show just for the snark value.  I want some normal people who are real matches to offset the train wrecks like there used to be.  Without that it has become predictable, repetitive and unpleasant to watch.  If you can tell by episode 2 that most if not all of them are destined to fail, why bother watching?  After a while it just becomes boring.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Speaking for myself, I'm tired of watching this show just for the snark value.  I want some normal people who are real matches to offset the train wrecks like there used to be.  Without that it has become predictable, repetitive and unpleasant to watch.  If you can tell by episode 2 that most if not all of them are destined to fail, why bother watching?  After a while it just becomes boring.

When you have season after season with no one working out then it just becomes ridiculous.

If we randomly just matched people together, we would probably have had better success.

• Like 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Another one bites the dust. Katina and Olajuwon are calling it quits.

Screenshot_2022-11-11-10-04-02-854~2.jpg

This is not a surprise in all honesty.  The surprise was that it took this long.   Obviously I have no idea who did/ did not do anything etc.  

• Love 5

The last three seasons are currently 0 for 5. New Orleans has 1 couple left (possibly 2 if Karen and Miles are still together). The combined success rate for all seasons is 20%. Not very good. They have GOT to start casting better singles. Everyone they've been picking has way too many issues.

• Applause 2
  • Love 11
On 11/10/2022 at 6:24 AM, qtpye said:

I showed the picture to one of my friends who is happy that there is a curvy girl on the show but her first reaction was "My, that is a big arm" and I flashed the King of Queens picture in my head.

LOL. The photos are so much alike I kind of wondered if someone behind the scenes of MAFS set up that pose. If the couple planned it as a joke, that would be hilarious. Probably not, but I really want it to be purposeful.

• LOL 2
23 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

The last three seasons are currently 0 for 5. New Orleans has 1 couple left (possibly 2 if Karen and Miles are still together). The combined success rate for all seasons is 20%. Not very good. They have GOT to start casting better singles. Everyone they've been picking has way too many issues.

I don't think they have too many applicants regardless of how they portray the hoards of potential participants. 

After all these years, "normal" people are probably disinterested in subjecting themselves to the loss of privacy from this "circus" of souped-up dramas and/or can't fit the filming into their lifestyles and/or work schedules.

It also occurred to me that the institution of "marriage", per se, seems to be losing its allure for many folks and couples who chose to marry may prefer doing so in more traditional manner.

I think what we're seeing is the best they can come up with to cast the show.  That's why it's failing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Funny, I don't remember any virgins in that movie.

Just kidding.  I swear I didn't watch that movie.  But I did look up her acting resume, and she has quite the range.  In addition to this heiress-suffers-amnesia-at-ski-resort-Christmas movie, she appeared in Terrornet:  "Follows David Edison, a cam-girl obsessed I.T. guy, as he becomes possessed by Asmodeus, the demon of lust, who begins harassing women online while destroying David's life."

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Funny, I don't remember any virgins in that movie.

Just kidding.  I swear I didn't watch that movie.  But I did look up her acting resume, and she has quite the range.  In addition to this heiress-suffers-amnesia-at-ski-resort-Christmas movie, she appeared in Terrornet:  "Follows David Edison, a cam-girl obsessed I.T. guy, as he becomes possessed by Asmodeus, the demon of lust, who begins harassing women online while destroying David's life."

10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Did anyone happen to catch this? I just grabbed this screenshot.

Screenshot_2022-11-14-09-17-41-598~2.jpg

I did think Iris was so beautiful that she must be some sort of actress/model.

Now her personality was another story.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Gosh, I'm starting to think the MAFS cast are all Instagram recruits hoping to collect a paycheck while advancing their modeling/acting/influencer careers. Could it be that they're not interested in marriage at all?

Next you'll tell me that Pastor Cal is only internet ordained and Dr. Pepper got her degree from a soda pop company.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

Now MAFS (Instagram) is saying that Lindy and Miguel might not have broken up. (After saying they just did a few days ago). 

Similarly Olijawan and Katina just publicly called it quits a couple of days ago, but now, judging from something Olijawan posted, might not have! 

New marriages have their challenges under the best of circumstances, let alone ones that are married at first sight. I wish both of these couples success in their marriages, or peace in their separations. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Cramps said:

Now MAFS (Instagram) is saying that Lindy and Miguel might not have broken up. (After saying they just did a few days ago). 

Lindy with the substantial student loan got her health insurance. Now she's pushing him towards a mortgage. I really want them to stay broken up.

• Love 4

So, I watched the movie that Iris had a role in, Falling for Christmas. It stars Lindsey Lohan. It was kind of a silly movie, but it was sweet, and I enjoyed it. Iris basically has one line near the end of the movie, she plays a quasi-newlywed (LOL), who shows up at a reunion at the ski lodge with her husband, in order to thank the owner for gifting them a suite for their honeymoon when they were broke and couldn't afford it. I thought she did well for the small part it was. Anyway, cute movie if your standards aren't impeccable.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Nate and Stacia have officially split, not that that is really news.

I don't know if there are many spoilers out there yet but there is this little tidbit:

Screenshot_2022-12-05-15-42-58-688~2.jpg

This season going for the MAFS Australia script?

• Like 5
7 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

And Jasmine is having twins 😮

Screenshot_2023-01-01-06-11-22-731~2.jpg

Who did she wind of marrying?  I recall she made a big "play" for her assigned "husband" (believe his name was Will???) on the show but no matter what she did to entice him, he wasn't interested.  

• Like 3
10 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Who did she wind of marrying?  I recall she made a big "play" for her assigned "husband" (believe his name was Will???) on the show but no matter what she did to entice him, he wasn't interested.  

Yes, she was originally married to Will. Now she is with a guy named Mark - I'm not sure whether they're married or not, but they have a little boy named Jacoby who just turned 2, and they're expecting twins.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Right now, my money would be on Nicole and Chris. 

I agree, but I think there is a very small chance that Airris really is reformed and wants to settle down and he and Jasmine make it thru decision day.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Okay, our first real spoiler of the season (this will come as a shock):

Screenshot_2023-01-11-21-03-46-140~2.jpg

10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm shocked all right!  Shocked that one couple actually stays together!  🤣

Let's be honest...1 out of 5 is better than we expected.

My guess is that the show is no longer offering them the monetary bonus to say yes on Decision Day.

I have no proof that the show ever offered this type of incentive but it has always been a hunch of mine.

There were too many couples that broke up right after D-Day for me not to be a little suspicious. 

• Like 7
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

My guess is that the show is no longer offering them the monetary bonus to say yes on Decision Day.

I have no proof that the show ever offered this type of incentive but it has always been a hunch of mine.

There were too many couples that broke up right after D-Day for me not to be a little suspicious. 

I hear you, many of us have had that hunch, but the fact that so many of them don't stay together might just be an indication of them being such horrible matches that they couldn't even stay together for the money!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7073121/married-at-first-sight-nicole-lilienthal-filed-for-bankruptcy/amp/

BROKE BRIDE 

Married at First Sight star Nicole Lilienthal filed for bankruptcy & owed $95K to creditors before wedding

• Published: 10:57 ET, Jan 11 2023
  • Updated: 12:07 ET, Jan 11 2023

MARRIED At First Sight star Nicole Lilienthal filed for bankruptcy and owed $95K to creditors before tying the knot to Christopher Thielk, The U.S. Sun has exclusively learned.

MAFS fans watched the season 16 premiere episode on January 4th, which introduced 10 new singles from Nashville.

Nicole, a contestant on the new season of MAFS, owed $95K to creditors in the past
Nicole, a contestant on the new season of MAFS, owed $95K to creditors in the pastCredit: Lifetime
Nicole was paired with Christopher by the matchmaking experts
Nicole was paired with Christopher by the matchmaking expertsCredit: Lifetime

According to court docs obtained by The U.S. Sun, Nicole filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy a few years before saying "I do" to Christopher, 36.

The 32-year-old Queens native filed in November 2018 in the Southern District of New York, where she previously lived before moving to Nashville.

In the voluntary petition, she had checked off that she owes "50-99" creditors at the time.

For total liabilities, which is money she owes to creditors, she had written that the amount totaled $94,656.

She also noted in the court filing that her assets totaled $4,912 and her monthly income was $4,207.

At the time, she had $18,501 left to pay off her student loans, the docs stated.

EXPENSIVE TASTE

When breaking down the debt, she detailed that she owed various banks money, including $17,252 to Chase Bank and $10,668 to Bank of America.

She also had unpaid credit cards from brands like Banana Republic ($8,169) and Macy's ($1,394).

Other stores she racked up credit on, per the docs, included American Eagle, Bloomingdale's, Express, Lord & Taylor, and T.J. Maxx.

Nicole worked as a Senior Marketing Manager for Time Out Group, LLC, at the time of filing.

She now works for Compass as a Senior Marketing Advisor, according to her LinkedIn.

Nicole was granted a discharge in August 2019, meaning some personal liabilities for some debts owed were removed, and an order of relief was entered.

The case was then dismissed that same month.

When reached for comment, Nicole told The U.S. Sun: “The debt was incurred due to a medical emergency on top of student loans. However, $95k and 50 creditors is inaccurate at best and absolutely baseless.

"Not to mention that I have great credit now and no debt as well as credit cards and a car loan and haven’t had any trouble since. It’s not something that I’ve had to think or worry about in almost five years.”

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

There is no way she has good credit after that! The student loans and medical debt are probably a small fraction of her spending. I’m curious as to how much money she makes. 

Well - back then she was making a little over $50,000. She might have been promoted or gotten a new job with a big salary bump but if she stayed put, she's maybe making about $60k now?

• Like 2