Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

OMG - I really can't stand this attention seeking loser. So, there are constant articles about the state of their failing marriage and now they are going to cram themselves and their children into an RV???? I don't care what size it is, it is close quarters and doing this for long-term therapeutic benefits is a lost cause. Looks like they may have to get real jobs. This is too much.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

OMG - I really can't stand this attention seeking loser. So, there are constant articles about the state of their failing marriage and now they are going to cram themselves and their children into an RV???? I don't care what size it is, it is close quarters and doing this for long-term therapeutic benefits is a lost cause. Looks like they may have to get real jobs. This is too much.

I don't think that full-time RV life is as "simplifying" as people think that it is; especially if they are going to be moving around. I had friends - smart, well-organized people - who lived the full-time RV life for 6 or 7 years. One of their goals was simplifying life. What they learned was that it doesn't simplify life; there are just different chores that have to be done. You have less stuff but you have to plan better to do more with less. I don't see this working out well for these two...

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think that full-time RV life is as "simplifying" as people think that it is; especially if they are going to be moving around. I had friends - smart, well-organized people - who lived the full-time RV life for 6 or 7 years. One of their goals was simplifying life. What they learned was that it doesn't simplify life; there are just different chores that have to be done. You have less stuff but you have to plan better to do more with less. I don't see this working out well for these two...

I agree but suspect the show had something to do with it.  These two will do anything the show wants from them to create more fodder for "Couples Cam".

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I've been living the full-time RV life for 18 years now.  And on behalf of myself and my fellow travelers, I'll just respond to Ms. Otis's doing this to simplify her life and repair her marriage with "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, oh, I can't breathe, seriously, I can't breathe, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

Here's a crazy idea:  if you want to declutter and simplify your life, get rid of your stuff.  You don't have to move into a can on wheels.  Although the RV might help her desire to limit distractions, by being laser focused on "Where the fuck are we going to park this thing tonight?"  Because you're not unique, Jamie.  Everybody and his dog discovered RVs in the last couple of years, but nobody discovered building more places for them to be.

The only good thing I can see coming out of this is maybe some actual reality--she's eager to tell everyone how miserable her marriage is, and I hope she can do the same with the RV life, as an antidote to all the people who are making money by pimping the lifestyle on youtube.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
Oh, shit. I misspelled her name as Jaime, which is a HUGE pet peeve when girls named "jay-mee" spell it like that because Jaime is pronounced "high-meh."
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 10/6/2021 at 4:29 AM, Yeah No said:

I agree but suspect the show had something to do with it.  These two will do anything the show wants from them to create more fodder for "Couples Cam".

Oh crap you might be right! I will not watch a series called On the Road with The Hehners.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I wouldn't watch On the Road with the Hehners if it were the only show on TV, HOWEVER I would never miss an episode of "Where the fuck are we going to park this thing tonight" starring StatisticalOutlier!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, DocTerv said:

I wouldn't watch On the Road with the Hehners if it were the only show on TV, HOWEVER I would never miss an episode of "Where the fuck are we going to park this thing tonight" starring StatisticalOutlier!

And the holiday special "we're out of gas in the middle of nowhere because the only place we can fit this thing for refueling is a truck stop." 

• LOL 4

Wait, so moving into an RV is the massive, life-changing “big announcement” that Jamie was hyping in a recent social media video?

Jeez, the way they were building it up and selling it I thought they might have been selected to be the first human family to colonize Mars! Nope. Not quite. They bought an RV. Ok. 

• LOL 6
On 10/8/2021 at 4:34 PM, Spectator said:

Wait, so moving into an RV is the massive, life-changing “big announcement” that Jamie was hyping in a recent social media video?

Oh, and maybe you didn't hear, but did you know that they are having problems with their marriage? 😇

• LOL 3

But they still keep the Florida house and will possibly buy another house in wherever they lived now (my brain froze).

As I can remember they said RV will be for a few months.

Maybe they are doing it for milking the money. Youtube, that private memberthing something. I honestly do not believe that living in that small space can save a marriage

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

But they still keep the Florida house and will possibly buy another house in wherever they lived now (my brain froze).

As I can remember they said RV will be for a few months.

Maybe they are doing it for milking the money. Youtube, that private memberthing something. I honestly do not believe that living in that small space can save a marriage

I think it was New Jersey??? Or is that where Doug's parents are?

I would think that living in such a small space would have the exact opposite effect; that it would amplify any tensions and issues. I don't predict this going well.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

It's been confirmed that Bao and Zack are dating. I'm happy for them. I think they both got dealt a bad hand with their spouses.

Good, they both deserved better than what they got on this show.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

Michaela in a late night NDA-breaking statement. 

No great shock or surprise there but it's still sad.  Hope Bao and Johnny succeed.  Two much nicer people than their spouses!  Can you imagine Michaela and Johnny together?  Now THAT would be a complete train wreck there, LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

It's been confirmed that Bao and Zack are dating. I'm happy for them. I think they both got dealt a bad hand with their spouses.

Maybe it's a chance for both of them to make something good out of their MAFS experience before moving on to whatever they move onto.  She's 8 years older than him. He's outside the demographic she said she was looking for in a husband. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, sarkygal said:

Michaela in a late night NDA-breaking statement. 

Guurrl...those lawyers are going to be after you.

Her statement is no surprise but I have never heard of a reality show participant breaking their NDA. Those things are usually iron clad.

This show really depends on people not knowing the outcome until D-day, even with MAFS fan spoilers and updates.

They will probably make an example of her.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

Oh good, I'm glad she's not mad about it & wishes them well.

I don't know if I believe that to be honest.  She is a liar and crazy and volatile to boot.  She's the type that will act that way to your face, then stalk you, key your car and bully your next girlfriend.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I still don't buy that Zack and Bao are a romantic couple.  I think they're good friends though and have a lot to talk about with their MAFS experiences.   

I thought the same, but Michaela confirming it makes me think otherwise. I guess we'll see.....

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I thought the same, but Michaela confirming it makes me think otherwise. I guess we'll see.....

I wouldn't believe anything coming out of Michaela's mouth.  I doubt Bao is close friends with her, so yeah, we'll see....

• Love 7
On 10/13/2021 at 2:16 AM, gingerandcloves said:

Hm. A video with several receipts, such as Bao at Zack's birthday party with his family.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

Latest spoiler from MAFSFan: Gil and Myrla do NOT end up staying together 😬 Still not clear on whether they chose to stay together on Decision Day but they are not together now. Apparently Gil has a new girlfriend and brought her along to the latest filming in LA. Lordy, this season is a shitshow. It looks like Bao and Zack WILL be the only couple that this season produces. I didn't think any season could top DC as the worst, but they managed to do it.

Actually, I guess there's still a possibility that Jose and Rachel stay together. But I personally do not see them lasting long term.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Latest spoiler from MAFSFan: Gil and Myrla do NOT end up staying together 😬 

This was spoiled by one of his groomsmen right after the show debuted. They are doing a great job of playing nice together. The groomsman said that Gil was set up to fail and that she's a HORRIBLE person and no way did they stay together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

This was spoiled by one of his groomsmen right after the show debuted. They are doing a great job of playing nice together. The groomsman said that Gil was set up to fail and that she's a HORRIBLE person and no way did they stay together.

It just makes me curious how decision day went, because they seem relatively happy up to this point.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Latest spoiler from MAFSFan: Gil and Myrla do NOT end up staying together 😬 Still not clear on whether they chose to stay together on Decision Day but they are not together now. Apparently Gil has a new girlfriend and brought her along to the latest filming in LA. Lordy, this season is a shitshow. It looks like Bao and Zack WILL be the only couple that this season produces. I didn't think any season could top DC as the worst, but they managed to do it.

Actually, I guess there's still a possibility that Jose and Rachel stay together. But I personally do not see them lasting long term.

I personally think it’s a toss up as to whether or not Gil and Myrla call it quits on decision day.  However I believe it’s likely that they aren’t together as of now.  I think the groomsman made his comments known sometime this summer 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Are they purposely showing Bao heavily involving herself in Michaela and zacks situation because she and him and together now ? It seems odd how focused the camera is on Bao being involved . 

and do we know if they are definitely together or could they just be hanging out as friends ?

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Are they purposely showing Bao heavily involving herself in Michaela and zacks situation because she and him and together now ? It seems odd how focused the camera is on Bao being involved . 

and do we know if they are definitely together or could they just be hanging out as friends ?

I think the episodes are finished, edited and ready to go long before now - and before Bao and Zach would have gotten together - although I don't know a ton about the production schedule.

When they were skeet shooting, I was thinking Bao and Ryan would be a good couple. I also thought that Ryan and Michaela might be a good fit though their politics wouldn't align any better than Ryan and Brett's politics do. 

I also think that Rachel and Gil could have been a good match, although Gil probably wouldn't be able to afford the type of travel that Rachel likes either. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I think the episodes are finished, edited and ready to go long before now - and before Bao and Zach would have gotten together - although I don't know a ton about the production schedule.

I saw somewhere that decision day was in April and unfiltered   episodes began taping in June. Each unfiltered episode shows clips from the episode for the night, and the guests for that night supposedly watch the episode too. So editing must have been done by then 

10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Apparently Gil has a new girlfriend and brought her along to the latest filming in LA. Lordy, this season is a shitshow. It looks like Bao and Zack WILL be the only couple that this season produces. I didn't think any season could top DC as the worst, but they managed to do it.

Not sure how credible the rumors are, but in the MAFS Clubhouse room someone shared rumors about two additional pairings. Gil and Brett, probably before the new girlfriend and Myrla and Johnny. Also, supposedly Rachel and Jose were spotted at Astros games but may just be friends at this point. 

• Useful 2

With all these rumors flying around I'm not going to believe anything at this point.  It sounds to me like some of this might be a deliberate attempt to throw us off.  We'll just have to wait and see.  

• Love 4
On 10/16/2021 at 1:38 PM, Crashcourse said:

You know, if Zack and Bao really are a couple, then it might just work for them.  Bao can be his "big spoon" whenever he cries because his Cheerios got soggy. 

But one of Bao's complaints about Johnny is that she has to be the big spoon every time.  If she's the big spoon every time Zack cries, I don't see that one working out either.

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But one of Bao's complaints about Johnny is that she has to be the big spoon every time.  If she's the big spoon every time Zack cries, I don't see that one working out either.

I hope you're aware that I was joking.

Also, if she didn't want to be the big spoon with Johnny, all she had to do was tell him she was going to stop doing it.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Don't remember which season, but Zack (of Mindy and Zack) went out with Katie, I believe.

Yeah on one date - they were each too in love with themselves to be a match for each other 😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2021 at 6:42 PM, Elizzikra said:

I also think that Rachel and Gil could have been a good match

I also think Gil and I would have been a good match! Lol. JK. (sort of JK…lol). 😝

But I agree with the others on this thread who are a little skeptical of the Gil/Myrla spoilers. Who knows, but I could easily see the two of the them deliberately trying to throw people off (and telling the wedding party to do the same) - pretending that they split when they are in fact still happily married. They joke around a lot, so I could see them playing this sort of a “joke” on the audience too. We’ll see. 

• Love 5