Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Shouldnt each group have 9 ladies tho?

In a normal year yes. It seems for some reason they want 16 and 20 which causes the groups to be uneven. I don't get it but then again I guess I don't have to. 

There was a comment earlier that 20 ladies could fit on a deck.

Edited by meg.r
4 minutes ago, meg.r said:

In a normal year yes. It seems for some reason they want 16 and 20 which causes the groups to be uneven. I don't get it but then again I guess I don't have to. 

There was a comment earlier that 20 ladies could fit on a deck.

Guess I have to create a new template then haha

On 10/5/2020 at 9:45 AM, vanillagum said:

Omg her turns were so bad wtf. I'd give a kidney to spin like Bridget 

Yessss, exactly. 

And I'm also obsessed with Cici's hair ❤️

Yesss, I love CiCi's hair!!  To me, although she obviously looks nothing like Bridget, she reminds me of her because they have that gorgeous yet adorable, spunky spirit about them !!       

Bridget's spins......to me,  it was just unbelievable last season when she showed just how spectacular she really was.  I truly hated to see her retire (as I've already mentioned multiple times)

I've watched the video of Bridget, Gina and Lisa so many times, I just love it, and of course again, I'm team Gina all the way.  Well, then there's Lisa. Don't do shit you can't do. But in her defense, it would suck to have to dance alongside of either of those two!! 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Man they are drip feeding it this year!

How long is Lexie’s white vest?? (Especially compared to the others)

I remember when they had to fix Meredith’s at cameos as it was too long and made her look boxy 🤔 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I think they're for breast cancer awareness month.  The pink is very subtle because they look silvery white.  I assume in November they go back to the regular poms.

I think they're for Crucial Catch which is an all-encompassing cancer awareness effort.  The color is rainbowy, and if you Google image NFL cheerleaders crucial catch, you'll see what some of the other squads did.  Some did multicolor poms, some did single color poms in each color of the spectrum and a lot stuck with BCA pink.  I'm dating myself but the DCC iridescent poms remind me of my Crystal Barbie from fifth grade ❤️ 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

How long is Lexie’s white vest?? (Especially compared to the others)

I remember when they had to fix Meredith’s at cameos as it was too long and made her look boxy 🤔 

I think its the pose. She had dropped her shoulder so that makes it sit longer on that side.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Not surprised that Rachel W. and Maddie are "point" this year (I say point loosely since we're never gonna see them as point IRL) I said it from Day 1 that they were going to battle for point and for center of the squad photo. I am still disappointed though. Rachel W. is beautiful not gonna lie and Maddie is a great ambassador to the DCC, however if I was director of the DCC (a girl can dream) I would give the point of the triangle to the best dancer of the team and not on just looks. I MEAN HOW CAN YOU NOT GIVE POINT TO GINA???? That girl is probably one of the best dancers in DCC History!!! I would also consider Ashlee and Hannah (if she hadn't been cut....STILL SALTY ABOUT THAT) But it doesn't even matter since they are not going to dance on the field anyways so....

I have this gut feeling that Gina is going to retire this year and I am not ready for it. 

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Not surprised that Rachel W. and Maddie are "point" this year (I say point loosely since we're never gonna see them as point IRL) I said it from Day 1 that they were going to battle for point and for center of the squad photo.

If they do the two girls lying down in the front, my bet it will be Rachel and Tess with Maddie center of the front row. I just can't see Maddie lying on the floor (even if it's done with "grace"); I adore her but not sure she could pull off any of the sprawling poses, ya know?  

Gina looks so far back in the formation from what I've seen; hope I've just missed her; happy to see her get a group though. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Spooky said:

If they do the two girls lying down in the front, my bet it will be Rachel and Tess with Maddie center of the front row. I just can't see Maddie lying on the floor (even if it's done with "grace"); I adore her but not sure she could pull off any of the sprawling poses, ya know?  

Gina looks so far back in the formation from what I've seen; hope I've just missed her; happy to see her get a group though. 

If I saw correctly in the video of last game, she is in the first triangle with Maddie and Lexie

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Not surprised that Rachel W. and Maddie are "point" this year (I say point loosely since we're never gonna see them as point IRL) I said it from Day 1 that they were going to battle for point and for center of the squad photo. I am still disappointed though. Rachel W. is beautiful not gonna lie and Maddie is a great ambassador to the DCC, however if I was director of the DCC (a girl can dream) I would give the point of the triangle to the best dancer of the team and not on just looks. I MEAN HOW CAN YOU NOT GIVE POINT TO GINA???? That girl is probably one of the best dancers in DCC History!!! I would also consider Ashlee and Hannah (if she hadn't been cut....STILL SALTY ABOUT THAT) But it doesn't even matter since they are not going to dance on the field anyways so....

I have this gut feeling that Gina is going to retire this year and I am not ready for it. 

Do not speak that into existence about Gina!! We need at least one more year given this one is a fluke!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 10/5/2020 at 12:55 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

I HATE the "Pandemic" version of Thunderstruck.  Did I say "hate?" HATE the Pandemic version.

It was absolutely stupid. They should have just shown the girls dancing on the decks. This sewn together mess was embarrassing. 

Also, why can't they dance on the field?

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

does anyone know the boot buddies for each of the rookies?

Victoria marissa, Briana and Chandi with Darian ,Erin is with Jessica, Clair w is with Madeline malloy is all I know 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Also can we just talk about this picture for a second... Am I crazy or does Lisa look "soft" in this picture? Hopefully is just a bad picture, but it does not look good in terms of Kelli's "DCC Look" standards.

Capture.JPG

In the first game she looked soft too. Makes me think someone has been heavily editing photos 🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

In the first game she looked soft too. Makes me think someone has been heavily editing photos 🤔

Wow, the photos Lisa posted recently make her look like a power lifter (no insult to power lifters out there), and then to see this? Again, Wow!

How is Gina's knee doing? She definitely worked hard rehabilitating it, but seeing her pushed back a bit in the lineup at times, I am wondering if that is why she is hasn't been quite as "out there" as before. She certainly is a marvelous dancer, my only objection to her being at point, as she does those little extra moves that the other gals don't. Reminds me of Cassie in "A Chorus Line" where she is trying to fit into the dance corp instead of being a soloist.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Wow, the photos Lisa posted recently make her look like a power lifter (no insult to power lifters out there), and then to see this? Again, Wow!

How is Gina's knee doing? She definitely worked hard rehabilitating it, but seeing her pushed back a bit in the lineup at times, I am wondering if that is why she is hasn't been quite as "out there" as before. She certainly is a marvelous dancer, my only objection to her being at point, as she does those little extra moves that the other gals don't. Reminds me of Cassie in "A Chorus Line" where she is trying to fit into the dance corp instead of being a soloist.

That's what makes me also think it might be Gina's last year. That was a serious injury and, while this year won't be as bad without a kickline and jumpsplits, she still runs the risk of reinjuring it, and if they're going back on the field next year it would be ten times riskier for her to continue dancing with DCC. I would hate to see her go without being point, I love her as a dancer, but it might just be the smartest decision for her.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I would give the point of the triangle to the best dancer of the team and not on just looks. I MEAN HOW CAN YOU NOT GIVE POINT TO GINA????

Right? Gina was pretty enough to make the team, so what's their problem?  Besides, it's subjective, I think she's prettier than Maddie.

Also can we just talk about this picture for a second... Am I crazy or does Lisa look "soft" in this picture? Hopefully is just a bad picture, but it does not look good in terms of Kelli's "DCC Look" standards.

Capture.JPG

I thought this was Kristin?

• Love 7

Capture.JPG

Also shows how square she really is 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, TorProc said:

I actually thought the first clip of VK she looked good/pretty. *hides*

you can run but you can't hide, friend!

3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

When TCC Gina Campagna almost blew all the other girls knees out by split-jumping out of sync, Gina was the most concerned and you could see how emotional she was for Gina Campagna.

really? gonna have to rewatch

also, gina campagna, what a precious doll. way too young and unprepared for dcc, just like s12 brianna, but damn was she pretty

• Love 7
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Part of the agreement between the players and the NFL

We watch a lot of NFL football games and, honestly, I haven't seen other cheerleaders (let alone many fans) at all. The Cowboys are definitely in the minority.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Mamababy600 said:

We watch a lot of NFL football games and, honestly, I haven't seen other cheerleaders (let alone many fans) at all. The Cowboys are definitely in the minority.

And with the way things are going, it may not be long before DCC isn't at the stadium either.  Players from 3 more teams tested positive this morning, putting this weekend's games in doubt for their teams.  And this is after 2 games had to be rescheduled last week.  The NFL is going to start tightening the reins pretty soon before it gets out of hand.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

And with the way things are going, it may not be long before DCC isn't at the stadium either.  Players from 3 more teams tested positive this morning, putting this weekend's games in doubt for their teams.  And this is after 2 games had to be rescheduled last week.  The NFL is going to start tightening the reins pretty soon before it gets out of hand.  

2 more players from the team that had the outbreak the titans and one from the raiders and one more from the patriots 

Edited by Holly85
1 hour ago, Mamababy600 said:

A lot of them have had their cheerleaders on their drum decks or on an open part of the stands. Must feel weird for those ones cheering with no crowd, I watch it on their insta stories and think you’ve got no atmosphere to add to the adrenaline and create the performance of it. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

7 hours ago, Pau84 said:

When TCC Gina Campagna almost blew all the other girls knees out by split-jumping out of sync, Gina was the most concerned and you could see how emotional she was for Gina Campagna.

really? gonna have to rewatch

also, gina campagna, what a precious doll. way too young and unprepared for dcc, just like s12 brianna, but damn was she pretty

Both stunning indeed and very young.

Here you can see Gina Maria's reaction to Gina Marie's mistake

Daphne finds it more embarrassing/awkward.

426967427_Screenshot2020-10-07at16_35_09.thumb.png.2c195bf0104cb1d39b0eb502222a3110.png

Before that incident, during Jennifer Colvin's workshop, Gina Marie was corrected for chasing the choreography and broke down in tears (very big ones, running down her face-her tears that is) and Gina Maria stood up from the veterans side and went to Gina Marie to console her.

gina.thumb.jpg.62521ad64f6bc21960e1d52356261b1b.jpg

• Love 24
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

again, holy crap, what a depressing year to make the team, my god

3 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

426967427_Screenshot2020-10-07at16_35_09.thumb.png.2c195bf0104cb1d39b0eb502222a3110.png

Before that incident, during Jennifer Colvin's workshop, Gina Marie was corrected for chasing the choreography and broke down in tears (very big ones, running down her face-her tears that is) and Gina Maria stood up from the veterans side and went to Gina Marie to console her.

aw, good for gina. she really does seem icy but maybe she's gotten warmer since her first year. i'll never forget the 'girls are just jealous of me' comment lmao

and omg thanks for the pics ❤️

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

With @meg.rs  info the groups are as followed:

Groups.PNG

I must say I am surprised that Savannah didn't get a leadership role, even if it was 2nd group leader.  I feel kind of bad for her, but wonder what they may say about her personality too.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Doesn't seem to me that Daphne finds it embarrasing/awkward. It just shocked her. I got the same reaction when smth happens 😂

1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

I must say I am surprised that Savannah didn't get a leadership role, even if it was 2nd group leader.  I feel kind of bad for her, but wonder what they may say about her personality too.

I never expected Savannah to get a leadership role. She never seemed the dancer that would get it, good dancer but maybe not fit for a leadership role. (Idk for sure but did Melissa Kellerman had a role in her 4th/5th year?)

I am more sad for Rachel A. I really thought she would have got 2nd leader over Ashlee. I hope she decides to stay for a 5th year and became a 2nd leader. She became one of my faves

• Love 5

Something that just clicked into my mind while reading the new comments, remember how everyone was talking about the girls facing the field and dancing with their backs to the crowds, the game against the browns the girls were facing the crowds more from parts i saw. So I wonder if week 1 was a trial and error, purely for filming or what the girls/people fed back of TPTB read on here?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Go wedgemaster3000!

image.thumb.png.032c2498c52c42e6bd9ab86f662a1b2f.png

Brennan is so adorable. I guess if you were going to get cut, this might be the best year ... being so strange w/Covid restrictions. Its hard to feel like your missing much.

• Love 21
48 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Something that just clicked into my mind while reading the new comments, remember how everyone was talking about the girls facing the field and dancing with their backs to the crowds, the game against the browns the girls were facing the crowds more from parts i saw. So I wonder if week 1 was a trial and error, purely for filming or what the girls/people fed back of TPTB read on here?

I was at their first home game cmt wasn’t there 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

I was wondering, cause the film crew isn't really "essential" and it would just be extra people, when you really can't afford to have any "extra"

31 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe they filmed them at The Star pre-bus ride to the stadium if they weren’t allowed at the actual game? 

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I had some difficulties separating the great dancer from the impression that was the result of the character assassination that was carried out on Gina in her first year, so my opinion on Gina varied through the years.

After her second year, Gina danced her way into my heart and she stayed there based on her character and how caring and devoted she is. When TCC Gina Campagna almost blew all the other girls knees out by split-jumping out of sync, Gina was the most concerned and you could see how emotional she was for Gina Campagna. When Bridget fainted, Gina was the first to help. Gina's encouragement and coaching of Meredith during Melissa's Kiss Of Death session last season, was heartwarming.

I am, almost at the end of Gina's tenure, finally #TeamGina.

Same! Ill admit that I had issues with Gina her rookie year. She same across a bit arrogant in her interviews. Then I realized it was probably editing. I remember Kitty was gunning for her too after someone supposedly told her Gina had a bad attitude. But she's grown on me and I really like her! Plus, my eye just goes straight to her when she's dancing in a group. Gina would be my choice for point, but sadly she will not get it. Maddie is the fan favorite with the comeback story and a "Star" according to MRS. They are going to ride that train till Maddie retires.

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Right? Gina was pretty enough to make the team, so what's their problem?  Besides, it's subjective, I think she's prettier than Maddie.

Maddie is a great dancer but every single time I look at her all I see is a cute little brown chipmunk. It's the round cheeks! To this day I still wonder if Kelli still have lingering issue with Gina's features. Call me sensitive, but I would be a bit ticked off if my boss told me I look like the joker when I  smile.

1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

I was surprised too! Savannah is a solid dancer, great ambassador, and very mature. It's possible that she didn't want the role. Maybe she was still holding out hope for making Show Group.  She's one of the ones I predict might retire next year.

• Love 7