Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I put MY predictions and speculations in the actual episode discussion. But when it is something I have read and is supposed to be true, but we haven't seen it on the show, then I treat that as a spoiler and post it there. I am not sure if that doesn't count once the show is over. It's still something we haven't actually seen, so I will just keep posting in that thread.

Well, it looks like Jamie O is getting kicked out - tonight's "Let's rehash this whole season AGAIN, and also let's talk about OUR marriages" is being hosted by Beth Bice and Briana. I will pass. Beth is ALMOST as annoying as Jamie, and I don't see Briana getting a word in.

• Love 4
On 11/10/2021 at 1:14 PM, Ilovepie said:

Anyone see MAFSfan's post on IG today that Brett started dating someone else after the one month anniversary?

I quit watching but I still read all the spoilers and commentary on this site. Not one thing posted has made me regret it. After last season with Chris and this season with almost everybody, is there any hope for this stupid show?

Maybe if they go down the Aus/UK route, much more fun.

58 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Maybe if they go down the Aus/UK route, much more fun.

I really hope not, although they are halfway there now with all of these obviously horrible choices. I would prefer a return to a much more earnest and real show. If they continue to cast these unstable assholes, then making it like the Australia version where they don't actually get married would be much kinder to the people that go into this looking for a real relationship. Although at this stage, if that's really what you want, you should not be going on this show........

• Love 5

Just got a few headlines in my news feed giving previews for the show tonight. First, Kevin F goes after Jose to get him to admit that he locked Rachel out on purpose and that he was a jerk and was getting even for her calling him the wrong name. I guess he kind of tries to talk his way around it, but finally admits it.

Also, Ryan's sister is the one who outs Brett! She said she was feeling bad for how Ryan was treating her until she found out that it was BRETT who was seeing someone else. According to the article, Brett looked shocked. By the way, if she doesn't harness those breasts, she is not going to be able to stand in a few years with the back trouble she will have. In addition to that, she sure isn't doing herself any favors or showing Ryan, "See what you could have had?" if that was her intent.

Two hour Reunion followed by a 2-hour Rehash the season #874 hosted by Beth Bice and Briana. 2 hours!!!!

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 2
On 11/17/2021 at 9:12 AM, Retired at last said:

Well, it looks like Jamie O is getting kicked out - tonight's "Let's rehash this whole season AGAIN, and also let's talk about OUR marriages" is being hosted by Beth Bice and Briana. I will pass. Beth is ALMOST as annoying as Jamie, and I don't see Briana getting a word in.

So Jamie O IS out as the MAFS Unfiltered host - I'm kind of shocked. I thought she had that gig sewed up. Maybe all the jokes about Gil coming for her job had a kernel of truth. I'd kind of love it if it IS Gil replacing her. Who do you guys think will get the job?

• Love 4

As annoying as Beth was on her season, she is actually fairly decent at these types of shows.

Now that Myrla and Gil are done, it's not necessarily in the MAFS brand's best interest to have him host. He would be a perpetual reminder that they couldn't even get it right when matching, a charming, patient, romantic, brave, handsome firefighter.

Miles bores me. But he is more charming than Doug. Why not have him replace Jamie? His relationship with Karen is a better example of how the MAFS experts occasionally get it right even when for months it seems like they got it wrong. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, princelina said:

I myself have always found adults who are able to "move in" in a heartbeat, with no stuff to get rid of, suspicious.  If any of these couples stay together, doesn't that mean at least one person will have to get rid of a lot of their stuff?  I mean like sofas, dining tables, etc.  

Amelia from NOLA had roommates and her match, Bennett, lived in a tiny house with no plumbing - so I don't think either of them had to get rid of much. The awful Matt (of Matt and Amber; the international basketball, I'm gonna' go kick it with an Instagram model, yo'" guy) was essentially homeless, so he didn't have anything either. I think that Woody (NOLA; Woody and Amani) lived with his grandma, so presumably he only had about a room's worth of stuff too (though his wardrobe was extensive). There are probably others I don't remember, but not all of them have tons of stuff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

No, she is gone. It was in People magazine, and Jamie posted a boo-hoo post on Instagram.

Wow that's big news!  I had no idea.  Isn't Jamie the breadwinner with Doug the stay at home dad!

Two houses no jobs.  What a predicament!

• Love 2

Again, not a fan the oversharing on social media to strangers, but she has been so miserable in her marriage and trying to save it for so long, maybe she should focus on that and, I don't know, let her husband get a job? I don't know what he does, but there seems to be no shortage of available jobs.

If they bring in a new host, I might try watching again. I remember the few times I did watch, it just felt too high school for me - "let's all talk about people and situations we weren't privy to so we can feel better about our own new relationships."

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gosh I tried to find the article but no luck.  Did they say why?  Was she surprised?

I don’t think they’ve disclosed why.  I read it was a surprise because the day before she posted about getting ready to travel to LA the following day to start filming.

• Useful 3

I thought I saw it in People on my news feed, but maybe it was the Monsters and Critics article. Anyway, it seems like it wasn't her choice, since it came as a surprise, and Doug is consoling her in the comments on her IG post. I can't picture her ever letting go of that job willingly.

I don't know what they'll do now. Might be hard to hold a regular job while they're living the van life. Realistically, Jamie should go back to nursing - it's a good paying, in demand job - and let Doug find some IT work from home job or be a SAHD (in an actual house, not RV). But I don't think that's exciting enough for Jamie, she loves media attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Amelia from NOLA had roommates and her match, Bennett, lived in a tiny house with no plumbing - so I don't think either of them had to get rid of much. The awful Matt (of Matt and Amber; the international basketball, I'm gonna' go kick it with an Instagram model, yo'" guy) was essentially homeless, so he didn't have anything either. I think that Woody (NOLA; Woody and Amani) lived with his grandma, so presumably he only had about a room's worth of stuff too (though his wardrobe was extensive). There are probably others I don't remember, but not all of them have tons of stuff.

Exactly - Amelia is the only one who doesn't come off as suspicious, because she was in school and living with roommates.  Woody turned out to be a good guy, but a man in his 30s living with grandma requires investigation.  (Mr Ps parents make many foolish decisions; when I met him he made sure the friend who introduced us told me that they lived with him, not the other way around 😄. So when he moved in with me he sold them his house and left his furniture with them.  Why didn't they have any of their own?  Suspicious). Obviously Matt was a dirtball and the example of why one should be suspicious.  As a rule on this show, Pepper goes to their apartments and peeks in their refrig and underwear drawers (rather than finding out their thoughts on children, pets and finances) so I think most of them have had their own apartments, furniture, etc.  So if they stay together someone has to get rid of some stuff.  All I'm saying is that I don't think it's weird that Gil sold his stuff; Myrla's was probably nicer and not covered in dog drool.  Now he has to move out and get new stuff.  I wonder if the new house had the photos of Myrla doing cartwheels in her bikini prominently displayed?  No wonder he wanted to be the one to move out 😄

So I did a bit of YouTube and they are living in a van!!!  Who knew.   Jamie said she lived in a broken down trailer and did ok so…off they go!

She said they wanted to be closer to family.  Wasn’t their home close to Doug’s parents?

Im thinking they sold the NJ house but still have the Florida one. 

Bottom line is I think she’s the biggest kookie dook  ever. Too bad Doug doesn’t man up and get his family in order!

• Love 5

The MAFS Gravy Train's last stop is Divorceville for Jamie and Doug. Beth has been been after that Unfiltered job all along. While she can be super annoying with her over the top fame whoredom at least she doesn't seem to share every burp and fart like Jamie. 

• Love 7

I wonder how Woody would do in a hosting gig. Amani has been on more of these types of shows but I think she’s too polite to host solo. She repeatedky resists offending anyone but I think Woody might be more direct. But I’m supportive of Gil hosting for that same reason. He doesn’t tiptoe around anyone, which is what the show really needs if the producers want compelling TV.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/17/2021 at 12:12 PM, Retired at last said:

I don’t know why they picked Beth.  She’s so loud and a camera hog.  I turned it off.  Jamie had her gig with Doug last week.  She will never leave.

• Love 6
On 11/19/2021 at 1:18 PM, gingerandcloves said:

So Jamie O IS out as the MAFS Unfiltered host - I'm kind of shocked. I thought she had that gig sewed up. Maybe all the jokes about Gil coming for her job had a kernel of truth. I'd kind of love it if it IS Gil replacing her. Who do you guys think will get the job?

Whaaaat ?  Jamie is off Unfiltered?  I don’t believe it.  I don’t do SM, sojustcame here on a whim.  Is this for sure ..and why?   Is she finished with Doug too?  Is it on any news?  I’ve been watching the trials the last few days.

23 hours ago, princelina said:

Exactly - Amelia is the only one who doesn't come off as suspicious, because she was in school and living with roommates.  Woody turned out to be a good guy, but a man in his 30s living with grandma requires investigation.  (Mr Ps parents make many foolish decisions; when I met him he made sure the friend who introduced us told me that they lived with him, not the other way around 😄. So when he moved in with me he sold them his house and left his furniture with them.  Why didn't they have any of their own?  Suspicious). Obviously Matt was a dirtball and the example of why one should be suspicious.  As a rule on this show, Pepper goes to their apartments and peeks in their refrig and underwear drawers (rather than finding out their thoughts on children, pets and finances) so I think most of them have had their own apartments, furniture, etc.  So if they stay together someone has to get rid of some stuff.  All I'm saying is that I don't think it's weird that Gil sold his stuff; Myrla's was probably nicer and not covered in dog drool.  Now he has to move out and get new stuff.  I wonder if the new house had the photos of Myrla doing cartwheels in her bikini prominently displayed?  No wonder he wanted to be the one to move out 😄

Re:  Matt and Amber, he was despicable.. He was sleeping with other women and not coming home at night. He wasn't married, he was using the apartment.

On 11/19/2021 at 6:07 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Wow that's big news!  I had no idea.  Isn't Jamie the breadwinner with Doug the stay at home dad!

Two houses no jobs.  What a predicament!

Two houses .. one in Jersey and one in Sarasota?  In the event they would move back to Jersey?

• Love 1
On 11/19/2021 at 8:36 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

And true to form, her MAFS Done me Wrong article is full of tmi. She had a nice run, time for Doug to out down the game controller and get a job. 
Guess they can always run with their RV adventure YouTube series 

I’m sure she will have something else by then.  She’s driven.  And kooky.  Had me fooled.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:55 PM, qtpye said:

I really do not see them lasting long as a couple if the MAFS gravy train is truly gone.

Were they kicked off of Couples' Cam too?  I haven't seen them on it recently.

• Love 1
On 11/19/2021 at 7:19 PM, Booger666 said:

I don’t think they’ve disclosed why.  I read it was a surprise because the day before she posted about getting ready to travel to LA the following day to start filming.

So you mean they waited until the very last minute to tell her?  Typical.  And not right.

Plus despite the sentiment on this board I'm betting there will be at least as many of not more viewers in the audience that will not be happy about her departure especially when they find out how she feels about it.  I know my husband will be one of them.  I don't love or hate her but don't really see the need for a change.  And let's face it, are any of the realistic alternatives going to be less annoying or any better?   I can just see it now, they'll be amping up the drah-ma.  Plus from now on I will be side eyeing whoever gets the job and wondering how much they had to do with pushing her out.  Like if it's Beth, we all know she would push for it.  It would just leave yet another bad taste in my mouth about this show.  As if I needed another one!

• Love 6

I don't watch Unfiltered or Couples Cam so I don't really have an opinion one way or the other...but I might be slightly more likely to watch Unfiltered if they get a new host.

What cracks me up is that I blocked Jamie on Instagram quite a while ago because I couldn't stand how she always, always has to put her 2 cents in on any post that has to do with MAFS...come to find out she blocked me too. I went to check her IG after I saw the article about her getting the boot as host, and I wasn't able to see her account even after I unblocked her. I had to switch to my backup account. Like, really, Jamie, what did I ever do to you?

MAFS Fan had a poll asking whether people would rather see someone else than Jamie as host and the majority said yes. I don't think she's very popular. She's so attention-seeking and she has this notion that every single thing about her personal life has to be shared. TMI is her middle name.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'm happy Jamie is gone.  Can't stand her.  Couldn't stomach her back when she was a contestant on The Bachelorette.

I enjoy watching the participants on Unfiltered, but I have to mute/unmute every time she opens her mouth.  Sooooo annoying.

I unfollowed her on IG a long time ago, because she's way too TMI, she has to insert herself into everything.  But I just checked, and it appears that she, Doug, and their kids have indeed moved out of their 3000 sq. foot home, into a camper.  

• Love 6

Keith (of Keith & Kristine) was living with his grandmother, and they seem to be very happily married.  I remember he loved living with her, as she was this tremendous cook, and she loved him unconditionally.  So he went from his grandmother's home to a home with Kristine, and they are still going strong.  So I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, living with one's parents/grandparents.  Like Woody, who is also adorable and happy with Amani.

As Kevin Frazier said, Gil will have a long line of DM's to peruse.  Hot commodity.  In 2 months, it'll be "Myrla who?".  Right now, he's still reeling from her sudden departure, but trust me, he'll get over it.  My smoke alarm needs a change of batteries...hmmm....who shall I call....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So you mean they waited until the very last minute to tell her?  Typical.  And not right.

Plus despite the sentiment on this board I'm betting there will be at least as many of not more viewers in the audience that will not be happy about her departure especially when they find out how she feels about it.  I know my husband will be one of them.  I don't love or hate her but don't really see the need for a change.  And let's face it, are any of the realistic alternatives going to be less annoying or any better?   I can just see it now, they'll be amping up the drah-ma.  Plus from now on I will be side eyeing whoever gets the job and wondering how much they had to do with pushing her out.  Like if it's Beth, we all know she would push for it.  It would just leave yet another bad taste in my mouth about this show.  As if I needed another one!

The thing that gets me more is her wanting a divorce too.  All of a sudden after having the kids.  What came first, the firing or the divorce?  Probably the firing.  This show is getting screwier by the minute.  My husband liked her also.  Beth?  Another mistake.

On 11/19/2021 at 7:29 PM, gingerandcloves said:

I thought I saw it in People on my news feed, but maybe it was the Monsters and Critics article. Anyway, it seems like it wasn't her choice, since it came as a surprise, and Doug is consoling her in the comments on her IG post. I can't picture her ever letting go of that job willingly.

I don't know what they'll do now. Might be hard to hold a regular job while they're living the van life. Realistically, Jamie should go back to nursing - it's a good paying, in demand job - and let Doug find some IT work from home job or be a SAHD (in an actual house, not RV). But I don't think that's exciting enough for Jamie, she loves media attention.

She talked about growing up in an unstable home, has two kids, then unstable once again.  She cried when she met him and should have gotten the divorce then and there.  Probably no love there, but used him for the show.  Even to have a baby in the pool with him helping her.  

• Love 1

From Jamie's IG post.  She honestly believes that the show could not have gone on without her, hence her TMI.  Martyr much?

I would have so much more respect for her if she had gone home, dealt with the unfortunate loss of her child, and grieved with her husband.  But no, she had to interview cast members, or the entire network would collapse.

"I was on set shooting in Florida when I began losing my first son (I bledddd through pad after pad while interviewing cast members) but I didn't stop working bc I knew if the host left, the show obviously couldn't go on."

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I'm happy Jamie is gone.  Can't stand her.  Couldn't stomach her back when she was a contestant on The Bachelorette.

I enjoy watching the participants on Unfiltered, but I have to mute/unmute every time she opens her mouth.  Sooooo annoying.

I unfollowed her on IG a long time ago, because she's way too TMI, she has to insert herself into everything.  But I just checked, and it appears that she, Doug, and their kids have indeed moved out of their 3000 sq. foot home, into a camper.  

I don’t think she looked comfortable interviewing from the beginning.  She was no Kevin Frazier.  I guess they were using the camper to go to her California gig? Doug looked like a puppy dog doing her bidding.  It was no good from the beginning.  Viewers probably wrote in complaining about her.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3

I am really hoping that, before I die, these people with no discernible skills will find that no one needs to be "influenced" or amused by social media "stars," and we can all go back to thinking for ourselves and living our own lives, sharing information with people we actually know. I know that's not a popular opinion, but it works for me.

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Here is Jamie's entire IG Post:

"I wanted you to hear this from me first bc I myself found out unexpectedly..

I wont be hosting MAFS: Unfiltered this season🥲 Please read my whole statement before making assumptions❤️

My whole life I've had to think quickly when the rug is ripped out from under my feet.

I was about 5 when my mom told me she finally found my father—only to learn later that that 5th paternity test ended up negative too.

I was in elementary school when I was told to live w the neighbor up the street bc my mom broke up w her bf & we couldn't stay at his trailer anymore.

All throughout my school years I was living with my moms random friends/bf's bc she was single w 5 kids & had no support.

Hosting MAFS was my absolute dream job💯

I began hosting that amazing show 10 seasons ago (Shout out to Liz Fine who believed in me first)❤️

I was on set shooting in Florida when I began losing my first son (I bledddd through pad after pad while interviewing cast members) but I didn't stop working bc I knew if the host left, the show obviously couldn't go on.

I hosted while SUPER pregnant w my rainbow baby🤰🏼

I'd fly my 3mo old out so I could host & nurse bc I didn't have a milk 'stash (so thankful to work w a team that let me take nursing breaks & a PR friend who watched my baby in studio)

I hosted this show immediately (literally a few weeks) after giving birth to my son. We set up studio in my living room during quarantine😷

I have given my ALL to married at first sight bc in a lot of ways it has given its ALL to me❤️

That show, the network, and the production team *deserved* all I had to give. If it hadn't been for them I wouldn't have my hubby or our beautiful children☺️

AND lil 'ole trailer park girl-ME!-hosting a national television show on an incredible network like lifetime?! Someone pinch me!🙏

THANK YOU to lifetime, kinetic, the crew and YOU! Thank YOU for watching all those seasons! I LOVE you girlfran!💞

Sometimes it takes the rug being ripped out from under ya to MOVE into good changes! This is the first time in nearly a decade I'm not prepping/shooting a show. I'm welcoming this little break to be with my BABIES, but I'll be back!"

In her follow-up post, she says that she's putting it out to the Universe that she WILL have a talk show of her own.  Hmmm..

Also, there is no evidence that she's getting divorced.  

Jamie, Doug, and their 2 kids have moved out of their 3000 square foot home into a camper, which they are decorating as we speak.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she was aiming for a show:  Jamie & Doug & family on the Road.

ETA:  I don't follow her IG, because I just can't take it.  I went to her IG to copy & paste the above.

Thank you for the info.  TMI is right.  That’s probably why they let her go.  Lots of people had hardships and don’t dwell on it.  She’s relentless for fame that life owes her.(she thinks).

• Love 7
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I was on set shooting in Florida when I began losing my first son (I bledddd through pad after pad while interviewing cast members) but I didn't stop working bc I knew if the host left, the show obviously couldn't go on.

So, my Daughter had a miscarriage in a hotel toilet, then went straight to a meeting for her Company in Arizona.  She didn’t tell me until she flew back to New York two days later.

It's official...Bennett and Amelia have filed for divorce. I was hoping they would manage to stay together but I knew the chances were slim. I'm bummed, I thought they were a good match.

Also, MAFS Fan has managed to get the names and pairings of the five Boston couples. I can share them here if anyone's interested in digging around on social media for more deets.

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am really hoping that, before I die, these people with no discernible skills will find that no one needs to be "influenced" or amused by social media "stars," and we can all go back to thinking for ourselves and living our own lives, sharing information with people we actually know. I know that's not a popular opinion, but it works for me.

I got you RAL, I know how you feel.

• Love 4

It's official...Bennett and Amelia have filed for divorce. I was hoping they would manage to stay together but I knew the chances were slim. I'm bummed, I thought they were a good match.

Sad. I thought they tried too hard to be QUIRKY but they did seem like a good match. 

• Love 6