Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, CailynA said:

Oh I'd lay odds there's something of a morality clause in their contract, something about behavior, they have to always appear in public in full DCC glam look even when not at a DCC event so I'm sure they're not supposed to be seen drunk, and yes drinking and drunk are two different things. Someone above mentioned the morality clause in a teacher's contract. I know as a teacher I was once told that we could be written up if there was a picture taken of us that we weren't even aware of that showed us in a bad light like drinking. From my student teaching, back in the dark ages of the late 90s lol, we were told going to happy hour with colleagues was ok but as it was usually on Friday to change out of our school shirts first. I can't imagine there isn't some similar conversation with the DCC. 

When I was on my high school dance team, we didn't have a specific contract but our coach told us repeatedly that as members of the dance team we were considered ambassadors so we should not do anything that would reflect poorly on the group. That meant on campus, off campus, in our classes, after school, on the weekends, at games/competitions, on our way to or from events, etc. Obviously we were all underage since we were in high school but there were definitely girls who drank and partied. They were just smart enough to be discreet about it. If 16 year old girls can figure that out, I don't know why 20-something girls can't.

I was the one who mentioned the morality clause for teachers. One of my best friends is an elementary school teacher and I know that she drinks alcohol, as do MANY of her coworkers. But they're just not dumb enough to get sloppy drunk in public or post pictures of drunken activity. They have happy hours in public places but don't get crazy drunk (ITA that there's a big difference between drinking and getting drunk). They also have parties at people's houses where they can get a little more tipsy, but they all know not to post photographic proof. Again, it's not rocket science. They know what the rules are and they know how to avoid getting in trouble.

2 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Gotcha, thanks! My father in law has the same requirements with his company? Our family went to our vacation home this past weekend, but he was unable to go. We were less than 1 hr away, but because it crossed state lines, he could not go without having to quarantine for 2 weeks or having 3 negative tests before he could return to work. Side note: we went to our vacation home, but never came in contact with another single person the whole weekend. We were as safe as we would have been at home...just before someone thinks we were careless. 😉 It’s on an isolated beach island and we took everything we needed. No stores, no restaurants, no contact. 

Mr. EB and I have been debating whether or not to go on a short vacation to his family's cabin, which is in a remote area. Normally when we go, we will see maybe five people from a distance in the space of a week (like someone hiking), but there is never anyone around for miles after Labor Day. If we go, we are going to drive up with a cooler of groceries (so we don't have to go to the store and be within six feet of anyone while we're there). Despite that, we still haven't decided whether or not to go because it's still unnecessary travel during a pandemic. I've already canceled a trip to LA (for a wedding which has been postponed due to COVID), a trip to visit my family, and a trip to Las Vegas. At this point, I'm just hoping that I can go home and see my mom and sisters for Christmas but even that is up in the air. As much as I want to see them, I'm not going to fly and potentially get them sick.

It just seems crazy to me that in the midst of all this, people are still having huge gatherings (like weddings) and traveling all over the place like it's no big deal. If the DCC have been told not to travel and they are flagrantly disobeying aka posting pictures of themselves at far off locations, they should be cut for breaking the rules. But we know that K&J only selectively enforce the rules so I'm pretty sure that nothing will come of this.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Cassie is a stay at home mommy now.  She didn't even finish college which I find ironic, considering to be a DCC you have to have a full time job or attend school, she had 5 years (as that is how long she was a DCC) to complete school, as she brags about on her DCC Brides episode.  Hell, I doubt she will ever go back and finish.  She also takes her kids to all Cowboys related things and makes sure that they get a photo with the squad every year. 🙄

She was raised to do one thing and one thing only, and she accomplished that.  She'll now spend the rest of her life living in the increasingly dimming glow of her years as a DCC (an honor she never deserved but only got because of who her mother is).  Let's hope her children are encouraged to educate themselves and do more with their time on this planet than she did.

Edited to add: And that's nothing against being a stay-at-home mom, which is a noble, incredibly difficult thing to do.  But it's one thing to choose to be a stay-at-home mom, and another thing altogether to do that because you aren't qualified to do anything else.  I think the highlight of her year is the squad photo day when she shows up with her spawn and forces the girls to stand around a bit longer so they can get some shots with her kids.  All the girls kiss her ass just to suck up to Judi.  You can tell she feels like a celebrity on those days.  Really sad. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

She was raised to do one thing, and she accomplished that.  She'll now spend the rest of her life living in the increasingly dimming glow of her years as a DCC (an honor she never deserved but only got because of who her mother is).  Let's hope her children are encouraged to educate themselves and do more with their time on this planet than she did.

That is sadly pathetic, IMO, that being a DCC is the bane of her existence and her only big accomplishment.  (Excluding her televised wedding and having kids.)  I am honestly surprised that CMT hasn't given her her own reality show.  I'll shut up now, I don't want to give CMT, K/J or no-lips mean girl Cassie any ideas!

• Love 1

Sounds like Cassie fulfilled the requirement of being a student or working while a DCC, and she’s since chosen to be a stay at home mom. It’s okay if that’s her dream and she’s living it. I’m all in for choosing to be what we want, and if it’s a SAHM or a rocket scientist or a social media influencer, whatevs. Choice and equal pay/opportunity is what matters most to me. Cassie showing up at every shoot is a family tradition started by Judy, so Judy would prob need to be the one to kill it. 

It’s been referenced in the show that the DCC need to be a student, have another job and/or be a mom - is that still the case these days? Seems like some DCC can run up to full time hours if they’re maxing out appearances, plus rehearsal time and DCC calls, etc. 

Rules could be all over the place for this season too. Some of the out of state candidates in particular might need help finding any type of employment. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, kalibean said:

It’s been referenced in the show that the DCC need to be a student, have another job and/or be a mom - is that still the case these days? Seems like some DCC can run up to full time hours if they’re maxing out appearances, plus rehearsal time and DCC calls, etc. 

Rules could be all over the place for this season too. Some of the out of state candidates in particular might need help finding any type of employment. 

Gal on here said she took class at Nicole B's studio.  Nicole said when she was a DCC, there was a lot required time wise and it seems to have gotten worse.  But I remember Milan saying on the podcast that they were upset with her for not being able to make an appearance.  If one gal can't make it, aren't there plenty of others who might be able to.

1 minute ago, lizbiz06 said:

optimized-mv5q.png

Oh gee, doesn't that look familiar!!!!  @AYTOfan

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

But I'm referring to alcohol being mentioned in the contract -- nothing to do with Holly other than we saw the contract in her office meeting.

I do believe Holly's problem was that she was underage, but like others have said, there's most likely also something in the contract about how you appear in public (and being very drunk probably not acceptable).

And I remember in earlier seasons, around Courtney Cook time (but not her) they would bounce girls from training camp for having lots of party and drunk photos on facebook. There was one girl in particular they were super harsh on, long black hair and eastern european background I think her name was Iyrana or something similar.

So it really shows how standards have fallen now

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jesiklyn said:

And I remember in earlier seasons, around Courtney Cook time (but not her) they would bounce girls from training camp for having lots of party and drunk photos on facebook. There was one girl in particular they were super harsh on, long black hair and eastern european background I think her name was Iyrana or something similar.

I think you are referring to Ika?

Miss "freaking Facebook" IIRC.

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I think you are referring to Ika?

Miss "freaking Facebook" IIRC.

Yes that was her. I knew it started with I and could picture her in my head with the big round eyes but couldn't remember her name.

10 minutes ago, CailynA said:

Um just positing a thought here, maybe the creator of the grid posts both here and on the FB group

I could see that but they are all being shared on diffrent groups by diffrent people 

3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I could see that but they are all being shared on diffrent groups by diffrent people 

good point, it could be that someone posting here and there shared it in one group and others took off with it, what it really tells me is how desperate people are for information, more of them need to be here 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CailynA said:

good point, it could be that someone posting here and there shared it in one group and others took off with it, what it really tells me is how desperate people are for information, more of them need to be here 

On one of the groups I’m on a lot of us are on here to 

Edited by Holly85
11 hours ago, Yetta said:

I have watched since the beginning of this show, and I remember the Cassie/Taylor incident.  I remember thinking, "gosh, what a B she is being", but I didn't know that there were forums to discuss it and I kind of forgot about it.  I would like to rewatch it now, with a new perspective.  I did a search in YT and didn't find anything for it.  Does anyone remember which season/episode it is in so I can search for it?  Thanks!

It’s in the “Kitty Carter suprises girls in important rehearsal”  clip on youtube 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It kind of cracks me up how much Primetimer discussion I see makes it to the FB groups. 

Why don't they just come here to post.  We don't bite. 😄

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It kind of cracks me up how much Primetimer discussion I see makes it to the FB groups. 

Lol 😂 nope we don’t 

• LOL 5

3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I saw some familiar names like a comment I made on a TikTok. I was like aw Hi Friends!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I'm in one that frequently copies posts from here to share over there lol

7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

aw but biting can be so much fun... ok I'll see myself out now lol, sorry stress from teaching in the age of 'rona has me getting punchy 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
Just now, CailynA said:

aw but biting can be so much fun... ok I'll see myself out now lol, sorry stress from teaching in the age of 'rona has me getting punchy 

Which group are you in ? 

15 minutes ago, CailynA said:

We have the virus and are currently in a level one evacuation due to the fires.  Just love 2020🙄

3 minutes ago, javajunkiee said:

The mods do though. FB is a little more forgiving, lol.

@BYTOR is a nonbiting mod 🙂 lol well as long as you don't insult Brennan and then I'd cheer her on so it's all good

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, CailynA said:

had to actually go look lol, DCC:MTT Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Opinion, I was in a few others but it was just too much of the same

Ooh that sounds good. I'm in the premier group and it's so repetitive and little to no room for general debate

2 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Ooh that sounds good. I'm in the premier group and it's so repetitive and little to no room for general debate

I’m sorry your in that group the admin is crazy lol

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, rl27rl said:

That is sadly pathetic, IMO, that being a DCC is the bane of her existence and her only big accomplishment.  (Excluding her televised wedding and having kids.)  I am honestly surprised that CMT hasn't given her her own reality show.  I'll shut up now, I don't want to give CMT, K/J or no-lips mean girl Cassie any ideas!

Seems like this is VKs trajectory as well.  Much like it was for TK...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, CailynA said:

had to actually go look lol, DCC:MTT Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Opinion, I was in a few others but it was just too much of the same

All the duplicate copying between that group and the shade one is nuts.  It's why I rarely visit,  I prefer here anyway.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, lizbiz06 said:

They posted the "squad photo" and it's just a collage of the girls pictures, not the actual squad photo.

Figures!  Exactly why I cannot stand Facebook groups.  Bunch of old heads in there that don't know what they are talking about and its the same questions over and over 🤪  🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

To those of y'all asking about the scene where Cassie calls out Taylor in training camp, the episode is airing on Pluto 20 minutes from now, although I can't remember if Kitty comes to rehearsal at the beginning or end of the episode.

Oh, and Miss "Freakin' Facebook" Ika is getting cut within the next couple of minutes.

Edited by DCCFan2021
Watching the episode and remembered something
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

And this is the original reason for the no-frat rule. Jerry wanted the DCC for him & his friends & Suzanne Mitchell said, "no way."

The no frat rule existed waaaay before Jerry bought the team in 1989.  Suzanne Mitchell left along with Tex Schramm so she was never director under the Jones family.  Kelli was the one who explained the DCC rules and history to Jerry so he didn't make them wear skimpier outfits and do beer commercials like he wanted them to.  The irony is that years later the rhythm & blue were created and sponsored by Miller Lite.

• Useful 4