Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

to worry about what the girls are doing

Oh that Monica Aldama coach would be in their business in 2 seconds.  I know times are different now, but one thing my mama told me "don't you dare do anything to embarrass your name" and we were poor as church mice.  We were always held accountable and I suppose now it would be called ridiculous.

I really liked Cheer on Netflix.  So hard to believe they got paid nothing for that. Hope it changes if there is a second year.   Now that the dude who hosted DWTS is gone, I want to see what happens this year.  For some reason I got really tired of him hosting.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

Although, Jenna was held responsible for not stopping Holly P. from underage drinking (and fraternizing) in a club. (and yes, Jenna was with Holly in the club at the time.) Were all the gals at the lake older than 21? I think Kelli would hold Tess responsible if the gals were recognizable and very drunk in public IF the word got around or it showed up on one of their social media accounts.

The difference is that their contracts say you aren't allowed to fraternize with players. Nothing in their contract likely say you aren't allowed to drink. (Except maybe underage drinking but that is a law on its own already). It feels like Tess is the next in line to get dragged and for no reason and that kinda bothers me

• Love 6

I have watched since the beginning of this show, and I remember the Cassie/Taylor incident.  I remember thinking, "gosh, what a B she is being", but I didn't know that there were forums to discuss it and I kind of forgot about it.  I would like to rewatch it now, with a new perspective.  I did a search in YT and didn't find anything for it.  Does anyone remember which season/episode it is in so I can search for it?  Thanks!

• Love 3

I think probably a number of the girls feel like Kinzie of Dance Moms who was with friends sans masks etc. She said“ I literally can’t stop seeing my friends indefinitely!”  Someone called her our saying what do you think the rest of us are doing? and saying there a little thing called a pandemic.

Edited by cherryblossom
Spelling error
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, go4luca said:

I can.  They are grown women who should know better.  The fact one is a GL who is supposed to step up and be a leader shows me she doesn't give a flying rat's ass.  But Carolyn is the true shocker.  I thought she had it more together.  My bad for thinking so.

I don't know if i'm happy or mad at Caroline. I'm kind of happy that she's not the prissy, yes ma'am girl she portrays out drunk on a lake in the middle of a pandemic but then i'm mad because I thought she was smart enough not to be so blatantly rebellious...

I'm also surprised they have Kat with them. I feel like there is more to that friendship then four girls just going away for the holiday weekend...

• Useful 5
5 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I don't know if i'm happy or mad at Caroline. I'm kind of happy that she's not the prissy, yes ma'am girl she portrays out drunk on a lake in the middle of a pandemic but then i'm mad because I thought she was smart enough not to be so blatantly rebellious...

I'm also surprised they have Kat with them. I feel like there is more to that friendship then four girls just going away for the holiday weekend...

Could they be the golden children that Kat will take down with her if she is cut !! But Kat did hang out with tess Gina Alexis last year 

Edited by Holly85
Added something
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thank you.  I never bought the DCC America's sweetheart's crap either. 

You nailed it with discretion and responsible adulting.  It really isn't that complicated.

Think about it though, these girls thrive on attention being a DCC in the Dallas area is sort of celebrity-ish. As far as discretion hahahaha i'm surprised they don't post bathroom pix on instagram they post everything else. But that is not unique to DCC that is their whole generation. 

I laughed at whoever said Kelli uses the girls as a backdrop for her own fame, nailed that...

• Love 3
18 hours ago, CailynA said:

But honestly if K & J told them not to do things like this they should be fired

This.  It doesn't matter what anyone's personal feelings are about COVID, they went against a direct order.  If they wanted to go against that order and/or never want to take orders from Kelli, then they shouldn't be with this organization.

• Love 15

If the Ozark thing is true, and that's still an if in my mind, it's not good optics.  These women are public figures now as a result of the show.  With that comes a different expectation, fairly or unfairly.  I will admit that is easy for me to say considering I haven't been doing the greatest social distancing in the world during all this, but I also live in a county that has had 8 total cases since March, which is a much different environment than Dallas or other larger populated areas.  

In their defense, I will say that Cowboys leadership hasn't exactly been establishing a pandemic conscious attitude.  Jerry is fighting to have the stadium as full as possible for games, while Charlotte, Kelli, and Judy held training camp tryouts at the height of all this.  The organization is clearly sending the message that COVID isn't anything to be concerned about.  That should be enough to keep the cheerleaders out of trouble, but they also have to be smart enough to realize that people like Jerry and Charlotte live in a world where they believe rules don't apply to them.  It's not fair to the cheerleaders, and shows the massive leadership void that has plagued the entire Cowboys organization for the past 25 years, but it's unfortunately a reality that 20 year old women are expected to rise above mature adults.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Remember that Tess is a group leader when if comes to DCC training and performances. She isn't the leader of their personal lifes lol

That doesn't match up with what they were upset with Jenna about though.  Also a group leader.  See post below.  Tess should not have been a part of this.  Or encouraged it if she did.  Just my opinion.  🤷‍♀️

10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This.  It doesn't matter what anyone's personal feelings are about COVID, they went against a direct order.  If they wanted to go against that order and/or never want to take orders from Kelli, then they shouldn't be with this organization.

Exactly.

As someone posted earlier, the number of Covid cases are rising in the younger age groups.  18-29 being next to the highest in many areas.  I truly hope the girls plan on quarantining upon their return.  Something tells me they don't.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I so want to speculate on that last sentence. Would not shock me at all. Going to do some digging. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Mostly I just hang out at home. I'm teaching myself ballet, getting very good on pointe, I can finally do turns! YAY!!!!

Dance teacher for 20+ years here... Yay for learning ballet! But please don’t go en pointe, especially if you are teaching yourself! Way too many risks for permanent injury/damage if you go en pointe early, or if your technique isn’t correct (which is a high probability if you don’t have a qualified teacher giving you corrections). Please don’t do that to yourself!

On topic - I think the girls going to the lake was stupid and irresponsible...they have the mindset of “it won’t happen to me” like so many their age, so it doesn’t really surprise me. But it’s been said they were explicitly told not to travel. Is it possible that they were only told this for the time surrounding training camp/the bubble? How do we know they were told this indefinitely? Not disagreeing that they shouldn’t do it, it’s not a great example for them to set, they are careless, etc. but are we certain that their job told them travel was forbidden for the foreseeable future?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

The difference is that their contracts say you aren't allowed to fraternize with players. Nothing in their contract likely say you aren't allowed to drink. (Except maybe underage drinking but that is a law on its own already). It feels like Tess is the next in line to get dragged and for no reason and that kinda bothers me

Oh I'd lay odds there's something of a morality clause in their contract, something about behavior, they have to always appear in public in full DCC glam look even when not at a DCC event so I'm sure they're not supposed to be seen drunk, and yes drinking and drunk are two different things. Someone above mentioned the morality clause in a teacher's contract. I know as a teacher I was once told that we could be written up if there was a picture taken of us that we weren't even aware of that showed us in a bad light like drinking. From my student teaching, back in the dark ages of the late 90s lol, we were told going to happy hour with colleagues was ok but as it was usually on Friday to change out of our school shirts first. I can't imagine there isn't some similar conversation with the DCC. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

... But it’s been said they were explicitly told not to travel. Is it possible that they were only told this for the time surrounding training camp/the bubble? How do we know they were told this indefinitely?

Yes. It was brought up a few pages back, along with the "you're not on the team.yet, but think about moving to Dallas" b.s.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think Kat invited herself. Lol.

so does Cassie have a job for DCC now? Why is she even there and around the girls to tell on them for stuff like at the team photo. Seems like somebody mentioned that happened this year but I can’t remember the details. She looks a lot different now than she did at 18. Like a completely different person. 

I liked the edginess off the TCC she called out in rehearsal a few seasons ago. I was disappointed she didn’t try out again. Kelli and Judy were just jealous of the Fritos and Cookie dough she snacked on. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Have any of these ladies posted pics of their lake trip? Or did they just happen to be seen by someone who happens to post here?  I’m also curious what the roommate situation might be.

Is it best to not travel several hours away on a holiday weekend? Yes.  Best case scenario here is that Caroline’s family has a lake house, and Caroline took her roommates home with her for the weekend. If they have their own boat, and aren’t parked at the party coves, likely less of an issue. If they’re boat hopping amongst the hoards of others, that’s a much bigger problem.  

I do think there’s a very large public perception that outside=okay even without masks if personal space is minded.  So the party bars at the lake would be out of the question, but partying with family and roommates on your own boat on your own dock? Probably easily justified in their heads, especially when the Missouri government has been funding and heavily encouraging outdoor tourism. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I recall when Chelsea was cut during TCC, one of the things Kelli referenced when communicating her displeasure was Chelsea "going out drinking."  Chelsea replied with "well maybe a glass of wine" and Kelli rolled her eyes.  Fast forward a few years and now public drunkenness on the lake is a-okay!

Can't believe the Cowboys organization is allowing the team to be run this way.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, sugarplum said:

But it’s been said they were explicitly told not to travel. Is it possible that they were only told this for the time surrounding training camp/the bubble? How do we know they were told this indefinitely? Not disagreeing that they shouldn’t do it, it’s not a great example for them to set, they are careless, etc. but are we certain that their job told them travel was forbidden for the foreseeable future?

I have a mutual friend who works in a different capacity for the cowboys, and it is a cowboys rule for all cowboys employees that quarantine for 7-14 days is a must if you leave the dallas ft worth area during the season. This isn’t just a dcc rule. It’s a cowboys rule. From the players to the marketing team. It actually may be an nfl rule. Not sure. Regardless, if Judy and Kelli don’t require them to quarantine then we know they really think they are above everyone else trying to stay safe.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Kelli put Chelsea on the team bc she thought she looked like Sam and was built like herself at that age and bc Chelsea piled on the 🐂💩 and kelli ate it up with a spoon then realized she’d been played and lost interest fast. Kelli got what she deserved with crazy Chelsea. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I recall when Chelsea was cut during TCC, one of the things Kelli referenced when communicating her displeasure was Chelsea "going out drinking."  Chelsea replied with "well maybe a glass of wine" and Kelli rolled her eyes.  Fast forward a few years and now public drunkenness on the lake is a-okay!

She rolled her eyes at Veronica during the My Fit Foods segment as well, but now Kelli is all excited cause she can pour a whole bottle of wine in her yeti cup for when she walks the dog.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, javajunkiee said:

Yes. It was brought up a few pages back, along with the "you're not on the team.yet, but think about moving to Dallas" b.s.

Thanks! I totally missed it!

40 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

I have a mutual friend who works in a different capacity for the cowboys, and it is a cowboys rule for all cowboys employees that quarantine for 7-14 days is a must if you leave the dallas ft worth area during the season. This isn’t just a dcc rule. It’s a cowboys rule. From the players to the marketing team. It actually may be an nfl rule. Not sure. Regardless, if Judy and Kelli don’t require them to quarantine then we know they really think they are above everyone else trying to stay safe.

Gotcha, thanks! My father in law has the same requirements with his company? Our family went to our vacation home this past weekend, but he was unable to go. We were less than 1 hr away, but because it crossed state lines, he could not go without having to quarantine for 2 weeks or having 3 negative tests before he could return to work. Side note: we went to our vacation home, but never came in contact with another single person the whole weekend. We were as safe as we would have been at home...just before someone thinks we were careless. 😉 It’s on an isolated beach island and we took everything we needed. No stores, no restaurants, no contact. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Thanks! I totally missed it!

Gotcha, thanks! My father in law has the same requirements with his company? Our family went to our vacation home this past weekend, but he was unable to go. We were less than 1 hr away, but because it crossed state lines, he could not go without having to quarantine for 2 weeks or having 3 negative tests before he could return to work. Side note: we went to our vacation home, but never came in contact with another single person the whole weekend. We were as safe as we would have been at home...just before someone thinks we were careless. 😉 It’s on an isolated beach island and we took everything we needed. No stores, no restaurants, no contact. 

Did you have a great time relaxing 

Just now, Holly85 said:

Did you have a great time relaxing 

We did. The change of scenery was much needed, for my daughter especially. We haven’t left the house much at all since March...and have taken her out even less (she’s 4). Not sure I really relaxed though. Still had to clean up after kids (and the biggest kid I’ve got, my husband), still had to cook, etc. lol. I’ll be glad for a real vacation again as soon as life gets back to normal. 🤪

• Love 7
1 minute ago, sugarplum said:

We did. The change of scenery was much needed, for my daughter especially. We haven’t left the house much at all since March...and have taken her out even less (she’s 4). Not sure I really relaxed though. Still had to clean up after kids (and the biggest kid I’ve got, my husband), still had to cook, etc. lol. I’ll be glad for a real vacation again as soon as life gets back to normal. 🤪

Yes I’m waiting for a real vacation as well I’ve had fun tho kind of just doing lots and lots of research on where I want to go so when the time comes I’ll know exactly where I want to go lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

But there is something about alcohol in their contracts (I don't remember what it says, but I remember it's there because of the big discussion here about it being misspelled in the contract when Kelli pulled out the contract when cofronting Holly). 

Anyone remember what it said?

1 minute ago, hannahbanana said:

But there is something about alcohol in their contracts (I don't remember what it says, but I remember it's there because of the big discussion here about it being misspelled in the contract when Kelli pulled out the contract when cofronting Holly). 

I think the issue about Holly drinking is because she was underage... 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

When we were little, my mom said she wasn't going camping with us anymore because she was only there to cook, clean, etc. 😄

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I always thought this was a prime example of Kellis petty and nastiness. The girl who got tackled didnt ask for it and it wasnt really her fault, it's hard to get out of the way when someone is suddenly charging full speed at you. But because it made national headlines it was all the girls fault rather than just a freak unfortunate accident

I work as an athletic trainer at a high school, and have been run over on the sidelines at a football game more than once, they were accidents.  Too bad she doesn't stand up for the girls.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I don’t remember what it said, but there is definitely something in the contract about alcohol. Regardless, the odds that there is nothing in the contract that prohibits drunkenness in public is zero. Even if it’s just a simple clause about good behavior or morals, I’m sure there is *something* in there that they could latch on to if they want to. 

“If they want to” is the key phrase though. If there is anything consistent about the rules, it’s that they are enforced inconsistently and selectively. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, meb1130 said:

I work as an athletic trainer at a high school, and have been run over on the sidelines at a football game more than once, they were accidents.  Too bad she doesn't stand up for the girls.   

I think we keep forgetting that this is pro sports and a business, not high school/college where title 9 and fairness and equality apply. Don’t appear to tarnish the Cowboys brand. Cheerleaders are nothing compared to the actual team. 

17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

“If they want to” is the key phrase though. If there is anything consistent about the rules, it’s that they are enforced inconsistently and selectively. 

Ding ding ding. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, TB12 said:

IMO that was an issue, plus you layer in that Holly lied to Kelli’s face about it, on camera no less, and was a snot once she got caught. You can only lie to Kelli if she considers you to be family. Lol. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I saw in one of the Facebook groups that someone said that they have a copy of the 2020-2021 Squad photo.  They said they would DM them the photo if people wanted because they didn't want to spoil it for some.  I didn't request a copy.  Just wanted to know if any insiders know if the team is official yet?  I don't believe everything I read in Facebook groups.  I actually find them pretty annoying lol

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I saw in one of the Facebook groups that someone said that they have a copy of the 2020-2021 Squad photo.  They said they would DM them the photo if people wanted because they didn't want to spoil it for some.  I didn't request a copy.  Just wanted to know if any insiders know if the team is official yet?  I don't believe everything I read in Facebook groups.  I actually find them pretty annoying lol

Aww, you should ask for a copy just to see if it's legit.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

Haha, funny you say this. Am actually on the fence of joining one of those groups. I’m sure I’d get annoyed pretty fast, but wanted to know what other DCC communities are like lol. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I always thought this was a prime example of Kellis petty and nastiness. The girl who got tackled didnt ask for it and it wasnt really her fault, it's hard to get out of the way when someone is suddenly charging full speed at you. But because it made national headlines it was all the girls fault rather than just a freak unfortunate accident

42 minutes ago, meb1130 said:

The problem wasn't that she got tackled, but the twitter exchange after -- Kelli didn't like that & made her an example at the next year's social media training.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, TB12 said:

14 minutes ago, kalibean said:

IMO that was an issue, plus you layer in that Holly lied to Kelli’s face about it, on camera no less, and was a snot once she got caught. You can only lie to Kelli if she considers you to be family. Lol. 

But I'm referring to alcohol being mentioned in the contract -- nothing to do with Holly other than we saw the contract in her office meeting.

I do believe Holly's problem was that she was underage, but like others have said, there's most likely also something in the contract about how you appear in public (and being very drunk probably not acceptable).

16 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Can you tell me what group and I’ll ask them 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

But I'm referring to alcohol being mentioned in the contract -- nothing to do with Holly other than we saw the contract in her office meeting.

I do believe Holly's problem was that she was underage, but like others have said, there's most likely also something in the contract about how you appear in public (and being very drunk probably not acceptable).

Question on the alcohol portion of the contract.  Does anyone know the actual parameters?  Like Erica.  She was posting photos of herself at the HoF game drinking and that's why she was cut?  So was it because it was taken at the game, she left the locker room or both?

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Question on the alcohol portion of the contract.  Does anyone know the actual parameters?  Like Erica.  She was posting photos of herself at the HoF game drinking and that's why she was cut?  So was it because it was taken at the game, she left the locker room or both?

That was my question -- I tried to go back and find the screenshot to see if I could read what it said. I found the conversations about the misspelling but never came across the actual screenshot (probably didn't look long enough 😉).

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Erica didn’t just have a beer in public. She was on the job. Drinking on the job. That is a liability. She was told to stay in the locker room but instead she put on street clothes and went to the stands and had a beer then was dumb enough to post it thus broadcasting to the entire world her actions. 
Erica left the locker room and drank on the job. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

I do think there’s a very large public perception that outside=okay even without masks if personal space is minded.  So the party bars at the lake would be out of the question, but partying with family and roommates on your own boat on your own dock? Probably easily justified in their heads, especially when the Missouri government has been funding and heavily encouraging outdoor tourism. 

oh so true, we had to push back our school start dates as of this year due to tourism, specifically for places like Lake of the Ozarks. We're not allowed to start any earlier than 2 weeks before Labor Day, which means we go later in the year, you know after Memorial Day when tourism is big too so they basically cut time off the beginning of the summer season to add it to the end of the summer season, but you know when is government logical?

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

"Director has the right to make this shit up as she goes along" 🙂 

oh there is certainly some legalese version of that in there

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Hahahaha exactly about the lying to Kelli if you're family! Holly definitely was a snot about it when she realized she was caught. I think her whole issue was she knew she was a spectacular dancer and probably thought she was untouchable which if she didn't resign she was untouchable bc Kelli let her skate on her fraternizing/drinking/lying... 

Edited by TB12
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Kelli didn't seem to mind lying when VK lied about 1) a medical condition and 2) going to the doctor for an appointment that her employer arranged for her so as to have the fake medical condition treated.

"Family"

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Kelli didn't seem to mind lying when VK lied about 1) a medical condition and 2) going to the doctor for an appointment that her employer arranged for her so as to have the fake medical condition treated.

But “she doesn’t want to accuse anyone of dishonesty”!!

1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

They posted the "squad photo" and it's just a collage of the girls pictures, not the actual squad photo.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

so does Cassie have a job for DCC now? Why is she even there and around the girls to tell on them for stuff like at the team photo. Seems like somebody mentioned that happened this year but I can’t remember the details. She looks a lot different now than she did at 18. Like a completely different person.

Cassie is a stay at home mommy now.  She didn't even finish college which I find ironic, considering to be a DCC you have to have a full time job or attend school, she had 5 years (as that is how long she was a DCC) to complete school, as she brags about on her DCC Brides episode.  Hell, I doubt she will ever go back and finish.  She also takes her kids to all Cowboys related things and makes sure that they get a photo with the squad every year. 🙄

• Love 1