Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Figures!  Exactly why I cannot stand Facebook groups.  Bunch of old heads in there that don't know what they are talking about and its the same questions over and over 🤪  🤣

When I still had Facebook I was in a group about a minute and left. Some of the same people here all polite and sweet being total two faced bitches Spilling tea there like nobody would notice. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Those photos of Jerry are absolutely, utterly disgusting. Context doesn't matter, but I'd like to know anyway. Are these former cheerleaders or from somewhere else? I'd really, really like to know what the organization has to say about those. I'm appalled.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Those photos of Jerry are absolutely, utterly disgusting. Context doesn't matter, but I'd like to know anyway. Are these former cheerleaders or from somewhere else? I'd really, really like to know what the organization has to say about those. I'm appalled.

I"ve been a DCC fan for 42 years.  I don't recognize those women as DCCs.

By the way, those pics have been floating around for years.  I first saw them on a Cowboys message board a good 8 years or so ago.

Edited by Weeklydcc
Added comment.
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Tulip86 said:

But, lest we derail this thread, my big question is: why has the show still not been renewed? Usually we would have been at episode 5 by now!

I’m hoping it doesn’t get renewed. I realize my own hypocrisy here of being invested in a show that is so disparaging to women, but it’s time for this show to die.

Feel free to throw tomatoes at me. 😊

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 9/5/2020 at 12:00 AM, SmpIsimon said:

I don’t think VK will ever be point. Kelli knows on some level that her dancing is just not up to snuff and, if they put her there, it’ll highlight for everyone watching just how weak she is. 

I'm in agreement here.  I think she could possibly be in the diamond....or she will keep the space they put her in last season when she took over Gina's spot...but I don't ever see her as point...not even with Aunt Kelli's biased views...but I've often been wrong.  🙂 

On 9/5/2020 at 7:01 PM, SmpIsimon said:

I’m sure that’s true for many, but for those who find her views repugnant, it undermines the integrity of the organization that they’d use her as an ambassador for the brand. 

I agree. I loved her and miss her!

Can someone help Lisa find her neck? She looks like an evil hobbit. 

Oh....this is horrible

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

When we were little, my mom said she wasn't going camping with us anymore because she was only there to cook, clean, etc. 😄

This sounds like something I would say. 😄 I've been on a real "no one appreciates what I do to keep this household running!" kick lately. I guess the toll of home isolation since early March, overseeing online learning for two kids, and working full time from home has taken its toll!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I’m hoping it doesn’t get renewed. I realize my own hypocrisy here of being invested in a show that is so disparaging to women, but it’s time for this show to die.

Feel free to throw tomatoes at me. 😊

Agree.  Let's draw the curtain on this shit show.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

But there is something about alcohol in their contracts (I don't remember what it says, but I remember it's there because of the big discussion here about it being misspelled in the contract when Kelli pulled out the contract when cofronting Holly). 

Anyone remember what it said?

We never got a good shot of it, but from the little I can see, it looks like this clause is about drinking while on the job.

image.png.cbae6efe191cc04a7507ed0738f436a0.png

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Can someone help Lisa find her neck? She looks like an evil hobbit. 

2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Oh....this is horrible

Although I get the strong impression that Lisa is not liked by many on this site, I haven't quite figured out why.  I must have missed something along the way.  Would someone fill me in, please? 

4 minutes ago, MsTBGal said:

Although I get the strong impression that Lisa is not liked by many on this site, I haven't quite figured out why.  I must have missed something along the way.  Would someone fill me in, please? 

She was known to be a tattle tale mean girl while she danced for the Mavs !!!

• Love 1

Not considering any of Lisa’s alleged personality characteristics that may be the cause for the blanket criticisms...

I don’t see anything wrong with her body. Definitely not a traditional dancer’s body type, but not a reason to sling her through the mud for her muscular physique (which doesn’t come easy AT ALL).

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
Just now, TB12 said:

For me, Lisa's physique is just another way Kelli overlooks something she cuts someone else for ie: Lacey from St Louis, Viviane, even Kali who was not muscular but definitely bigger boned, Meghan (thut--- (for reference only---i loathe that term) Kelli has no problem talking so poorly about their bodies yet overlooks Lisa's very strong body? 

Absolutely agree. Good point.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

image.thumb.jpeg.713eb8c59adf3700be02d6e7571d0bd6.jpeghas anyone else seen this? Do we know if there’s any names behind her we don’t recognise as vet names? Looks like one still says Meredith so maybe the locker room hasn’t been updated 

Hasn’t been updated yet all last season Photos still there 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Gal on here said she took class at Nicole B's studio.  Nicole said when she was a DCC, there was a lot required time wise and it seems to have gotten worse.  But I remember Milan saying on the podcast that they were upset with her for not being able to make an appearance.  If one gal can't make it, aren't there plenty of others who might be able to.

Oh gee, doesn't that look familiar!!!!  @AYTOfan

It certainly looks familiar, I really like how they highlighted the Showgroup members with blue 🤭😍

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, go4luca said:

It does look familiar.  Looks like another version of the one @DutchDCCfan originally shared on this forum.

20200713_022452_rookies.jpg

20200713_022554..jpg

They are the same person 😅😂

17 hours ago, CailynA said:

Um just positing a thought here, maybe the creator of the grid posts both here and on the FB group

Nah, I am not in any Facebook group

• Love 2
4 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Not considering any of Lisa’s alleged personality characteristics that may be the cause for the blanket criticisms...

I don’t see anything wrong with her body. Definitely not a traditional dancer’s body type, but not a reason to sling her through the mud for her muscular physique (which doesn’t come easy AT ALL).

The problem is that Kelli has cut women with better bodies than Lisa because they didn't "look good in the uniform."  Her body is fine, but it's not a traditional DCC body by any stretch of the imagination.  I do think her short neck and short legs cause her to look bad in the uniform.  

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, meb1130 said:

I work as an athletic trainer at a high school, and have been run over on the sidelines at a football game more than once, they were accidents.  Too bad she doesn't stand up for the girls.   

23 hours ago, meb1130 said:

I always thought this was a prime example of Kellis petty and nastiness. The girl who got tackled didnt ask for it and it wasnt really her fault, it's hard to get out of the way when someone is suddenly charging full speed at you. But because it made national headlines it was all the girls fault rather than just a freak unfortunate accident

According to Kelli, IIRC, the issue wasn’t the tackling itself, it was because the cheerleader posted something on social media about the player not being as tough as she thought or something like that. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

The problem is that Kelli has cut women with better bodies than Lisa because they didn't "look good in the uniform."  Her body is fine, but it's not a traditional DCC body by any stretch of the imagination.  I do think her short neck and short legs make cause her to look bad in the uniform.  

She has poor dance quality.  Stiffness, lack of extension and lack of flexibility .  She is late on counts and late many times. Her turns are flat and due to her short neck she dances with her shoulders up by her ears .  Then you compare her quality to Hannah for example and it is boggling that Hannah was cut for “Pom performance”

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

image.thumb.jpeg.713eb8c59adf3700be02d6e7571d0bd6.jpeghas anyone else seen this? Do we know if there’s any names behind her we don’t recognise as vet names? Looks like one still says Meredith so maybe the locker room hasn’t been updated 

Just curious: Is there a reason for Charlotte to be posing in the locker room?

Edited by Muckypup61
23 hours ago, forumborum said:

She has poor dance quality.  Stiffness, lack of extension and lack of flexibility .  She is late on counts and late many times. Her turns are flat and due to her short neck she dances with her shoulders up by her ears .  Then you compare her quality to Hannah for example and it is boggling that Hannah was cut for “Pom performance”

I agree.  Lisa’s dancing is very heavy and sharp; to me, she lacks fluidity and musicality.  I don’t know her background, but I’d bet it’s cheer or gymnastics.  

I really liked Hannah and don’t buy any dance-related reason for her cut.  She displayed a great balance between classical training and pom style.  I thought Meredith was a beautiful dancer but she never got strong enough in DCC style, so I’m not surprised she was cut.  I didn’t think either Brennan or Lily were the strongest dancers technically, but I thought they were solid and reliable blenders.  And please understand that unlike Kelli, I don’t use the term “blender” as a pejorative when it comes to a dance team. You NEED them.  I think Gina is probably the best dancer on the team right now and Holly Powell was the most talented in recent years, but I can’t imagine an entire team full of them.  

ETA: I didn’t mean to imply that I think Lisa’s a bad dancer or shouldn’t be on the team.  I think she’d be more enjoyable to watch with some ballet or even contemporary instruction to learn to be a bit lighter and more fluid in her movements to balance out her power.  

Edited by Jazzhands
Original message came off much more harshly than intended.
  • Love 20

Soo.... I’ve been busy and got behind and come to catch up and it seems I’ve missed a lot. ....  Brennan,  Hannah ahhhh!! Does someone know the approximate date this went down or pg I should go back to catch up..... pretty bummed to see Brennan gone... thanks in advance!

Totally forgot I also made a overview with the retirements. I am gonna miss them all, especially Heather and Alexis

gtreqfwd.PNG

I'm gonna be selfish by the way and hoping they air the show. I wanna see Claire W, Dani and Jessica perform and making the squad 🙊

Edited by AYTOfan
  • Love 17
50 minutes ago, javajunkiee said:

Yuuu huuu @lemonbus230 Where you at girl?  You didn't go on vacation did you? Inquiring minds and all that...  😁

Gonna be completely honest here. Given the downward trajectory this organization is going, I'm kind of scared to find out anymore
"inside information" 😂.

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Lona said:

Gonna be completely honest here. Given the downward trajectory this organization is going, I'm kind of scared to find out anymore
"inside information" 😂.

I know, right?  It's sad and hilarious all at once. I just want to see Kelli and Charlotte wake the hell up and DEAL with the disaster their (well, Kelli's really) weak, inconsistent and hypocritical management style has brought them. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Wow, her hands look like her largest body part!  And is she still married... would love to see THAT ring!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Lona said:

"inside information" 😂.

14 minutes ago, javajunkiee said:

I know, right?  It's sad and hilarious all at once. I just want to see Kelli and Charlotte wake the hell up and DEAL with the disaster their (well, Kelli's really) weak, inconsistent and hypocritical management style has brought them. 

I'm not afraid of insider information.  But what I find sad is the new rookie class seeing just how far certain rules can be stretched or ignored. We've already heard from insiders here about Marissa's "personality concerns". This kind of approach can't be good for the future of this team.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I'm not afraid of insider information.  But what I find sad is the new rookie class seeing just how far certain rules can be stretched or ignored. We've already heard from insiders here about Marissa's "personality concerns". This kind of approach can't be good for the future of this team.

People are now being open and stating facts whereas before it was hush hush 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, forumborum said:

Yes, I understand that.  My point is the extreme to which things have been going and it's not setting a good example for the next DCC generation let alone leadership.  But hey - go ahead and dump some proven veterans while TPTB ignore other major rule breaks.  Great way to teach the new rookie class that never should have been during a pandemic year.

• Love 12

11 hours ago, MsTBGal said:

10 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

It's neither like nor dislike on my part (although I have the feeling we wouldn't be friends 😉) -- it's all the "I'm so fierce/I'm going to beat you up" facial expressions I can do without. Not a good look for one of "America's Sweethearts."

And, yes, I am jealous of that body. 😆

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Before I enlarged the photo for a closer look, I read "LOSS" on her mask (yea, I'm blind). 😅

Seriously, does she really need to wear a mask identifying her as the boss? For a minute there, I thought I was looking at the janitor!😉

• LOL 18
On 9/7/2020 at 7:14 PM, superbity said:

Seriously though. I went to the same college as Caroline and she was in the sorority stereotyped for partying and *ahem* being generous with the guys. Don't get me wrong she seems like a nice girl and can pull herself together and be mature when she needs to be, but the girl parties hard and gets ****faced like any other pretty 25 year old.

But like that's normal for girls around our age. Let them have fun. However, I agree they need to be extremely cautious if they choose to go out during a pandemic (not saying anyone of ANY age should be going out during a pandemic anyway). Not including the pandemic as a factor, if things were normal, I wouldn't judge any of the girls if they wanted to go out and have fun with their friends..

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

We never got a good shot of it, but from the little I can see, it looks like this clause is about drinking while on the job.

image.png.cbae6efe191cc04a7507ed0738f436a0.png

Interesting - on all of the versions of the episode I've watched, they blurred out the contract aside from the circled line about association with players. So I'd never seen those other rules. Also, I don't really believe that this is their contract. It's not nearly detailed enough, there would be several more rules associated with association, uniforms/gum/alcohol would be part of a "prohibited actions" section which would have way more than 4 rules, and I really doubt that there would be a "general" section with just two rules. And that the general section would be the very last in the contract. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Erinbridget said:

But like that's normal for girls around our age. Let them have fun. However, I agree they need to be extremely cautious if they choose to go out during a pandemic (not saying anyone of ANY age should be going out during a pandemic anyway). Not including the pandemic as a factor, if things were normal, I wouldn't judge any of the girls if they wanted to go out and have fun with their friends..

I agree if there wasn't a pandemic then absolutely let the girls go out and have a good time. I think anyone should be careful about having too much to drink especially when out because bad stuff can happen. But seriously watching the podcasts and vet vlogs Caroline seems like somone who'd be great fun to party with tbh. Lets be honest with all the dcc weddings i'm sure once photos are taken and thunderstruck performed there would totally be a few that get more than a bit sloppy.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

It totally is normal! Albeit, as you said, its not the smartest decision during a pandemic and being that they are semi public figures. Just found it funny that people were so shocked Caroline was out drinking in public, because I know her in passing.

Edited by superbity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Totally forgot I also made a overview with the retirements. I am gonna miss them all, especially Heather and Alexis

gtreqfwd.PNG

I'm gonna be selfish by the way and hoping they air the show. I wanna see Claire W, Dani and Jessica perform and making the squad 🙊

Dance-wise, I'm only going to miss Bridget and Heather, although Taylor P looks great in her IG videos dancing! Bridget, I warmed to instantly, she just seems so genuine and warm. Also, her dancing is amazing! Heather has been a great ambassador for the team and should've been awarded more dance opportunities i.e. the triangle.

I've never been crazy about Amy, Alexis or Molly for some reason. They blend as dancers but I imagine they're better ambassadors than dancers. Alexis is one of the prettiest girls they've ever had though.

Although she's not a fave here, I warmed to Christina. Sure, she's not that great of a dancer but she did add a sense of maturity. However, it sounds from these boards that she can be a bit snotty on appearances. If so, good riddance!

I'll actually miss Miranda more than I thought I would originally. I never saw the appeal until last season. She's a blender in terms of dance but she would've made a great group leader this year and seems more mature than others. Seems to be a favourite on appearances too. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Dance-wise, I'm only going to miss Bridget and Heather, although Taylor P looks great in her IG videos dancing! Bridget, I warmed to instantly, she just seems so genuine and warm. Also, her dancing is amazing! Heather has been a great ambassador for the team and should've been awarded more dance opportunities i.e. the triangle.

I've never been crazy about Amy, Alexis or Molly for some reason. They blend as dancers but I imagine they're better ambassadors than dancers. Alexis is one of the prettiest girls they've ever had though.

Although she's not a fave here, I warmed to Christina. Sure, she's not that great of a dancer but she did add a sense of maturity. However, it sounds from these boards that she can be a bit snotty on appearances. If so, good riddance!

I'll actually miss Miranda more than I thought I would originally. I never saw the appeal until last season. She's a blender in terms of dance but she would've made a great group leader this year and seems more mature than others. Seems to be a favourite on appearances too. 

Heather should have been point last season, she had a glow up lookwise imo as I wasn't a fan of her look in her Rookie year. 

I totally agree with Alexis being one of the prettiest ladies they ever had, she is just beautiful. I wished she stayed for more year. 

I never had a problem with Christina being on the team. For me she is the example of never giving up. I neither got the impression she was snotty or something. Glad she was able to end her tenure on her own

I really liked Molly and Taylor P too. Bridget is awesome and Miranda just looks so sweet to me, she seemed like a amazing teammate!

• Love 10
9 hours ago, forumborum said:

we are learning more, however it's interesting to me that we get the info about girls going to the Ozarks and partying during a pandemic, then we're told all Cowboys employees that travel are supposed to quarantine and that's the last we hear. I think Kelli is cracking down on leaks and hard bc they have to have had practices by now, the 20th is their first home game putting them in the 14 day quarantine if they flew, and still missing practices if they're in the 7 day quarantine which we all know is a huge no no. I mean didn't Khalyn have to sit out a game for missing practice due to something with her full time contracted CAREER as a teacher? And I can't wait to see what the rules will be about them going home at all during the season? What about Christmas? Are the girls going to be allowed to go home or will they have to stay in Dallas and not see their families all bc they have the "privilege" of working and cheering for THE Dallas Cowboys organization

8 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

No problem whatsoever if they want to party when we're not in a pandemic, no problem if they want to drink as long as they aren't seen sloppy considering they are supposed to always present themselves in positive DCC fashion, no problem if they are seen sloppy and Kelli calls them out on it, no problem if they voluntarily quarantined when they came back though I'd still like to see Kelli read them the riot act bc it means they'd have to miss practice I"m sure and that's a huge no no not even ok when you have mono and the doctor says to stay in bed, no problem with them having fun so long as it doesn't impact their job, the one they signed a contract for, so long as it doesn't impact their team mates who may have to make more changes than usual to adjust their dances bc these ladies chose to go party during a pandemic.

• Love 4