Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Six Episode Talk

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

I don't mind the questionnaire or the set so much. What I really hate is his word salad that goes on and on as an intro to Quarantine/Meanwhile. I usually mute that part. Gah!

Agree times ten! Those intros have really gotten old.

Edited by NoReally
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ABay said:

I fast forward through the commercial and chat with Jon and don't stop until I see the Quarantinewhile graphic.

Aww. I usually manage to stay awake for the chat with Jon if nothing else --even if Stephen sometimes makes me cringe a bit.
I might have to make an avatar of Jon Batiste captioned: My Guru. 

• Love 6

I like the questionnaire so far, but find some of the questions unnecessary, like "Apples or Oranges?" or "What number am I thinking of?" - sine the answer is always obviously No.

But I don't miss Big Furry Hat, or Midnight Confessions segments, I never found those funny TBH. Has there been any appearance by God in the last year? I kind of liked those occasionally, especially when he commented on some religious fanatics.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JustHereForFood said:

I like the questionnaire so far, but find some of the questions unnecessary, like "Apples or Oranges?" or "What number am I thinking of?" - sine the answer is always obviously No.

But I don't miss Big Furry Hat, or Midnight Confessions segments, I never found those funny TBH. Has there been any appearance by God in the last year? I kind of liked those occasionally, especially when he commented on some religious fanatics.

Am I weird that I noticed that in the last Questionnaire (Questionnairet?) show, the multiple  "guess which number" guesses were all divisible by 7?  Don't answer that.

• LOL 5
On 5/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, partofme said:

I agree with Michelle that chocolate ice cream is vastly superior to vanilla. 

I am sitting here crunching my way through cut cantaloupe, and thinking that I agree with her about the uselessness of this and honeydew on a platter (love melons in season!).  

• Love 2
On 5/12/2021 at 7:02 PM, partofme said:

I agree with Michelle that chocolate ice cream is vastly superior to vanilla. 

I would agree with that as a child. But, as an adult, I found myself drawn more towards vanilla ice cream (no disrespect to the former First Lady!)

• Love 2

he was just talking about needing clearance from the mayor (and possibly governor) before going back into the theater.  since fallon and myers are already back in their studios (with only crews and band)  i assume the show is waiting until they can bring the audience back.

• Love 4
On 5/19/2021 at 12:04 AM, wonderwoman said:

he was just talking about needing clearance from the mayor (and possibly governor) before going back into the theater.  since fallon and myers are already back in their studios (with only crews and band)  i assume the show is waiting until they can bring the audience back.

Jimmy has a limited studio audience. Seth doesn’t. But, yeah. NY is set to fully reopen at the beginning of July, so they should probably have a full audience by the end of the summer.

• Love 2

Damn, that clip of Tim Ryan. Standing ovation. 

What a bizarre story about that image of that giant man over in England. I love Stephen being unable to keep a straight face during that :p. 

As for the cicada story, all I can say is, there goes my appetite for the night now, thanks. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Damn, that clip of Tim Ryan. Standing ovation. 

What a bizarre story about that image of that giant man over in England. I love Stephen being unable to keep a straight face during that :p. 

As for the cicada story, all I can say is, there goes my appetite for the night now, thanks. 

Yup, good on Tim Ryan from my very own Ohio. That was great.

That giant story was indeed bizarre, but Evie's uncontrollable giggling made me laugh. She really does add so much to Stephen's current format.

I really did not need to know all that about cicadas, thank you very much. Gross!! 😝

• Love 3

Okay, the stuff with John Krasinski was just solid gold, all the way through. And Evie certainly didn't ruin it for me, personally.  It just felt homey and intimate and hilarious all the way through.  In fact, it actually made me wish Emily Blunt had been there too, with Evie as well, like a slightly weird on-camera version of a couples date. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Is Evie drunk?  She laughs at anything and everything, worse than a laugh track.

She may just be a naturally giggly sort, too :D. I know it doesn't take much to get me laughing at stuff a lot of the time. And Stephen clearly enjoys being able to make her laugh, so...:).

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I think "Brood X" is "Brood Ten" (not "Brood Ex").

Also, what does Stephen have against meatball subs? 

Is he a neat freak?  I defy anyone to eat any halfway decent meatball sub and not get messy. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I know when they cut to commercial after the monologue, they show that the guest has been listening in on Zoom the whole time. And I think in the old days they played the stage camera on a tv in the green room. But it was so funny having John Krasinski right there the whole time! Especially Evie insisting on keeping “the first chair” and Stephen playing to his audience. 😄

Edited by ahisma
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, ahisma said:

But it was so funny having John Krasinski right there the whole time! Especially Evie insisting on keeping “the first chair” and Stephen playing to his audience. 😄

I don't care if the studio audience never comes back. I really appreciate the intimate goofiness in the supply closet.

• Love 12

I hate that they made me consider seeing that movie. It is 100% the kind of movie I have no interest in and would not enjoy. I know this. I have seen other movies in the genre and not enjoyed any of them even a tiny bit. But they were selling it really hard in a way that made me think maybe I should try it. Kudos to them for the sell. But no, I'm not going to put myself through it. I wish them all the success in the world, though! 

• Love 2

I've known people like Evie, who laugh at anything that's the slightest bit amusing. It doesn't bother me, it doesn't appear to be a put-on in her case, I think she genuinely finds her husband amusing. Even after all these years! It's kind of sweet 😪

I don't care if the studio audience never comes back.

Agreed. I know Stephen can't wait to be in front of a live audience again, but I'm going to find it to be quite a readjustment. I really like how the show has settled in and adapted to the new conditions. I feel the same way about Trevor Noah and The Daily Show. I'm apprehensive about the two guys returning to their respective studios, to say the least...

• Love 11
21 hours ago, shapeshifter said:
On 5/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, deirdra said:

Is Evie drunk?  She laughs at anything and everything, worse than a laugh track.

I know what you mean. I've been assuming she pops an edible for the show.

starting to think i was the only one. thanks for saying what i’ve been thinking. 

for those who would be happy for the show to remain in that cramped broom closet: i CANNOT wait for them to get back in the theater — with an audience — and that gorgeous ceiling! 

• Love 3

One thing I like about the pandemic protocols is that all the shows now are able to get guests without them having to waste a day on travel. I think it makes for a bigger pool of people to choose from, and enables them also to get people on short notice at times.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, SG429 said:

I don't care if the studio audience never comes back. I really appreciate the intimate goofiness in the supply closet.

Me too. I think all the minimally produced shows are more enjoyable. But Stephen doesn’t like it 

• Love 4
On 5/21/2021 at 10:24 PM, SG429 said:

I like the stage manager/teleprompter guy who always gives a hearty laugh!

• Love 7

I think Stephen has really loosened up since they moved from home to the storage closet. I really enjoy the show now, but I do understand him wanting to get back to the theatre and the audience and Jon (I miss Jon being there!).  I will say that when they ran clips (or maybe it was an entire show-I don't actually remember) a while ago of the show in the theatre, I was really distracted by how noisy it was.  

I'm fine either way since I love the show, but the theatre is so... noisy.  (I'm sure I'll adapt).

• Love 6
On 5/22/2021 at 2:03 PM, wonderwoman said:

or those who would be happy for the show to remain in that cramped broom closet: i CANNOT wait for them to get back in the theater — with an audience — and that gorgeous ceiling! 

I just heard on CBS This Morning that Stephen is coming back with a full audience (all vaccinated) on June 14th.  Yeah!

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, ALenore said:

I just heard on CBS This Morning that Stephen is coming back with a full audience (all vaccinated) on June 14th.  Yeah!

Yes, same date announced on CNN, also!  All vaccinated, masks optional.  Who will the Guest(s) be?

• Love 2
(edited)

I so happy that they're coming back to studio.  I think that Fallon was able to do his with limited audience is because its a smaller studio - its almost half the seats of the Ed Sullivan theater and did I mention....its tiny.  :) Colbert wanted to come back for a full experience and I'm here to for it.  Going to be in NYC mid-late September and the only night we don't have b-way tickets for is Friday, and Stephen doesn't tape on Friday.  Dang.  Maybe I can do his taping and run down the block for 7p Hamilton show.  (kidding)

41 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

So the plan is to get 400 fully vaccinated (with proof) people every night? I wonder if they'll be able to fill that number every day.

I think that mostly his demographic is vaccinated.  I made this up in my head and have no science to back it up with.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 7

Yeah, I just wonder. I must admit, I'm fully vaccinated and I still wouldn't want to sit in an indoor room with 400 maskless people cheering and laughing. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think that mostly his demographic is vaccinated.  I made this up in my head and have no science to back it up with.  

I tend to think that Stephen's demo is pretty young and a lot of younger people aren't vaccinated yet.

However I'm sure they will be conscientious about checking for status.

I hope they will continue having those intimate segments between Evie and Stephen, it's been a lot of fun.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Yeah, I just wonder. I must admit, I'm fully vaccinated and I still wouldn't want to sit in an indoor room with 400 maskless people cheering and laughing. 

I'm sure they'll give the fully vaccinated audience the option of wearing a mask or not while they're seated. It's not as if the type of people Stephen attracts are the militant anti-vax type.

4 hours ago, roseha said:

I tend to think that Stephen's demo is pretty young and a lot of younger people aren't vaccinated yet.

However I'm sure they will be conscientious about checking for status.

I'm sure they're all like other late night talk shows in that nobody under the age of 18 is allowed in, which would mean they should be vaccinated.

• Love 5

Stephen was such a happy, happy boy last night when announcing the show's return to a live audience. Jon B was happy too, knowing that the band will be back together again. And I had a laugh when Jon B played the show's theme song to take them out. Seems perfect for the show's return to normal!

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jon!Fucking!Stewart! Better be the FIRST guest when they return to the studio!

Whaat?

For sure! I better see that man come out from under the desk immediately following the monologue.

• Love 8
On 5/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, ruby24 said:

So the plan is to get 400 fully vaccinated (with proof) people every night? I wonder if they'll be able to fill that number every day.

New York City.  It's not going to be the struggle it would be in most of the country (even L.A.).  New York got scared, legitimately, really deeply, really early.  Even a few miles outside, in NJ for example, you'll still find plenty of hesitancy, so maybe commuters are out, but if they focus on city residents, they won't have a problem.  Tourists do often make up a good portion of the audience traditionally, but I have to think Fox-TV Nation's (increasingly false) narrative in the past year of New York City as a disease ridden hellhole will steer only vaccine believers to visit at this point, because while those media sources often profess to disbelieve in COVID itself, or the vaccine, when they DO change things up to act like it's all real and valid, NYC is held up falsely as an outlier where things are bad, because of... reasons. 

In short, they'll come closer than we expect, and probably stagger seating anyway.  Or just close the balcony. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, anna0852 said:

For sure! I better see that man come out from under the desk immediately following the monologue.

He can say he's been riding out the entire pandemic under the desk.

• LOL 12
On 5/24/2021 at 7:48 PM, Victor the Crab said:

I'm sure they're all like other late night talk shows in that nobody under the age of 18 is allowed in, which would mean they should be vaccinated.

When I went to a taping of Jay Leno's way back in the late 1990s, it was 16 and over allowed in. Of course, that was years ago and the rules might be different for people wanting to see Stephen. I'll have to look that up.

Yes, Stephen and Jon both looked so happy about being together again and in front of a live audience. I'm happy for them, the band and the crew, but I'm going to miss the little supply closet and Evie. But, we'll all adjust.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

That Richard Marx bit at the beginning. Perfection XD. 

ETA: Okay, it just got better with him actually appearing :p. 

That was hilarious - and Richard actually has a sense of humor, unlike Rand Paul.

• LOL 3
16 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

That was hilarious - and Richard actually has a sense of humor, unlike Rand Paul.

I tried to find a link to that bit, so I could share it with a friend, but so far no luck.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, catlover79 said:

When I went to a taping of Jay Leno's way back in the late 1990s, it was 16 and over allowed in. Of course, that was years ago and the rules might be different for people wanting to see Stephen. I'll have to look that up.

Yes, Stephen and Jon both looked so happy about being together again and in front of a live audience. I'm happy for them, the band and the crew, but I'm going to miss the little supply closet and Evie. But, we'll all adjust.

WIth the View and Kelly & Ryan - it is 18, BUT 16 with a parent.  Took my girl to both a couple years back.  

• Love 3