Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I just saw this - it's really nothing at all but I need to see what you guys thought of this.image.thumb.png.c8e6d44ef542c14a15c736922da877fa.pngSo we have Caroline's spotlight, where she is in the 'signature' pose, which we have seen before as it is her cameo. This is the same with Victoria.image.thumb.png.e78fecb0cc80e6934475e8b05646d0dc.png. I've never seen this cameo picture of Erin. Does anyone else think these may be the new cameos or am I just making things up?

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, Lona said:

Hey guys! I suggest heading over to the "Making the Team" instagram page.

CMT posted a pic of K&J and asked "How FABULOUS do Kelli and Judy look in their masks?!"

Without missing a single beat, the first response is "You should ask Hannah and Brennan"

🤣😂🤣😂

I guess I am the only that didnt found it funny but hey, I am also the only one that can actually get why Brennan got cut 🙈

(Gonna hide again)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sara 1 said:

I just saw this - it's really nothing at all but I need to see what you guys thought of this.image.thumb.png.c8e6d44ef542c14a15c736922da877fa.pngSo we have Caroline's spotlight, where she is in the 'signature' pose, which we have seen before as it is her cameo. This is the same with Victoria.image.thumb.png.e78fecb0cc80e6934475e8b05646d0dc.png. I've never seen this cameo picture of Erin. Does anyone else think these may be the new cameos or am I just making things up?

That is Erins full body photo of the photo they she used as her Twitter picture. Rachel W for example has that too

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, loveaux said:

Hey! a traditional sew in is usually the perimeter of her hair + a section up top (usually called leave-out) is left out to cover the tracks. Her hair is braided and the extensions are sewn onto the braids which can be covered with a net to prevent excess tension that will pull her hair out. Traditional installs are pretty good, as long as there isn't much heat being put on the leave out which can cause it to get ate up and broken off. 😇

also yea, Bri usually wears little to no makeup usually, but during cameos I've noticed she wears a lot more makeup. I can relate because on picture day for my team, I usually have a full beat, but regular game days and what not I really don't wear foundation and just opt for a natural kind of look.

so former TN-Brianna is (coming} back? I figured she would be ready to retire given she came in with a few professional seasons already. And last year's auditions, she seem to lose a little of her stamina. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, sATL said:

so former TN-Brianna is (coming} back? I figured she would be ready to retire given she came in with a few professional seasons already. And last year's auditions, she seem to lose a little of her stamina. 

If you mean Briana Baisden, she came back and made the team (3rd year vet now) I think she is around 30yo now so I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to retire after this season

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

If you mean Briana Baisden, she came back and made the team (3rd year vet now) I think she is around 30yo now so I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to retire after this season

yes. I'm doing fair keeping up with first names.. last names slip my mind - if I ever knew it in the first place...

usually is a personal fact or two that helps me remember who is who. In Briana's case, I had several trips during the time she was auditioning (the season she didn't make it and the next one) where I would pass very closely by the TN Titans Nissan stadium in Nashville.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

ok.. here I go with my annual question.. As I see now we are on page 113..

Is there ONE link within the entire DCC forum, we can go to find out who retired , made it and who didn't come back from the 2019 squad ? Baically like a cheat-sheet 😀

This is week 5 of the NFL. While yes - the show isn't airing until next month ( prayerfully) , it would be nice to have quicker way to find out basic information to keep from re-hashing info, when someone has a question, about a particular dancer, who might have been discussed 50 pages ago .  

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is there ONE link within the entire DCC forum, we can go to find out who retired , made it and who didn't come back from the 2019 squad ? Baically like a cheat-sheet 😀

This is week 5 of the NFL. While yes - the show isn't airing until next month ( prayerfully) , it would be nice to have quicker way to find out basic information to keep from re-hashing info, when someone has a question, about a particular dancer, who might have been discussed 50 pages ago .  

If you have any questions you can always dm me !!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, sATL said:

First page on this very same topic for the rookies and the following website for the cut/retired cheerleaders:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders:_Making_the_Team

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

First page on this very same topic for the rookies and the following website for the cut/retired cheerleaders:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders:_Making_the_Team

7 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

If you have any questions you can always dm me !!

Thanks to you both !!!!

Apologies for not keeping up...  I didn't want to hold up the current discussions by asking basic old-news questions. !!!

1 hour ago, sATL said:

Returning vets (4 cuts)

cttc4.PNG

Retired vets

gtreqfwd.PNG

Current new squad

DCC2020.PNG.24a6064d6182cd2e3826cd5af4cbb495.PNG

Groups

Groups.PNG.48ffa60983495ae0e50a79c26eb14d05.PNG

Edited by AYTOfan
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

“If I can’t meet Kelli McGonagill Finglass’ standards, then I need to push harder.”
...or kiss more ass. Whichever works best for you.

"Jerry Jones himself hired Kelli Finglass, and if that doesn’t say much, I don’t know what will."
Did they not see last weeks game? This sentence doesn't mean what it used to. 😂

"Well, that was not the case for Kelli Finglass. She is the first cheerleader in DCC history who didn’t have to re-audition for a fifth season. That’s impressive."
I'm shocked this hasn't happened yet in Kelli's tenure... but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in the near future.

Who said this?

34 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

"Well, that was not the case for Kelli Finglass. She is the first cheerleader in DCC history who didn’t have to re-audition for a fifth season. That’s impressive."
I'm shocked this hasn't happened yet in Kelli's tenure... but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in the near future.

There has got to be more to this old back story.  No one prior to Kelli or before Kelli took over as director had 5+ years or could dance equal to or better than ? 

I'm not putting down her dance skills, but surely there has got to be others in the world...

Or maybe she was the 1st one who didn't have to go through 1st & 2nd round (the way it is today).. 

I would think fellow squad mates during the time would be a little pissed... under the "2 sets of rules" clause.. I mean for someone to just show up the 1st day of training camp, after spending all spring eating lettuce and dancing until blisters...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

It hasn't happened since Kelli and, from what I remember hearing, she's going to MAKE sure it never happens again, even for Victoria.  After all, Kelli wants to be the ONLY one with the honor of being able to actually walk onto the squad without having to go through auditions and not have to worry about being cut in Training Camp that year.

5 minutes ago, sATL said:

There has got to be more to this old back story.  No one prior to Kelli or before Kelli took over as director had 5+ years or could dance equal to or better than ? 

I'm not putting down her dance skills, but surely there has got to be others in the world...

Or maybe she was the 1st one who didn't have to go through 1st & 2nd round (the way it is today).. 

I would think fellow squad mates during the time would be a little pissed... under the "2 sets of rules" clause.. I mean for someone to just show up the 1st day of training camp..

I'm sure that there's more to the back story of why she just got to walk onto the squad.  The only thing I can remember (and I'm not even sure it's correct) was that a lot of girls left that year and Kelli was promised she wouldn't have to audition or worry about being cut if she stayed one last year.  How true that is, I don't know. I'm sure Kelli would tell the story as that she was SO good that the director said she wouldn't have to re-audition because of it.  I wouldn't be surprised if other girls were upset that Kelli didn't have to audition because, depending on the facts of the story, she was given something that was never offered to others before or since (and is something that Kelli will likely NEVER offer anyone as long as she's the director).  As for dance skills/abilities, I doubt Kelli was the best one on the squad at that time or even close to it.  She was likely one of the better girls and is definitely a performer, but the best one out there that year, especially among the girls that were leaving or the girls coming in?  I don't think so.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Briana is a favorite of mine. I'm glad she's back this year!

• Love 11
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm sure that there's more to the back story of why she just got to walk onto the squad.  The only thing I can remember (and I'm not even sure it's correct) was that a lot of girls left that year and Kelli was promised she wouldn't have to audition or worry about being cut if she stayed one last year.

Ten vets and 25 rookies, so I think that's why Kelli was promised a spot by Suzanne.

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_of_1988_-_89

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It hasn't happened since Kelli and, from what I remember hearing, she's going to MAKE sure it never happens again, even for Victoria.  After all, Kelli wants to be the ONLY one with the honor of being able to actually walk onto the squad without having to go through auditions and not have to worry about being cut in Training Camp that year.

I'm sure that there's more to the back story of why she just got to walk onto the squad.  The only thing I can remember (and I'm not even sure it's correct) was that a lot of girls left that year and Kelli was promised she wouldn't have to audition or worry about being cut if she stayed one last year.  How true that is, I don't know. I'm sure Kelli would tell the story as that she was SO good that the director said she wouldn't have to re-audition because of it.  I wouldn't be surprised if other girls were upset that Kelli didn't have to audition because, depending on the facts of the story, she was given something that was never offered to others before or since (and is something that Kelli will likely NEVER offer anyone as long as she's the director).  As for dance skills/abilities, I doubt Kelli was the best one on the squad at that time or even close to it.  She was likely one of the better girls and is definitely a performer, but the best one out there that year, especially among the girls that were leaving or the girls coming in?  I don't think so.

Regina Tucker didn't have to audition for her 7th season back in the 90s.  I'm not sure why, but she had on street clothes when they said "welcome back" while calling out the names of the veterans and TCC who made it to training camp.  Kelli mentioned that Regina didn't have to try out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ten vets and 25 rookies, so I think that's why Kelli was promised a spot by Suzanne.

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_of_1988_-_89

So interesting to see how it was back then

1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Does anyone know, possibly @ShellyB, if there are All Stars this year?  If so, who they are? Thanks

I have no idea, if they are, will Emma be a All Star again? 😂😂 she should have been credited as a 5th year vet anyways as she joined the team for almost the whole 2016-2017 season 😂

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

So interesting to see how it was back then

I have no idea, if they are, will Emma be a All Star again? 😂😂 she should have been credited as a 5th year vet anyways as she joined the team for almost the whole 2016-2017 season 😂

Emma is the OG of the DCC😁

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, sATL said:

Do we have to wait for the show to find out if Melissa R and/or Kashara helped with TCC in the bubble ?

Kash was there from the start melissa virtual 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Regina Tucker didn't have to audition for her 7th season back in the 90s.  I'm not sure why, but she had on street clothes when they said "welcome back" while calling out the names of the veterans and TCC who made it to training camp.  Kelli mentioned that Regina didn't have to try out.

That's good to know.  From the way Kelli tells it, she was the ONLY one who ever had that honor and I didn't know where to look to confirm that.  I guess Kelli WISHES she was the only one and doesn't promote the knowledge that Regina Tucker didn't have to audition either.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What's GOAT or OG?

Greatest Of All Time -- normally used for someone who has set records or reached a high level already and still is going on after most would have retired (or passed).. like Tom Brady 

Old Gang / Original Gangster ...kinda like a old school, by the book, or defined what should be/could be in the book, person.. set the trend that others have tried to copy or sample.. For example if Michal Jackson was still alive, doing music videos and dropping platinum albums/earning Grammys/etc, some would consider him an OG of pop - as there has been a whole generation of pop singers since. who have accomplished close.  The late Eddie Van Halen - another OG - has anyone come close to playing the eclectic guitar the way he did -he set a standard and I'm sure many have tried.

I'll leave the itemizing of DCC GOATs and/or OGs to others.. That's hard for me to do as in my two examples the people had 20+ years of perfecting and elevating their craft, and people trying to reach, learn from their success or library/catalogue..

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, DCCland said:

Does anyone know when the show airs on cmt this year? I really hope Maddie hangs up her poms next year so someone else can be point I just can’t get on the Maddie train

She’s fake point they aren’t doing thunder on the field 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 1
38 minutes ago, sATL said:

Greatest Of All Time -- normally used for someone who has set records or reached a high level already and still is going on after most would have retired (or passed).. like Tom Brady 

Old Gang / Original Gangster ...kinda like a old school, by the book, or defined what should be/could be in the book, person.. set the trend that others have tried to copy or sample.. For example if Michal Jackson was still alive, doing music videos and dropping platinum albums/earning Grammys/etc, some would consider him an OG of pop - as there has been a whole generation of pop singers since. who have accomplished close.  The late Eddie Van Halen - another OG - has anyone come close to playing the eclectic guitar the way he did -he set a standard and I'm sure many have tried.

I'll leave the itemizing of DCC GOATs and/or OGs to others.. That's hard for me to do as in my two examples the people had 20+ years of perfecting and elevating their craft, and people trying to reach, learn from their success or library/catalogue..

Thanks 🙂

• Love 2
6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Send me you email and I'll be happy to cut and paste it for you.  Private message of course.

Thank you!! I’ll message you now!

its definitely a downside, for world class ladies role models around the world you’d think they’d try and reach out to other countries, you can’t get making the team on prime unless I set my amazon account settings to USA. It’s currently unavailable on the uk. I was rewatching series and can’t get the last two episodes of 11 now 🙄 

2 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Thank you!! I’ll message you now!

its definitely a downside, for world class ladies role models around the world you’d think they’d try and reach out to other countries, you can’t get making the team on prime unless I set my amazon account settings to USA. It’s currently unavailable on the uk. I was rewatching series and can’t get the last two episodes of 11 now 🙄 

Are the NFL games - specifically Dallas - aired in the UK?  Just wondering how much the NFL is trying to reach out to other countries. Or did someone tie the two together - no NFL , no DCC

7 minutes ago, sATL said:

Are the NFL games - specifically Dallas - aired in the UK?  Just wondering how much the NFL is trying to reach out to other countries. Or did someone tie the two together - no NFL , no DCC

Yeah you can get games on tv here, my boyfriend watches them 🙂 we’ve currently got chiefs vs raiders on. One of our main channels - itv - shows making the team but it takes a lot longer to play over here, so my boyfriend accesses American channels on his fire stick so I can watch MTT when it airs in the US 🙂sky sports, bbc & channel 5 (more uk channels) have started playing games or a show with all the game highlights, it’s getting a fairly big following over here (nfl in general) there was a lot more noticeable merch being worn last year and a fair amount of people watching super bowl. There’s at least 6 of us in my office who watch the games and we’d talk about them or discuss teams in general 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Send me you email and I'll be happy to cut and paste it for you.  Private message of course.

would you possibly be able to do that for me as well please?

FYI - from ( link )  ...😢

"ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dak Prescott was hospitalized with a serious right ankle injury against the New York Giants on Sunday that forced him to leave the game on a cart and in tears.

The Dallas Cowboys' star quarterback will undergo ankle surgery Sunday night, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.  ... "🙏

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1