Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 12:39 AM, gingerandcloves said:

I don't buy Clara and Ryan were having sex the whole time on the show (other than the handjobs). Clara was so obviously frustrated in her ITMs and her talks with the other wives. We saw them try to put on a good front with the experts, but there were issues there the entire time that never got resolved. Clara tried really hard to convince us that she was fine with taking things slow but she wasn't that good of an actress. I just can't believe that everything was hunky-dory ten days ago and then BOOM they decided to divorce. Makes no sense.

On June 23, Clara posted a video of "save the date" cards for their NYE vow renewals on TikTok, along with decorations she had been making for the event. So pretty recently she seemed to think they had a future.

On 7/14/2021 at 4:17 PM, Ilovepie said:

In other Season 12 Insta news, Clara posted a cryptic story about how Taylor Swift's Red album was her now. No idea what that means, and I have zero interest in looking at the set list for Red to figure out what she's alluding to. And this after just YESTERDAY saying she was taking a break from social media. Guess not.

RED is an album of songs about bad breakups. Clara titled her post "so casually cruel in the name of being honest". I'm not sure if that's a lyric from one of the songs.

It really seems to me that something pretty dramatic happened that caused a sudden end to their marriage, and it seems like Clara was blindsided by it. 

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Chris went on another tirade in this instagram stories. It wasn't a video of him. It was just a lot of written text going off on several things: Paige (blowing up his phone throughout the whole process) , Haley (referred to her as the Bracelet Bandit), Virginia (she wanted a threesome with Haleys brother), Erik (had to do rehab for dui), and the lady reporter on the mafs kickoff special (for bringing up the miscarriage). It's safe to say that Chris was big mad.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Chris went on another tirade in this instagram stories. It wasn't a video of him. It was just a lot of written text going off on several things: Paige (blowing up his phone throughout the whole process) , Haley (referred to her as the Bracelet Bandit), Virginia (she wanted a threesome with Haleys brother), Erik (had to do rehab for dui), and the lady reporter on the mafs kickoff special (for bringing up the miscarriage). It's safe to say that Chris was big mad.

Can't say I blame him much for that STUPID  question about whether or not the pregnancy was real. I have zero respect for Nicole Haynes for asking such a question. How rude was that?  All of them laughing like hyenas about it too. And just how stupid was it to have Hayley and Paige on to discuss next season?  Very ugly look on the show, Lifetime. Very ugly. 

• Love 3

It never felt like Ryan was fully in, like he was just going along. He wasn't trying to be in love for whatever reason. I think Clara wasn't fully in too because she was afraid of him leaving her... which he ultimately did. You can only chug along like that for so long. I'm glad it's over. Better now than later.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

It appears that Bennett and Amelia are over. This is one couple I do feel bad about because I always thought he seemed like the perfect lid to her pot. 

I didn't really like them individually - too much deliberate quirk - but they seemed well-suited to one another and pretty happy. I'm sorry to hear about their split. Wonder what Bennett will do with his tattoo?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

ERMERGERT Erik & Virginia are divorcing?? SHOCKER!! NOT! Hope they're finally done... Only ONE couple left standing from season 12 & I'm not a fan of them either. 😅😂 Hypochris definitely made it one of the worst seasons. He's the WORST EVAR!!!

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I always thought Amelia and Bennett were completely fake and did the show as some kind of performance piece. I am disappointed about Ryan and Clara since I liked both of them and hoped they would make it.

The Clara and Ryan breakup was extremely sudden, particularly, since they were planning a big vow renewal. I wish we knew more about what happened.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6
(edited)

Good news MAFSers who have been hankering for the casting of losers/victims brides and grooms  in the wild wild West (coast).

https://mafscasting.castingcrane.com/

San Diego, CA is the location producers will be selecting from the (shallow) pool of the unlucky in love...no rock unturned, every IG (model) account scanned from the Socal land of unfit toys for Season 15 to be broadcast in 2022.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6

Ok, so I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that the separation of Amelia and Bennett had to do with chores. I think Amelia was probably tired and didn’t do enough for Bennett’s liking. Who knows? I’m sad about it. I thought they were great for each other. I fear no one else will want to marry them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, zenme said:

Ok, so I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that the separation of Amelia and Bennett had to do with chores. I think Amelia was probably tired and didn’t do enough for Bennett’s liking. Who knows? I’m sad about it. I thought they were great for each other. I fear no one else will want to marry them.

I agree but probably going the opposite route.

A medical residency is exhausting and probably has been made only worse by the Pandemic.

Bennett probably was not doing much as a househusband. I know he had a job selling solar panels but I doubt that he got much traction with a job like that during these times.

He might also just not have felt fulfilled in his role as a househusband

Another reason might be that he just missed his NOLA peeps and did not take to the move well. He seemed very active in the artistic community there.

Anyway, this divorce does make me sad...they really seemed like two peas in a pod.

• Love 8

I think Bennett and Amelia were miles apart .

She’s a doctor dealing with life and death situations. 

They are the upper class society. 

Bennett was a lot of fun but I don’t think he’d fit in with the country club group.   He’s artsy fartsy.  Two different worlds. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Bennett was a lot of fun but I don’t think he’d fit in with the country club group.   He’s artsy fartsy.  Two different worlds. 

That's what you would think but both she and her family seemed to adore him.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amelia didn't strike me as "country club" at all. She's going into family practice, which isn't particularly lucrative (though any doctor can earn a decent living; it's not a high paying speciality). If she has student loans, she won't be earning country club money for awhile. And she doesn't strike me as having that sort of personality at all...

• Love 6

I don't get the impression that Amelia is "country club"...if you look at her IG, almost all her content is hiking, camping, swimming, hanging with her friends and family. No high society events. I don't know why they split, but maybe just the stress of the pandemic, and trying to balance being in two locations? She might be more of a free spirit, and he might be more of a homebody, if I had to guess.

MAFSFan just posted that the honeymoons this season will be in the Florida Keys. And the Boston weddings were filmed this past weekend.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I feel like Bennett's mother was an academic? I didn't get the sense at all that Bennett and Amelia came from two drastically different socioeconomic backgrounds. Bennett may eschew the trappings of a middle-class lifestyle now, but that doesn't mean he's never had those trappings. 

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Amelia didn't strike me as "country club" at all. She's going into family practice, which isn't particularly lucrative (though any doctor can earn a decent living; it's not a high paying speciality). If she has student loans, she won't be earning country club money for awhile. And she doesn't strike me as having that sort of personality at all...

Me neither - she was as hippy-dippy as Bennett, although 1) I would guess she's had to temper that a bit at work - nobody has time for all that as a medical resident in a pandemic with surging cases, and 2) her crunchiness seemed more affected than Bennett's to me.

I haven't seen their split confirmed anywhere (like, I have seen Erik and Virginia's divorce papers, I haven't seen Bennett's) but have read that Amelia dumped him without warning. Maybe she met someone else. Or maybe the strain of residency, which is stressful under the best of circumstances (and COVID is about the worst of circumstances), was too much for her to try to manage a new relationship.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I always felt that Bennett was quirky.  While Amelia just seemed to play at quirky.  Once she was in her medical career she had to drop that quirkiness.   

Agreed she sometimes looked at him like WTH.  lol.  I think once she got into the professional environment Bennett kind of got lost.

Heck maybe she met some doctor who could provide a proper home and experience for her. 

Actually I think Bennett would prefer somebody that loves the arts like he does.

So we'll see once everything settles down.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Amelia has armpit hair, for God’s sake. That doesn’t scram country club. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Although Amelia also doesn't seem to be "country club" to me, she does seem like she took on a persona that would get her noticed on reality t.v. (remember, she said she wanted to be on a reality show before starting her residency and that she would have made it work [for t.v. IMO] with whomever they paired her).  Also, with her purposeful quirkiness, she needed two bridesmaids to help balance her on the unicycle she rode (so maybe not as experienced as she wanted us to believe).  Therefore, more of her true personality (although I think she really was sincerely nice and fun) may have come out as she started settling into her career.  

Nevertheless, I wish them both well as I think they are kind people.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Although Amelia also doesn't seem to be "country club" to me, she does seem like she took on a persona that would get her noticed on reality t.v. (remember, she said she wanted to be on a reality show before starting her residency and that she would have made it work [for t.v. IMO] with whomever they paired her).  Also, with her purposeful quirkiness, she needed two bridesmaids to help balance her on the unicycle she rode (so maybe not as experienced as she wanted us to believe).  Therefore, more of her true personality (although I think she really was sincerely nice and fun) may have come out as she started settling into her career.  

The one thing that puzzled me about Amelia is that she never had any constructive criticism for Bennett.

When Bennett and Amelia sat down to talk, he said that he wished she was better about chores and clean up. She said he was perfect.

I wonder how the Hell could you marry a stranger and then start living with them and not have one single issue?

People who have known each other for years sometimes have some growing pains when they first start living together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Actually, it was one of her bridesmaids who rode the unicycle down the aisle, not Amelia herself.

• Love 2

Oops!  Just goes to show that I really hardly remember these people after their seasons are over.  I will have to stop myself from making comments about seasons that are not that fresh on my mind!  Thanks for the correction (although it may show that even the bridesmaids wanted to appear "quirky" even though they really weren't...)

• Love 1
On 7/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, Empress1 said:

I feel like Bennett's mother was an academic? I didn't get the sense at all that Bennett and Amelia came from two drastically different socioeconomic backgrounds. Bennett may eschew the trappings of a middle-class lifestyle now, but that doesn't mean he's never had those trappings. 

Me neither - she was as hippy-dippy as Bennett, although 1) I would guess she's had to temper that a bit at work - nobody has time for all that as a medical resident in a pandemic with surging cases, and 2) her crunchiness seemed more affected than Bennett's to me.

I haven't seen their split confirmed anywhere (like, I have seen Erik and Virginia's divorce papers, I haven't seen Bennett's) but have read that Amelia dumped him without warning. Maybe she met someone else. Or maybe the strain of residency, which is stressful under the best of circumstances (and COVID is about the worst of circumstances), was too much for her to try to manage a new relationship.

This is exactly how I'm seeing this situation, except I think it was too much for Bennett to manage the new relationship and that's why she dumped him and not the other way around.  As we already know, residency is non-stop working, lots of stress, no sleep.  It's no joke under normal circumstances but add the pandemic and it's probably over the top.  He may not have been able to handle her being at work so much and unable to hang around with him like when the show was on the air.  Plus when home she would be tired and not up for the kind of stuff they used to do together, and maybe he whined about that.  But he should have known what he was getting into with her so I can't really blame her for that.  I also think Bennett is too flighty to really be a support at home for someone in that situation.  He was too involved with his peeps in NO and not ready to put some of that aside to be the total "house husband" Amelia needed him to be.  I can just imagine that he was either away a lot or that she would come home to find him absorbed in his own stuff and growing tired of revolving around her schedule, which caused friction between them.

• Love 3

I'm super happy for Jessica and Austin.

I'm trying to get a feel for the couples by watching the previews although there's not a lot of real info. Ryan appears not to have an attraction to Brett, which I don't really get, I think she's way more attractive than he is, but I guess we'll see. He's kind of a sad sack. Rachel tells Jose that looks aren't important to her, it's all about personality and he's got that (nice backhanded compliment, Rachel.) Zack apparently tests positive for COVID on the honeymoon (whoops!) so he and Michaela can't even be together. Gil is unhappy when he hears about Myrla's spending habits. Also, it looks like at one point on the honeymoon, she takes off the wedding ring, and tells Gil that the ring is not going to work, it doesn't go with her personality (this girl is so freaking shallow). There are the usual previews of arguments, rings being removed, divorce mentions, all of which may be red herrings.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I'm super happy for Jessica and Austin.

I'm trying to get a feel for the couples by watching the previews although there's not a lot of real info. Ryan appears not to have an attraction to Brett, which I don't really get, I think she's way more attractive than he is, but I guess we'll see. He's kind of a sad sack. 

I actually think that would be predictable from Mr. 35 year old "serial dater".  He's one of those that I'm sure has already passed over dozens of women going back decades, and I'm sure plenty of them were attractive, so why should he like anyone at this point?  When the problem is YOU you have to fix YOU first before you can like anyone.  That might not be the case with every single 35 year old guy, but it's probably true of him.

• Love 6

Also, it looks like at one point on the honeymoon, she takes off the wedding ring, and tells Gil that the ring is not going to work, it doesn't go with her personality (this girl is so freaking shallow).

Ugh. They used to show it - don't the spouses choose rings for one another? I guess I sort of get it - you don't want to have to wear a ring that you don't like for the rest of your life. But all of them seem to get rather small, innocuous wedding bands (I'm sure they are on a budget). If they stayed together (I don't see that happening), Gil could always bling things up for her later on. But to start off on the honeymoon, scoffing at the ring your spouse chose for you, seems to be entirely missing the point of MAFS.

I don't think that Myrla wanted to get married. I think she wanted to be a bride. She wanted the ring (well, evidently not that particular ring) and the dress and all the trappings, but I don't think she really cares to make the marriage work.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/31/2021 at 10:36 AM, gingerandcloves said:

Myrla has her wedding dress listed for sale on a resale site. I'm thinking this is not a good sign for the marriage, but maybe she just wants to recoup some of the cost?

5K $6490, a 29% discount from $9,100 (don't forget Harris County sales tax at 8.25% =$750 or half the budget given to each bride)

stillwhite site

https://heavy.com/entertainment/lifetime/married-at-first-sight-season-13-selling-wedding-dress/amp/

If MAFS production pays for $1500 and she gets her asking price then Myrla just had to pay out of pocket approximately $1870...

Totally worth it to get the dress she wanted since she told the camera her dress was the only aspect of the wedding she cared about.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Well, I guess that means that they don't just rent their gowns. I can't imagine Lifetime springing that much for the dresses, so maybe they get a certain dollar amount and the brides have to cover anything over that?

I don't have a real source, other than someone posted that they saw on Reddit a note from one of Gil's groomsmen and when asked if they were still together, he said no and that she was horrible and that Gil was set up to fail.  Sure didn't see that coming - said NO ONE.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Well, I guess that means that they don't just rent their gowns. I can't imagine Lifetime springing that much for the dresses, so maybe they get a certain dollar amount and the brides have to cover anything over that?

I don't have a real source, other than someone posted that they saw on Reddit a note from one of Gil's groomsmen and when asked if they were still together, he said no and that she was horrible and that Gil was set up to fail.  Sure didn't see that coming - said NO ONE.

Wow. Not surprised, but I'm guessing it doesn't end on an agreeable note for them. I imagine Gil will have an easy time finding dates after the show; Myrla not so much. Of course, I never thought anyone would want to date Katie after seeing her on this show, but hey, she's married now, so what do I know.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Even though this is in the Spoilers thread, I'm going to use a Spoiler tag, in case you really don't want to know this:

Spoiler

Bao and Johnny, our favorite couple, may have split up.  Johnny was spotted on Bumble a couple of days ago, as a "Single".  

This has only been confirmed by someone who tweeted that she saw him on Bumble, but it could be his old Bumble profile still floating out there.  I can't find any other info out there, so this is speculation at this point.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Myrla has her wedding dress listed for sale on a resale site. I'm thinking this is not a good sign for the marriage, but maybe she just wants to recoup some of the cost?

Shock, surprise, NOT.  I had a feeling they didn't work out after watching this week's Unfiltered.  The look on her face and her careful wording of answers kind of gave it away.  Although I pretty much already knew that they were a mismatch and probably a "no".

• Useful 3
9 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think it was MafsFan on Instagram who said that the show gives the brides $1500 to buy the dress. Any amount over is paid by the bride. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Even though this is in the Spoilers thread, I'm going to use a Spoiler tag, in case you really don't want to know this:

Reveal spoiler

Bao and Johnny, our favorite couple, may have split up.  Johnny was spotted on Bumble a couple of days ago, as a "Single".  

This has only been confirmed by someone who tweeted that she saw him on Bumble, but it could be his old Bumble profile still floating out there.  I can't find any other info out there, so this is speculation at this point.

My cold dark heart turned a deeper shade of black and plunged into the depths of frigid.

Why can’t we have nice things?

This will be the hugest disappointment.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

My cold dark heart turned a deeper shade of black and plunged into the depths of frigid.

Why can’t we have nice things?

This will be the hughest disappointment.

I know, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he just forgot to take his profile down.

• Love 9

With any of the dating apps, you can delete them from your phone, but unless you actively delete your profile, it will still appear as active, and people can keep viewing/swiping, until you go in and disengage it.

I'm sooooo hoping that's what happened here!  I haven't found any more news since that last tidbit, so hoping it's an old glitch.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
On 7/31/2021 at 1:25 PM, Retired at last said:

Boy you got that right! Set up to fail is the absolute perfect way to describe this. I truly think they have some formula that works out something like two matches for success, two horrible matches for drama and one that could go either way. They were intentionally set up to fail and it's so bad because it's ridiculously obvious. I won't be wasting my time on them. I feel sorry for Gil because he seems like a good guy and is obviously handsome. They could have found him someone who would appreciate that, but instead they do this. Shame on them and fuck those "experts" who have sold their soul to Lifetime TV and are lying on camera about how perfect these two are together. Myrla would have made a perfect candidate for Unmatchables Houston is more like it.

• Love 9
On 7/26/2021 at 9:48 AM, Elizzikra said:

I completely agree with you.  I don't EVER see Ameliia being a member of some phony "country club" set.  EVER!!  I see her as a "social justice warrior" out to make her mark in community medicine and bonding first and foremost with her patients, not some pretentious colleagues in certain specialties who pull down a fortune of $$$$.

HOWEVER, on the other hand, Amelia will always make a decent living (especially after repaying her probably massive student loans) and I believe there would be stress between her and Bennett regarding the disproportionate incomes between them.  Not necessarily from HER side, but from HIS side.  I believe he would always feel like an "also-ran" in their family and I don't believe he wanted to renounce the status and prestige he obviously enjoyed among the artsy set in NOLA most of whom thrive in a non-competitive environment money-wise.  

It really was a lifestyle type of mismatch.  I'm not sure Bennett will ever choose to "marry" and accept the financial responsibilities that would certainly accrue to him, especially if and when children are born.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Maybe Amelia, as smart as she is, went on the show to make $$ to pay on student loans. How much do they earn?  Also are there any other benefits to being on the show?

Bennett would be a bit of a hero in his artsy group building and living in his own home whereas in Amelias world not really noticeable except for quirky ness.

Those two were cute together but lived in two worlds!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe Amelia, as smart as she is, went on the show to make $$ to pay on student loans. How much do they earn?  Also are there any other benefits to being on the show?

I don't think they earn very much because otherwise you'd have people just going on the show for the money. This article from last year says $1500 per episode; if there are 20 episodes, that's $30,000 for the season before taxes. That doesn't make much of a dent in the average medical resident's student loans. There was a point earlier on in the show's run when they were paying their own living expenses (they kept paying their rent or mortgage on the place they lived in before marriage, and they also had to find and pay for the new place with their new spouse), so they really weren't coming out that far ahead.

I don't really see any reason to do this particular reality show if reality TV fame is what you're after. Seems like more trouble than it's worth. You don't tend to see or hear about the cast once the show ends, and they don't generally get "influencer famous." I guess you can do the couples cam show (which I don't watch), but that's assuming your relationship works out and most of them don't. I think you also have to pay your legal fees if you get divorced after the show ends (e.g. Clara and Ryan).

• Love 4