Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Until We Leave Again

• Start Topic

Denise and Aaron’s hasty departure from Kyle's barbecue leaves the other ladies confused and unsettled. Kyle helps Kim through a delicate medical procedure, while Lisa and Erika have a distinctively Beverly Hills “procedure” of their own. Garcelle moves into her new house. Aaron awkwardly comes face to face with Erika and Teddi at Sutton's trunk show.

Airdate 07.08.2020

(edited)

Wait, what does Denise mean about ‘cancer’, did I miss something? 
Erika who goes on stage half naked is criticizing Denise for going to a strip club? 

Edited by Straycat80
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Wicked said:

Aaron is awful, but I have to give him props, he knows how to teach a teenager to drive, which is no small feat

Agree.  Letting Sammi determine her comfort zone and not making her feel like an idiot goes a long way.  Maybe he can work at the DMV if the whole "cancer is your friend" thing doesn't work out...

• LOL 10
  • Love 11

If everything in life is too trivial for a couple where one “deals with cancer,” then what the fuck is Denise doing on one of the most trivial reality TV shows on Bravo?  Isn’t it all, be definition, too trivial when juxtaposed against cancer?  What an obnoxious argument.  

Erika was right that Tom wouldn’t be caught dead treating his wife’s friends the way Aaron did.

I love Aaron giving the time line of when everyone should move on.  Does he think he’s Andy Cohen?

The point in the tent that Rinna was driving at, if I may break the fourth wall for a moment, is that Denise and Aaron said on camera that they were going to a strip club, not whether they actually went to a strip club from Kyle’s barbecue.  I have no idea where they draw their line in their sand (strip clubs = cool, threesomes = no no), so how can the rest of the cast know?

Not to be too nit picky about Dorit’s closet, but if she has to give away four pairs of shoes and put some of her coats in PK’s closet from inception, then it’s not as aspirational as it could be.  I would assume someone who was actually rich would have a custom built closet with ample space.  

Kim looks like she’s well over 60 to me.  If I was hazarding a guess, I would put her at 65 or higher.  I could never, ever stand there topless with my sister in a doctor’s office, and I assume I would need eye bleach if I had to see my sister topless, unless it was a serious medical situation, not cosmetic/medical.  Who just stands up with their lab coat completely open, making idle conversation, with their necklaces and breasts out on display together?  That would just freak everyone I know out.  Why did we get so much Kim this episode?  There are seven women plus a friend.  Was this part of the hiatus remix?  Fail!  I’d rather see Lisa Rinna running around barefoot.  

Aaron to Sami:  “Don’t do what I do, like, ever.”  First time Aaron has made any sense to me all season.  

I was bored by Erika and Lisa’s procedure—call me old school, but nothing makes you skinnier except diet, exercise and liposuction.  Nothing noninvasive is going to lift that bony ass for more than a few minutes.  

Not a huge fan of Garcelle’s 3,200 square foot house in the valley, other than the brand new interior.  The lot looked tiny, with no greenery in sight.  Her neighbor could lean out her window to lend her a cup of sugar.  We’re not exactly in Adrienne Malouf territory anymore.  

These women acting stupid, as opposed to one step away from alcohol poisoning on every episode, like RHNYC, is a welcome respite.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

The four - five? women going after Aaron - good for him for standing up for himself all while being cool about it.  Erika says in her TH - "what - are you trying to intimidate me?" - when in fact that's usually her schtick. "Are you going to hit me?" - that wasn't at all the situation - so why would Erika say that - Karening the situation much?  I can't stand that the hive mind won't leave Denise (and Aaron) alone about what happened several weeks ago - they won't let things go -  I guess at least until Denise agrees with them about their point of view.  These women are vile.

Seemed like Erika was projecting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I liked Sutton’s shade to Teddi that she was having a real event with a real invitation that they showed onscreen.  I feel like Teddi loses her way really easily, and needs to be reminded how to be assertive without being an asshole. 

I know I’m in the minority, but I like this franchise better than NYC right now.  These women, for the most part, have husbands and relationships, and when Dorit mentioned that she moved to Italy after finishing “university” 🤮, I realize these women may be more educated than their New York counterparts.  I know that Sonja and Ramona went to FIT on the other franchise (and I’m not even sure if Sonja graduated), so I think that’s about a college graduation rate of 20%.  I think—and I haven’t done an extensive background dive—that all the women on this franchise have gone to college, even if they didn’t graduate, save Kyle, who, as she told us in season one “didn’t get to go to college.”  Cry me a river, Kyle.  But there is a stability factor, and an education factor, as fragile as they may be, on this franchise, that is noticeably lacking on the other.  

Denise bringing Aaron to consecutive events now sends the message that she’s wielding her husband like a weapon.  She either feels weak, or like she doesn’t want to do this, and the sharks are smelling blood in the water.  Does she realize there would be no show if everyone let sleeping dogs lie?  I actually think Denise is much better on her own.  When Kyle said she felt weird that Denise left her party early, Denise just shot back that Kyle left Denise’s party early, so they’re even.  That’s so much more entertaining to me than a rogue husband.  

I love the way Erika handled Aaron.  It was very direct, but not aggressive or hysterical, which was the way she was with PK a couple of seasons back.

Aaron was definitely trying to intimidate the ladies at Kyle’s barbecue, and I’m really glad Erika and Teddi stood their ground against him at Sutton’s party, in a non-threatening way.  He can’t seem to hold his own in an argument. 

One thing Aaron did that I hate was to repeat “moral high ground” and “can you let me talk to Denise?” with “Really?  Really?  Do you want to go there?  Do you want to go there right now?”  It’s passive-aggressive and it’s a way to buy time when someone doesn’t know how to respond.  If I say something to a woman or a man, I find it an incredible waste of time for them to repeat it to me with a “Really?”  Whenever anyone’s said that to me, I’ve always snapped them out of it by saying, “Just assume I mean everything I say from this point forward.”  

Where the hell was Aaron going to go with Teddi vis a vis the moral high ground anyway?  Teddi is, in my opinion, a baby and a punk, but she doesn’t suffer from such low moral character that she shouldn’t be the first to address someone else saying it about her.  Who does Aaron think he’s dealing with, The Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick?

Once again, Denise is crushing Aaron’s hand and they’re leaving an event early because of the cameras.  The more things change, the more they stay the same. Is this going to be their MO for the rest of the season?  Then Erika is right and they should probably just not talk to her anymore.  Surviving this show is not for sissies.  Everyone has had to take their season being a hated housewife.  Just ask Camille.  Denise needs to be able to hold her own without her husband, or she should exit stage left IMO.  

• Love 10

Just watching now.  I like Sutton’s dress at her event. What exactly is this event, though?

Oh great, now we have to rehash AGAIN at a public event. 🥺😫😫

• Love 2

imo Denise made a mistake by backtracking and saying it’s not that she thinks the kids shouldn’t be around them - that just encouraged the snakes to keep hissing at her. She should’ve stuck with her original stance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Aaron illustrates how he is a great stepfather by how a balky teen listened to him when learning to drive. His relationship with these girls is very sweet and inspiring. When Eloise was overjoyed at being able to say “Daddy” on Father’s Day was so much more meaningful than the nattering of toxic twats in Rhinestones and leopard print wrap dresses.

Denise should have left Aaron out of it. He seemed totally nonplussed that none of the other husbands were around. 

• Love 18

None of the ladies are coming out ahead in this threesomegate and Aaron's mansplain-y tone definitely takes him out of the race altogether but the real losers in this situation are us, the viewers. NO ONE CARES, SHOW. I'd rather watch Rinna's ass cheeks twerk via a Doctor Ho infomercial product for the whole hour rather than watch Kyle try to do the wide eye innocent "I just want to talk about it" routine and Erika act like the ready to rumble Tough Girl. I did snort a little at Teddi's "moral high ground" bit, like what, is she afraid someone is coming for her place in the group? 

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Where they don't just beat the horse to a greasy gross pulp, they wait for it to come back from the Elmer's Glue factory to beat it some more. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I thought Kyle was disgusting when she made her mother’s cancer all about herself, whining about how she wishes her mom had been more stoic instead of being afraid to die. It’s not the terminally-ill person’s job to comfort her adult child. Losing a parent is hard.  But the way Kyle talked about it was gross.

Yes, I was uncomfortable with this segment.  From what I have read (here), they had  a complicated relationship.  Their mom was not so great, but they still loved her.  Is Kyle trying to rewrite the reality?

Shallow question — was Kyle blonde for awhile?  Thought I saw a photo of her with Mom, as a blonde.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Shallow question — was Kyle blonde for awhile?  Thought I saw a phot of her with Mom, as a blonde.

"Blonde" seems generous. That looked like an unholy yellow orange combination that only occurs when a teenager is armed with angsty rebellion and a box of Blondissima. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

I guess Denise was contracted & obligated to attend the Sutton thing, but why bring combative hubby? No other men there.

Does Kyle wear coloured contacts? Her eyes appear brown as a child in photos, but hazel now? Maybe it’s my TV.
Sister Kim looks every bit her age, but kudos to her for allowing to be filmed au naturale. Dorit would never allow such a thing! Glam squad all the way...

Rinna has to be the most Look at meeeeeeeee! annoying housewife. Gah!
Erika is hard as nails.

• Love 8

Seriously what would have the conversation at Kyle’s party would have been without them leaving? They literally can’t stop talking about her complaint at any event they are at!! 

• Love 10

What kind of car did they show us after the Kyle/Kim-driving-to-the-doctor’s-office sequence? It was matte black and in the foreground. Beautiful.

Rinna looked so stupid with those paddles bouncing up and down on her rear. My sister is a surgeon, and it still surprises her whenever her patients show up for appointments in a thong.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

None of the ladies are coming out ahead in this threesomegate and Aaron's mansplain-y tone definitely takes him out of the race altogether but the real losers in this situation are us, the viewers. NO ONE CARES, SHOW. I'd rather watch Rinna's ass cheeks twerk via a Doctor Ho infomercial product for the whole hour rather than watch Kyle try to do the wide eye innocent "I just want to talk about it" routine and Erika act like the ready to rumble Tough Girl. I did snort a little at Teddi's "moral high ground" bit, like what, is she afraid someone is coming for her place in the group? 

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Where they don't just beat the horse to a greasy gross pulp, they wait for it to come back from the Elmer's Glue factory to beat it some more. 

Haha she should be happy - wasn't it so hard last year that it brought her to tears? 😄 

2 hours ago, Michichick said:

I thought Kyle was disgusting when she made her mother’s cancer all about herself, whining about how she wishes her mom had been more stoic instead of being afraid to die. It’s not the terminally-ill person’s job to comfort her adult child. Losing a parent is hard.  But the way Kyle talked about it was gross.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Yes, I was uncomfortable with this segment.  From what I have read (here), they had  a complicated relationship.  Their mom was not so great, but they still loved her.  Is Kyle trying to rewrite the reality?

My take on that was that Kyle was sad and sorry for her mom.  My thoughts when watching was that Big Kathy was as selfish with them in death as she was in life!

• Love 12

God I loathe these women. The only fun thing about this show is watching them get these procedures and still look awful. Brandi looks like a Madame Tussaud figure that barely survived a fire. Kyle is looking like the Joker around the mouth.

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
(edited)

Youngest son loves remembering when I made oldest son learner driver get OUT of the car and walk home because he wasn’t listening to me and hooning around corners too fast! Last time I took him out for a lesson and paid for all of my kids to learn after that!  So, I’m in Denise and Charlie’s club! We know our limitations! 😆

I didn’t see anything on Aaron’s truck to indicate there was a learner driver (like we have to Down Under). I appreciate knowing which cars to watch out for!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Erika is so full of it that it is ludicrous.

She wouldn’t say shit if she had a mouthful if Tom was there. He treats her like a child.

Well, Tom wasn't there and I thought it was pretty lame for Aaron to be there. I'm not a big fan of Erika.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wondering what Erika thinks about Kyle's Rinna's description of Erika's "type." Old, bald and rich. Wondering what Tom thinks. 

I'm not an Erika fan by any means but Kyle Rinna is crass. 

Edited by suomi
meant to say Rinna
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7