Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Jaimie found out that she was fired from one of the husbands from the Houston season. He was in LA to tape Unfiltered and called her asking her where she was. The video did not reveal the name of the husband.

I think Gil might have been a consideration as a replacement if Myrla did not end their marriage. That's just speculation on my part.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Pretty sure it was Ryan that let the cat of the bag, he is friends with a bride from the upcoming Boston season. He called her to see how she was going, she said she was in LA filming Unfiltered and Ryan knew Jamie wasn't there so contacted Jamie to see why she wasn't there for the filming. The problem was Jamie had no idea she had been fired and was preparing to leave for LA the next day to film Unfiltered herself. 

As much as Jamie is annoying it was really low of Kinetic to not even inform Jamie that they had a new host and she would not be needed especially since she expected to leave for LA the next day so was buying her wardrobe for filming.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, crazychicken said:

As much as Jamie is annoying it was really low of Kinetic to not even inform Jamie that they had a new host and she would not be needed especially since she expected to leave for LA the next day so was buying her wardrobe for filming.

I know media is a cut-throat business and I also know that Jamie was not universally praised for her hosting duties (I don't watch the show); HOWEVER, the management strategy of firing her in such a cold and brutal way does NOT sit well with me!

Coupled with the DISMAL results from the last 2 seasons, if the "geniuses" from Kinetic think they can disrespect the loyal viewers of the show by continuing on the path they're on they are SADLY MISTAKEN!

Maybe time for Kinetic to "wake up" and understand the show may be in serious trouble!  Too many production/management mistakes.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I know media is a cut-throat business and I also know that Jamie was not universally praised for her hosting duties (I don't watch the show); HOWEVER, the management strategy of firing her in such a cold and brutal way does NOT sit well with me!

Coupled with the DISMAL results from the last 2 seasons, if the "geniuses" from Kinetic think they can disrespect the loyal viewers of the show by continuing on the path they're on they are SADLY MISTAKEN!

Maybe time for Kinetic to "wake up" and understand the show may be in serious trouble!  Too many production/management mistakes.

I'm not the biggest Jaimie fan but I love her classic and subtle shade when she said that she loved hosting Unfiltered but it was getting hard because the marriages have gotten so bad.

However, selling both homes to live in an RV? It seems like it would be smart to keep at least one if they can afford it.

Good luck to her and her family.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6

The girl Zach cheated on Bao with recorded some phone calls.  I couldn’t listen to the whole thing.  Early on, she says there are women who say they were with Zach while he was married to Michaela and he says “yeah, yeah” so it looks like he’s a serial cheater.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

The girl Zach cheated on Bao with recorded some phone calls.  I couldn’t listen to the whole thing.  Early on, she says there are women who say they were with Zach while he was married to Michaela and he says “yeah, yeah” so it looks like he’s a serial cheater.

As batshit crazy as Michael acted, my gut was saying that she was telling the truth in regards to Zack's behavior.

I knew he did not want to sleep in the same bed just to "cuddle and talk".

He puts up a good game.  He seems like a good-looking dorky but overall nice guy on the surface but seems to really be a total dog.

If Michaela would have just kept her ridiculous temper in check, we would have seen more of this on the show.

I think Zack is a gaslighter.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 8

At least Michaela knows she's a hurricane but Zach puts on an act and wants everyone (especially you, Bao) to think he's this nice guy who was married to a crazy woman.  He truly is a dog.

The woman annoyed me with constantly brushing her hair back.  Use a damn hair clip, lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

The woman annoyed me with constantly brushing her hair back.  Use a damn hair clip, lol. 

Thank you!! 

After the first 5 seconds of the tape the incessant hair gestures compelled me to move on....

WHY do some women do this?  Is it simply a "nervous tic type" thing?

• Love 2

I know that many of the past and some current viewers are really turned off by the past few seasons and some are not watching anymore. What I am interested in is the ratings. Are they going up with the more crazy phony drama? I think most of us started watching, hoping this would end with some real marriages. That does not seem to be the goal anymore and I am just wondering if this show is now changing the viewing demographic? If the ratings were falling, they would do something to fix it. But, if they are not, then we have a choice to make in regards to whether we want to keep watching, knowing that this show is truly being cast with people who want to be on reality tv as their primary goal and don't care how they are portrayed.

• Love 4
On 12/6/2021 at 1:04 PM, pdlinda said:

Totally agreed.  Jamie may be an idiot but the way they got rid of her plus the shit show this has turned into is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.  Giving into fan petitions?  Give me a break.

People complained about Jamie but do they really think the show is going to pick someone better?  Be careful what you wish for.  This show is turning into a 3 ring circus.

I have been a die-hard fan of this show since day 1 and I never bail on shows even if I hang on just for the snark value, but even I am seriously considering bailing on this one now.  I am sticking it out for next season because I live not that far from Boston.  But I am so on the fence about this show it's not funny.  My husband is also considering bailing.  He may not even watch next season.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:19 PM, qtpye said:

However, selling both homes to live in an RV? It seems like it would be smart to keep at least one if they can afford it.

Without her income from the show maybe it's turning out to be a good thing they did.  And if there's any truth to the rumor that she misused government small business pandemic loan money to buy the FL house it also might be for the best if the government should get wind of it and it's found out that she misrepresented herself to get the money in the first place.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I know that many of the past and some current viewers are really turned off by the past few seasons and some are not watching anymore. What I am interested in is the ratings. Are they going up with the more crazy phony drama? I think most of us started watching, hoping this would end with some real marriages. That does not seem to be the goal anymore and I am just wondering if this show is now changing the viewing demographic? If the ratings were falling, they would do something to fix it. But, if they are not, then we have a choice to make in regards to whether we want to keep watching, knowing that this show is truly being cast with people who want to be on reality tv as their primary goal and don't care how they are portrayed.

I have to wonder too.  If the show doesn't realize that most viewers are here to see some real romance come out of this then I think they are seriously mistaken.  I do wonder if they've managed to attract an even bigger audience that loves to see the crazy fake drama but if you read the public's responses on social media you don't get that impression.  They mostly seem like the rest of us that want to see genuine relationships, not the WWE of fake relationships!

I think a show like "Couples Cam" wouldn't exist if there wasn't an audience that wants to see marriages that succeed on this show.  The show may think it has enough of them for now and can afford to play fast and loose with the matches but if next season is like the last two I wonder if they're going to feel a pinch in the ratings.  If I'm even seriously considering bailing it has to be bad and I can't imagine there aren't a lot of people out there thinking the same thing.  I originally thought the show was interesting even if the matches didn't stay together, but now with the added fake crap it's just not real enough for me anymore.  I can't imagine that there's some new audience out there that doesn't care that any of this is for real or somehow believes it's real.  I guess I'm not willing to think that just yet.  I still want to hold out some hope for humanity to not be on board with this crap.

• Love 8

I think the concept and process is so flawed.  You recruit people, which means you aren’t getting committed and dedicated people.you don’t match people up properly.   You film things like bachelor parties for entertainment.  You don’t set them up with daily counseling check ins and  twice weekly couples therapy.  Real therapy, not sex games for filming.
you don’t give them real assignments.  Many churches have pre- marital counseling for the couple.  Why aren’t these couples doing that each week?  
it’s all for reality tv entertainment not for true matchmaking.   

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I think the concept and process is so flawed.  You recruit people, which means you aren’t getting committed and dedicated people.

I don’t think that is necessarily true. Length of people out there may be committed to the idea of finding a spouse but they just don’t watch the show. Most of my friends have never heard of it. I agree that many of the cast members seem I’ll suited for marriage but I don’t have a problem with producer’s finding people on dating apps (or whatever), reaching out to them and saying “you might be a good fit for our show; please apply…”

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

it’s all for reality tv entertainment not for true matchmaking.  

I think during the original few seasons some authenticity in the show's intentions existed.  However it was always premised on being ENTERTAINMENT.

This, after all, is a SHOW.  It has SPONSORS.  It needs RATINGS to attract more and more sponsors who supply the $$$$ to make the producers rich$$$.

Then there is the issue of appropriate cast members.  I think after a few seasons many would-be "appropriate" cast members understood all the negative publicity and breaches of their reputation that may accompany his/her "15 minutes of fame."  

Also, many appropriate candidates didn't have the type of employment that would lend itself to filming schedules demanded by the producers. 

So, in the end, because it's a SHOW, other strategies had to be employed (like recruiting) to keep the "gravy train" running.  

I found the same dynamic with another erstwhile favorite reality show, "My 600-lb-Life" I used to love watching. 

At the beginning of its run of "600", the emphasis was on having candidates ready, willing and able to participate in the weight loss protocol that led to weight loss surgery.  There were a LOT of success stories. 

Now, as with MAFS, successes are rarely even filmed and the emphasis seems to be (like with MAFS) ginning up as much "drama" and dysfunctional behaviors of the participants as possible to get through the 2 hr (again, like MAFS) episodes offered each week.

I'm losing interest in that show, too; however, in both cases, I think the producers have a "cash cow" as the # of sponsors in both instances seems to have skyrocketed!!

• Love 2
On 12/7/2021 at 11:20 PM, Yeah No said:

If I'm even seriously considering bailing it has to be bad and I can't imagine there aren't a lot of people out there thinking the same thing. 

This was me this season. It's why I look at spoilers early now - after the last Atlanta season I was so tired of this show and there was zero break between seasons. It's on year round now! And when I saw the spoilers that zero couples stayed together, I decided not to waste any more time on this dud. I watched through the weddings and then bailed. I really didn't miss it. I missed this forum more than the actual show!

I'm not feeling too great about the next one either - promos already hyping the drama. Blech.

• Love 4

I never watched the Couples Cam (OK, I watched part of it once) because it seemed so phony and I really didn't care about the couples I didn't even know. It seems that this season they didn't have the one where they each gave their comments on the current show. Instead they had it focused on those couples and not their thoughts on the episode. I wonder if that will be on again?

I also wonder if the ratings took a dive because no one else cared about the actual episodes or the people on them, beyond the stupid Unfiltered show. How many times can you go over the same fake show? Maybe since on Unfiltered, many of the cast seemed to give away things that they weren't supposed to (I see you, Johnny), that perhaps they will revamp the whole thing and have those filmed in real time, right after the episode  instead of after the whole season is done.

Or, just put a cork in it, because this show, for what it WAS, is done.

• Love 6

UK Daily Mail is also reporting that Rachel and Jose filed for divorce.  I wonder who the Plaintiff is.  I had a feeling they weren't going to get back together.  I would bet that even if she wanted to make things work, her family and friends would never let her forget about the night he locked her out.  So, that means Season 13 was 0-5.  And yet, singles continue to apply.  Sigh.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

She lasted longer than I ever would being married to that angry little troll. I wouldn’t be surprised if she filed.  Good for her. 

He was an explosion waiting to happen and if she stayed with him (ESPECIALLY if children were involved) her life would have been made a living hell. 

He would have pulled every financial trick in he book to fight her for alimony and child support.

Rachel dodged a bullet!!

• Love 6

Re: Rachel and Jose - I wonder if how much fun Rachel was having with her good (single) friend, Myrla, helped her make the decision. It was the right decision as they were never well-suited, regardless of the words they used.  I think they are both extremely annoying, but it would be my guess that she was the one to file. Maybe chalk this one up to being around "Summer Rachel."

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

This is the first time since Season 4 that all the couples divorced. Which was why they upped it to 5 couples. I’ve noticed that for the last three seasons, none of the Caucasian couples stayed together.  Perhaps it’s time to bring in new “experts” or use the non-binding arrangement like the UK and Australia. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

This is the first time since Season 4 that all the couples divorced. Which was why they upped it to 5 couples. I’ve noticed that for the last three seasons, none of the Caucasian couples stayed together.  Perhaps it’s time to bring in new “experts” or use the non-binding arrangement like the UK and Australia. 

Weren't Jessica and Austin on in that time frame???  Steph and DJ?  Elizabeth and Jamie?  One season seems to blend into the next for me at this point😊

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Weren't Jessica and Austin on in that time frame???  Steph and DJ?  Elizabeth and Jamie?  One season seems to blend into the next for me at this point😊

The last season was 13.  Jessica and Austin were on 10 (DC) and Elizabeth and Jamie were on 9 (North Carolina).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

The show must have thought the odds would be better that at least one or two couples would stay together if they upped it to 5.  That is where they were wrong.  It's even more of a spectacular fail.

Also I've noticed a trend toward more non-Caucasian couples as the seasons progress.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2021 at 9:04 PM, Yeah No said:

The show must have thought the odds would be better that at least one or two couples would stay together if they upped it to 5.  That is where they were wrong.  It's even more of a spectacular fail.

It does look terrible when it's 0-5. It's sad that a show that promotes marriage has actually done more for the divorce rate in this country......

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

It does look terrible when it's 0-5. It's sad that a show that promotes marriage has actually done more for the divorce rate in this country......

I couldn't agree with you more. 

As a blissfully happy divorced woman who still has great love and respect for the institution of marriage I viewed the earlier seasons as an antidote to my own cynicism toward the "bonds of matrimony."  

Now, with these last few seasons, I breathe a sigh of relief and resignation when these mismatched and generally dysfunctional "mates" sever their marital bond ASAP and move on with their lives.  

• Love 6
On 12/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, Adeejay said:

UK Daily Mail is also reporting that Rachel and Jose filed for divorce.  I wonder who the Plaintiff is.  I had a feeling they weren't going to get back together.  I would bet that even if she wanted to make things work, her family and friends would never let her forget about the night he locked her out.  So, that means Season 13 was 0-5.  And yet, singles continue to apply. Get recruited from dating sites.  Sigh.

FIFY.  😆

• LOL 1

And yet, singles continue to apply. Get recruited from dating sites.  Sigh.

I still don't understand why recruiting from dating sites is bad. People who are looking for a partner are on those sites. It seems to me like a really logical place to look. I don't think that this show has sufficient viewership or name recognition that they can sit back and wait for people to apply, particularly not within the demographic being recruited.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Isn't the point of having a "guilty pleasure" show to get some pleasure from it? I guess I can no longer claim this as a guilty pleasure. I think I am ready to be done. But, I do love the comments here!

So true! It's gone from guilty pleasure to dreaded chore when I see it in my DVR. I didn't miss the show at all after I stopped past the weddings, but I did miss interacting with everyone here. Maybe I'll stick it out this next season if there is even one decent couple. It shouldn't be that hard for them to get at least two normal people who are willing to compromise and work towards a loving relationship, right? Oh who am i kidding - the same three experts producer mouthpieces are still the pickers......

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I’m sorry, can you please explain what FIFY is?  

Overall, the definition of FIFY is “fixed it for you.” It is used when someone has solved a problem on your behalf. It is also commonly used on internet forums like Reddit as a contradiction to something another user has said or written.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

FIFY.  😆

1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

I’m sorry, can you please explain what FIFY is?  

Your original quote said that "singles continue to apply".  I crossed out the word "apply" and wrote "Get recruited from dating sites" (in italics, below):

ON 12/10/2021 AT 4:49 PM,  ADEEJAY SAID: 

UK Daily Mail is also reporting that Rachel and Jose filed for divorce.  I wonder who the Plaintiff is.  I had a feeling they weren't going to get back together.  I would bet that even if she wanted to make things work, her family and friends would never let her forget about the night he locked her out.  So, that means Season 13 was 0-5.  And yet, singles continue to apply. Get recruited from dating sites.  

FIFY means "Fixed It For You".  It's meant as a joke.  In other words, I was joking that many of the singles don't "apply" for this show, but rather get recruited from dating sites.

Hence, one of the possibilities of the low margin of show success.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 4

Just read about someone Zack was talking to. She messaged him DURING THE SHOW! You get what you deserve! Same as Bao! She knew he was a bser. I'm not surprised & I have no pity for fools that chose to engage with him. Take the lesson & keep it moving.

On 12/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, Retired at last said:

Isn't the point of having a "guilty pleasure" show to get some pleasure from it? I guess I can no longer claim this as a guilty pleasure. I think I am ready to be done. But, I do love the comments here!

Good point!  I certainly did not get any pleasure from this season.  Have to ponder whether I'm going to stick with it.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Jose is now free to pursue a relationship with his one true love, Johnny.

...and Rachel is free to pal around with her BFF Myrla.  Those 2 "couples" have a high expectation for success😀

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 12/8/2021 at 2:05 AM, Yeah No said:

I never bail on shows even if I hang on just for the snark value,

Me too usually, although the one thing that has made me quit on shows is when they go to 2 hours long.  (Remember when The Bachelor was 1 hour, 1 day a week?). The only reason I've kept this show around  is because there's nothing on Thursday - Saturday evenings so I drag it out for those 3 nights 😄

On 12/14/2021 at 2:08 PM, Elizzikra said:

I still don't understand why recruiting from dating sites is bad. People who are looking for a partner are on those sites. It seems to me like a really logical place to look. I don't think that this show has sufficient viewership or name recognition that they can sit back and wait for people to apply, particularly not within the demographic being recruited.

I don't think recruiting from dating sites is bad either.  Their problem is that not everyone on those sites is looking for marriage, and whoever's in charge at MAFS cannot seem to even begin to discern between those who are/aren't.  Here's a tip in case they're reading:  if a guy tells you he MUST be IMMEDIATELY attracted to his bride at the altar or this won't work . . . NEXT!!!

• Love 3

Their problem is that not everyone on those sites is looking for marriage, and whoever's in charge at MAFS cannot seem to even begin to discern between those who are/aren't.

Yeah but I'm thinking that not everyone who answers a casting call for MAFS is looking for marriage either...

• Love 3

To me, when you say someone has been recruited, I get the feeling that they jump to the front of the line and possibly go through a less vigorous vetting, although that is just my interpretation. They used to show all the rooms filled with people who are being tested and interviewed and, for some reason, I don't know if that is true for recruited people. Maybe they recruit them and ask them to apply or maybe they just recruit them and put them on the show. Either way, it is now extremely obvious that none of these people who end up on the show are vetted, or else they are selected just because they have drama, but it is not the same as it used to be. I think back then people did apply to get matched and married. Now it is for reality TV "fame."

• Love 1
On 12/19/2021 at 2:46 PM, Retired at last said:

To me, when you say someone has been recruited, I get the feeling that they jump to the front of the line and possibly go through a less vigorous vetting, although that is just my interpretation. They used to show all the rooms filled with people who are being tested and interviewed and, for some reason, I don't know if that is true for recruited people. Maybe they recruit them and ask them to apply or maybe they just recruit them and put them on the show. Either way, it is now extremely obvious that none of these people who end up on the show are vetted, or else they are selected just because they have drama, but it is not the same as it used to be. I think back then people did apply to get matched and married. Now it is for reality TV "fame."

There was an article on here several years ago about people from I believe the British version - the guy was recruited to try out for a "dating show" but he said it was a while into the process before he found out it was a "marriage show" 😄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1