Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I think it was Whitney?  I don't remember Ashton being point but I could be wrong.

I googled to see if I could find a performance and this is interesting, it looks like there wasn't a "point" (at least in this performance), Ashton and Whitney were both in front.  I loved Ashton, she was such a cute and dynamic dancer!

Also, I was looking at the squad photo and look how far up they put Sasha Agent in her second year! ❤️ I had such a girl-crush on her, she was such a good dancer and so likeable!  https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/DCC-2010s 

I saw that video too with Ashton and Whitney both in front, very interesting and that made me confused about who was point. I thought at first that someone became ill and couldn't perform so Whitney and Ashton "shared" point

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Wonder about squad photo this year,,,  who will be up front, or will any be moved back?  Please, no vacant smiles in the front!  {Rachel W)

Rachel W was in the front in 2019 so she will/would definetily be in the front this season. Like Alexis in 2018 and 2019

• Love 3
12 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

While I'd love for this to be true, the fact that VK was the one chosen to take Gina's spot in Thunder makes me think otherwise. But if we're talking plainly, I think that VK has several things to work on before getting close to point. Dancing is definitely one. Makeup: get rid of the spider lashes, lighten up the under-eye liner, and use a more neutral lipstick. Hair: run a brush through it and smooth it out before curling, then don't backcomb and tease quite as much. She also needs to watch her figure and focus on a softer smile. Side note: even during her cameos (can't remember if it was season 13 or 14), Kelli made a point of saying that her "soft smile was pretty." So even she sees that VK's wide smile isn't very photogenic.

Yeah. While you can photoshop a picture to make her look good or, you can catch her at just the right angle, overall she’s got a look that’s hard on the eyes. And you’re right, whoever taught her to do her makeup should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm not a pageant glam fan.  I much more prefer a pretty, approachable lady who's got great dance technique and personality.  Like Bridget.

Same! I am so glad Bridget left with grace instead of staying and passing out again, going too far with procedures, etc. but damn wish she’d been point. 

• Love 21
20 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I was just going to say this. The girls are already getting cheated, just like everyone else, because of the circumstances surrounding this year. The show not airing won’t affect their experience. Some of the veterans may even decide things are easier without the cameras. 

I do hope the show airs. I am still a fan. I have enjoyed this forum because it has enhanced my knowledge of the team and process, which has made the show even more enjoyable. I think for all the negative stuff I read about here, there are many more positive things going on. 

Great post.  Took the words outta my mouth. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I might be in the minority, but I really like it with two up front.

I liked it too, especially seeing Ashton as one of the 2, I wish she stayed longer and becoming point her 5th season

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I'm not a pageant glam fan.  I much more prefer a pretty, approachable lady who's got great dance technique and personality.  Like Bridget.

I think I worded my post wrong, I should have used the term "eyecatcher" instead of glamour as eyecatcher is wider too see. My personal favourite DCC is Danielle and would have loved to see her as point (even tho she wasn't the strongest dancer). I found her eyecatching. (Beautiful and naturel)

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

I think I worded my post wrong, I should have used the term "eyecatcher" instead of glamour as eyecatcher is wider too see. My personal favourite DCC is Danielle and would have loved to see her as point (even tho she wasn't the strongest dancer). I found her eyecatching. (Beautiful and naturel)

Danielle was indeed very pretty.  She looked great on the opening video played on the jumbo screen.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Rachel W is just stunningly beautiful.  DCC is fortunate to have her I think.

I disagree. Her intolerant homophobic views hurt the organization.  

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

I’m sure that’s true for many, but for those who find her views repugnant, it undermines the integrity of the organization that they’d use her as an ambassador for the brand. 

I agree. I loved her and miss her!

I miss so many of that rookie class honestly. Danielle, Kinzie, Jacie, Jordan, Jennifer Colvin, Jenna, Jessica, Kelsey B, even Jasmine who seemed a very good teammate

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I’m sure that’s true for many, but for those who find her views repugnant, it undermines the integrity of the organization that they’d use her as an ambassador for the brand. 

I agree. I loved her and miss her!

Can someone help Lisa find her neck? She looks like an evil hobbit. 

Yeesh! Lol that's not a good pic. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Sydney’s boo got cut from the team !! He didn’t make the final 53 man roster 

Well, THAT'S got to be awkward, especially since she left the Falcons for him and without a commitment from him.  I wonder if she'll follow him should he go somewhere else.  I wonder how Sydney quitting the squad will play with Kelli and Charlotte should she "follow him wherever he may go" (and yes, I sang that phrase as I typed it).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

I miss so many of that rookie class honestly. Danielle, Kinzie, Jacie, Jordan, Jennifer Colvin, Jenna, Jessica, Kelsey B, even Jasmine who seemed a very good teammate

Agree!  That was the "golden age" of MTT -- before it became all about BS reality show drama.

Actually, I think Chelsea's surprise cut was the first example of reality BS.  However, she was also a poor dancer who I thought should never have made it to begin with (she also seemed like a Marissa -- someone who is all about the attention). But the way in which she was cut seemed orchestrated to enhance the drama of it all.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Actually, I think Chelsea's surprise cut was the first example of reality BS.  

You don't think she deserved to be cut for her "explosion in the locker room"?  Notice that she's the only one mouthing off and all the rest of the vets that were called in were seen crying.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

That was a good group!  I liked the rookie class right before that, too (I'm watching it on Pluto now).  Holly Arielle (who would go on to be point), Emma (who would be a longtime All Star), MaKenzie Lee, Brittany Schram, Aussie Angela, Courtney Cook, Amber Lea.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

RE the Chelsea situation:   Wonder if Kitty showing up outside when she did was a "setup" by CMT/TPTB?

That bit always did feel "staged" to me. I feel that production probably witnessed the Chelsea "joking" stuff and told Kelli about it and they sent Kitty to get Chelsea to come in for the one on one. I do 100% think Chelsea was in this for the attention/to be a 'star' more than to be a cheerleader so it worked in her favor in that it made her memorable when I think, if not for that, she would be one of the blended/forgotten. So yeah, I think parts of it were staged for reality because I think Chelsea was more interested in being on a reality show than being on the team so she would certainly have played along. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

I think Chelsea was more interested in being on a reality show than being on the team so she would certainly have played along. 

Hmmm her cut scene looked like she was genuinely heartbroken at her cut....unless she's an awful damn good actress

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

That bit always did feel "staged" to me. I feel that production probably witnessed the Chelsea "joking" stuff and told Kelli about it and they sent Kitty to get Chelsea to come in for the one on one. I do 100% think Chelsea was in this for the attention/to be a 'star' more than to be a cheerleader so it worked in her favor in that it made her memorable when I think, if not for that, she would be one of the blended/forgotten. So yeah, I think parts of it were staged for reality because I think Chelsea was more interested in being on a reality show than being on the team so she would certainly have played along. 

I always got that feeling from Chelsea, tbh.  Which is too bad, because she really was a cute dancer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/2/2020 at 11:29 PM, sugarplum said:

Is this the one you are referring to?

*not sure why the thumbnail is Kelli with Queen’s star...that definitely isn’t what is linked or what comes up when you hit play. 😂

Willing to be this is an "unpopular opinion" but that's actually not half bad!!!  Was Kelli on Show Group during her time as a DCC?

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Willing to be this is an "unpopular opinion" but that's actually not half bad!!!  Was Kelli on Show Group during her time as a DCC?

I agree. She would sound even better in a key more suited to her vocal range.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Can someone help Lisa find her neck? She looks like an evil hobbit. 

She needs a new expression. That "I'm so fierce, I'll beat you down & bite your nose off" look is just not attractive -- and getting really old. All her pics are looking the same/giving the same vibe -- and it's not good.

• LOL 10
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I don't think it's so unpopular. Not only was she on show group, but, iirc, she was also a music major (instrumental) of some sort in college. Or maybe I made that up and it was marching band in high school. Whatever it was, I remember thinking it was interesting because it didn't seem like she had a strong dance background but something that required and built on a strong sense of musicality, rhythm, and movement. She had a few rough notes, but mostly I thought she had a lovely, effortless sound (and, as we still haven't recovered from the effects of Annie and American Idol, where loud is better than good, I'll take not making my ears bleed and not trying to blow the roof off with the power of your tone-deaf big voice any day (looking at you America's Got Little Vocal Talent).

Edited by methadonna
ETA @SisterTab - I actually assumed that's why she was telling her [husband?] that's why she needed him to learn to play it on piano, so he could play it in a more appropriate key!
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

should she "follow him wherever he may go" (and yes, I sang that phrase as I typed it).

Watched Peggy March sing that on a PBS concert tonight:)  

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

So yeah, I think parts of it were staged for reality because I think Chelsea was more interested in being on a reality show than being on the team so she would certainly have played along

I felt bad for the other girls.  I don't think they were expecting Chelsea to play to the camera like that

5 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

She needs a new expression.

Prune is taken

4 minutes ago, methadonna said:

Not only was she on show group, but, iirc, she was also a music major (instrumental) of some sort in college. Or maybe I made that up and it was marching band in high school.

Drum major for her high school marching band which is why she is so strict about lines.  

• LOL 10
10 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Wonder about squad photo this year,,,  who will be up front, or will any be moved back?  Please, no vacant smiles in the front!  {Rachel W)

Do they have to social distance in the photo?  I know they all tested negative, but wearing masks and social distancing are required in any so-called safe environment.  It will be interesting to see.

46 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

She needs a new expression. That "I'm so fierce, I'll beat you down & bite your nose off" look is just not attractive -- and getting really old. All her pics are looking the same/giving the same vibe -- and it's not good.

She needs a NECK! When you’re short and squaty, you don’t pose for photos with your chin down. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Sydney’s boo got cut from the team !! He didn’t make the final 53 man roster 

You beat me to it.  What will Sydney do now?  We're about to find out if she was just following him or really wants to be a DCC.  He could make the practice squad, though.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

You beat me to it.  What will Sydney do now?  We're about to find out if she was just following him or really wants to be a DCC.  He could make the practice squad, though.

Yeah that could happen as early as towmrow 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

No spoiler. Couldn't figure out how to remove spoiler. Accidentally tapped it. Sorry. 

Spoiler

I will never accept that Lisa is still on the team and Hannah was cut. This is not an attractive picture.

20200905_233432.jpg

Edited by Laurawithcats
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Laurawithcats said:

No spoiler. Couldn't figure out how to remove spoiler. Accidentally tapped it. Sorry. 

Reveal spoiler

I will never accept that Lisa is still on the team and Hannah was cut. This is not an attractive picture.

20200905_233432.jpg

Hannah spoke up abt concerns Lisa didn’t 

• Love 1

I like the bright smile better than the whip your ass doom face she’s got going in those other pics, tho! 

What did Kelly ask Loren? If she had a catalog of expressions? Just a pleasant smile, please! 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I like the bright smile better than the whip your ass doom face she’s got going in those other pics, tho! 

What did Kelly ask Loren? If she had a catalog of expressions? Just a pleasant smile, please! 

Her smile is the only thing acceptable in that picture. She looks like she's a contestant in a body building competition, not teaching a dance class or whatever the picture is for. She doesn't look like a dcc to me. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, loveaux said:

tenor.gif

and that's what ha ass get!!

also Lisa looks like some kind of creature-demon-thing you'd see at the bottom of your bed in an episode of sleep paralysis.

Lol 😂 we will see if he gets signed to tbe practice squad lol 

• LOL 2