Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Six Episode Talk

• Start Topic

I laughed way too hard at, "I hope you've had a lovely day, dear. ENDS!" XD. 

As for that clip of Piers, "What a spotted dick", indeed. Jesus, dude, grow the fuck up and get over yourself. 

Also...space ostrich...?

ETA:; Damn, that Janelle Monae song. That kicked ass. Also, Riz Ahmed seems lovely and is very cute :). 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I laughed way too hard at, "I hope you've had a lovely day, dear. ENDS!" XD. 

As for that clip of Piers, "What a spotted dick", indeed. Jesus, dude, grow the fuck up and get over yourself. 

Also...space ostrich...?

1. I know, right?
  2. He really didn't leave of his own accord. I'm surprised that Stephen didn't state that ITV got over 41,000 complaints in 24 hours about his shittalking about Meghan. Good Riddance. For now.
  3. All I could think was YUUUUUCK!

But the funniest part for me was Oprah "interviewing" the dogs. I'm #TeamMajor.

• Love 7

I enjoyed the opening with "Major" & "Champ" Biden being interviewed by Oprah.

O: "Did you bite the agent?"

M&C: "The reverse happened"

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He really didn't leave of his own accord. I'm surprised that Stephen didn't state that ITV got over 41,000 complaints in 24 hours about his shittalking about Meghan. Good Riddance. For now.

So I've heard, yeah. I can believe that about him not leaving of his own accord-I sense it was a, "Quit or we'll make you leave" sort of situation. 

But the funniest part for me was Oprah "interviewing" the dogs. I'm #TeamMajor.

Same :D.

Also liked Stephen's update about that bookstore. I'm glad it's doing so well-wish I lived out that way, I'd love to work at a place like that. I hope other small businesses take him up on his offer to spotlight them and help give them a boost, too-what a cool gesture. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Riz Ahmed seems lovely and is very cute :).

Riz Ahmed had so much screen presence, even for a low tech connection! 
Oscar and other award-worthy talent for sure, with maybe a bit of Nobel-prize character too!

• Love 2

Drinkin' with Stephen and Eric! I'd watch a whole episode of that! Eric Andre was a real trooper, he kept right up with all of Stephen's silliness. He'd make a good co-host!

• Love 3

I loved the dueling Biden impressions last night! Of course I have a fondness for Stephen's aviators and half-grin, but Dana Carvey might be onto something in just kind of getting at the essence of Biden. I found myself giggling in spite of myself, anyway. It's kind of like his George H.W. Bush's "na ga da" (not gonna do it), which still seems to get at the essential Bush Sr. somehow.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, FoundTime said:

I loved the dueling Biden impressions last night! Of course I have a fondness for Stephen's aviators and half-grin, but Dana Carvey might be onto something in just kind of getting at the essence of Biden. I found myself giggling in spite of myself, anyway. It's kind of like his George H.W. Bush's "na ga da" (not gonna do it), which still seems to get at the essential Bush Sr. somehow.

Dana Carvey can do no wrong!!!

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Best Biden impression from anyone I've seen. SNL needs to take notes from their old cast member.

Agreed! I was really hoping for “that’s a bunch of Malarkey!” from Dana!

I was 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 at his Fauci and Paul McCartney! Was really hoping for George H. Bush, but what he did, gave me the laughter I so needed!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

He did a pretty good Obama, too. 

25 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Best Biden impression from anyone I've seen. SNL needs to take notes from their old cast member.

I was gonna say, yeah, I was watching that and thinking, "Hey, does he want to go back and do occasional appearances on SNL, by any chance?" 

• Love 5

I guess the Bunny Story could have been worse? At least it wasn't boiled. 😨

Sharon Stone is a great (IMO) interviewee. 
Shallow note: Sharon Stone is 63; Evie is 57.

Ken Burns hair is a more normal. But I'd be happy to trim the back for him if it didn't mean he would go back to the bowl style.

But wow. Another grim animal story. 😨

Spoiler

Burns says the definition of a Depression is when the zoo's animals are slaughtered to feed the poor

Edited by shapeshifter
12 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Stephen + Evie = 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

I felt a bit for Evie when Stephen kept pushing her on the giving-something-up-for-Lent stuff.  She was good natured about it, but I have to wonder if he heard something about it afterwards.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I felt a bit for Evie when Stephen kept pushing her on the giving-something-up-for-Lent stuff.  She was good natured about it, but I have to wonder if he heard something about it afterwards.

Or maybe it was a bit they planned?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Or maybe it was a bit they planned?

Oh I guess that could be.  Most of their interactions come off as fairly spontaneous but now that I think about it, everything is probably scripted.

I am noticing that Evie is interacting more in the last few shows.  It seems like she has her own camera now, rather than just popping over to her once in a while.  Or maybe that was just because of the greeting card bit.

• Love 4

What is your favourite monologue from quarantine?

Mine is the one from the third night of the RNC. Also, God this show has gotten so much better since the first season.

Edited by Takerholicx5
  • Love 1

I always PVR the show so not entirely sure when it aired but I just saw the show with Dr Fauci which was the quarantine anniversary show.  Loved it.  And it was a timely reminder of how Stephen helped keep me laughing and somewhat sane over the past year!

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

Stephen's opening bit about Matt Gaetz had me fuckin' laughing my ass off! Especially the part where Stephen's reading Gaetz's statement! I hope he keeps using that voice from here on out!

The voice is somewhat similar to the one he used for the Alex Jones takeoff.  I’m totally blanking on the name of the character at the moment, but, man, was that an awesome feat of comic acting.  And the Gaetz voice wasn’t half bad either.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Harry24 said:

The voice is somewhat similar to the one he used for the Alex Jones takeoff.  I’m totally blanking on the name of the character at the moment, but, man, was that an awesome feat of comic acting.  And the Gaetz voice wasn’t half bad either.

How could you forget Tuck Buckford???!!! I blame the same chemicals in the water that are turning the frogs gay!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

...all right, well, I could've REALLY gone my whole life without learning about certain moments when Gaetz would talk to Trump. EW. There is not enough brain bleach....

"Fuck you, Wayne. Fuck you and the boat you rode in on." Amen, Stephen. 

• Love 5
On 4/6/2021 at 9:14 PM, Annber03 said:

I also liked the way he described him when introducing the segement: "Florida Congressman and host of 'Let's Make a Douche'..."

Stephen topped himself tonight with...

170077676_2504953056316097_5666948780832910663_n.jpg

• LOL 12

"Fuck you, Wayne. Fuck you and the boat you rode in on." Amen, Stephen. 

As John Fugelsang once said, every time Wayne LaPierre speaks, an angel coughs up blood. I'd love to see John on this show. He and Stephen going head-to-head on the issues of the day sounds like a great episode.

As for those Gaetz statements: TMI, asshole. TMI.

• Love 4
On 4/6/2021 at 11:59 PM, Annber03 said:

Okay, next time I meet a guy I like, I'm totally going to introduce myself by saying, "You look like a thing and I love you." :D. 

I loved that too, but since I haven’t been out of the house much to meet anyone, I was thinking it would be fun to walk up to random strangers and say that. 

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

Two Colbert Report callbacks last night!  Monkey on the lam and Cheap Trick playing the theme music.  It made me feel warm inside!

I was just about to say the same thing :D. I got all nostalgic!

• Love 4