Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I miss their old website - blogs, behind the scenes info, halftime videos for Christmas and BCA, pictures, meet the girls, etc.  For example:

I miss the old website too! I wish they would post more articles and show the full solos. 

• Love 9

Kind of off topic, but looking at that video of Emma made me realize something: in the past 10 years, basically every single redhead has either been fabulous, weak (at least in most people's eyes), or had a major story.

2011: Emma - fabulous dancer (who didn't get enough air time!)

2012: No new redheads

2013: Rachel - tore her ACL the year before and had to withdraw; Courtney - veteran cut the following year

2014: Breelan - weak dancer, veteran cut the next year

2015: Holly - fabulous dancer, 2017 DRAMA; Stephanie - basically the only one not in one of these categories

2016: No new redheads (unless you count Milan, who went red briefly in TC, in which case she quit the team partway through the next year)

2017: Savannah - weak dancer

2018: Jalyn - fabulous dancer, drama of not making SG her second (or third) year; Hannah - fabulous dancer, veteran cut this year

2019: No new redheads

I wonder if any of the new 2020 rookies will go red/continue the trend????

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Kind of off topic, but looking at that video of Emma made me realize something: in the past 10 years, basically every single redhead has either been fabulous, weak (at least in most people's eyes), or had a major story.

2013: Rachel - tore her ACL the year before and had to withdraw; Courtney - veteran cut the following year

2015: Holly - fabulous dancer, 2017 DRAMA; Stephanie - basically the only one not in one of these categories

2016: No new redheads (unless you count Milan, who went red briefly in TC, in which case she quit the team partway through the next year)

2018: Jalyn - fabulous dancer, drama of not making SG her second (or third) year; Hannah - fabulous dancer, veteran cut this year

Speaking of redheads, what was Erica Jenkins like? Her photos popped up lately and she looked gorgeous and it seems she had a successful performing career after dcc. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Aren't there potentially a couple of redheads in this years rookie class?

58 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Aren't there potentially a couple of redheads in this years rookie class?

None of the ones who have 'made' the team are redheads unless they're posting old photos. Alora Rose and Claire W are the closest to red now and I feel like they'd probably be the only ones who could pull it off... thoughts?

18 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Have they ever "officially" announced the team or taken the squad photo for 2020??

No they haven't. They have taken down all of the dcc takeover highlights from lockdown on the instagram though, so maybe there getting ready to.

Edited by BulaKitty
  • Useful 5
18 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

No they haven't. They have taken down all of the dcc takeover highlights from lockdown on the instagram though, so maybe there getting ready to.

Thanks.  I'm absolutely ready for 2020 to be OVER.....especially after tonight (had a flat tire on my "new" used car 😞 )

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

Won’t that also be because they featured girls they cut and was getting negative comments and people calling them out over the vet cuts? 

however I noticed VK reshared a video the other day of people taking a tour of the locker room as they were at her locker surely they’re getting ready to update the locker room with the game tonight?

4 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Won’t that also be because they featured girls they cut and was getting negative comments and people calling them out over the vet cuts? 

however I noticed VK reshared a video the other day of people taking a tour of the locker room as they were at her locker surely they’re getting ready to update the locker room with the game tonight?

Maybe. I just thought it might be an indicator because those highlights were definitely all there a couple of days ago. I would have thought if it was just because of negative comments they would have removed them much sooner.

13 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Do they actually still do this dance, I really liked it

I love Handclap. I find their quarter change dances so much better than Thunder, probably because they're not choreographed by Judy mostly (Kashara, Jenn C, Jenn A, Michelle Keyes). Sorry, but Judy's choreo is pretty limp. 

I like the level changes that other choreographers do and new moves, instead of the same old stuff. 

I'd love to see more videos of full dances so I can teach myself them!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I love Handclap. I find their quarter change dances so much better than Thunder, probably because they're not choreographed by Judy mostly (Kashara, Jenn C, Jenn A, Michelle Keyes). Sorry, but Judy's choreo is pretty limp. 

I like the level changes that other choreographers do and new moves, instead of the same old stuff. 

This! I have a little collection on my youtube and facebook of the rare times someone will post a full dance so I can learn it

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Holly P!  Wooo! 

My eyes always get drawn to Danielle, then again I am biased as she is my fave Dcc 😂

3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I like Thundershock as intro as it is a tradition.

I hope that Jenn K and Michelle will take over the positions of Kelli and Judy when they retire

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

A few years ago, they used to post most of the quarter changes and plaza performances on Twitter and Instagram, so that’s probably the nest place to find them assuming the posts are still up. However, I don’t remember them posting as many performances last year.

I like that Hand Clap routine, and that was a great group with Holly, Lacey, and Danielle. Speaking of that routine, is that routine (Hand Clap) and the one posted below the only 2 that Michelle Keys choreographed? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

If Marshall hadn't listed who this was, I wouldn't have known.  I don't even recognize Maddie.  👀

marshallhatley_2397242964721446629_252814450.jpg

8 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Me too, but mainly just to see how she and VK would have interacted.  I suspect VK would have been intimidated by her like crazy and would have tried to get her kicked off the team.

I hate that grind motion. 

Did Michelle or Denise Ducherry choreographic Power/Lil Mix song? 

Also maddies hair looks really good there. I will always think she is not DCC material looks or dance wise, and I hate it when they straighten curls but she looks 10000x better. Little bit of botox and a mask will do wonders. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think the choreo is a bit basic for that one, but I absolutely love Danielle.  Those were the days . . .

Danielle will forever be my FAVE! I try not to comment too much on her posts (don't want her to think i'm stalking her) but she ALWAYS answers me and has since her rookie year. She seems like the most approachable, girl next door... :-)

• Love 16

If Marshall hadn't listed who this was, I wouldn't have known.  I don't even recognize Maddie.  👀

Would've walked right by Maddie on the street if I saw her like this. She looks as good as she can here. I wonder if they're going to keep her hair straight this season, possibly trying to glam/mature her up??? 

• Love 7

Every time I've watched this, my eyes always go straight to Holly.  Girl could definitely dance. 

I really wish things had turned out differently and she had remained a few more years.

Despite all the drama, she's probably my favourite performance wise. There's just something so magnetic about her performance. Like Kitty always said, she knows how to sell it! 

I would've loved to have seen her at point but she would've outperformed pretty everyone. Holly P, Melissa Wallace and Megan C is my dream triangle from recent years. 

• Love 18
14 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Speaking of redheads, what was Erica Jenkins like? Her photos popped up lately and she looked gorgeous and it seems she had a successful performing career after dcc. 

Strong - made show group as a rookie. Had some issues with weight and attitude as shown on the episodes, but all seemed to have ended happily enough.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Would've walked right by Maddie on the street if I saw her like this. She looks as good as she can here. I wonder if they're going to keep her hair straight this season, possibly trying to glam/mature her up??? 

Marshall said on Facebook that they lightened it slightly, and blew it out as a treat for the weekend 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Propably a unpopular opinion but she looks way better with this hairstyle, it covers her sides of her face more (if that makes sense in slightest lol)

1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I think she looks more mature so it definetily works for me

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

A few years ago, they used to post most of the quarter changes and plaza performances on Twitter and Instagram, so that’s probably the nest place to find them assuming the posts are still up. However, I don’t remember them posting as many performances last year.

I like that Hand Clap routine, and that was a great group with Holly, Lacey, and Danielle. Speaking of that routine, is that routine (Hand Clap) and the one posted below the only 2 that Michelle Keys choreographed? 

Always forget how great of a dancer Jenna was. Her DCC style is amazing

• Love 18
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Danielle will forever be my FAVE! I try not to comment too much on her posts (don't want her to think i'm stalking her) but she ALWAYS answers me and has since her rookie year. She seems like the most approachable, girl next door... 🙂

She is the defitinion of Girl next door DCC for me. 

I hope to see a DCC performance at her wedding like at Jordans wedding 😂

• Love 8
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Every time I've watched this, my eyes always go straight to Holly.  Girl could definitely dance. 

I really wish things had turned out differently and she had remained a few more years.

3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Danielle will forever be my FAVE! I try not to comment too much on her posts (don't want her to think i'm stalking her) but she ALWAYS answers me and has since her rookie year. She seems like the most approachable, girl next door... 🙂

1 hour ago, AYTOfan said:

Always forget how great of a dancer Jenna was. Her DCC style is amazing

Agree with all of these sentiments. I find it a bit sad to watch videos from just a few years ago. The DCCs have not recovered from that 2 year span when they lost Melissa, Amy T, Megan C, Jenn K, Jenna, Danielle, Holly, Erica, Maggie, Mandy, Cersten, etc. Other than Kash, Lacey, and Gina, those departures encompassed ALL of the best performers on the team, and or fan favorites like Danielle and Jinelle. The rookie group of Alexis/Lexie came nowhere close to replacing what was lost, and while the rookie class of Bridget/ Hannah/Ashlee was great, the DCCs have been more interested in featuring VK, Maddie, Amy, and Tess than the ones who actually have star potential. 

Im hoping, but probably in vain, that this year’s rookies will bring some power and sass, and that the 3 year girls will finally get their due. It’s unfortunate that Hannah and Bridget are gone because both were special performers, IMO.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 23

Today won’t be the only day Caroline, Tess, Daphne, and Kat watch the Cowboys from home. They have been benched from next weeks home game as punishment for their rule breaking. Tess and Caroline are first and second leaders this year so what does this say about Judy and Kellis decision making. Kat must be Mr Jones love child with as many times as she has broken rules and remained on the team. 

Edited by lemonbus230
  • Useful 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Today won’t be the only day Caroline, Tess, Daphne, and Kat watch the Cowboys from home. Tess and Caroline are first and second leaders this year so what does this say about Judy and Kellis decision making. Kat must be Mr Jones love child with as many times as she has broken rules and remained on the team. 

Who are the other leaders and what do you mean abt sitting at home watching the games 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3

Imagine having your head so far up your own butt that your birthday wish photo for your ‘sister’ is  super blurry but it’s the only one you can upload that has you in it ... Seriously Seabiscuit Amber is stunning. You couldn’t find ONE nice photo of her to post? 

1DD721F3-32ED-473A-8A8E-6D94D16BFF1D.jpeg

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

Today won’t be the only day Caroline, Tess, Daphne, and Kat watch the Cowboys from home. Tess and Caroline are first and second leaders this year so what does this say about Judy and Kellis decision making. Kat must be Mr Jones love child with as many times as she has broken rules and remained on the team. 

Wait when did Caroline become 2nd group leader?

And wow if that’s a new position it may just be the shortest leader tenure ever. Then again maybe not ... 🤷‍♂️

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The not so subtle art of being an attention whore. Happy birthday to my friend but look at MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

That is truly sad.

Sure seems like Vic's only BFF is Lisa who is sucking up and not really a true friend.  Wow.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lona said:

Wait when did Caroline become 2nd group leader?

And wow if that’s a new position it may just be the shortest leader tenure ever. Then again maybe not ... 🤷‍♂️

They have always had 2nd leaders !! 

3 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Today won’t be the only day Caroline, Tess, Daphne, and Kat watch the Cowboys from home. They have been benched from next weeks home game as punishment for their rule breaking. Tess and Caroline are first and second leaders this year so what does this say about Judy and Kellis decision making. Kat must be Mr Jones love child with as many times as she has broken rules and remained on the team. 

Hmmmm . . . maybe I'm just dense but weren't these the four girls who were rumored to have been out drinking at Lake of the Ozarks recently?  Maybe that's why they're sitting out?

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2