Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: I'm Not Your Baby

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Because he said it during one of his voice overs or talking heads. He said his parents would have preferred if he married aa relative, like a cousin. 

Yeah, he said it was a common practice and an expectation. So she wasn't like... insulting him out of the blue with stereotypes. They probably talked about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Both Brittany and yazan had distorted visions of their future.  I think both of them tried to convey their hopes, dreams and demands to the other one - and they chose to ignore the negative responses.  The parents are the only ones not being driven by hormones and physical chemistry.  So I’m not surprised to see the meltdown from Yazan’s mother.  She said they have waited long enough.  I think mother Yazan is very intuitive and knows something is up with Brittany and the girl is hiding more than her $900 wig.  

• Love 10
(edited)

I'm starting to think that Brittany's behavior is a defense mechanism. If I remember correctly she said that her mom abandoned the family. She dates 80 year old men because she knows there is no commitment and she won't get hurt. She married and is currently dating  controlling, volatile men. She can just up and say that Yazan reminds her of her ex therefore she can't commit.  She needs to get on the next plane and then uber herself to a therapist. This girl will continue to self sabotage until she realizes that she's inadvertently the issue. Brittany's marry your cousin line was meant as a dig towards Yazan, but he openly stated that his parents are cousins and it's not abnormal in Jordan.  Yazan wants the video vixen at home and the submissive woman in public.  Good luck with that.

Biniyam (sp) is trying the best with what he has. He's found not only one, but two apartments for Ariela and the baby (looking at you Jihoon). The least Ariela and her snobby mother can do us appreciate the fact that this man is trying his best and shut the hell up.

I don't feel sorry for Deavan. The first hint that Jihoon was not ready for her and the children to return, was the fact that SHE found the apartment and not him. She knows that Jihoon is irresponsible, so why is she expecting better when he hasn't even attempted to do better.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 3

Can someone please tell me why some American women hook up with Muslim men, move to their Middle Eastern countries to marry them, then somehow think that they can fail to convert to Islam and continue to dress as they wish (usually with the girls hanging out), drink alcohol, etc. and their "soulmate" isn't going to have a problem with it? On this franchise alone we have Nickel, BGL, Rebecca, Laura and now Brittany. Seriously, I think we need some sort of social media-based PSA campaign to let women know that no, that's not how it works. Also, while we're at it, how about a PSA campaign to inform my fellow-Americans that being American doesn't grant some special status where, when overseas, you don't have to behave according to your host country's laws, morals, values and expectations? I mean, we've seen all that before, but Brittany took it to a higher level last night. Seriously, she doesn't even stop to think about this stuff. She's still legally married so can't marry Yazan ASAP and hasn't yet informed him about that. Common sense would tell most people to go along with the hijab thing and keep him and the parents happy. But no, she gets all mad about it, gets him angry on the way there, which of course, Mom and Dad picked up on right away.  She just needs to pack her bag and leave now. (Pro tip: If you don't want to become a Muslim, don't even date a Muslim man, much less agree to marry him!) Sorry, she really chapped my butt this week. 

Thankfully, we had Armando and Kenny as the antidote. How cute was Kenny rockin' it out in the car? And Armando getting the apartment together and making that welcome plaque craft? I too hope everything works out for them, and can't wait to see his arrival and their reunion next week!

Deaven needs to dump Jihoon and leave SK. He is NEVER going to grow up and man up. What I would give to have been a fly on the wall when he walked into his parents' place. Just when they thought they'd finally gotten rid of him - he's baaaaack!

Agree with everyone who thinks Sumit is lying to Jenny again. Hope he follows through on going to the attorney the next day. Can't wait to hear what he has to say...

Felt bad for Biniyam - he's really trying and Areola and her Mom were not having any of what he was dishing up. Yes, I know there's going to be a baby and both apartments were a hot mess (okay, one was downright horrifying), but give him some time to get them together. At least he's working on it, unlike Jihoon and Pole! And speaking of Pole, I wonder if his Mom used to be like Areola's, taking care of everything. Pole could be a cautionary tale for Areola's mother! Want your kids to grow up? Let them deal with the consequences of their decisions/actions!

• Love 18

Did Biniyam get TWO apartments for Ariella and the baby? One for the short-term and the fixer-upper for the long term? Even if the execution wasn't perfect, I'm struggling to come up with any 90 Day cast member who put this much thought into their partner's move. MVP!

• Love 22
38 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Did Biniyam get TWO apartments for Ariella and the baby? One for the short-term and the fixer-upper for the long term? Even if the execution wasn't perfect, I'm struggling to come up with any 90 Day cast member who put this much thought into their partner's move. MVP!

Agree. He got her a place to stay while he fixed up the other one...which he told her wasn’t ready... I did like how he painted the baby’s room first.  

I can’t believe The cast is worse than the last season of 90 Day Fiancé.   I figure Kenny and Armando are included so there is 1 success.   No other couple has a chance.  

• Love 4

Bibi Gets a lot of credit for juggling two apartments on his limited funds. But I believe he has been in the states before and he should know that neither of these situations would meet Ari’s criteria. I figure mother Ari will bail them out, leaving a credit card and arranging for a cleaning lady and cook to come take care of her daughter and grandchild.  Ari already bragged that she does nothing for herself - to a man who lives in squalor and with none of the luxuries that are American standards.  Once again, I am embarrassed to be an American.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LadyoftheLake23 said:

Deaven needs to dump Jihoon and leave SK. He is NEVER going to grow up and man up. What I would give to have been a fly on the wall when he walked into his parents' place. Just when they thought they'd finally gotten rid of him - he's baaaaack!

I guess he can stay at the Air BnB as Deavan and mum have decamped to a hotel.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Irritable said:

I have no problem with Yazan’s mother’s reaction because she is not stupid, she is seeing Brittany’s bullshit clearly, and she’s had it.  Waiting a year, thinking she came to Jordan to finally marry their son only to find out no, just more excuses, and then to find out she has still done absolutely no research to learn about their culture, and see her bickering with Yazan in their home? Yeah, I get it.  Yazan led his parents to believe she was converting, that she understood what her role would be, that she had agreed to give up her non-Muslim life, and as soon as his mom realized that was not the case, she said OH HAIL NO, and I’ll back her on that.  Brittany could have said at any time over that year she refused to convert or comply with their rules and traditions.  She thinks she is standing up for herself like a strong woman, but she’s actually just being a dick at this point, and that’s not even including the lie about her non-divorce. I can only imagine what his parents think of her twerking videos on social media - of course they want her to stop that nonsense if she’s going to be their daughter in law and bear their grandchildren.  It shocks me more that they were ever willing to accept her based on what she has shown of herself.  She’s not just non-conservative, she’s the polar opposite, and if she has a history of bedding old sugar daddies for cash and prizes, then the prostitution concern isn’t all that far off the mark. They aren’t going to make it, and I’m eager for them to just call it.

I didn’t think Ari and her mother were being rude or elitist.  They seemed to be trying to choose their words carefully to not hurt his feelings, but their points were all valid. Ari adores him, he’s trying so hard, and if it was just them and no baby, she could make it work.  The baby changes everything and they really do have to be practical.  I can’t wrap my mind around “we don’t refrigerate” as an accepted practice in 2020. If you have electricity, then why would you ever just choose to not have some form of refrigerator?  Just a little one? Beyond my comprehension.

Deavon handled that talk with Jihoon better than I would have.  She was calm, concise, firm.  Clearly she was very sad and hurt, and I wouldn’t have blamed her for cussing him out a little, but she seemed to finally understand that no matter how much Jihoon may want to be a better man, he just ... isn’t. Maybe he never will be.  He can say all the right words a thousand times but he won’t even dip his toe into the water of actually doing anything that he promises. She’s got to cut him loose for real.

I don’t know why Jenny is in a hurry to marry Sumit.  He lives with her, they are hours away from his parents, they can be together all the time now, so I don’t see the big problem with waiting for the divorce process to complete as long as they have each other in every other way.

Agree with all of this!  I think Jenny has to marry in a year or so or has to leave India, she can't stay there as a single American.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Ooh I completely agree. I am angry at Mother Yazan for making me feel sympathy for Brittany.

You're a better person that I.  I didn't feel sorry for her AT ALL.  SHE was the disrespectful one.  "I'm not a Muslim, I'm black?"  She deserved to be yelled at just for that dumbass, ignorant statement.

Brittany was right, she's NOT your baby, Yazan because a baby has more sense than this idiot and her cheap, crusty wig. 

Love to see what her natural hair looks like, but Brittany is so stupid she probably doesn't even know how to take care of it. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Brittany was right, she's NOT your baby, Yazan because a baby has more sense than this idiot and her cheap, crusty wig. 

I could not believe she had the nerve to allege that wig cost $900. Maybe in total if she put it on a credit card and paid the minimum every month?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Xena said:

<snip>

I'm not sure if they said how they met, but I would bet that Yazan watched one of her twerking videos 50 times, then slid into her DMs.

<snip>  

Brittany was visiting her sister in Chicago. Yazan's sister, who was friends with Brittany's sister, lived in the apartment upstairs.

Brittany just happened to pop into Yazan's sister's apartment one day when she was on a video call with Yazan. Brittany and Yazan saw each other and it was instant chemistry.

Four weeks later Yazan sent Brittany money to buy a ticket to Amman. She flew to Amman for a visit, met his family, and the rest is history. Or a horror story. You pick.

5 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

<snip>On the other hand, saying he should marry one of his cousins was racist as fuck and if she feels that way, what's she doing even flirting with a guy from that part of the world, much less promising to marry him? <snip>

Cousin marriage is fairly common among Jordanian Muslims. When I lived in Texas, one of my very good friends was a guy from Jordon. He wanted to get married, but considering Muslims are separated by gender at the mosque, and Muslims don't date, he was finding it impossible to find an eligible Muslim woman in North Texas.

So, he took a month off, went to Jordan, married his cousin, and was able to bring her back on a spousal visa. Problem solved.

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm guessing this is the first time Brittany said she's not converting, and never even considered it, and that she will never be the wife Yazan wants.  <snip>  

Yep. If you recall, in an earlier episode Brittany admitted Yazan continuously brought up Islam and her converting during their video calls, but she just ignored him and changed the subject.

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone tell me why they think Brittney told Yazan to go marry his cousin?  I understand why someone who is from the USA might make that comment to some people who live in a certain state in this country.  I won't name it here, since, I think it's an unfair stereotype. It implies that people in this state marry their relatives, because they are poorly educated, poorly socialized and live in rural areas where a selection of a non-relative might be difficult, but, why  did Brittney say that to Yazan in Jordan?  I didn't get it.  It she implying the same thing? 

Regarding whether Brittany was implying the same thing: see my reply to @CrazyInAlabama's post I quoted, in part, just above.

And in regards to the rest of your post:

First cousin marriage without any restrictions* is legal in 19 states and the District of Columbia.

Those states are:

Alabama

Alaska

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Rhode Island

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vermont

Virginia

The taboo against first cousin marriage is primarily due to a concern for genetic anomalies in any children from a union of parents related to one another.

The risk of genetic anomalies in children born to unrelated parents is 2-3%. The risk of genetic anomalies in children born to first cousin couples is 4-6%, so not that great a difference.

Is IS a slightly elevated risk though, so it's recommended first cousin couples seek genetic counseling prior to starting a family.

*There are several other states that allow first cousin marriage with restrictions, such as requiring both parties to be over a certain age and unable to bear children.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Grammar!
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

I am posting this before reading the whole thread so apologies if I am being repetitious.

Brittany.  Even if she was agreeable to converting, she would still be a loud, obnoxious self-centred self absorbed, entitled asshole. Did I her this properly - she  said she is not a Muslim, she is a Black woman? What kind of ignorant statement is that - are you telling me that there are no black Muslim women in this world??? (someone please enlighten me if I am misinterpreting this.)  I was not aware that the two were mutually exclusive. She should go back to the US and find some old dude who will put up with her princess bullshit and buy her $900 wigs. There, I think that about covers it. And Yazan's mom seems to have a bit of the crazy in her - I wonder if her parents were first cousins.

I hope that Ari does go back home because I can't stand listening to her whiny voice. I think that Binyam is really trying to do the best he can, but her mother is right that this is no place to have or raise a baby unless you have no other choice. 

Deavan and Jihoon. He is the epitome of a giant lazy ass loser. We knew that he had absolutely no ambition, and now we learn that he can only work part time so he can rest whenever he wants. That right there is what you want in a partner and parent. I actually think he has very low self esteem and is possibly depressed. He might benefit from seeing a therapist.

Jenny. Sumit is a bit if a manchild himself. He just makes all kinds of shit up to cover his ass. Glad that his friend was there to stand up for her. Yeah, the "Uh?" "Uh?" thing. My mom does it and it drives me absolutely bonkers but in her defense she is 86 and hard of hearing even with hearing aids.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

The risk of genetic anomalies in children born to unrelated parents is 2-3%. The risk of genetic anomalies in children born to first cousin couples is 4-6%, so not that great a difference.

Or a huge difference, as in double the risk.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Or a huge difference, as in double the risk.

And that statistic doesn't even take into consideration that cousins that be the product of generations of cousin-marrying - in which case the inbreeding risk would be much more severe.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I’m completely bored by these couples. Brittany may be good for some comic relief down the road so I’m hanging in there for that. Why does she always look so squints? Heavy fake spider-eyelashes?  Has Brittany been lying to Yazan all along about becoming a proper Muslim wife? Or has he been lying to his parents?  Why do these girls with love of their life soulmate Muslim boyfriends push back against the cultural requirements? Do any of them ever  bother to read up on the culture  before they move?  

I’m not the least bit surprised Jihoon couldn’t work full time because he needed time to nap. He’s such an infantile loser. Why is Deavon surprised?  He’s done fuck all to help til now. She needs to  take Druzilla and the baby and get the first plane back to the US and go back to living with her psycho mother.    

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

And that statistic doesn't even take into consideration that cousins that be the product of generations of cousin-marrying - in which case the inbreeding risk would be much more severe.

Hence Prince Charles.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6

Just rewatched this episode, and as the discussion between Brittany and Yazan and his parents begins to get heated, Brittany adjusts her head covering. Didn't notice it before, but it appears she's sending a signal of her own to his parents. 😂 

IMG_0301.PNG

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, invisiblegirl12 said:

Just rewatched this episode, and as the discussion between Brittany and Yazan and his parents begins to get heated, Brittany adjusts her head covering. Didn't notice it before, but it appears she's sending a signal of her own to his parents. 😂 

IMG_0301.PNG

I noticed that while watching and was hoping it was unintentional, but probably not. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The fact that Brittany never even tried to get a divorce is a big red flag for me.   If she would have started the process when she met Yazan, then she would be divorced now. 

But, oopsie, she forgot she was married! And how does putting a hijab over a $ 900 wig wreck it? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm more interested in what he was thinking. What gave Yazan the idea that Brittany would become a submissive, covered, Muslim wife, unless she was selling him a bill of goods. 

I believe Yazan knew what Brittany was all about, hence the attraction. The “submissive, covered Muslim wife” is only for show. I would bet good money  he has carnal knowledge of her. Yazan strikes me as the kind of guy who wants, “a lady in the streets and a freak between the sheets.” 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

But I believe he has been in the states before and he should know that neither of these situations would meet Ari’s criteria.

I felt bad for him.  I agree, he had to know she wasn't going to like either place, but I'm not sure he could have done much better in his situation.

• Love 8
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

Why did Brittany act like she did not know how to put on the head covering, they showed a photo of her and Yazan from a previous visit and she had a covering on, how fake is she?  

Based on her eyelashes and wigs, I'd respond . . . VERY fake.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
On 7/14/2020 at 12:12 AM, mamadrama said:

Father Yazan is the only person I like in that other storyline.

I think Father Yazan has a soft-spot in his heart for Brittany.  I just envision this "thought bubble" over his head as he daydreams:  "Hmmm...if I wasn't married to this shrew, I might have had a chance with Brittany,..praise be..." ❤️

• LOL 7

I can understand people like Laura (with Aladdin) and Jenny going online and moving overseas to another culture. They probably feel they aren’t really leaving much behind...except their cars. But Brittany is young and seems to love her life in not Palm Beach (beyotch is in PB County). She looks to have a thriving social life and meeting men isnt an issue. And Yazan isn’t some rich sheik. So why oh why would she even think of putting herself in this situation? They don’t pay that much and the show doesn’t give THAT much visibility to literally risk her life

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

You're a better person that I.  I didn't feel sorry for her AT ALL.  SHE was the disrespectful one.  "I'm not a Muslim, I'm black?"  She deserved to be yelled at just for that dumbass, ignorant statement.

Brittany was right, she's NOT your baby, Yazan because a baby has more sense than this idiot and her cheap, crusty wig. ,

Love to see what her natural hair looks like, but Brittany is so stupid she probably doesn't even know how to take care of it. 

Did anyone else notice that in Pillowtalk she said "I'm not Arab, I'm black?" or did I doze off?

• Love 4
On 7/14/2020 at 9:50 AM, Neurochick said:

Well if she did that, it would be kidnapping, since Ariela is a grown woman.  

However, you do have a point.  Last night, I thought Ariela and her mom were two princesses who thought they were better than this "Ethiopian man."  Maybe the issue is that Ariela's mom is used to her daughter having all types of adventures, and that's okay, except now she's expecting a baby so it's not her life, it's another person's life that will have to deal with it.

Interesting in Pillow Talk, Anny, Robert's wife was like, "People live like that in my country and we know how to deal with the conditions."  It makes me wonder.  What's the percentage of high blood pressure, strokes, heart disease, high cholesterol, depression, anxiety?  Just curious.

Totally agree. While Bini’s first apartment wouldn’t meet my standards either, people live like that every day and survive. He doesn’t appear to have dysentery or cholera, so he musta be doing something right. Bini seems to be healthier than Ariela or her mom. I agree with Annie that when you live in that environment, you adapt and learn to maneuver safely. We Americans take way too many antibiotics and poison ourselves with processed food and chemical beauty products, so we probably shouldn’t snub anyone’s accommodations.  

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I think mother Yazan is very intuitive and knows something is up with Brittany and the girl is hiding more than her $900 wig.  

She sees a deceitful liar, a prostitute selling and exposing her jiggling almost naked body to entice men on SM for "likes",  a bad wife who disrespects her son, non believer of Islam, a shameful stain on their family's reputation.

That's a lot to tuck under her wig....not to mention the non existent divorce papers Britt was supposed to produce on this trip so they can marry...the lack of documents will bring everything to a roiling boil......predicting blows of anger will be exchanged by Ma Yazoo to Britt for her lying and to Yazoo for his stupidity

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TzuShih said:

I think Father Yazan has a soft-spot in his heart for Brittany.  I just envision this "thought bubble" over his head as he daydreams:  "Hmmm...if I wasn't married to this shrew, I might have had a chance with Brittany,..praise be..." ❤️

Someone's writing 90 Day Fanfic over here. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, lizajane said:

eah, the "Uh?" "Uh?" thing. My mom does it and it drives me absolutely bonkers but in her defense she is 86 and hard of hearing even with hearing aids.

This drives me bonkers too. I said out loud "Use your words, Jenny, use your words!"  (Such as, "Pardon?" "Excuse me?" "I'm sorry, what?" Even a "Wait, what?" would have been more acceptable). 

Jenny walks rocking back and forth. I do that if I've been sitting for hours but it goes away after a minute. She's just so slow, with her droopy face and lumbering gait. Sumit is no prize but I have no sympathy for Jenny. She continued falling for a known catfish and she's just juvenile in her whole "Romeo & Juliet" way of thinking. 

• Love 12
On 7/14/2020 at 1:24 PM, poeticlicensed said:

When Yazan first dropped Brittany at the hotel after her flight, he wouldn't go to her room because it was unacceptable for an unmarried coupole to be  in a hotel room together. Yet in this episode, we see Yazan knock on her hotel room door and go into  in in her room where they are alone (pretending no cameras) . Why was it unacceptable one day and ok the next?

I think he was planning too but was too upset, as I think she requested (demanded?) that he help with her luggage and he refused. And then he just left. 

22 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Both Brittany and yazan had distorted visions of their future.  I think both of them tried to convey their hopes, dreams and demands to the other one - and they chose to ignore the negative responses.  The parents are the only ones not being driven by hormones and physical chemistry.  So I’m not surprised to see the meltdown from Yazan’s mother.  She said they have waited long enough.  I think mother Yazan is very intuitive and knows something is up with Brittany and the girl is hiding more than her $900 wig.  

I think maybe they're both too complacent and naive? They are both hearing what they want to hear. Brittany ignored his requests of converting. She thought it would go away.  He probably took that as her agreeing, so his concerns went away. Both are playing the 'well if we just don't talk about it.. we won't have to deal with it.." card. 

18 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Brittany was visiting her sister in Chicago. Yazan's sister, who was friends with Brittany's sister, lived in the apartment upstairs.

Brittany just happened to pop into Yazan's sister's apartment one day when she was on a video call with Yazan. Brittany and Yazan saw each other and it was instant chemistry.

Four weeks later Yazan sent Brittany money to buy a ticket to Amman. She flew to Amman for a visit, met his family, and the rest is history. Or a horror story. You pick.

I keep wondering about Yazan's sister that is in the US. I wonder how his parents feel about that??? I have a feeling she isn't so strict as her family in Jordan, Brittany probably hangs around her and therefore thinks that she doesn't have to be serious about muslim culture either?  But when the mom got mad, that was scary!  However overall the family must not be super strict (except the mom) because the dad has no issues with being on a tv show. AND he told Yazan to go check on Brittany when she left. I bet the mother could have cared less. Seemed like he was trying to be fairly gentle with Brittany but when the mom went in on her he was like "ok I have to side with my wife" and started to lay down the hammer too. 

• Love 5

Bini kind of creeped me out at first with the “singing”‘ preening, fighting and the backstory of the previous American wife. But darn if he didn’t win me over with his sweet smile and trying so hard to please that JAP (I can say that as I am a Jewish mother who made dang sure I didn’t raise one of those)

• Love 6
On 7/14/2020 at 2:19 AM, Irritable said:

I have no problem with Yazan’s mother’s reaction because she is not stupid, she is seeing Brittany’s bullshit clearly, and she’s had it.  Waiting a year, thinking she came to Jordan to finally marry their son only to find out no, just more excuses, and then to find out she has still done absolutely no research to learn about their culture, and see her bickering with Yazan in their home? Yeah, I get it.  Yazan led his parents to believe she was converting, that she understood what her role would be, that she had agreed to give up her non-Muslim life, and as soon as his mom realized that was not the case, she said OH HAIL NO, and I’ll back her on that.  Brittany could have said at any time over that year she refused to convert or comply with their rules and traditions.  She thinks she is standing up for herself like a strong woman, but she’s actually just being a dick at this point, and that’s not even including the lie about her non-divorce. I can only imagine what his parents think of her twerking videos on social media - of course they want her to stop that nonsense if she’s going to be their daughter in law and bear their grandchildren.  It shocks me more that they were ever willing to accept her based on what she has shown of herself.  She’s not just non-conservative, she’s the polar opposite, and if she has a history of bedding old sugar daddies for cash and prizes, then the prostitution concern isn’t all that far off the mark. They aren’t going to make it, and I’m eager for them to just call it.

I’m going to say something never said on social media.

you've changed my mind.

I saw Mama Yazan as more batshit crazy but your points are well taken. I didn’t realize how long she’s been waiting and I didn’t understand the sudden and drastic change in tone and attitude she had towards Brittany, but I think you nailed it. 

kudooz

• Love 15
23 hours ago, spunky said:

I don't feel sorry for Deavan. The first hint that Jihoon was not ready for her and the children to return, was the fact that SHE found the apartment and not him. She knows that Jihoon is irresponsible, so why is she expecting better when he hasn't even attempted to do better.

Jihoon's irresponsibly has always been Deaven's song and dance throughout their storyline.

She was all droopy faced when she first went to SK to introduce the infant to his grandparents. She wasn't happy in their small apartment, and I believe that's when the lies began, i.e. Jihoon having legal issues & money issues, and Deaven ignoring the red flags.

I just can't with her, telling us how she's attracted to Asian men, blah, blah, blah. Ok, great, have at it like bunnies, but for God's sake be careful!  Now this season she tells us that actually she tried to be careful, but oops the condom fell off. Sure, Jan.

She's obviously not a careful girl as evidenced by her older daughter, whose father is apparently violent and/or in prison. Not good marriage material. 

People say just move on, find someone better, go home to live with mommy, but Deaven's basket of good prospects is shrinking. I want to see the successful, attractive man who will gladly accept responsibility for this sad miserable woman and her two children. She might meet a perfectly fine man with resources, but he will not be up to her superficial standards. Like Tom said, "She'll be a lonely 50-year-old woman..."

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, TzuShih said:

I agree that Father Yazan is the softie of the two parents while Mother Yazan is the disciplinarian. As much as I dislike Brittany‘s behavior, it was rather nice that he told Yazan to go check on her. 

I’ve known a few practicing, traditional Muslim families, and without exception, the mother rules the roost even though the father is the dominant one. It’s hard to explain, but it’s mostly apparent behind closed doors.  I can tell you that I’ve seen my friends’/co-workers’ moms bark orders and damned if the kids and husbands don’t hop right to it. 

Edited by Mrs. Landingham
Typo. Thanks a lot, Brittany.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ErikaOnline said:

It was weird to me when Yazan’s mom started going off on Brittany. Also very weird she won’t show her face,have they done it like this on this show before?

The producers flash on the screen that Ma Yazoo doesn't want her face to be filmed out of religious beliefs.

1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

The producers flash on the screen that Ma Yazoo doesn't want her face to be filmed out of religious beliefs.

I know I saw that part haha. I was just wondering has anyone else on this show done that before?

1 minute ago, ErikaOnline said:

It was weird to me when Yazan’s mom started going off on Brittany. Also very weird she won’t show her face,have they done it like this on this show before?

Not that I recall.  That was strange.   Maybe Michael's parents when they showed up at the apartment?   Surely Brittany, as pretty as she is, will leave as soon as possible!

Does the show make them sign a contract to stay so long?

• Love 1