Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Six Episode Talk

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, catlover79 said:

When I went to a taping of Jay Leno's way back in the late 1990s, it was 16 and over allowed in. Of course, that was years ago and the rules might be different for people wanting to see Stephen. I'll have to look that up.

49 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

WIth the View and Kelly & Ryan - it is 18, BUT 16 with a parent.  Took my girl to both a couple years back.  

I've been to tapings of both the Colbert Report and the Daily Show. Both stated you needed to be at least 18 to attend. One assumes it's the same with the Late Show.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Victor the Crab said:

I've been to tapings of both the Colbert Report and the Daily Show. Both stated you needed to be at least 18 to attend. One assumes it's the same with the Late Show.

I read it yesterday on 1iota.  Can't see it now because all tickets are gone and I can't click through to a waitlist like I did yesterday.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I read it yesterday on 1iota.  Can't see it now because all tickets are gone and I can't click through to a waitlist like I did yesterday.  

18 or 16 with a guardian

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

18 or 16 with a guardian

Yes, that's what it was when I went to the Tonight Show taping. I was 18 then, but my sister was 16. Our dad went with us. 

I too am trying to find the Richard Marx bit. It was hilarious and brought back great nostalgia, as I grew up listening to his songs. I'll have to check out his book.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Yes, that's what it was when I went to the Tonight Show taping. I was 18 then, but my sister was 16. Our dad went with us. 

I too am trying to find the Richard Marx bit. It was hilarious and brought back great nostalgia, as I grew up listening to his songs. I'll have to check out his book.

Its on the "A late show" Twitter.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Zombie Jon Batiste was something I didn't know I needed until now XD. I would totally watch a zombie movie featuring him and Stay Human.

I also loved the bit during the monologue where Stephen was talking about Steinbeck's werewolf novel, and imagined what a few other various classic authors' potential supernatural/fantasy-based books would be :p. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I don't support feeding Zack Snyder's ego, but I have to admit I laughed few times during that segment.

Agreed! That was way more fun than a standard movie promo interview. (Especially loved Stephen mouthing “oh, fuuuuu...” during the slo-mo knife throw. Funny, that didn’t get close captioned 🤣)

• Love 2

Yeah, I imagine he'll probably have a few words to say at the very least, if not a full on retrospective :). 

I've seen that he's been counting down the days to his return to the studio on Twitter. It's fun to see how excited he is :D. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Why was Chris Matthews wearing lipstick?

I just watched this (I'm on vacation this week - yay!) and wondered the same thing.  It was quite distracting.

14 hours ago, catlover79 said:

This is the last week in the broom closet! Hopefully, they will have a special farewell episode for it. 😊🥰

Darn it! I knew they were going back to the studio in June, and I was assuming that the week off was in preparation for that.  Guess I should pay closer attention.

I really didn't mind the broom closet - I was enjoying seeing how Stephen (& others) were working around the cards they were dealt, but going back to the live audience will give them a chance to change things up again.

• Love 4

Last week, all.the late night shows were off due to Memorial Day. (They always tend to take that week off every year.) I'm going to miss the broom closet as well. I like the intimacy of it, but others seem to find it claustrophobic. I know Stephen, Jon and the rest are chomping at the bit to be back together with an audience. I can't begrudge anyone that. After all, it's a further sign that a bit of life as we once knew it is back.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

Did anyone catch the name of the entymologist? She was delightful.

I checked YouTube.  She's Dr. Jessica Ware. And she's wonderful. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mariah23 said:

Guess who’s the first guest will be on Monday.

Hint: he will be coming up (from the desk) instead of the side.

Can I ask how we know?  I don't keep up with the twitters etc.

• Love 2

Anyone ever see Seth Meyer's popsicle-schtick bit, where each one which tends to get longer and longer? That's what the vax-scene songs remind me of.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, mariah23 said:

Hint: he will be coming up (from the desk) instead of the side.

Oh, for #$!@#$!! sake, could he please retire that routine?  It was never funny and it's just tedious.  Sit in a chair like a grownup, Jon.

• Love 1

Congrats to "The Late Show" folks for another big win:

Late-Night Ratings: ‘The Late Show’ Wins Season For Fifth Consecutive Year

In related news, "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" fell to third place behind Cobert and Kimmel.  This should not come as a surprise. The best description I've read on Fallon's stewardship of the program is "Jimmy Fallon has turned "The Tonight Show" into little more than a televised children's birthday party". Ouch...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, kib said:

The best description I've read on Fallon's stewardship of the program is "Jimmy Fallon has turned "The Tonight Show" into little more than a televised children's birthday party". Ouch...

Whoa. Still, it's true. Fallon is fun to watch for me to get jokes on lighter topics, but he is just way too OTT and has been for the past several years. I give him and his staff credit for being the first in the late night game to go back in studio and then with an audience, but sometimes he looks like he needs to be on Ritalin. Say what you will about Jay, but he kept his Tonight Show classy.

Back to Stephen, of course Jon would be the first guest back in the Ed Sullivan Theatre. Would we expect anything different? 🥰

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, wonderwoman said:

sometimes i fall asleep during the monologue (sorry, stephen), so i may have missed it. but, has there been any explanation for no jon batiste this week.

Gettin' the charts ready and polishin' the Oscar?

Edited by kib
  • Love 3

LMAO, oh, my god, I loved that ending with the Simple Minds song and what became of everyone XD. That was fantastic. I think my favorite bits were either the camera going on to film 18 seasons of "Bob Hearts Abishola", or the Peabody Award winning an Oscar only to return it because of the Oscars' controversial history. 

"If I had to be alone, I'm glad it was with you." 

Well said, Stephen. And the feeling is certainly mutual :). Lovely ending speech. Looking forward to seeing him back in the studio next week!

5 hours ago, wonderwoman said:

sometimes i fall asleep during the monologue (sorry, stephen), so i may have missed it. but, has there been any explanation for no jon batiste this week.

Seems he was in Paris, apparently:

• Love 7
13 hours ago, catlover79 said:

460 days without an audience? Wow!!

And overlapping with the extended nightmare of Stephen's political nemesis!
Do I see a book on the horizon?
Perhaps written in first person by Stephen's fictional [unintentionally/intentionally comedic] therapist?

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Annber03 said:

LMAO, oh, my god, I loved that ending with the Simple Minds song and what became of everyone XD. That was fantastic. I think my favorite bits were either the camera going on to film 18 seasons of "Bob Hearts Abishola", or the Peabody Award winning an Oscar only to return it because of the Oscars' controversial history. 

That was a spoof of the ending of The Breakfast Club. Too funny. 🤣😂

• Love 1

I loved, absolutely LOVED the "closing credits" after Thursday night's show!

But I have to be honest. I absolutely CRINGED at the way Stephen mispronounced Padma's name. Not terribly, but still, he said it wrong. And Padma is one of the easier names!

As for the Sangria? eh. I'll take my traditional one over the mixture of white wine/peach liqueur thankyouverymoooch.

Loved Samuel L. Jackson and was glad I watched through to end with that slide thingie Stephen does to have him say "Samuel L. Jackson, motherfucker!" Though the "fucker" was bleeped out. But it had Stephen laugh.

I knew I loved Jackson for a reason! The Godfather is one of his top non-Samuel Jackson movies! I'm surprised that Shaft wasn't on his list of his favorite top five of his own movies.

I can't wait for Monday! And to see if Stephen will dye his hair or let it stay with the strands of silver that are running through it now!

• Love 2