Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Just going by looks alone, Johnny would have jumped at the chance to be matched with Alyssa or Noi.  LOL

Lindsay reminds me of Brett with those flapjack breasts hanging down in her wedding dress.

I was going to comment on Lindsay's choice of a gown too - must have consulted with Rachel or Myrla 

• LOL 3

I for one will not miss Jamie O on Unfiltered. I also unfollowed her on IG. I just couldn't stand the constant TMI and half naked pictures of herself. Good Riddance.

I almost wish they would hire someone that was not a former participant, like a Kevin Frazier. Although, he bugs me too sometimes - I hate that he takes sides and badgers people. It's too much and sometimes looks like bullying to me.

If I had to pick a replacement from the participant pool, I would say Woody and Amani, or Ashley and Anthony. Or shoot, even rotating people would be interesting.....

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

People has the Boston matches. I think two of the men are unattractive. Interesting that one guy knows Jephte from the first Boston season.

That is interesting since Jephte hated his match, at first, and would not sleep in the same room with her.

Most of the ladies are pretty.

2 hours ago, cinsays said:

I was going to comment on Lindsay's choice of a gown too - must have consulted with Rachel or Myrla 

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I agree about Lindsay's dress. It's horrible. It seems like more of them are in their 30s again. Could be interesting, but I am not counting on it, based on the last two seasons.

Her gown is terrible and is not giving her breasts anything in the way of proper support. She might as well walk down the aisle topless.

• Love 4

I noticed the unattractive boobage right away too. I do think she's a cute girl though. I'm not holding out hope for these matches any more. Even the preview is saying the new season is "Drama, drama drama". Great. SMH. I might hang on for the San Diego season just to see if it's any better but if it's still as bad, I think I'm done with this show.

• Love 5

Thanks for the people mag link…I needed my next little MAFS fix! I must say though, I got a kick out of how many of the individual profiles of these Boston participants mention how they have so much faith in the process and/or the experts. Have these people never seen the show??? Mismatched finances, bad allergies/pet combos, contrasting lifestyles, different positions on having kids, etc…basically the MAFS experts have managed to pair so many people with deal breaker characteristics I can’t even name them all. And don’t get me started on the participants with scary behavior or even criminal records. I wouldn’t trust these experts to pick out an apple for me at the market, never mind a spouse! 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I want some west coast couples, no offense to Boston but come on!

Those dudes would make Jamie O cry.  

I'm originally from NYC but living in New England for 20+ years.  It has always amazed me how unattractive most of the men are here compared to other areas of the country.  There are some good looking men but far less of them than in the Midwest and South.  Even the NYC area has better looking men!

14 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I noticed the unattractive boobage right away too. I do think she's a cute girl though. 

Looks like she's trying to outdo Brett in the unattractive boobage category, LOL.

• Love 4

I have no problem with tattoos in general but for some reason, neck tattoos always look so damn painful to me.

It also distracts from a cute face, weirdly even more than a face tattoo does.

• Love 6
On 11/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, kristen111 said:

I don’t know why they picked Beth.  She’s so loud and a camera hog.  I turned it off.  Jamie had her gig with Doug last week.  She will never leave.

Ha!  I said she would never leave, but meantime she got fired.  I wonder if they gave her a reason?  Her contract must have been up,and people wrote in that they couldn’t stand her.  She must be beside herself.  What’s next?  MaybeDoug should get a job and her a SAHM.

3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I feel the same. I mostly skipped this last season after seeing the spoilers that none of the couples stayed together. I made it to through the weddings. I didn't want to slog through another shit show like the one prior to this one - it went on for almost six months! The minute I hear the show bragging about "drama drama drama" I am immediately on alert that it's another garbage season. I really don't expect all of the couples to stay married, but 0/10 in the last two seasons is pathetic. 

Vinny and Briana are still married from season 12 and Rachel and José are still married from season 13 (although probably not for long).

But I agree with you about not wanting to slog through another train wreck/shit show of a season.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Ha!  I said she would never leave, but meantime she got fired.  I wonder if they gave her a reason?  Her contract must have been up,and people wrote in that they couldn’t stand her.  She must be beside herself.  What’s next?  MaybeDoug should get a job and her a SAHM.

I think in the beginning Jaimie was kind of the MAFS golden child.

Pretty enough to be on the bachelor but found true love on MAFS, even though her husband initially repulsed her.

Now even that type of Z-list shine has faded and she is the queen of oversharing on social media. Jaimie is the type of pleaser that thinks if she does everything they say, her employer will never get rid of her.

The truth is a company will get rid of anyone for good reasons, no reasons, or bad reasons. 

• Love 6

Next up: Conscious Uncoupling through RV living with Jamie and Doug.

wonder if he’ll get alimony and Jamie’s sex drive will miraculously reappear. 
I don’t think Jamie changed her mind so much as she resigned herself to her because of she could doing her tv thing and his parents are lovely but I doubt without the show, his parents would be enough to keep them together 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bref said:

I'm guessing that perhaps this is just some website's summary from a preview for tomorrow night's reunion part 2, but there's some stuff here I hadn't heard before.

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-myrla-feria-johnny-lam-run-off-to-mexico-together/?fbclid=IwAR3maaBKWdJdRm7HyhVDi4-B949koeGOINJ-o2dq6eaUOvwn10t25hzpiF8

There was a Reddit user who says she used to date someone on MAFS but did not say who.

Eventually, people figured out it was Johnny.

She said the following:

1. Johnny is incredibly charismatic and charming in person,
  2. There was some speculation that he was gay but she did not think so because of her experience with him (she did not go into detail...thank God)
  3. They rarely spent quality alone time together and were always with his friends ( his friends are very nice).
  4. She thinks he dumped her because she did not have enough money.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

That soapdirt article was interesting. They make a perfect superficial, no substance couple. And, of course, Myrla didn't say the truth. She is an expert at letting people think what she wants them to think. They deserve each other. 

It didn't seem to hint at the Bao/Zack relationship. Maybe we will get that in the Where Are They Now? show that is on after this one tonight. This season will never die! I wonder who is hosting that one? I might watch that if it is not JamieO, but I think we are done seeing her, maybe, I hope.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Vinny and Briana are still married from season 12 and Rachel and José are still married from season 13 (although probably not for long).

I thought Rachel and Jose were separated? I wasn't including them, but I guess since they are technically still married they count, but even including them, five out of 20 is pretty bad. If you look at just the last two seasons, 2/10 is awful. Since DC, the only season that has produced more than 1 successful couple is New Orleans. That one was looking fantastic, but the demise of Bennett an Amelia has sunk it's success ratio some.

I really don't think Jose and Rachel will go the distance though and this season will end up an abysmal 0/5. We are nearing seasons 2-4 levels of garbage matches......

• Love 4
On 11/21/2021 at 8:15 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Bennett and Amelia have filed for divorce.

No surprise there, she seemed to me to be going through a quirky phase, which wouldn't last. They looked like stunt casting (shocker, I know).

Bye, Jamie. Good luck, as long as you stay off of my TV.

And seriously, I'm expected to believe that Johnny is charismatic and charming? Stop it. Because while these editing monkeys try to disguise, neither of those qualities can be seen on/in him.  

• Love 7
11 hours ago, buttersister said:

No surprise there, she seemed to me to be going through a quirky phase, which wouldn't last. They looked like stunt casting (shocker, I know).

I follow her on IG and she's still pretty damn quirky.

Myrla is on the Hinge dating app. She also bought a little dog from a pet store/puppy mill place that has people upset. It's name is Porsche.

17 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I bet The only reason Jose and Rachel are still married is because the producers bribed them so the season didn’t look like a complete dumpster fire. 

You think?  I think they both really want it to work, but Jose may not be able to control his domineering ways and his vengefulness.  

• Love 6
19 hours ago, princelina said:

So I was browsing at Barnes and Noble doing some Christmas shopping, and what do you think I saw?  "Marriage Isn't for Punks" by Calvin Robertson!!! (He has not scored a front rack/table for his tome 😄 )

Yeah, his slogan is total bullshit when you look at his day job here and the amount of punks he's had a hand in "casting" for "real marriages".........

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Yeah, his slogan is total bullshit when you look at his day job here and the amount of punks he's had a hand in "casting" for "real marriages".........

I was looking on the Christian books shelf for a book for my MIL - that's where this book is being sold 😐

Reddit is on fire with a 21 year old female posting that Zach has cheated on Bao with her.  Could be true and could be faked (screenshots of IG messages posted as the receipts).  Don’t believe Zach or Bao have responded yet which I think is odd.

1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

Reddit is on fire with a 21 year old female posting that Zach has cheated on Bao with her.  Could be true and could be faked (screenshots of IG messages posted as the receipts).  Don’t believe Zach or Bao have responded yet which I think is odd.

I haven't heard anything about that yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Zack appears to have a lot of issues, he just lucked out that Michaela was louder and more explosive, therefore came off crazier than him. He's the type of person who is charming and sweet when you initially meet him, but comes off to me like he would pick apart anything his partner said/did and use it as a valid excuse to leave the person once he realized he just wasn't into her anymore. I don't see him with a long-lasting partner but who knows, I could be wrong. I do hope that they stay together so Johnny can have a hissy fit and realize people do find her attractive and likable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Being as I think the where are they now episode was filmed this summer… do we even know if Zack and Bao are still together? 
second, I’ve learned to take outings on the internet with a grain of salt.  Photoshop, faked videos, etc. 

On 11/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, Crashcourse said:

Lindsay reminds me of Brett with those flapjack breasts hanging down in her wedding dress.

That reason alone is enough to make me not tune into the season.  I don't think that level of "eye burn" is sustainable!!😄

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Zack appears to have a lot of issues, he just lucked out that Michaela was louder and more explosive, therefore came off crazier than him. 

Yeah - yet he had no problem continuing to have sex with her, even after decision day. There's something off with him.

• Love 7

Did anyone listen to the Clubhouse chat with Elena? Apparently Gil's AMA took place around the same time. Some highlight's from Gil's AMA include:

• He's only in touch with Ryan, Michaela, and occasionally Brett. He mentioned the Astro's game with Jose. 
  • Myrla and Johnny are not a couple. He seems less upset with M & J than his fans are.
  • He would never date any of the other MAFS wives.
  • He would consider hosting Unfiltered if asked. He would not go on The Bachelor.
  • Right now he's focused on healing, not dating.
  • Although he can have a beard during paramedic training, he shaved his beard due to his new captain.
  • Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Spouts have good and/or underrated chocolate chip cookies. Make sure the Chick-Fil-A cookies are warm and fresh.
  • He was named after a Brazilian soccer player.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 11/22/2021 at 3:03 PM, Ilovepie said:

I for one will not miss Jamie O on Unfiltered. I also unfollowed her on IG. I just couldn't stand the constant TMI and half naked pictures of herself. Good Riddance.

I almost wish they would hire someone that was not a former participant, like a Kevin Frazier. Although, he bugs me too sometimes - I hate that he takes sides and badgers people. It's too much and sometimes looks like bullying to me.

If I had to pick a replacement from the participant pool, I would say Woody and Amani, or Ashley and Anthony. Or shoot, even rotating people would be interesting.....

Oh god no, not Amani, and Ashley gets on my nerves too.  Usually, I agree with you ILOVEPIE, but not in this case.  

I think Unfiltered would be much more valuable to the viewers if it was filmed at the same time the show was filming, instead of after everything is done.  That is so fake to me.  I know they do it, so they know what footage they have to show on Unfiltered, but it's all so fake. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I'm finding it interesting how many of these participants have spent time with Ryan since filming ended.  Maybe he was just super aware of the cameras during filming and so didn't talk much and is actually more fun in real life.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Ryan seemed fairly engaging on Unfiltered. My impression of him is that he could be a really good friend and a mediocre to awfully disengaged partner. 

At the end of Gil's AMA, he said maybe he wouldn't be interested in something like Unfiltered because he's not a nosy person and follow up questions aren't his thing. Yet during the show he asked the questions a nosy person would ask a couple of times. 

If Unfiltered was filmed at the same time as the show, would viewing ones partners confessionals or conversations with other have a positive or negative impact on the experience for the participants?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Oh god no, not Amani, and Ashley gets on my nerves too.  Usually, I agree with you ILOVEPIE, but not in this case.  

Ha Ha Ha - thanks @cardigirl! Just curious - who is your preferred MAFS Alumni? I completely agree about filming it in real time though!

On 12/1/2021 at 5:54 AM, Jax7917 said:

Zack appears to have a lot of issues, he just lucked out that Michaela was louder and more explosive, therefore came off crazier than him.

You know, I think there are A LOT of participants who in some ways got lucky they were paired with a bigger dud than they were. I would put Tristan (married to Mia), Olivia (married to Brett) and Henry (married to Christina) in this category. I'm sure there's more. Just because their spouses were bigger assholes than they were, didn't make them good candidates for this show. They just got more sympathy and escaped some (not all obviously) wrath that would have come their way had they been married to a better spouse.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Myrla and Johnny are not a couple. He seems less upset with M & J than his fans are.

Then why was he crying and acting all butt hurt on the reunion show?  

I'm not surprised that Johnny and Myrla aren't a couple, I got the impression that they were just having fun together.

Zack is a dog.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Ha Ha Ha - thanks @cardigirl! Just curious - who is your preferred MAFS Alumni? I completely agree about filming it in real time though!

I like Steph and A.J. but I don't know that they would be good for the Unfiltered role.  I also enjoy Jamie and Beth. 😲 They might be fun in that role. Keith and Kristine, Deonna and Greg, Briana and Vincent are all cute.  I could really see Deonna and Greg hosting that show together.  Jessica and Austin are sweet, but I don't think they would be good in that role. No Mindy, please.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

I like Steph and A.J. but I don't know that they would be good for the Unfiltered role.  I also enjoy Jamie and Beth. 😲 They might be fun in that role. Keith and Kristine, Deonna and Greg, Briana and Vincent are all cute.  I could really see Deonna and Greg hosting that show together.  Jessica and Austin are sweet, but I don't think they would be good in that role. No Mindy, please.  

While I love Steph and AJ, I'm not sure that's a good fit for them. I like Jamie & Beth in small doses, so I think I would tire of her being so extra very quickly. Also, both of these couples seem to be love em or hate em levels of polarizing.

I like Deonna and Greg, Briana and Vincent and Jessica and Austin, but all three I think would be boring.

I second Queen Kristine and Keith - sweet, funny and willing to be honest. Well, Kristine at least. Keith will just say "whatever Kristine thinks" ;-p

Personally, I don't think anyone who got divorced should be chosen. And no Paige and Haley ever again in any capacity, please.

• Love 6

I'm finding it interesting how many of these participants have spent time with Ryan since filming ended.  Maybe he was just super aware of the cameras during filming and so didn't talk much and is actually more fun in real life.

Maybe he’s buying.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/2/2021 at 4:02 AM, Booger666 said:

I’m not in Clubhouse - so many forums to be in but I’m loyal to my Primetimers :)

There is a summary on reddit:

Sorry, I can't quote a small piece from the screenshot above.

Allright, Zack...you claim to be put off by crazy, but "Supposedly his biggest fantasy/fascination was with Latina women."? I'm sure there are exceptions, but if this is true then you're as on-board as it gets with the crazy, so I'mma call you on yet more BS you're spewing.

Despite the crying fits, I was on Team Zack for about 3/4 of the season. Now, boy...bye. He's as whacked as Michaela, if not more.

• Love 8