Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

This is what Jasmine looks like.  She's nowhere near an obese unhealthy unable to walk woman.  😏

I don't know what that poster was talking about, lol. Had to come here to see the photos in case I was misremembering Jasmine.

• Love 3

What a joke. The whole point is that she DOESN'T want to be with her legal spouse. I mean, if the producers told her that the honeymoon in Puerto Rico was conditional on her sharing a room with Chris (notice I said room, not bed), then she would've refused to go. These people sign contracts for a reason. They didn't put her on this show so that they could just film her hanging out with the women. These experts are the same idiots who thought it would be a good idea to cast Chris who had recently gotten out of an engagement, and they were full of BS justifications then too.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Dr Viviana is tweeting during tonight’s show, and she may be as delusional as Alyssa. Experts my ass, 

Dr V: "...and/or separate you from your legal spouse against your wishes."

Yeah, sure, being separated from Chris is Alyssa's gripe.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Mini spoiler - the couples move into apartments in the Revere Beach section of Boston.

Ugh, Alyssa was on the phone with her lawyers trying to get out of her contract before leaving for the honeymoon. What a witch. Poor Chris. He said she has never once said to him that she wasn't attracted to him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I’m sure if they turned the cameras off, Alyssa would have stormed right off to the airport and home! 

nay... as O said, it's nice and toasty in Puerto Rico and a bit nippy in Boston, so that's one reason she's still there

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Well, they could barely force her to be in the vicinity of her legal spouse against her wishes, so they’d probably get a similar end result. I got it. Just make Chris take a step closer to her, and she’d take 2 steps further away until they eventually reach the airport.

They really can't force her to leave; from what I've heard about the contract, as long as she agrees to be filmed, she doesn't really have to spend any time with Chris.

That said, the show can, I would think, tell her that they won't stop Chris from moving into the apartment and they won't pay for a separate apartment for her. The leverage they have is what they will and will not pay for... and how they depict her in editing the episodes. 

Dr V: "...and/or separate you from your legal spouse against your wishes."

Yeah, sure, being separated from Chris is Alyssa's gripe.

That was a stupid thing for Dr. Viv to say in that Alyssa doesn't have any problem being separated from Chris, but if she did want to be with him, they couldn't force her to leave PR. And I think Alyssa wanted to stay in PR - just on her terms, not the show's. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It is a rather delicious irony that Alyssa, who has shown more concern about her portrayal than any previous participant, is now one of the most despised cast members ever. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
21 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Dr Viviana is tweeting during tonight’s show, and she may be as delusional as Alyssa. Experts my ass, 

This is the dumbest response to the negativity she could argue - the girl is literally begging to be separated from her spouse. The cries to "kick her off" or "send her home" is in relation to the filming of the show. Nobody wants to see her sorry ass anymore with her crap attitude. I don't see Dr. Viv addressing any of this, nor the fact that she said ON CAMERA that she hates him! What about that Viv????

• Love 14

I think our clever sleuths have determined there is no "Decision Day" footage of them glimpsed during the season previews, so I'm pretty sure they don't stick around to the end. I sure hope it's sooner rather than later that they go, this stuff is painful to watch. How does Alyssa figure she can ignore the marriage part of the show and just hang out with the rest of the cast? Isn't she aware that doing stuff together with her spouse--the dreaded "intimacy activities", etc.--is part of the cohabitation period? 

Gah, she makes me insane.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Does anyone know how much longer Alyssa and Chris will be on? Or are they over next week when they meet with Cal?

Next week's episode is titled "This is My Decision Day"...so, looks like an ultimatum is given. I'm sure we're still going to see them on camera though.

• Love 6

This is the dumbest response to the negativity she could argue - the girl is literally begging to be separated from her spouse. 

The “experts” embarrass their ridiculous selves on the show. Viv doesn’t need to be extra on sm—unless she’s being paid extra.😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Anyone want to guess whether or not Alyssa will show up to the reunion show? She already walked off mid-interview on the aftershow. 

I'm guessing she won't be there and will have conveniently posted a bunch of pictures on social media with her and some buff stud with great teeth that she claims is her new man (but she probably paid him to pose with her).

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

They really can't force her to leave; from what I've heard about the contract, as long as she agrees to be filmed, she doesn't really have to spend any time with Chris.

The show is the source of the contract so I would be very surprised if they didn't include a clause in there about reserving the right to terminate the contract under certain circumstances, such as the person being in violation of the terms of the contract and not fulfilling their end of the agreement.  I don't think the rules would make it so that she could do anything she wants as long as she agrees to be filmed if that means all by herself having a great time with the other couples minus Chris.  I think she has to play by their other rules anyway and she may not be doing that.  In cases like Paige/Chris or Mindy/Zach the show at least expected them to film with the person and not storm out every time they had to be in their presence for more than 5 minutes.  Paige did walk out a lot at the end but production was able to get her to sit back down with Chris as hard as that was for her.  If someone is not even cooperative to that extent and wants instead to direct the narrative, I would think (even hope) that the show probably has clauses that specifically state that this is grounds for termination of the contract.  Alyssa has already said repeatedly that she can't even stand being in Chris' presence so she is teetering on the edge by doing that.

• Love 5

Anyone want to guess whether or not Alyssa will show up to the reunion show? She already walked off mid-interview on the aftershow. 

I think she absolutely will be there. She won't be able to stay away knowing that people are there talking about her. She may stalk off mid-interview but she will be there, primped and preened within an inch of her life, same three dainty necklaces dangling at her neck.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

The show is the source of the contract so I would be very surprised if they didn't include a clause in there about reserving the right to terminate the contract under certain circumstances, such as the person being in violation of the terms of the contract and not fulfilling their end of the agreement.  I don't think the rules would make it so that she could do anything she wants as long as she agrees to be filmed if that means all by herself having a great time with the other couples minus Chris.  I think she has to play by their other rules anyway and she may not be doing that.  In cases like Paige/Chris or Mindy/Zach the show at least expected them to film with the person and not storm out every time they had to be in their presence for more than 5 minutes.  Paige did walk out a lot at the end but production was able to get her to sit back down with Chris as hard as that was for her.  If someone is not even cooperative to that extent and wants instead to direct the narrative, I would think (even hope) that the show probably has clauses that specifically state that this is grounds for termination of the contract.  Alyssa has already said repeatedly that she can't even stand being in Chris' presence so she is teetering on the edge by doing that.

I'm sure you're right!  And if by any chance they don't, they will now!

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That said, the show can, I would think, tell her that they won't stop Chris from moving into the apartment and they won't pay for a separate apartment for her. The leverage they have is what they will and will not pay for... and how they depict her in editing the episodes. 

Based on how they've edited her, it sounds like the show called her bluff 🙂

• Love 4
On 2/9/2022 at 9:50 PM, CSunshine76 said:

um, OR you guys can just tell her since she is refusing to participate in what she signed up for, they either can pay for her flight home like they were going to anyway or she is responsible for her own payments from then on. 

What Vivianna doesn't want to admit to is keeping her on the show for drama. Alyssa is getting more screen time than any of the couples.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 2/10/2022 at 9:09 AM, cinsays said:

nay... as O said, it's nice and toasty in Puerto Rico and a bit nippy in Boston, so that's one reason she's still there

Speaking of, when was this season filmed? Curious how long ago this was.

• Love 1
On 2/10/2022 at 12:32 AM, gingerandcloves said:

Mini spoiler - the couples move into apartments in the Revere Beach section of Boston.

Ugh, Alyssa was on the phone with her lawyers trying to get out of her contract before leaving for the honeymoon. What a witch. Poor Chris. He said she has never once said to him that she wasn't attracted to him.

Revere is a city about 5 miles north of Boston.  I don't understand why they aren't staying in Boston if it's MAFS Boston.  Their hotel marriage day was in Cambridge which is next to Boston.  Thanks for the spoiler.  I was wondering where the apartments were.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Speaking of, when was this season filmed? Curious how long ago this was.

The weddings were filmed July 23-25. The honeymoons were end of July-Aug 1. Decision Day was end of September.

I also know they just recently filmed the San Diego weddings.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Revere is a city about 5 miles north of Boston.  I don't understand why they aren't staying in Boston if it's MAFS Boston.  Their hotel marriage day was in Cambridge which is next to Boston.  Thanks for the spoiler.  I was wondering where the apartments were.

Both Cambridge and Revere are suburbs of Boston proper and are a part of the general Boston metro. area.  Revere is a stone's throw from downtown Boston and Logan Airport, bordering the East Boston neighborhood of Boston itself.  I'm sure they chose Revere because not only is it easier to get there based on the traffic, parking and logistical issues with getting around the city of Boston, (which can be significant) but it's also less expensive.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

The honeymoons were end of July-Aug 1.

Was it Olajuwon who was saying the reason Alyssa wasn't going back to Boston was that it was 60 degrees there, and 90 in Puerto Rico?  Sixty degrees in July sounds delightful, and far far better than that dinner with all the shiny greasy faces and frizzed hair. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Was it Olajuwon who was saying the reason Alyssa wasn't going back to Boston was that it was 60 degrees there, and 90 in Puerto Rico?  Sixty degrees in July sounds delightful, and far far better than that dinner with all the shiny greasy faces and frizzed hair. 

And all that sunburn! I'm afraid I'm developing melanoma just looking at it. Haven't these people heard of sunscreen???

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Both Cambridge and Revere are suburbs of Boston proper and are a part of the general Boston metro. area.  Revere is a stone's throw from downtown Boston and Logan Airport, bordering the East Boston neighborhood of Boston itself.  I'm sure they chose Revere because not only is it easier to get there based on the traffic, parking and logistical issues with getting around the city of Boston, (which can be significant) but it's also less expensive.

I was just venting because it aggravates me that they couldn't find apartments in Boston instead of Greater Boston.  Maybe because I live in the Dorchester section of Boston.  Or maybe because I'm a Virgo and am picky. Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Even with the pandemic, rents in Boston continue to be pretty high. This is a very nice, new apartment building and Revere is changing over to being more gentrified. I'm sure various spots "bid" to be used by the show for filming. However, when I think of Boston, Revere doesn't come to mind as much as Charleston, Cambridge, Dorchester, etc., does. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, OFDgal said:

I was just venting because it aggravates me that they couldn't find apartments in Boston instead of Greater Boston.  Maybe because I live in the Dorchester section of Boston.  Or maybe because I'm a Virgo and am picky. Lol

The show needs to rent five apartments with at least two bedrooms each in the same complex simultaneously.  I don't know about Boston's vacancy rates, but that would be a challenge in a lot of cities.

19 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

And all that sunburn! I'm afraid I'm developing melanoma just looking at it. Haven't these people heard of sunscreen???

With what looks to be 150% relative humidity and gale force winds, any sunscreen could have slid off or eroded away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

With what looks to be 150% relative humidity and gale force winds, any sunscreen could have slid off or eroded away.

I guess but I'd have taken a bath in SPF 50, worn a gigantic hat and probably long sleeves and sat under an umbrella. One sunburn-to-blistering early in life teaches you to respect the sun.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

Oooh! Local here. Do you know where the weddings were held? I've been dying to know, haven't seen any filming around town so far...

No, not yet. I'll post it when it leaks out. Keep your eyes and ears open, maybe you'll come across some of the cast :) I'm in California too, but up north. I'm excited for a west coast season finally.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

No, not yet. I'll post it when it leaks out. Keep your eyes and ears open, maybe you'll come across some of the cast :) I'm in California too, but up north. I'm excited for a west coast season finally.

Same! Central California here, but so excited to maybe see some places I visit semi-regularly!

1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Woody and Amani are expecting their first child. She's about 6 months along. Congratulations to the happy couple! https://www.essence.com/lifestyle/parenting/woody-amani-pregnant/

So happy for them! And their posts on IG with the photos from the above link are so sweet! The announcement is in conjunction with their 2-year anniversary. I just love them.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

They are one of a kind and MAFS has to be proud of these two. They kind of make up for the experts mistakes. 
Can’t wait to see baby Randall all dressed up!

Yup, one of the few times this show hit gold.

• Love 8

Yup, one of the few times this show hit gold.

Yep. I will fall on my sword and say that I didn't think that Woody was ready and that he was only doing the show because Miles was doing it. I wasn't wild about him in the early episodes and I thought Amani should have been matched with someone else. They have totally proven me wrong and I think they are one of the best matches this show has ever made.

And that is going to be one cute and fashionably dressed and accessorized baby!

• Love 8

In the previews for next week, Steve said that after he and Noi had a fight about something (maybe she still insists on those 3 kids) that he read that she made some comments about the relationship not working on SM. I thought they weren't allowed to post anything while they were taping?

• Useful 5
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

In the previews for next week, Steve said that after he and Noi had a fight about something (maybe she still insists on those 3 kids) that he read that she made some comments about the relationship not working on SM. I thought they weren't allowed to post anything while they were taping?

My theory is that they're allowed to have accounts still but they have to be private. So Noi can post but only her friends can see it (and, ergo, if Steve is one of her friends...). Then they can make their accounts public again once filming is done.

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Am I reading this correctly...Chris has his own real estate agency? In looking at some of the properties sold, methinks Alyssa could have had that horse 😂

https://christophergrp.com/

He's with Compass Realty.  They were my realtors.  I think he heads up a group within the company, that's my take on it.  It's not his own agency but being the head of a group within Compass is not small potatoes either.  What an asshole Alyssa is.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14