Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Call me sensitive, but I would be a bit ticked off if my boss told me I look like the joker when I  smile.

Call me worse, I'd probably cry LOL!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I never got the Savannah hype, She falls middle/lower middle of the pack for me in terms of dance. 

She's always been one of the weaker "blenders" to me...but I like her.  I just never saw her as a group leader/second leader.  She just doesn't seem to have that kind of drive.  Other than that, she seems to be a very sweet young lady who loves what she does. 🙂 

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I never got the Savannah hype, She falls middle/lower middle of the pack for me in terms of dance. 

there's savannah hype? LOL

she's the definition of a blender and obviously we see only a small part of these girls' personalities but she's always seemed so passive and more like a follower than a leader...like she's just happy to be there so she's not gonna gun for a leadership position or anything. her dancing has always been just passable, not powerful or anything. she just has disney princess hair

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Both stunning indeed and very young.

Here you can see Gina Maria's reaction to Gina Marie's mistake

Daphne finds it more embarrassing/awkward.

426967427_Screenshot2020-10-07at16_35_09.thumb.png.2c195bf0104cb1d39b0eb502222a3110.png

Before that incident, during Jennifer Colvin's workshop, Gina Marie was corrected for chasing the choreography and broke down in tears (very big ones, running down her face-her tears that is) and Gina Maria stood up from the veterans side and went to Gina Marie to console her.

gina.thumb.jpg.62521ad64f6bc21960e1d52356261b1b.jpg

That pic with daphne is a perfect example of why I do not think she needs to be point. Her ribs are really strange. It’s not just that they are prominent but her whole torso has an odd shape like no waist then those far apart and sticking out ribs. Sammich won’t fix your shape. Plus she always looks so tired under the eyes. I don’t care if she got drunk at a lake, or went o UCLA, she does not photograph well. 
Rachel as one of the points does not suprise me at all bc she never photographs bad. I don’t think her dance is blender. Not Caroline, Amber, Gina Level not not bottom of the rung either. 
Far better choice to me than Maddie, Amy, Tess, Lexie and even Gina. 
I do think Gina is wasting her time here.  Same as Jalyn. They prob don’t want to quit what they’ve started and Gina seems like the type who will not give up once she’s set a goal and strives to be the best, but sister theyve Not just overlooked you, theyve blatantly chosen over you, so take that as it is what it is. Finish school if you’re in Dallas for grad work but cut your losses and move on.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Her and her boyfriend y’all might recognize him if y’all watch the first 48 

DFA0D546-181E-4D50-A926-331E666A18EA.jpeg

Wait my husband is obsessed with the First 48 so i've seen almost every episode, why is he escaping me?

24 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Wait my husband is obsessed with the First 48 so i've seen almost every episode, why is he escaping me?

It was driving me crazy too!!  I was thinking Dallas, but he was/is? part of the Tulsa team

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

It was driving me crazy too!!  I was thinking Dallas, but he was/is? part of the Tulsa team

Really! the one from Tulsa that always stands out to me is the bald man with the bow tie! :-)

• LOL 2
11 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

He was  part of the Tulsa team 

This is him 

20731B17-0858-4E9F-81C4-B0EB7A1CB387.jpeg

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 5

I actually think making 3rd years 2nd GL makes sense. Rachel A and Savannah probably won’t do another year but Caroline, Ashlee, Amber and Rachel W might so this season would prep them for becoming GL next season. This would be a smooth transition for them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

she's the definition of a blender and obviously we see only a small part of these girls' personalities but she's always seemed so passive and more like a follower than a leader...like she's just happy to be there so she's not gonna gun for a leadership position or anything. her dancing has always been just passable, not powerful or anything. she just has disney princess hair

I covet her hair! 

I often wonder, I know it's a big deal to be point and all that, but I wonder how many of them really want to be. It's more work, more pressure, and for what? Being a DCC isn't really a long term career for most. It's murder on the body, maintaining the weight you had when you were 18, 19, 20 isn't healthy and it doesn't pay that well. I suppose "team leader" might look good on their resume. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I covet her hair! 

I often wonder, I know it's a big deal to be point and all that, but I wonder how many of them really want to be. It's more work, more pressure, and for what? Being a DCC isn't really a long term career for most. It's murder on the body, maintaining the weight you had when you were 18, 19, 20 isn't healthy and it doesn't pay that well. I suppose "team leader" might look good on their resume. 

Exactly! That's why some of the comments here confuse me, like re: Jalyn and Gina above. etc. Like they might as well quit just because they won't be group leaders or point lol or be in show group. Just being a regular ol' DCC is a big deal, and they're obviously having a good time. They already work so hard for such little pay, being front and center is just so much risk for no more reward. I mean, prestige and all that. But for most I bet it's just more stressful than anything. 

Also, being a DCC alone is pretty elite as far as dancing/cheerleading in the US goes, so I personally wouldn't feel like shit just because I don't get picked to be the elite of the elite (show group, GL, point) LOL. It takes a lot to get on the squad in the first place. I guess it really depends on how competitive they are. 

Honestly the whole tiered squad thing with show group is something I've always found annoyingly competitive, like damn lmao

Edited by vanillagum
  • LOL 4
  • Love 20
24 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Exactly! That's why some of the comments here confuse me, like re: Jalyn and Gina above. etc. Like they might as well quit just because they won't be group leaders or point lol or be in show group. Just being a regular ol' DCC is a big deal, and they're obviously having a good time. They already work so hard for such little pay, being front and center is just so much risk for no more reward. I mean, prestige and all that. But for most I bet it's just more stressful than anything. 

Also, being a DCC alone is pretty elite as far as dancing/cheerleading in the US goes, so I personally wouldn't feel like shit just because I don't get picked to be the elite of the elite (show group, GL, point) LOL. It takes a lot to get on the squad in the first place. I guess it really depends on how competitive they are. 

Honestly the whole tiered squad thing with show group is something I've always found annoyingly competitive, like damn lmao

Totally! Showgroup is so irrelevant now anyway. They don't learn showgroup-only routines anymore to entertain the troops and wherever else they would perform. Just use whatever girls are free when you need to do an appearance. If to get on the squad you are "world-class", then what do you need to be to make showgroup? A+++ Victoria??

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, Monique said:

When I saw that Gina was one of the very few DCC bridesmaids of Miranda I knew she had to be a good person. Miranda always came off to me as the most genuine and kindhearted of the DCC.  

Miranda has 4 DCC bridesmaids- Caroline, Lexie and Molly as well (although molly and Lexie were “bridal party” members or something). And I agree Miranda seems lovely, and I like her raising awareness of important issues on instagram, in a similar vein to Hannah.  

• Love 10

Whew--I worked so hard to get caught up on 8 million forum pages, and then I come back a week later and I had so much more catching up to do! Feeling accomplished for getting through it all.

Regarding that census video and multiple posters' surprise at Briana's appearance and how different she looked. I really don't want to go back to find the video in the original post here, but I have a theory: That doesn't look like Briana because...it's not Briana. I think it's Sydney, who does look kind of like Malena. As others point out, the woman in the video looks darker, taller, has more almond shaped eyes, and a differently shaped face. Again, I think all that's because it's not Bri.

• Love 2
On 10/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, Trixi said:

VK has point written all over. Nothing can stop it. 

Oh it’s going to happen. As long as she can stay in halfway decent shape she’ll be there at least The first half.

hinestly I think she’s improved a ton and looks great this year. If they’d just stopped trying to make fetch happen and let us organically like her there would be no problem

1 minute ago, M1977G said:

Whew--I worked so hard to get caught up on 8 million forum pages, and then I come back a week later and I had so much more catching up to do! Feeling accomplished for getting through it all.

Regarding that census video and multiple posters' surprise at Briana's appearance and how different she looked. I really don't want to go back to find the video in the original post here, but I have a theory: That doesn't look like Briana because...it's not Briana. I think it's Sydney, who does look kind of like Malena. As others point out, the woman in the video looks darker, taller, has more almond shaped eyes, and a differently shaped face. Again, I think all that's because it's not Bri.

It’s Bri with a dif hairline and some botox to the forehead and eyes. 

• Love 6

Well, whew again! I had to go back and watch and expand the video window to the whole screen to believe it was Bri. Her Botox eyebrows are kind of devastating in how much they change her gorgeous face. She is so freaking beautiful that I can't understand wanting to make herself look like someone else. But, I rarely understand that choice in young or beautiful people, even as I also know that I don't have to understand--folks can do what they want with their bodies, of course, but Bridget didn't need fillers and neither does Bri, and neither looked prettier to me with the injections. 

• Love 4
On 10/6/2020 at 5:31 AM, Weeklydcc said:

I think they're for breast cancer awareness month.  The pink is very subtle because they look silvery white.  I assume in November they go back to the regular poms.

Thanks for the info. For a good cause, I'll tolerate them. :-)

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

But does he have "Disney Princess" hair??? 🤣

ha, kashara said she was like a “disney princess” her rookie season, and i feel like i’ve seen people online repeat that about her looks so it’s stuck in my head about her

i wish i had her hair tbh

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

ha, kashara said she was like a “disney princess” her rookie season, and i feel like i’ve seen people online repeat that about her looks so it’s stuck in my head about her

i wish i had her hair tbh

Didn't she work as a Disney Princess?  I know Jasmine did (dancing on a disney cruise) but I was thinking she did as well.  Maybe not dancing on a cruise but some kind of princess.

13 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Oh it’s going to happen. As long as she can stay in halfway decent shape she’ll be there at least The first half.

hinestly I think she’s improved a ton and looks great this year. If they’d just stopped trying to make fetch happen and let us organically like her there would be no problem

It’s Bri with a dif hairline and some botox to the forehead and eyes. 

By different hairline, do you mean she now has a bang? Because Brianna doesn’t have a wig like Kat and Ashlee-not that any choice is wrong. She has extensions. Theres no way for her to change her hairline. That’s her real hair on top...

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Speaking of Kelli and the toxicity of her management style, Ifound this video really interesting. One of my all-time favorite dancers is Kathryn Morgan, a former soloist with both NYC & Miami. She took 8 years off because of her thyroid, got back into a professional company last year, and announced officially today that she has quit Miami. The primary reason was toxic management and choosing her own health over false promises. I was watching it and wanting every DCC/TCC/ dancer to see it. I hope you enjoy it, especially around minute 19.: 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 10/7/2020 at 6:01 PM, Mabinogia said:

I covet her hair! 

I don't know what kind of jobs those ladies have, but if you work a typical office job it might be hard to dedicate the time needed to be a group leader.  I know that they've said on the show before that group leaders lead practices with their groups and if needed, meet up with any rookies in their group that are struggling.  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

By different hairline, do you mean she now has a bang? Because Brianna doesn’t have a wig like Kat and Ashlee-not that any choice is wrong. She has extensions. Theres no way for her to change her hairline. That’s her real hair on top...

Really does Ashlee wear a wig? I never noticed, it’s a bit more obvious on Kat. Is there any pics of Ashlee with her natural hair 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, KickYourNose said:

Speaking of Kelli and the toxicity of her management style, Ifound this video really interesting. One of my all-time favorite dancers is Kathryn Morgan, a former soloist with both NYC & Miami. She took 8 years off because of her thyroid, got back into a professional company last year, and announced officially today that she has quit Miami. The primary reason was toxic management and choosing her own health over false promises. I was watching it and wanting every DCC/TCC/ dancer to see it. I hope you enjoy it, especially around minute 19.: 

She and Misty Copeland are my two favorite ballerinas.  This story made me cry...especially at the end when she breaks down.  As someone who has struggled with thyroid issues, I understand what she's gone thru.  I am so happy she made the decision she did to leave and I wish her nothing but the best in her future endeavors!! (Kathryn Morgan and Friends ...I hope it takes off!!)

• Love 13
13 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Really does Ashlee wear a wig? I never noticed, it’s a bit more obvious on Kat. Is there any pics of Ashlee with her natural hair 

Ashlee wears a lace front wig. It looks really natural on her. Bri normally flat irons her hair and wears a few extensions in the back. If she switched over to a wig, I wouldn't blame her. All that heat is horrible for natural hair. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Ashlee wears a lace front wig. It looks really natural on her. Bri normally flat irons her hair and wears a few extensions in the back. If she switched over to a wig, I wouldn't blame her. All that heat is horrible for natural hair. 

This is the hair stylists post about Briana, she says it is a traditional install which means a weave instead of a wig but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is her natural hair straightened, but more like a wig/extensions that are sewn ont. I am not black and not an expert so if I'm wrong someone please correct me. 

I think Briana just usually wears a lot less makeup than they put on her during cameos so thats why she looks different in that video 🤷‍♀️ 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, KellyKapowski said:

I can not believe Gina is that far back in the triangle 😮😲 talent doesn't count for as much as it should with Kelli and Judy 😡

She is in the the traingle for the first part. Besides, being a talented dancer isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to DCC so. Be glad she in it for a part of TS lol

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

This is the hair stylists post about Briana, she says it is a traditional install which means a weave instead of a wig but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is her natural hair straightened, but more like a wig/extensions that are sewn ont. I am not black and not an expert so if I'm wrong someone please correct me. 

I think Briana just usually wears a lot less makeup than they put on her during cameos so thats why she looks different in that video 🤷‍♀️ 

Hey! a traditional sew in is usually the perimeter of her hair + a section up top (usually called leave-out) is left out to cover the tracks. Her hair is braided and the extensions are sewn onto the braids which can be covered with a net to prevent excess tension that will pull her hair out. Traditional installs are pretty good, as long as there isn't much heat being put on the leave out which can cause it to get ate up and broken off. 😇

also yea, Bri usually wears little to no makeup usually, but during cameos I've noticed she wears a lot more makeup. I can relate because on picture day for my team, I usually have a full beat, but regular game days and what not I really don't wear foundation and just opt for a natural kind of look.

• Useful 9
  • Love 12