Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 1/15/2022 at 1:42 PM, Yeah No said:

Do I think Chris is less attractive than Alyssa?  Yeah, a bit.  She's no stunner but IMHO still better looking.  My opinion of course.

I feel that might change as the season progresses - I think as personality is revealed she will become less attractive and he more so.

And I totally agree about Anthony and Ashley. He is definitely not the best looking guy on this show, but personality-wise, he's one of the top 3. Gregg is also in that category for me. MAFS gems there. NC Jamie looks like Uncle Fester and I can never get past it. And then the mustache just doubled down on the unattractive scale. But kudos to him for putting up with Elizabeth......

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 1/15/2022 at 3:42 PM, Yeah No said:

Unfortunately I think this show often fails in matching people on the same level appearance-wise, but I can think of several couples that I feel were matched evenly, including Jamie and Elizabeth, Deonna and Greg, Tres and Vanessa, Samantha and Neil, Iris and Keith, etc.  There are more of course.  And some of them are very attractive.  Mismatches included Ashley and Anthony (Ashley is better looking) and Jamie and Doug (Jamie is more attractive).  Do I think Chris is less attractive than Alyssa?  Yeah, a bit.  She's no stunner but IMHO still better looking.  My opinion of course.

I remember Pastor Cal say that they do look at pictures of of their exes, before they finalize matches so they can try to match in the range of what the other person considers attractive.  I believe it was in reference to Chris/Paige situation.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I remember Pastor Cal say that they do look at pictures of of their exes, before they finalize matches so they can try to match in the range of what the other person considers attractive.  I believe it was in reference to Chris/Paige situation.  

If that's the case then why did they match Myrla with Gil when she said she didn't want a man with a bald head?  I guess maybe she didn't specify that on her application?

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I also remember Cal saying something during the matchmaking episode about how Chris and Paige would make a good couple "if Chris could find himself attracted to her". This makes me think he knew ahead of time that Paige was not his type.

Of course Chris is just a POS, who should have never been cast on this show in the first place.,

• Love 8
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

But it's still their subjective opinion as to who is in the range of what the person considers attractive.  If they saw photos of some of my boyfriends from before I got married that weren't technically that good looking and tried to match me with someone else equally as unattractive I'd probably not find that person attractive.  There's that certain "Je ne sais quoi" that can make us find someone we wouldn't ordinarily find attractive attractive but try to make that happen again and it's likely not going to work.

It can work the other way around too.  I once went to a Scottish games with my parents about 30 years ago.  My husband was working that day so he wasn't there, but I remember seeing a guy in one of the bagpipe bands that was a dead ringer for him.  This was before cell phone cameras or I would have taken a photo of him.  Later on when we were lining up at the food trucks he got on line right behind us.  His personality was completely different and I did not even find him the least bit attractive even though physically he looked so much like my husband.

Alyssa strikes me as someone that makes snap judgments about people (she strikes me as being pretty judgmental, period).  It looks like because he seems to her like a "typical" real estate agent (whatever THAT is) she has something against him right from the start.  That's too bad.  Already I think he seems like a nice guy.

38 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I also remember Cal saying something during the matchmaking episode about how Chris and Paige would make a good couple "if Chris could find himself attracted to her". This makes me think he knew ahead of time that Paige was not his type.

I always think those talking heads and fake roundtable discussions are done after the entire season is filmed so at the time Pastor Cal made that comment he already knew how it was going to play out.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

If that's the case then why did they match Myrla with Gil when she said she didn't want a man with a bald head?  I guess maybe she didn't specify that on her application?

Myrla said she specifically made that request on her application. 

Maybe theoretically they made a big deal of "matching" the right person with another; however, in reality I don't think they had that many candidates to choose from so they matched the couples with who was available.

BTW:  I deleted the entire season from my DVR because after reading the bios of the participants I didn't think any of them warranted 2 hrs of my time each week.😀

• Love 7

To me Chris isn’t bad looking until he smiles. I don’t know if it’s his teeth or what but his mouth or jaw seems to sink in and his nose gets pointy!

I’ll never forget  when pretty Jayme met Doug at the alter and he had those three huge moles all down the right side of his face!

She and I about fainted. I’ve watched him over the years and he still has them but maybe he’s having work done on them or lots of makeup because they don’t seem so BIG!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

To me Chris isn’t bad looking until he smiles. I don’t know if it’s his teeth or what but his mouth or jaw seems to sink in and his nose gets pointy!

Yeah, unfortunately, Chris has kind of bad teeth. I agree that he is nice-looking otherwise. But on the bright (shallow) side, teeth can often be fixed with Invisalign/braces and whitening treatments, etc. if they really bother someone. 

Also, sneak peek of Jasmina and Michael's reception, Michael has a crazy schedule that does not bode well for their relationship: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/married-at-first-sight-video-michael-warns-jasmina-that-hes-busy/ 

• Love 2

Yikes, there are posts about Chris on Reddit, take them with a grain of salt, apparently exes (ex's?) coming forward and saying that Chris is not the nice guy he's portraying himself as. Supposedly he's extremely narcissistic, cringey, and smarmy. This match between he and Alyssa had to be done for the drama. There's got to be at least one each season.

Also, someone who is acquainted with Lindsey said she's a hot mess, and she has a record for breaking into someone's home and stealing property (what?!) If this is true, I wish someone could dig up her background and verify it. I want to like Lindsey, I think she has a good heart, but she just seems to live in a maelstrom.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Also, someone who is acquainted with Lindsey said she's a hot mess, and she has a record for breaking into someone's home and stealing property (what?!) If this is true, I wish someone could dig up her background and verify it. I want to like Lindsey, I think she has a good heart, but she just seems to live in a maelstrom.

I wonder if she knows Mia? Supposedly, after they found out about Mia's history of stalking and other illegal activities, they changed the vetting process to pick up on these things. Apparently, they must have vetted Lindsey the day BEFORE her record popped up - just like Mia. I fully believe it is all part of the cast plan. (Bride #1 - unlikeable with a criminal history; Bride #2 - naive with a belief that this show is really trying to find her a mate; Bride #3 - narcissistic woman who does not like physical affection; Groom #1 - lying narcissistic blowhard; Groom #2- controlling, quick to anger, etc.)

• Love 3

Who's ready for some tea? WARNING, spoilers ahead!!

DECISION DAY

STAY MARRIED - Steve and Noi (yes! This is the only couple I really thought had a chance of making it)

Katina and Olajuwon

Lindsey and Mark

GET DIVORCED - Jasmina and Michael

Alyssa and Chris (as predicted, they don't last past the honeymoon, never move in together, and don't participate in Decision Day)

NOW - as of who is STILL together, post filming:

Steve and Noi

Katina and Olajuwon (possibly, this is unconfirmed)

Split:

Lindsey and Mark (possibly, this is unconfirmed)

More tea, the pastor who married Alyssa and Chris posted on IG, and I quote, "When I married Chris and Alyssa on MAFSLifetime, I truly thought this might be it. But, always remember Alyssa, teeth can be fixed. A cold heart, cannot."

Ooh, burn! 

Two more things...Olajuwon appears to have a new, rather large tattoo on his ribcage that says MAFS, and has a black and gray skeleton, one-half is dressed as a bride and the other half as a groom and is holding a rose. Rather a permanent memory of this experience. And Chris posted a slide back around Decision Day that says "Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." 

I should add that all these spoilers came from MAFS Fan.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

More tea, the pastor who married Alyssa and Chris posted on IG, and I quote, "When I married Chris and Alyssa on MAFSLifetime, I truly thought this might be it. But, always remember Alyssa, teeth can be fixed. A cold heart, cannot."

Good for him and I agree, but given the glass-breaking at the end of the ceremony, I assumed Chris or Alyssa or both are Jewish, so it seems unlikely they were married by a pastor?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, bref said:

Good for him and I agree, but given the glass-breaking at the end of the ceremony, I assumed Chris or Alyssa or both are Jewish, so it seems unlikely they were married by a pastor?

Alyssa’s last name is Ellman so I’m pretty sure out of the two, she’s the one who is Jewish. 

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Alyssa’s last name is Ellman so I’m pretty sure out of the two, she’s the one who is Jewish. 

He is a justice of the peace.

Crap, he is letting it fly on Twitter: "Alyssa and Chris, like I always say, marriage is a journey - a time of adventure and excitement enhanced by the love, trust, dedication and faith you share in one another. You both really want something, but only one is looking to put in the work."

And: "Sorry, Alyssa. Never judge a book by its cover. A big heart comes a long way."

Sounds like he's from the Pastor Cal school of marriage counseling. 

I am also sad about Jasmina and Michael. At first I thought they had a shot at it, but watching a little further, I had my doubts, and I crossed them off my list of "stay married" predictions. I think Michael's unwillingness to open up combined with his crazy schedule is going to be the downfall, but that is pure speculation on my part.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Can't be fooled by Alyssa's animal rescue storyline.  The amount of cosmetic injectables, etc happening and the girlfriends and the Chris Jenner-esque vibe of her mom "oh look at us, a group of girlfriends!!" attitude is just telling. I knew immediately it wasn't going to work. Sorry but she seemed vain from the jump. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

DECISION DAY

STAY MARRIED - Steve and Noi (yes! This is the only couple I really thought had a chance of making it)

Katina and Olajuwon

Lindsey and Mark

Alyssa and Chris (as predicted, they don't last past the honeymoon, never move in together, and don't participate in Decision Day)

Steve and Noi

Split:

Ooh, burn! 

Two more things...Olajuwon appears to have a new, rather large tattoo on his ribcage that says MAFS, and has a black and gray skeleton, one-half is dressed as a bride and the other half as a groom and is holding a rose. Rather a permanent memory of this experience. And Chris posted a slide back around Decision Day that says "Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." 

Steve and noi are not a surprise because they both have good attitudes and seem warm . Take note cold as ice Alyssa . 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

DECISION DAY

Katina and Olajuwon

Lindsey and Mark

Steve and Noi

Split:

Ooh, burn! 

Thanks for posting!  I was just thinking I am really ready to know this.   I'm a little surprised there may be that many saying yes on decision day. 

• Love 2

Are Karen and Miles still together?  I gave them no chance at all but he was patient and she came around.

I watched them in a video with Karen cooking delicious looking food!

Then I saw Miles suffering terrible depression. 

Seems somewhere the question was asked ‘are they still together’?

I hope so. I really liked them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

The question came up because they cancelled a promotional trip.  I read since then they have posted together on IG and the trip is rescheduled for next year so all appears OK with them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Crap, he is letting it fly on Twitter:   ...

"Sorry, Alyssa. Never judge a book by its cover. A big heart comes a long way."

Last I heard, justices of the peace merely perform the administrative task of officiating at wedding ceremonies.  Where does he get off taking to Twitter to talk about the parties to a marriage he was paid to officiate at? 

And speaking of, I bristle every time one of the officiants even mentions "love" in the vows, like "By your love you..."  They don't even know each other. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Last I heard, justices of the peace merely perform the administrative task of officiating at wedding ceremonies.  Where does he get off taking to Twitter to talk about the parties to a marriage he was paid to officiate at? 

And speaking of, I bristle every time one of the officiants even mentions "love" in the vows, like "By your love you..."  They don't even know each other. 

He is apparently quite popular, lots of 5 star reviews, and one of the "best of" on The Knot website. That being said, I do agree it's snarky/rude of him to make comments about people he barely knows but also, I'm here with my popcorn just enjoying it, LOL.

• Useful 1
On 1/18/2022 at 1:32 PM, Ilovepie said:

I feel that might change as the season progresses - I think as personality is revealed she will become less attractive and he more so.

And I totally agree about Anthony and Ashley. He is definitely not the best looking guy on this show, but personality-wise, he's one of the top 3. Gregg is also in that category for me. MAFS gems there. NC Jamie looks like Uncle Fester and I can never get past it. And then the mustache just doubled down on the unattractive scale. But kudos to him for putting up with Elizabeth......

Haha as the season progresses - we can already see it in episode 2! 😂. As for the rest - Anthony is the type of guy I think is cute, but  I'm sure he'd have gotten uglier in my eyes if he weren't such a great guy.  I found Gregg to be horribly unattractive in his intro segment and now he's one of my favorites and I think he's so cute!  Last season I thought Johnny was adorable at the beginning and came to hate him and find him horrible looking.  I also found Doug endearing in season 1 and it made him more attractive.  IMO most of the peeps on this show are the type who can get better or worse looking once you know them.  And just in the spirit of the show - if a contestant says they can't get past an initial unattraction - they should be kicked out of the running immediately.  Because they violate the entire premise of the show.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:59 AM, Kdawg82 said:

Can't be fooled by Alyssa's animal rescue storyline.  The amount of cosmetic injectables, etc happening and the girlfriends and the Chris Jenner-esque vibe of her mom "oh look at us, a group of girlfriends!!" attitude is just telling. I knew immediately it wasn't going to work. Sorry but she seemed vain from the jump. 

My thoughts when seeing Alyssa's mom was "If you can tell how a woman will turn out by looking at her mom - then Alyssa has no reason at all to think she's so hot!"  😂. Apologies to Alyssa's mom who seemed very nice, but I don't think any older MAFS dude  would be thrilled to see her at the end of the aisle 😄

• Love 3
On 1/20/2022 at 8:56 PM, gingerandcloves said:

He is apparently quite popular, lots of 5 star reviews, and one of the "best of" on The Knot website. That being said, I do agree it's snarky/rude of him to make comments about people he barely knows but also, I'm here with my popcorn just enjoying it, LOL.

Whoops, it looks like the show didn't think it had to make the officiants sign an NDA.  I wouldn't be surprised if that changes going forward.  Pass the popcorn, LOL. 🍿

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, princelina said:

My thoughts when seeing Alyssa's mom was "If you can tell how a woman will turn out by looking at her mom - then Alyssa has no reason at all to think she's so hot!"  😂. Apologies to Alyssa's mom who seemed very nice, but I don't think any older MAFS dude  would be thrilled to see her at the end of the aisle 😄

I know, her mom doesn't even look related to her.  Alyssa looks much more like her father.  Plus her mother seems more like a regular nice person, not the sour tweaked up snob Alyssa is.  And I feel bad about saying this but her mother also looks a bit old to be her mother. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Haha as the season progresses - we can already see it in episode 2! 😂. As for the rest - Anthony is the type of guy I think is cute, but  I'm sure he'd have gotten uglier in my eyes if he weren't such a great guy.  I found Gregg to be horribly unattractive in his intro segment and now he's one of my favorites and I think he's so cute!  Last season I thought Johnny was adorable at the beginning and came to hate him and find him horrible looking.  I also found Doug endearing in season 1 and it made him more attractive.  IMO most of the peeps on this show are the type who can get better or worse looking once you know them.  And just in the spirit of the show - if a contestant says they can't get past an initial unattraction - they should be kicked out of the running immediately.  Because they violate the entire premise of the show.

I could not agree with this more. Personality really affects how attractive I find someone. If they're a terrible person I don't care how good-looking they are, and likewise, the sweeter/kinder/funnier someone is, the more attractive I will see them as.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, princelina said:

thoughts when seeing Alyssa's mom was "If you can tell how a woman will turn out by looking at her mom - then Alyssa has no reason at all to think she's so hot!"  😂. Apologies to Alyssa's mom who seemed very nice, but I don't think any older MAFS dude  would be thrilled to see her at the end of the aisle 😄

I SAID that out loud to my husband!!! I was like whoaaa! Yikessss. She was rough around the edges.  But that's also probably a byproduct of being subservient to your vain daughter all your life. She probably is the one that takes care of all the fostered dogs while Alyssa is out getting more injectables etc. And Alyssa honey- you need a chin implant. Not to go on looks but she appears to have been the ugly duckling as a kid then any redeeming appearances she has now are solely bought.  Not a natural beauty. I'm only going there because the way she presumably will treat her spouse. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Just popping in to say that I initially thought Lindsey was kind, and funny and sharp. I think now, she reminds me of the one that can be decent one on one but in a group , overtakes the atmosphere and everyone reacts by being nice in hopes that she won't start picking on them.

((((not a fan))))

I think Mark seems pretty decent.

• Love 7

Lindsay is coming across SO low class. I felt for her for the mother issue because I have experienced that but she is EXHAUSTING.  Light-hearted was NOT how I'd describe her. There's a heaviness & anxiety she brings into the atmosphere. 

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Lindsay is coming across SO low class. I felt for her for the mother issue because I have experienced that but she is EXHAUSTING.  Light-hearted was NOT how I'd describe her. There's a heaviness & anxiety she brings into the atmosphere. 

She has a kind of frantic quality about her. I always felt like Bennett and Amelia were trying really hard to be QUIRKY and I feel like Lindsay is trying similarly hard to be ... something. "A LOT" maybe? 

• Love 5

I agree Lindsey has issues that are going to make any relationship difficult. I don't know if she needs therapy, meds, a come-to-Jesus talk or what...I mean it's possible there is someone who will love her just the way she is, but that is a rare bird. I'm trying to picture being friends with her, and while it's possible we'd get along, as an introvert, I know I could only take a very limited dose at a time. Her family doesn't seem to know how to cope with her either.

Mark has grown on me. I didn't care for him much at first, but he does seem pretty sweet and normal.

• Love 12
On 1/20/2022 at 4:11 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Are Karen and Miles still together?  I gave them no chance at all but he was patient and she came around.

I watched them in a video with Karen cooking delicious looking food!

Then I saw Miles suffering terrible depression. 

Screenshot_20220125-060613_Instagram.thumb.jpg.2df7533c8d9e627891aa6171eafc2980.jpg

On January 12 she responded to comments on her Instagram, suggesting they are still together. The post was advertising a trip for New Year's 2023 and showed a picture of her & Miles as the hosts. 

• Love 3
On 1/22/2022 at 7:30 PM, MyTwoCents said:

Does anybody have any info on “Couples Cam?” It should already be starting the new season (4) but I can’t find any information on it.

I was wondering the same thing.  

This season doesn't interest me in the least so I'm not taping it.

I would, however, tune in to see how some of the families I'm familiar with (like Jess and Austin and Greg and Deona) are doing!

• Love 3
On 1/20/2022 at 12:04 PM, Retired at last said:

Apparently, the buzz word that the grooms were told to use a lot is "vulnerable." Maybe they get paid extra for every time they weave it into a conversation. It always reminds me of Michael from Michael and Meka, although he never pronounced it correctly.

Oh god, I remember Michael (of Michael and Meka) butchering the word, something like "vunerrberrrr . . . ."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Two tidbits: Ryan (Brett) from Houston and Mindy (Zach) from D.C. are apparently a thing now. I did not have that on my 2022 bingo card.

Also, spoiler for tomorrow's episode, apparently Alyssa has a tantrum on the plane ride because they won't switch her seat away from Chris, and a producer has to end up sitting between them. Could this woman be any more of a spoiled brat?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Two tidbits: Ryan (Brett) from Houston and Mindy (Zach) from D.C. are apparently a thing now. I did not have that on my 2022 bingo card.

Also, spoiler for tomorrow's episode, apparently Alyssa has a tantrum on the plane ride because they won't switch her seat away from Chris, and a producer has to end up sitting between them. Could this woman be any more of a spoiled brat?

I would have never thought of Ryan and Mindy as matches.

Good luck to both of them.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Sharing my couples cheat sheet pictures in case anyone else wants them. 

(it takes me a while to remember who is who) 😁 

20220125_214800.jpg

20220125_215030.jpg

20220125_221019.jpg

20220125_215730_20220125222220385.jpg

20220125_215357_20220125223625641_20220125223829310.jpg

Great cheat sheet - thanks!  I've got one on scratch paper with names and jobs and whether they are still together.   Photos are a great idea!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Even a couple of episodes in, she's already worse than Christin-A.

• Love 8

I can speculate who doesn’t stay together; not sure who actually will.  On the surface, they all seem ok (except Alyssa and Chris), but it’s anyone’s game. The drama this season, from previews of the next week, look pretty intense.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Jamie O posted in her Insta stories her fertility chart, pointing out her fertile days and tagging Doug. WTF. Why does the whole world need to know your babymaking schedule?

Screenshot_20220126-223645.png

This woman is more thirsty than a cactus. They should work on their marriage issues before having another kid.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

This woman is more thirsty than a cactus. They should work on their marriage issues before having another kid.

Tell me about it.

48 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Especially if they are living in an RV (or has that changed)?

From what I gather, they sold one of the houses (the New Jersey one, I think?) and are renovating the ginormous RV they bought...oh, yes, they also bought a big-ass truck to haul the trailer. Jamie tried renovating the RV herself and gave up and hired someone else to do it. Her plan is to get pregnant again, travel around the US for a few months this spring in the RV, come back to Florida, sell their current home and buy something bigger for their expanding family. She's exhausting.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

Tell me about it.

From what I gather, they sold one of the houses (the New Jersey one, I think?) and are renovating the ginormous RV they bought...oh, yes, they also bought a big-ass truck to haul the trailer. Jamie tried renovating the RV herself and gave up and hired someone else to do it. Her plan is to get pregnant again, travel around the US for a few months this spring in the RV, come back to Florida, sell their current home and buy something bigger for their expanding family. She's exhausting.

Why would you not just make the trip, experience the family bonding, and have the baby when you come back?

Why would you purposefully want to experience things like morning sickness and back pain on your journey if you have other options?

Does she think having the baby will keep the spotlight on her? This is will be her third baby...the hoopla around that sort of thing has probably gone down by this point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2