Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Pastor Cal has been married before too. Maybe they should have @Allison1:and @Yeah No be experts since you’ve been successfully married for a long time unlike this knuckle heads. 

LOL!    I just reread my message and see it almost sounds like I was suggesting that.  Nope - I'd want no part of these shenanigans.   

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

ridiculous so-called "relationship experts" that seem to be expert in nothing more than separation and divorce, 

That actually seems like it would be more useful for the show as it stands now, seeing how the majority of these people will end up divorced rather than married......but I completely agree with you @Yeah No. It's overkill for something that really does not need it. Imagine how much less pissed we would all be if we weren't in a perpetual cycle of having to watch this nonsense? If they actually only showed matching, wedding prep and bachelor/bachelorette parties, weddings, honeymoon, a few weeks of marriage, decision day, reunion? And then NOTHING! I don't care enough about these people to wonder "what they are doing now". When will they learn we only care when they stay married, and I don't mean like Erik and
Virginia just for couples cam or Steve and Noi for I have no idea why. The season shouldn't be three times longer than the actual marriage in my mind.....

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

That actually seems like it would be more useful for the show as it stands now, seeing how the majority of these people will end up divorced rather than married......but I completely agree with you @Yeah No. It's overkill for something that really does not need it. Imagine how much less pissed we would all be if we weren't in a perpetual cycle of having to watch this nonsense? If they actually only showed matching, wedding prep and bachelor/bachelorette parties, weddings, honeymoon, a few weeks of marriage, decision day, reunion? And then NOTHING! I don't care enough about these people to wonder "what they are doing now". When will they learn we only care when they stay married, and I don't mean like Erik and
Virginia just for couples cam or Steve and Noi for I have no idea why. The season shouldn't be three times longer than the actual marriage in my mind.....

They could eliminate the wedding prep and the bachelor/ bachelorette parties too.  I am interested in seeing the process  - matching, wedding, etc. I don’t need to see the intimacy role play. I want to see them learn about each other, see how they fit, discuss things like budgets, etc.  I don’t need to see the group bowling, and so forth. 

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Pastor Cal has been married before too. Maybe they should have @Allison1:and @Yeah No be experts since you’ve been successfully married for a long time unlike this knuckle heads. 

Thank you!  I was actually legally separated from my husband for a few years in our 40s during which time I learned what online dating was all about so some of my dating experience is more recent than 40+ years ago.  We got married young (I was 21, he was 23) and I think we needed the time apart to realize why we were worth it together.  I realize that everyone sets their own relationship rules and different things work for different people, but I personally don't feel married not living with my husband and think it's a different kind of relationship without that.  After a while we were back together even though we lived apart, so I know what that's like too.  Whatever works for Pepper and whoever else, but I still question whether it's technically marriage if you permanently live apart.   I think that new "expert" that spun that tale about how his impending divorce is a "new chapter" in his "love story" or whatever he called it needs a bigger shovel for all that BS!!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

They could eliminate the wedding prep and the bachelor/ bachelorette parties too.  I am interested in seeing the process  - matching, wedding, etc. I don’t need to see the intimacy role play. I want to see them learn about each other, see how they fit, discuss things like budgets, etc.  I don’t need to see the group bowling, and so forth. 

I preferred the seasons when they didn't interact with the other couples (at least on camera) and didn't honeymoon and live together. That is not real life - that is reality show living. I preferred when the emphasis was on each couple trying to get to know their partner, not inter-couple drama. I agree I miss the housing and finance discussions. But all this is forgivable if they would just cast better people! Sadly, I think that ship has sailed.....the "social experiment" has been exchanged for cheap drama.

• Like 4
  • Love 10

According to Steve, he and Noi are "figuring things out". I had a feeling that they were on the rocks as they had no current photos of the other on their IG; Noi's been off at a friend's wedding without Steve, and someone else was looking after Sushi while she was away; and it was pretty obvious from her IG that Noi's been living on her own. So much for 4 couples saying "yes" on Decision Day, it looks like it's down to Katina and Olajuwon now.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Emma Snyder said:

Good job, Chris, you basically are saying your gf is nice, but ugly. No more wondering why he's single!

I don't interpret it that way at all. I think maybe he was more mocking Alyssa's dismissal of him on his looks without bothering to see what he's like as a person.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

I don't interpret it that way at all. I think maybe he was more mocking Alyssa's dismissal of him on his looks without bothering to see what he's like as a person.

Yes, and also that looks are fleeting. Outer beauty fades over time, but inner beauty lasts forever.

• Love 4

I don't think that quote should be taken that literally.  It doesn't mean that Chris is saying she isn't beautiful for her looks, just that she's not beautiful only for her looks.  It might have been clearer if he had included the first sentence of that quote, which is from "The Great Gatsby", and starts off, "She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines.  She was beautiful for the way she thought....".  It's really a far greater compliment.

• Like 5
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think he could have expressed it differently. If I didn’t “know” Chris, that would have been my first impression. 

Exactly. I understand it was a quote, but he could have added something like...well, she isn't ONLY beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. Bam, beautiful inside and out, while the quote implies only inside. But that's just me, maybe I'm used to passive-aggressiveness in people.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think F. Scott Fitzgerald was being "passive aggressive" or Chris for that matter.  I think the internet has made us all prone to splitting hairs over wording to the point that we can over-interpret the absolute worst possible meaning in something that was surely meant as a very high compliment.  Having been on this earth a long time before the internet I remember when people didn't do that. 

Besides, context is everything and the context that quote was made in affects the meaning.  Having read the Great Gatsby I remember how this man was distancing himself from the shallowness and appearance-focused society that he was coming from by saying that true beauty is from within, not on the outside and that outer beauty is only temporary anyway.  It's not necessarily a comment on HER beauty but beauty in general.  And I also think Chris is calling out Alyssa and her appearance focused shallowness with that quote too.  That didn't get past me!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I don't think F. Scott Fitzgerald was being "passive aggressive" or Chris for that matter.

Neither do I, I'm just saying that's howwould have reacted to it because know a lot of passive aggressive people. If someone threw that out there for me, I would be really hurt. I'm not saying anybody else has to feel that way. For all I know, he could have used that because that's her favorite quote. 

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I also think Chris is calling out Alyssa and her appearance focused shallowness with that quote too.  That didn't get past me!

No question!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

You can now get your very own t-shirt with a Pastor Cal quote:

Screenshot_2022-06-21-14-30-12-227.jpg

If I could be assured that Alyssa would, in no way, profit from it, I'd prefer an "I'm a good fucking person" t-shirt.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

As well as something about basic, Caucasian sex. That would be a great addition. Let's see - they could sell a Jose approved financial whiteboard, too! A 12-month calendar with places to insert pictures of yourself for every month would be a big seller, too.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but here goes.

I was glancing through the Primetimer Awards nominations. MAFS is up for Worst Reality Show. HOW DARE THEY! 🤣🤣

• LOL 13
(edited)

This has a bunch of info on the Season 15 cast. I'm putting it here because some of it was kind of spoilery sounding. (shows the social media presence of 8 of the 10 of the cast, before and AFTER the show was filmed.) 😁 

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, Kimboweena said:

Re:  the wedding venue - with 21 acres, surely they could have found a better place for the wedding altar.  Cars driving by in the background were distracting.

I also did not love the background they used for the pictures. There had to be better places on such a nice property.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Has this been posted here? Mafsfsn shared Noi's Instagram post. She and Steve are divorced/divorcing. Another one bites the dust!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfzKLt0un0v/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Not surprised. They haven't been together in a while from what I can tell. I think Noi always loved Sushi more than Steve. I definitely don't think Noi was ready for marriage. Where is she going to find a better guy than Steve (ignoring his penchant for LED lights)?

• Like 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

Steve posted about the split on Twitter. He really seems like a good guy. Very mature.

And based on what he wrote, Noi yet again posted their business on social media without discussing it with him.

ETA: Noi posted a rebuttal (addressed to Steve directly) saying her dog is dying and Steve isn’t helping. Dude, it really is okay (preferable, even!) to keep your personal business off social media.

Edited by Empress1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Noi first simply posted a few words announcing her divorce. Do divorced women who are childless ask their ex husbands permission to announce their divorce?   Or inform them about it?
Steve posted much more  in response.  
Noi should not have posted a rebuttal to him.  Although she did have the right to post Sushi’s condition, she should have  left Steve out of it. 

Having said all that … given their ‘celebrity’,   it would  have been nice to have the two of them come up with a combined statement.  Like many celebrity couples have. Maybe the two of them tried and failed at a combined statement.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Noi first simply posted a few words announcing her divorce. Do divorced women who are childless ask their ex husbands permission to announce their divorce?   Or inform them about it?
Steve posted much more  in response.  
Noi should not have posted a rebuttal to him.  Although she did have the right to post Sushi’s condition, she should have  left Steve out of it. 

Having said all that … given their ‘celebrity’,   it would  have been nice to have the two of them come up with a combined statement.  Like many celebrity couples have. Maybe the two of them tried and failed at a combined statement.  

I think the fact that they’re public figures (at least for now; people will forget them soon enough) is why they should have either put out something jointly or discussed when (or if - they didn’t have to announce it at all, they could just get divorced and tell their friends and family, not the rest of us) they’d post about it. Since Noi announced it, it’s gotten out, which affects Steve directly.

And you know what? As I think more about it, I think even those of us who aren’t famous should be aligned on when/if you announce big family stuff on social media. I’m not on FB anymore but imagine finding out that your sibling is getting divorced because their soon-to-be ex posted on FB about it before your sibling had a chance to tell you. I’m sure that’s happened and it would suck.

Also the social media thing was a sticking point in their marriage - she already knew he didn’t like when she posted personal stuff about them because they fought over it, so she had to know he wouldn’t like this (and based on his comments, he doesn’t - he said her posting it solidified for him that divorce was the right move).

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think the reason Noi got married in the first place was to be some kind of social media influencer.  She had dreams of putting her kids and Steve out there like Jamie and Doug. 

Noi said something about previous relationships being guys that she met online who flew her out to exotic locales. That sounds slightly sugar daddy-like to me.

Again this was the fault of the experts.

Steve wants a laid-back lifestyle where he controls most of his time.

Noi wants a certain standard of living where she can comfortably stay home with 3 kids.

Neither wants to be the primary breadwinner.

Noi lost all motivation for the relationship when she realized Steve was never going to be the moneyman she wanted. 

That was one of the reasons she never moved in with him

Again, neither view is wrong but they would never make a compatible marriage.

I do think Steve is a really great guy and Noi is immature.

That said, he is probably better off without her.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Seriously, Noi? Now you're just being petty and lying to make Steve look like the bad guy.

Screenshot_2022-07-11-11-07-59-981~2.jpg

IF this is true, I would have to agree with Noi, I think that although Steve is very well spoken, well educated and can express himself very well, he does NOT address his income, savings or plan to support himself (or anyone else) in the future.  IF he has no money and no plans to work, I'd say he misrepresented himself to MAFS and put off Noi and the public with vague statements like "I'm looking into my options".  Does he owe the public an explanation?  No, but he did put himself on a national television reality show, so he has to expect to have some amount of accountability.  He reminds me of that homeless basketball player Amber got matched with as far as ambition. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

IF this is true, I would have to agree with Noi, I think that although Steve is very well spoken, well educated and can express himself very well, he does NOT address his income, savings or plan to support himself (or anyone else) in the future.  IF he has no money and no plans to work, I'd say he misrepresented himself to MAFS and put off Noi and the public with vague statements like "I'm looking into my options".  Does he owe the public an explanation?  No, but he did put himself on a national television reality show, so he has to expect to have some amount of accountability.  He reminds me of that homeless basketball player Amber got matched with as far as ambition. 

The thing is, we know he at the very least had income from filming, plus he managed to buy a very nice diamond ring for Noi. Her story has changed multiple times over the last few days.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Maybe Steve didn't want to divulge all the information about his finances because he knew Noi was a stankfaced wannabe influencer.  She let it be known that she didn't trust him, but maybe he didn't trust her either.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

The thing is, we know he at the very least had income from filming, plus he managed to buy a very nice diamond ring for Noi. Her story has changed multiple times over the last few days.

Also didn’t he say he showed her his savings and that assuaged her? I remember reading that he asked her how much money she’d need  to feel secure and she gave a number, and he was like “oh, no problem,” meaning he has more than that. I feel like I read that here.

Regardless, airing dirty laundry like that is really tacky and only makes her look bad. Noi is REALLY immature.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Regardless, airing dirty laundry like that is really tacky and only makes her look bad. Noi is REALLY immature.

I agree. I don't care how much money Steve has or doesn't have - it's really tacky for Noi to comment on it publicly. And then to stick out her tongue (figuratively) by saying "I'm glad he divorced me..." Sheesh.

He reminds me of that homeless basketball player Amber got matched with as far as ambition. 

Ugh - Matt. I don't see it, besides them both being tall. Steve is intelligent and articulate. Matt could barely grunt out two consecutive syllables. I hated him.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

agree. I don't care how much money Steve has or doesn't have - it's really tacky for Noi to comment on it publicly. And then to stick out her tongue (figuratively) by saying "I'm glad he divorced me..." Sheesh.

If she was that upset by his finances, then don't you think SHE would have divorced HIM? And, yes, she is extremely tacky and immature to put it all on SM, which was a sticking point that he (rightfully) couldn't get past.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

To me her comment sounded like an immature, "sour grapes" exaggeration.  Which means he probably did have some money but not enough for her in the end.  Perhaps the bank account had money in it but he wasn't earning enough for her in the time they were together.   And who knows whether she was being fair or realistic about how much money he should have or be earning?

Not defending her, but that diamond ring seemed very much like a product placement on the show and many of us thought he may have gotten it either free or at a discount for featuring the brand and showing how "easy" it was to order. 

15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Ugh - Matt. I don't see it, besides them both being tall. Steve is intelligent and articulate. Matt could barely grunt out two consecutive syllables. I hated him.

Yeah, there's no comparison at all.  Steve as far as we know was not a horndog that cheated on Noi.  He seemed in earnest about his commitment to their relationship.  Both his intelligence level and character are head and tails above Matt's, although he was grammatically incorrect in one spot in his Twitter post.  In that particular context you're not "under" the belief but "of" the belief.  "Under" is for impression, not belief.  If he had said, "I am operating under the belief" that would have been correct.  But I'm just being picky there, I know I'm not perfect either.

Also, my husband has filed income taxes of $0 before.  That's a bottom line number after all expenses for the year are factored out and happens when a business had more expenses than income.  She has very little understanding of what it's like to be in business for yourself and it doesn't seem that Steve was able to get through to her about that.  Now if he filed that way every year I'd have a problem with it.  Maybe she thought this was a chronic thing with him and he was either BSing her or exaggerating his earnings power.  We'll never really know the truth.  If Steve seems to continue to do well for himself he'll prove her wrong.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3

Noi basically forced Steve to sleep with her dog Sushi. Something he didn’t want to do, but he gave in on it to make her happy. But despite begging her multiple times not to publicly bitch about him on social media (before even taking her complaints to him), she refused to stop. 

It has been obvious Noi wasn’t into this relationship. On decision day and in their later appearances as a couple, she’s had a sour look on her face. And still refused to move in with him. Do they get a bonus for saying yes on decision day?

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cramps said:

It has been obvious Noi wasn’t into this relationship. On decision day and in their later appearances as a couple, she’s had a sour look on her face. And still refused to move in with him. Do they get a bonus for saying yes on decision day?

So much for her saying she "loved" him.  How immature can you get?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

And Matt was staying out all night in clubs and posted up on dating apps during the marriage. Steve appears to have been committed to Noi.

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If Steve seems to continue to do well for himself he'll prove her wrong.

I really don’t think Steve is, or has ever been, broke. She may need someone with a 9-5; entrepreneurship/freelancing isn’t for everyone (and it shouldn’t be; if everyone owned businesses there wouldn’t be anyone to work at them), which makes her incompatible with Steve (and that’s far from the only reason they’re incompatible) but I simply do not think Steve’s finances were ever out of order. Even during the show I thought more was being made of Steve’s not having a traditional full-time job than was necessary. A lot of people support themselves and others freelancing/owning businesses (freelancing is essentially a one-person business).

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Not defending her, but that diamond ring seemed very much like a product placement on the show and many of us thought he may have gotten it either free or at a discount for featuring the brand and showing how "easy" it was to order. 

17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

They upped the same product placement this season (I fast-forwarded it) so I’m sure that was a product placement.

• Love 2
(edited)

I’ve been there, done that with the spouse’s self employment income being zero. And I was ok  with it.  However, I was also aware of and ok with the fact that I was therefore the income  that was providing for all our household bills, personal expenses  etc.  we had a common goal for that business and we did it together.  

Noi didn’t want to be the person paying all the household bills, etc.   She didn’t want to be part of a non income producing business.  Steve told her he had savings, which he apparently ran out of.  He told her that he could provide for her.   You simply cannot provide for someone else if your income is 0- even if part of your business deductions are home  office type deductions.  You don’t get to claim your entire apartment rent or mortgage, utilities, etc. plus if he claimed his filming income as part of his business income, then his actual business  operated at a loss.  

Steve strikes me as a passive type B personality.  That’s ok- everyone is different.  However he needs to be with someone that is a type A and wants a marriage with a Type B.  That does not describe Noi.  

Noi has a lot of issues too.  She’s got to stop using public social media to discuss her personal life now that filming and the marriage  is over and the divorce has been announced.   She’s not posting to friends and family.  She’s posting to strangers.  She also needs to work on herself because she wants to be a trophy wife, but she’s not trophy wife  material.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
  • Love 3