Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Something's Fishy

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

and Ben said that she couldn't tell him what to do because they were equal rank. 

Ben actually said he outranked her. In subsequent seasons the Lee and Kate have said they are the same rank. The owners, charter company and/or the captain can set the hierarchy how they want because it’s like any private company/entity. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'd love to know what the behind the scenes shenanigans were with casting.  Was the plan all along to have Tom be the chef so we'd get the couple drama, but he wasn't available until the end?  Because we all know that Sandy would have ripped any chef a new one to their face if they had ignored her the way he did in the galley - but not precious whiny Tom.

Poor Alex.  Bugsy really does run hot and cold with him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

If you haven't seen her answers to a "jealousy quiz" on WWHL, check it out.  She is NEVER jealous, according to her answers.

You can also add "incredibly un-self-aware" to the list of Jessica's traits.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

If you haven't seen her answers to a "jealousy quiz" on WWHL, check it out.  She is NEVER jealous, according to her answers.

If she had a knife she would have plunged it through Aesha when she, Rob and Captain Sandy were all in the crew mess eating lunch together. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

First episode I watched after saying “never again.”

Meh.

But I did enjoy Tom getting under Sandy’s skin by totally ignoring her, especially since she was making such a huge effort with the cheery small talk — the way her jaw set with that fake, toothy smile of hers when she walked out of the galley made me LOL. The sunglasses were a nice touch, though.

It still bothers me how she critiques individual crew members in front of the whole team. There’s no call for that. YMMV.

really enjoyed the mini catfight between Sandy and Malia — I had to fast-forward my way to that. Sandy’s subtext: “Get out of the galley. If anybody’s going to be getting in the way during a chef crisis, it’s gonna be me, Bosun!”

Malia’s mother seemed pleasant, unlike her daughter.

I’ll probably be back next week, just to see Tom lose his shit.

• Love 7
On 9/23/2020 at 8:15 AM, PaperTree said:

The editors really don't like Tom.

Who does?  OH!  Malia.  Sandy (maybe).

On 9/22/2020 at 7:18 PM, nytonc said:

Tom is certainly a whiny little bitch.

Well said!  And his temper tantrums are hilarious and juvenile (also: dangerous to pots and pans).

On 9/22/2020 at 11:03 AM, laprin said:

To be fair, Malia and Tom are considered management with equal ranking to Bugsy.

Even if Tom is merely a "temp" who has never worked this type of charter???   The term "not college material" was uttered by Sandy earlier.  Let me add, "Not lead chef material."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1