Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Something's Fishy

• Start Topic

Bugsy prepares a naughty-themed evening for the guests; tensions run high between Captain Sandy and Chef Tom; Alex questions Bugsy about the direction of their relationship; Rob and Jess spend a romantic night in the guest cabins.

Airs September 21, 2020.

How is Tom a successful chef lol he freaks out and cracks under any little bit of pressure. He’s such an asshole chill the fuck out.

Jessica is a psycho with major jealousy issues. She also said she kind of hasn’t had sex in 2 years. Lol what is kind of.

Malia does need to stay out of the galley. Go do you own job.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Keep on whining Tom!

eta:  The editors don't like him either.

The warm fish riot at the end was hilarious!  Then Princess Mal-ia and Queen Sandy go at it.

YES! Malia ‘the fucking bosun’  takes revenge when told to stay out of the galley ~ yikes looks like troubled waters, or maybe just those editing monkeys ha ha 😂😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

Tom needs to whip up some cries to go with his waaahburger.

......and whip up some more bread too, sheesh, it didn’t look burnt to me or Sandy, he could have let the crew eat it rather than toss it in the garbage, he is a real temperamental chef!

• Love 15
5 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

It does not require a chef’s skills to slice a cucumber, Sandy. You could have found one of the stew’s to do it.

Or she could do it herself.  Wasn't she saying on SM about how much she was helping in the galley for Kiko?

2 hours ago, Marley said:

Jessica is a psycho with major jealousy issues. She also said she kind of hasn’t had sex in 2 years. Lol what is kind of.

It means she has a string of hookups but no one wanted a relationship with her.

4 minutes ago, endure said:

Also this may have already been addressed somewhere, if Tom is this amazing great chef why was he even available for this gig?

Don't you remember?  He was on his way to visit his dying uncle and stopped to see Malia.  The boat was without a chef and Tom, out of the goodness of his heart, stepped in to help out as a personal favor...and never mentioned the uncle again.

• LOL 13
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Marley said:

Blowies only?

Sorry, I seemed to have caught some of Aesha’s crudeness 😮

Speaking of crude, did anyone notice Pete in the background while the crew was out to dinner?  Dude seemed like scary mad.  I wonder about some of the stuff that was edited out for the past few episodes.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Pretty ironic that Malia jumped all over Rob in the last couple of episodes for kissing on Jess before deck crew work was done when Malia comes out of her bunk, which she shares with Tom, to saunter into the galley and start kissing Tom -- before she had even set foot on the deck.

I don't see the irony.  The galley isn't a guest area; the deck certainly is, and it wasn't like it was 4 AM.  I think her actions here here is pretty much exactly why the owners of the company would consider her an excellent bosun.

Whoever she names as lead deckhand (I'm assuming Alex) should get special commendation from Sandy for basically acting in Malia's place while Malia is soothing and pacifying Tom.

I just don't think this is accurate, as stated prior, if she sucked or was negligent, it HELPS Bravo to show it.  There's no reason to protect her.  Everyone here may have their rage on about Malia's personality, but she really does do her job right.   Even Rob admitted it when they were confronted on the deck.

I do think Tom acts like a wanker so not fully defending him at all but I'm sure he's used to having multiple chefs around to lend an assist and to cover when he takes a break.  The yacht situation is completely different.  We've seen Ben freak out because the galley is too small, not organized properly, etc. but at least he typically manages to handle things without his hand being held.  

I'm glad at least Tom apologized to Aesha for his shitty behavior.

He should get over it.  He works on a boat in a galley, and has worked on other boats in other galleys, he knows the drill.  I fully agree that Ben was a total diva and treated many people like crap, he was just more quirky and entertaining. and therefore forgiven a lot quicker. 

I'm in line with Aesha's comment on Tom's apology.  "Thanks, but even then you were a dick."

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I have to wonder why Captain Sandy didn't light into Bugsy and the interior over Cucumber Gate.  After all, she attempted to radio Bugsy first before she went to wake up Tom.  Why wasn't Bugsy taken to task for not having her radio on her person and turned on?  Was she on break?  And if she was, then surely Aesha and Jess were not.  I know that Aesha eventually got the message but not one of the stews responded to Sandy before she woke Tom.

I was wondering this too. Especially since she would have totally been on the attack with Hannah if the same had happened while she was there. It'd be: "where were you Hannah, you weren't answering the radio, have to have the radio at all times," and when Hannah perhaps said she was on a break "you need to manage your stews better, you are a bad manager, you have a lousy attitude" etc. etc. etc. 

2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I'm glad at least Tom apologized to Aesha for his shitty behavior.  

Yes, but as Aesha said it was one of those non-apology apologies because he said "I'm sorry, but..." But it wasn't my fault, but it was Sandy I was mad at, but anyone could have cut the cucumber (!), but, but, but. To quote Dr. Phil (can't believe I know this), if you make a statement and then follow it with a "but" then everything that came before the "but" was untrue and not how you really feel. Everything after the "but" is still where you're at.

I get that this is relatively new to Tom, but he throws fits about the stupidest things, things that all the other chefs might have been irked by even banged some pots around or something, but then rolled with it. Tom just seems like a spoiled baby of a chef who has only worked in very privileged situations so he has no ability to just chill and roll with it. And Malia constantly stroking him to make sure he is okay and telling him that they're all there to support him? When she has insisted that everyone else should just do their jobs? 

Oh and when she asked if he was pissed at her and he said he'd never be pissed at her? I don't believe it. 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, Marley said:

How is Tom a successful chef lol he freaks out and cracks under any little bit of pressure. He’s such an asshole chill the fuck out.

Malia does need to stay out of the galley. Go do you own job.

Yep...and Rob is way too "chill" to deal with her behavior for much longer. Their boatmance is doomed to fail.

4 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I get that this is relatively new to Tom, but he throws fits about the stupidest things, things that all the other chefs might have been irked by even banged some pots around or something, but then rolled with it. Tom just seems like a spoiled baby of a chef who has only worked in very privileged situations so he has no ability to just chill and roll with it. And Malia constantly stroking him to make sure he is okay and telling him that they're all there to support him? When she has insisted that everyone else should just do their jobs? 

Maybe she should stroke him more to calm him down.

Edited by LaLaLaLa
  • LOL 6

Tom's face at the tip meeting!  And that was one of the milder calling-outs that Sandy has done at a tip meeting, too.  

The guest named Michelle looked kind of familiar.  Has she been on some other show?

This was a nice, pleasant set of guests, and even their raunchiness (wanting a naughty party, wanting the staff to wear Speedos, etc.) seemed pretty tame and mellow.  At least they weren't running around with giant dildos!    And his goofy dad-esque joke with the dinner invitations instead of a tip...har har, but harmless after all.  Better than a lot of how the guests treat the crew!

I played it back twice but couldn't catch it--in the preference sheet meeting, when Malia (not Tom!) was reading aloud the food restrictions, she said No ------, not even a whisper of it" or something like that and I couldn't catch the food.  It sounded kind of like turkey but you don't usually add whispers of protein 😄

I agree that Malia gets her job done and is a relatively competent bosun (crew management aside), but I think the point is (and I hate to admit Sandy is right) is that even if she thinks she's using her spare time to help the chef/wrangle his emotions, well, that means she isn't using her spare time to relax and rest up, nor is she as intellectually and physically available and present if there were a boat emergency.  

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

I played it back twice but couldn't catch it--in the preference sheet meeting, when Malia (not Tom!) was reading aloud the food restrictions, she said No ------, not even a whisper of it" or something like that and I couldn't catch the food. 

Tarragon!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Bugsy is excellent at her job - and also that makes her very boring...and you don't try and make yourself more interesting with weird hair accessories!

Wow, I think all of them have gotten the Bravo memo on "Make Captain Sandy look good, make Hannah look bad" on WWHL.  All the recent guests sure are toeing the Bravo party line.  I guess they all want to get future bookings.

Edited by RoxiP
Apparently I can't type.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm really disappointed in how Bugsy didn't defend Aesha, she didn't have to go off on Tom but she should have at least pulled him aside and told him it's inappropriate to speak to her stews that way. "Fine line between protecting my stews and not making the chef mad", so not upsetting the chef is better than having your stews disrespected and crying? Bugsy, you didn't protect your stew in this situation AT ALL. At least Hannah stands up for the stews like in season 1 when Bryan was being an ass to Julia. A good leader protects their team.

*eta: Still not a Sandy fan but I did love that she called Tom out during the team meeting, and loved the look on his face even more. Looking at Malia in shock with his mouth gaping open that anyone would dare to call Tom out on throwing a tantrum and acting like a spoiled toddler.

Edited by sara1025
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, sara1025 said:

I'm really disappointed in how Bugsy didn't defend Aesha, she didn't have to go off on Tom but she should have at least pulled him aside and told him it's inappropriate to speak to her stews that way. "Fine line between protecting my stews and not making the chef mad", so not upsetting the chef is better than having your stews disrespected and crying? Bugsy, you didn't protect your stew in this situation AT ALL. At least Hannah stands up for the stews like in Season 1 when Bryan was being an ass to Julia. A good leader protects their team.

I assumed Bugsy would have an easier time with Tim since she’s besties with Malia. But Bugs tiptoes around him and seems a little nervous. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Tom's face at the tip meeting!  And that was one of the milder calling-outs that Sandy has done at a tip meeting, too.  

The guest named Michelle looked kind of familiar.  Has she been on some other show?

This was a nice, pleasant set of guests, and even their raunchiness (wanting a naughty party, wanting the staff to wear Speedos, etc.) seemed pretty tame and mellow.  At least they weren't running around with giant dildos!    And his goofy dad-esque joke with the dinner invitations instead of a tip...har har, but harmless after all.  Better than a lot of how the guests treat the crew!

I played it back twice but couldn't catch it--in the preference sheet meeting, when Malia (not Tom!) was reading aloud the food restrictions, she said No ------, not even a whisper of it" or something like that and I couldn't catch the food.  It sounded kind of like turkey but you don't usually add whispers of protein 😄

I agree that Malia gets her job done and is a relatively competent bosun (crew management aside), but I think the point is (and I hate to admit Sandy is right) is that even if she thinks she's using her spare time to help the chef/wrangle his emotions, well, that means she isn't using her spare time to relax and rest up, nor is she as intellectually and physically available and present if there were a boat emergency.  

Hannah got slammed for using her spare time to plan provisions for the next charter.  Sandy chipped away at her desire to do the job little by little.

ETA... I'm glad he got called out too! The look on his face was priceless!  Now he's in full toddler meltdown mode.  

Edited by ihartcoffee
Stuff to say
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

So Bugsy had to think about letting Rob and Jess use the master cabin -- but when Tom "came to visit" Malia, there was absolutely no hesitation in letting them use it -- and even decorate it?  Okay.

To be fair, Malia and Tom are considered management with equal ranking to Bugsy. I imagine they have more privileges. 

• Love 2

I caught the previews for next week with Malia crying because she was told to stay out of the galley and then she says I'm the Bosun.  Yes, your job is not in the galley it's on Deck!  She spends way too much time petting Tom. I don't care for Sandy much but I liked that she called Tom out and then told Malia to just let him do his job. Karma is a bitch.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

So Bugsy had to think about letting Rob and Jess use the master cabin -- but when Tom "came to visit" Malia, there was absolutely no hesitation in letting them use it -- and even decorate it?  Okay.

Hannah was still there, and the chief stew. Bugsy was 2nd.

3 hours ago, laprin said:

To be fair, Malia and Tom are considered management with equal ranking to Bugsy. I imagine they have more privileges. 

That's only 50% correct. Malia has the same ranking than Aesha : 2 stripes. And Bugsy and Tom, yes, 3 stripes.

• Love 5

Tom is certainly a whiny little bitch.  Why is Malia freaking out right along with him?  And why is everyone tip-toeing around him? Even Malia seems to be afraid of him. He must have really good knife skills  

Jess is a big lipped, big boobed,  psycho bunny boiler!  Rob wants everyone to think he’s Mr Sensitive but he’s just a weirdo. 

Bugs can be a bit much and needs hair accessory and glitter rehab but she seems to be a good people manager.  You can tell she loves her job. Hannah was sorely lacking in that department. 

Sandy still sucks.  I think I’m done with this show. I don’t even have the desire to snark anymore. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Gini67 said:

I do love Bugsy... I think she’s good at her job... but more than Hannah Bugsy seems to ENJOY her job and her guests!!

I am not a Hannah-hater, but this is very true. She didn’t bug me (haha) this season as much as the last time she was on. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Was she in the galley helping the last chef?  She's only there to be Tom's savior.  It's embarrassing.

• Love 11

Mal-ia and Sandy seem to be getting very good edits these days.

Bravo trying to clean up the mess they made.  It won't change my mind.

Lipstick on a pig and all.....

The editors really don't like Tom.

Alex is like the only normal person there and now he's sadly all crushing on Bugs, who doesn't seem all that into him.

Jess and Rob are still so tiresome.

Two more episodes?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Wasn't it reported that the new chief stew on Below Deck is Brooke from a couple of seasons ago BDMed.?

That was just a rumor because she posted she was off to a new Chief stew gig around the time they normally start filming.

23 hours ago, laprin said:

As was earlier pointed out Malia only has 2 stripes so even though she is head of her department, Bugsy still outranks her.  And though is not clearly defined here, on most luxury yachts the Chief Stew oversees the galley and thereby the chef as well.

• Useful 2
11 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

Malia only has 2 stripes so even though she is head of her department,

She’s not even really head of her department, the bosun reports to the first officer he just isn’t a main cast member.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

As was earlier pointed out Malia only has 2 stripes so even though she is head of her department, Bugsy still outranks her.  And though is not clearly defined here, on most luxury yachts the Chief Stew oversees the galley and thereby the chef as well.

I thought there was a debate about that during Season 1 of BD regular.  Ben and Chief Stew Adrienne had an argument about the entire crew staying in or going out, and Ben said that she couldn't tell him what to do because they were equal rank.  Of course, that could have been for the show's sake, and it may be different on actual REAL charter yachts.  🙂  

Either way, Bugsy still outranks Malia, as did Hannah, and that was the discussion when Malia was playing Cabin Roulette and making changes to Hannah's cabin assignments without consulting her.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I thought there was a debate about that during Season 1 of BD regular.  Ben and Chief Stew Adrienne had an argument about the entire crew staying in or going out, and Ben said that she couldn't tell him what to do because they were equal rank.  Of course, that could have been for the show's sake, and it may be different on actual REAL charter yachts.  🙂  

But is it maritime law?😁

• LOL 16
  • Love 1