Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I have no idea what will happen with Couples Cam, that's a really good question. I think it would be hard to fake being together, but maybe they will take the route of "Oh, we're trying to work things out, we're going to counseling". I just do not see these two being compatible long-term, they are so fundamentally different in lifestyles and goals.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Will be interesting, if true, to see how this plays out on Couples Cam or if they lost that job. Or are they already done shooting that for now? Or was it supposed to start with the new season? I would bet that they will try to pretend they are together. They are good at that.

Erik can do this. If he was willing to lie to us on the first part of the reunion and was in a multi-year marriage for housing, he can be in a multi-week/month marriage for Couple's Cam.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Erik can do this. If he was willing to lie to us on the first part of the reunion and was in a multi-year marriage for housing, he can be in a multi-week/month marriage for Couple's Cam.

Sure, fake nose, fake cat allergy and I knew there would be a third thing - fake marriage.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Sure, fake nose, fake cat allergy and I knew there would be a third thing - fake marriage.  

I correct myself here - this is his SECOND fake marriage, LOL!

• LOL 5
On 4/11/2021 at 12:43 PM, cardigirl said:

My thought on Jephte and Shawniece is that we have seen this before, and I'm not sure they are entirely done. But we will have to wait and see. Shawniece IS dramatic, and they have both cleared their Twitter accounts, so I'm not sure what that's about. I'm sorry for them both for the pain. I hope, if the split is indeed permanent, that they can be loving co-parents of Laura as she is such a delightful child.

Seems that Jephte and Shawniece aren't completely done with each other, as she has been posting pictures of them together on her Instagram with hashtags like #love, #family, #husband #wife, etc. 

Roller coaster indeed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 5/20/2021 at 10:30 PM, NowVoyager said:

PO$ ranting & raving in his apartment until security knocked on the door to ask him to quiet down. He threatens to beat up Pastor Dwight. 

I feel like there might be alcohol or drugs involved in this rant, it is not normal to walk around your apartment for how ever long this video is and then some, nobody is there getting him riled up...he is high AF.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Talk about this never ending season: according to my TV guide, June 6 will be a Where are they now so we can see what they were doing 4 months after Decision Day (wasn't the reunion 3 months after D Day, so it's just one more month??) Then, on June 16, we get to see who's in the franchise hall of fame, and THEN, because you need to relive this horrible season, on June 25, we will get to see a Lookback Special of the Top 25 moments from this season. Are they kidding????????

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Talk about this never ending season: according to my TV guide, June 6 will be a Where are they now so we can see what they were doing 4 months after Decision Day (wasn't the reunion 3 months after D Day, so it's just one more month??) Then, on June 16, we get to see who's in the franchise hall of fame, and THEN, because you need to relive this horrible season, on June 25, we will get to see a Lookback Special of the Top 25 moments from this season. Are they kidding????????

What!?!!!! Wow. The ratings for this show must be through the roof for them to keep stringing this mess out until the new season starts. None of this is necessary, and nobody likes these people enough to keep watching them indefinitely.  Please Jesus make it stop or give me the strength to look away!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 6/2/2021 at 4:15 PM, Ilovepie said:

What!?!!!! Wow. The ratings for this show must be through the roof for them to keep stringing this mess out until the new season starts. None of this is necessary, and nobody likes these people enough to keep watching them indefinitely.  Please Jesus make it stop or give me the strength to look away!!!

That or it’s just cheap and easy to make “ new” content...

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That or it’s just cheap and easy to make “ new” content...

Both!

On 6/1/2021 at 10:20 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I feel like there might be alcohol or drugs involved in this rant, it is not normal to walk around your apartment for how ever long this video is and then some, nobody is there getting him riled up...he is high AF.

Someone in a manic phase may look like the are high.  We all agree that he isn't normal.

• Useful 4
On 6/2/2021 at 1:15 PM, Ilovepie said:

Let's join hands...Beer us strength and the conviction to tell the remote  "Food Network" lest we be tempted to watch the never ending drips and drabs of this sh*t show...

• LOL 4
14 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Let's join hands...Beer us strength and the conviction to tell the remote  "Food Network" lest we be tempted to watch the never ending drips and drabs of this sh*t show...

From your keyboard to Beer's......ears????

• LOL 1

July 21st, Wednesday is the unofficial start date of the Houston season..

Counting the days.....

We can expect a pre season show...the casting of the cowgals and cowboys, the whittling down of the herd so to speak.

Perhaps a pre pre show showing us the dregs of H Town that didn't even make the first cut of the cattle call...the two birds one stone casting for a second season of The Unmatchables.

Lifetime is milking this cash cow every which way and sideways...

• LOL 3
(edited)

Am sick of and done with Season 12. Good riddance, Atlanta.

Send in the new victims cast members.

Betcha it is the Viet couple who know each other....thinking some the guests at their wedding also know/recognize each other....

Across the aisle, sitting on the groom's side knowing people on the bride's side....and laughing.....

Love that Bao and Johnny are in Vietnamese wedding clothes, the wedding photo of both sides’ whole families will be awesome if Covid didn’t interfere.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

It's also interesting that all of the participants except one are over 30 years old, and most are between 33-35. I wonder why they are skewing older this season?

I actually like that - hope there will be some more maturity with this group.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I actually like that - hope there will be some more maturity with this group.

I like it too. I am hopeful that this season is a "good" one. They seem to be in a pattern of every other one being drama filled garbage. DC bad, NO good, ATL bad. Hopefully this is one of the ones where they did their best to cast legitimate couples. I think casting older couples might help weed out some of the idiots,  although Olivia and Brett were an over-30 couple and look how that turned out.........

• Love 5
On 6/4/2021 at 3:04 PM, humbleopinion said:

July 21st, Wednesday is the unofficial start date of the Houston season..

Counting the days.....

We can expect a pre season show...the casting of the cowgals and cowboys, the whittling down of the herd so to speak.

Perhaps a pre pre show showing us the dregs of H Town that didn't even make the first cut of the cattle call...the two birds one stone casting for a second season of The Unmatchables.

Lifetime is milking this cash cow every which way and sideways...

July 7th and July 14th will be the pre's you speak of.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

It's also interesting that all of the participants except one are over 30 years old, and most are between 33-35. I wonder why they are skewing older this season?

maybe to get more mature candidates who really have tried all other normal means to find someone

you haven't really done that when you're in your early 20s

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, cinsays said:

maybe to get more mature candidates who really have tried all other normal means to find someone

you haven't really done that when you're in your early 20s

Whenever they have a 24-year-old on the show who's like "I've tried everything to find someone, this is my last hope" I roll my eyes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

JamieO flies to ATL to celebrate her 35th birthday both Dougless and kidless so she can enjoy herself with her BFFs from Season 12 (minus Clarabelle).

Jamie's friends are the most recent cast of MAFS? Didn't they Zoom mostly?

Her birthday gift to herself is being out of the Florida to avoid sex with Doug...but she'll have to brace herself for Father's Day sex because that's what he'll want and not a $500 Yeti cooler...

https://screenrant.com/mafs-jamie-otis-birthday-celebration-season-12-cast/

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm not surprised. I didn't think they were a good match at all. I wonder if we will see this unfold on Couples Cam or will they fake their way through that and avoid all mention of a divorce?

I don't watch Couples Cam so no idea when this current season was filmed. I'd guess it wrapped up filming  before they filed for divorce. Being that Erik liked to present their marriage as hunky dory, I doubt they'll let on that there is trouble in paradise.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I don't watch Couples Cam so no idea when this current season was filmed. I'd guess it wrapped up filming  before they filed for divorce. Being that Erik liked to present their marriage as hunky dory, I doubt they'll let on that there is trouble in paradise.

Probably true...he should realize that being on a reality show is the worst thing if you are hyper image-conscious...unless you are a Kardashian.

I imagine once the sexual chemistry died down...they realized they had very little in common.

• Love 4

I imagine once the sexual chemistry died down...they realized they had very little in common.

Agreed. I'm guessing he was constantly embarrassed by her drunken antics and she was sick of being told what to do, including the option to leave if she didn't like his way of doing things.

I didn't particularly like either of them individually and I think they brought out the worst in each other.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Agreed. I'm guessing he was constantly embarrassed by her drunken antics and she was sick of being told what to do, including the option to leave if she didn't like his way of doing things.

I didn't particularly like either of them individually and I think they brought out the worst in each other.

Erik was wise not to put his place on the market, I think he knew how things were going to be.

• Love 8
On 6/22/2021 at 8:42 PM, Elizzikra said:

I'm not surprised. I didn't think they were a good match at all. 

I didn't think so either. He wants to settle down; she does not - she thought she did, maybe, but she isn't ready. He wants kids immediately; she's not sure she wants them at all. They're on opposite ends of the political spectrum. He has a pretty dictatorial communication style (I'd dump him for that alone), and he's very condescending - I think he thought he was better than she is. They said they loved each other but there was absolutely nothing in their interactions that made me think that was true - not in the way they spoke to each other, not in their body language, not in the way they spoke about each other to other people. I don't like either of them for different reasons, but it's very clear that they weren't a match.

• Love 10
On 6/24/2021 at 9:09 AM, Empress1 said:

I didn't think so either. He wants to settle down; she does not - she thought she did, maybe, but she isn't ready. He wants kids immediately; she's not sure she wants them at all. They're on opposite ends of the political spectrum. He has a pretty dictatorial communication style (I'd dump him for that alone), and he's very condescending - I think he thought he was better than she is. They said they loved each other but there was absolutely nothing in their interactions that made me think that was true - not in the way they spoke to each other, not in their body language, not in the way they spoke about each other to other people. I don't like either of them for different reasons, but it's very clear that they weren't a match.

Totally agree with all of this. And this relationship is reaching it's natural conclusion in my opinion. I said at the start they would implode and this is less of a surprise than when they initially connected and agreed to stay together.

I think Clara pegged it - she said they were in lust and that's just it. Now that has died down there is nothing left.

• Love 4

In the least surprisings news even MAFSFan just posted Erik & Virginia's divorce filing.

And Chris is big mad and going off on IG claiming Virginia wanted a threesome with Hayley's brother while on the girls Mexico trip plus Erik got a DUI.

• LOL 1

I'm not surprised about the divorce filing, although Virginia is on IG claiming that they're "taking their relationship off social media" and "currently enjoying some privacy". Yeah, right, Virginia.

Also, I'm not believing Chris without further corroboration. He's a lying liar who lies.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Reddit is on fire that Jamie Otis got a $57K PPP payout.

Agree that Chris is a lying liar who lies so not believing what he says about Erik and VA until it is corroborated by others.

Totally agree with you about Chris. Shouldn't there be a public record of some kind if the DUI is true? I don't believe that one at all.

That is some bullshit about Jamie though. Exactly what employees was she getting that payroll money for? Doug??? Shame on her if it's true....

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I just read an article about various Bachelor/Bachelorette people getting PPP loans, so it seems like Reality Non-stars are high on the list for those who need the cash help from the government (I am so rolling my eyes).  

As for the news about Virginia and Erik, it is not surprising in the least.  I do wish they had been able to compromise on their issues, but neither one would give in on anything it seemed.

I kind of wish Chris wasn't a lying liar who lies, because if he really did know the tea on everyone else he would most likely spill it.  However, since he IS a lying liar who lies, I am joining the group of those who don't believe a thing he says (most likely he's trying to stay relevant).

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Totally agree with you about Chris. Shouldn't there be a public record of some kind if the DUI is true? I don't believe that one at all.

That is some bullshit about Jamie though. Exactly what employees was she getting that payroll money for? Doug??? Shame on her if it's true....

Multiple people on the Reddit MAFS board and in MAFSfan Instagram comments have said that they searched the public records for Fulton County (where Erik lives) and found no record of him having a DUI. It's pretty clear that Chris is still holding a grudge against Erik and Virginia. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I do wish they had been able to compromise on their issues, but neither one would give in on anything it seemed.

I don't think they could, though, which is why they were a bad match. Kids vs. no kids is a deal-breaker. Being on opposite sides of the political spectrum is a deal-breaker for many. It 100% is for me, I would not even date someone whose political views aren't aligned with mine and would be livid if the show matched me with someone whose political views weren't aligned with mine. His communication style is pretty assholish and a compromise there would be "be less assholish," but he was very much set in his ways there - he was constantly saying "I [do this or that] and that's it, and if you don't like it you can leave." (That is something he's going to need to work on if he wants a successful relationship, unless he pairs with a very submissive woman.)

There are some things they can compromise on (Virginia drinking and going out less, Erik working around her animals - which he seemed to do on the show), but the big ones, the ones that make them fundamentally incompatible, are and should be deal-breakers. They shouldn't have been matched in the first place. Shit - even the fact that she has cats and he's allergic makes them a bad match.

They also just didn't seem to like each other that much on the show. She even said "I don't like him but I love him," and I don't even think she did love him - I think she said it because she felt like she was supposed to say it, and she may not have had enough relationship experience to recognize what love actually feels and looks like.

• Love 8

I'm not surprised about the divorce filing, although Virginia is on IG claiming that they're "taking their relationship off social media" and "currently enjoying some privacy". Yeah, right, Virginia.

They are better off without each other. We are all better off if they "enjoy some privacy" right now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I believe that everyone who watched the show knew this was coming.  People have been saying for months that Erik and Virginia had separated and it was vehemently denied. Heck his mom even showed up on the Reunion show to assure us that they were still together and very happy. Wonder what was the final straw that made Erik file for divorce.

• Love 3

Just a wild guess here - did Paige go on the Girls' Getaway? If so, maybe she is still talking to Chris (even though she swore she wasn't) and told him about the threesome? I actually believe Paige lies almost as much as Chris does. But, why would Haley bring her brother on a girls' vacation?  I am glad that Erik didn't risk his career drinking and driving.

• Love 1

If anyone follows Jake on IG, he posted a pretty funny video yesterday talking about Chris in which he calls him LilChrissy. I guess Chris has also been going at him on social media still and Jake is sick of it. He said that Chris texted him repeatedly (and he shows screen shots of the texts) before the reunion because Chris was worried Jake was going to say something negative about him because production told Chris what Jake had said about him on Unfiltered. Jake also said Chris has nothing on him because he told him nothing and he told Hayley very little either (interesting!). Jake finished his video by suggesting they just get together and punch each other in the face and be done about it. He then offered to only do body shots if Chris was worried about Jake messing up his face :-0

Sorry for the long post, but I know some here don't do Instagram, and I have no idea how to do a link anyway ;-p

Personally, I would love to see Jake's fist connect with Chris' face..........

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Multiple people on the Reddit MAFS board and in MAFSfan Instagram comments have said that they searched the public records for Fulton County (where Erik lives) and found no record of him having a DUI. It's pretty clear that Chris is still holding a grudge against Erik and Virginia. 

There is no way Erik is going to screw up his career. It's his life and he loves it. Too bad he can't get his personal life together. Looks like Couples Cam jumped the gun on having them on as new couple. Lesson learned! I follow Erik on IG, he only posts pics of the sky these days. I heard Virgin unfollowed him, too. Neither mentions the other at all. It was all a scam! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

There is no way Erik is going to screw up his career. It's his life and he loves it. Too bad he can't get his personal life together. Looks like Couples Cam jumped the gun on having them on as new couple. Lesson learned! I follow Erik on IG, he only posts pics of the sky these days. I heard Virgin unfollowed him, too. Neither mentions the other at all. It was all a scam! 

I agree about the scam.  I got the impression they were trying to stay together to cash in on Couples Cam for at least a few seasons meanwhile go about their separate lives in private.  It was sort-of a sham marriage from the start.  I don't doubt that they were still enjoying the sex for a while, though.

• Love 2

Sounds like BenMelia has broken up. Bennett and Amelia, everyone's perfect couple from season 11.  Hmmmm. 

This was just reported on Instagram, so don't know if it's true, but Bennett was reported as saying he's been dumped. Inexplicably and suddenly.  

• Useful 5
11 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Sounds like BenMelia has broken up. Bennett and Amelia, everyone's perfect couple from season 11.  Hmmmm. 

This was just reported on Instagram, so don't know if it's true, but Bennett was reported as saying he's been dumped. Inexplicably and suddenly.  

Actually, this doesn't surprise me that much. Both of them said they applied for a lark and something dumb to do. I think they were surprised they liked each other so much. Amelia's medical career notwithstanding, both seem to fly by the seat of their pants the rest of the time. Getting divorced on a whim doesn't seem out of character for someone who got married on a whim......

• Useful 1
  • Love 7