Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: I'm Not Your Baby

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

I'm calling producer shenannies...There was always a plan to switch and bait...

Mother Areola will throw buckets of money to hire a dozen workers to complete the renovation that "Bibi started"...completely decked out with Western kitchen appliances, bathroom fixtures, security windows and doors in a gated area.

No way will Areola live in a shithole.

She can pay for whatever she wants but how is he going to maintain it?   Or pay to maintain it?  And they will be a target for thieves as well.

And electricity isn’t as reliable there.  Fill up a fridge and a black or brown out and it all spoils.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I kind of watched this last night. Are Brittney and Yazan a real couple, or is this a chance to be on TV? Did we see Yazan's mother's face during the rage? All I remember seeing was a large human covered in fabric, back to the camera, waving its arms around, and a detached voice shouting. Did Mother Yazan have a stand in for this scene, or was she really doing this? Maybe the family is just part of the show. Brittney didn't seem too disturbed by the scene. 

Bini seems to have good intentions, but Ariela is probably not going to last long in this latest adventure. I thought Mother Ariela was the voice of patience and reason. I would have lost it with these two, especially with Ari. 

Jihoon spends his time apologizing. The Pillow Talk people got that right. He also admitted he didn't go to a good university. While not everyone can get a seat in a good university, his confession carries a kind of guilt that he didn't bother to study long and hard enough to prepare for the exams. Jihoon does not seem to be on a path to financial independence, especially after his 90Day TV career is over. 

Will Angela and Michael really get married? I used to doubt this couple, but it may happen. Good luck, Michael. Jenny and Sumit are the gift that just keeps on giving. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Interesting in Pillow Talk, Anny, Robert's wife was like, "People live like that in my country and we know how to deal with the conditions."  It makes me wonder.  What's the percentage of high blood pressure, strokes, heart disease, high cholesterol, depression, anxiety?  Just curious.

I often wondered how people (family included) live in the DR. Its one thing to go on a 2 week vacation another to be there, forever. And most of my family live in nice conditions but its not the way I grew up. As for diseases etc... I think it is pretty much the same. Now I don't personally know people who live in abject poverty, so that could be very different.

I do know one thing, when I used to spend summer breaks out there in the late 70s early 80s, you would be hard pressed to find a fast food chain like Burger King. They were there. You want a burger, you go to a restaurant and get one, same with pizza.... I remember wanting a snickers bar and they weren't sold there.  You didn't see so many obese people as in the US. Fast forward to the last time I was there in 2002. Every possible chain from Burger King to Dunkin' to Pizza Hut were everywhere you looked. And so was an increase in obesity. I used to be heavy and I was always the odd man out in my youth, if I went there now at that same weight, I wouldn't stick out. 

• Useful 3
34 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Brit and Yazan were never going to be a success.  How did she think marrying into a devout Muslim family in Jordan was going to work?

I'm more interested in what he was thinking. What gave Yazan the idea that Brittany would become a submissive, covered, Muslim wife, unless she was selling him a bill of goods. I have long been of the opinion that it's up to the adult child to manage their own parents. When a mother in law or father in law starts ragging on a daughter in law, the child of that parent needs to step in an manage what's going on. Yazan was just standing there letting Mama Yazan scream at Brittany. If my mother in law did that, I would expect my husband to take care of it. Believe me I am no Brittany fan, but WTF was Yazan thinking??

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

t seems the minority position, but I am all for Ariela's mom. I cannot imagine the level of self control it took to see where her daughter slept the night before and NOT grab her by the ear and take her right back to the airport. Instead, she addressed things extremely rationally, completely respectfully, never came across as talking down to anyone or trying to manipulate the situation in any way.

I'm guessing Mom Ariela has been down this road many times, and realizes that trying to push the princess doesn't work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I do think a few of the people wanted to get on a reality show and this was their best option. Stephanie (with Erika in Australia) on the last season of 90 Day Fiance comes to mind. Last time I traveled out of the country it wore me out and I would never air my personal life on tv so I'm with you that it's hard to understand that mindset.

This is reason #1 why this show is poised to jump the shark. Too much fakiness. 

• Love 10

Can someone please have Britney explain how she went from sugar daddy 80 year olds to the son of a Jordanian fishmonger and we're supposed to believe that it was organic in some way? Fuck that story.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

Ariela's cutting marks (or what certainly looks like cutting marks) on her upper arms were very visible in her sundress.

Clear, horizontal scars of approximately 2-3", all up and down her upper arms.

There's definitely something going on here that's not being discussed, which is why I believe her mom is trying to be overprotective of her.  Adding a baby into what seems to me like a very unstable girl, with her parents so far away, has her mom very concerned.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

AS far as the prevalence of the conditions you cite in other countries, it's probably pretty difficult to ensure you're comparing apples to apples given a relative wide variation in the availability of healthcare and people going to the doctor for various checkups where that stuff would be discovered. But there's no one that just "knows how to live with germs," germs don't give a fuck about that.  

Years ago I used to work in neurology.  I remember a research study done about stroke.  It was between people in NYC and their relatives in the Caribbean.  It turned out that the relatives in the Caribbean had lower blood pressure and cholesterol than the people in NYC.  So there is that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Solar/wind generated power hooked up to a bank of batteries to store power for use in a brown/blackout possible for a residence?

The Western appliances were a metaphor for Areola's mother setting up her daughter and grandbaby in a living situation that as safe and comfortable as Ari is used to in her spoiled life.

Still think the apartment was staged to be a mess for faux dramatic effect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ari did  work before she moved to Ethiopia.   She could contribute  to improve the housing situation. This is the modern age and all. Bini is trying hard but he's not a wealthy man & I don't think it is irrational to pitch in to help improve conditions. To start with, I'd be buying a toilet seat for sure and some cleaning products. 

Sumit won't change. Jenny doesn't get that. But she's determined to whine her way through India at this point until liar pants finds another elderly lady online to fool. I don't believe he's that eager to marry Jenny. He started this as a catfishing scheme but it ballooned into this. He is most likely enjoying the fame he is getting from the show. I don't trust him. He's never been honest and most liars continue to lie. 

Brittnay is lucky there is a film crew around to protect her. I would not put it past Yazan to use physical violence. The Mother seemed like she was ready to rumble. Maybe Brit sees this as a game and she can be the bold modern woman and get her way. That's not going to happen.  I did laugh when she told Yazan that maybe he better go marry his cousin.  *SNAP.* 

Jihoon, this isn't a video game. It isn't game over. It is pathetic that he folded so easily. Gotta have those naps, right? Run back home to Mommy and Daddy. 

Continue to love Kenny and Armando. They're so refreshingly normal, sweet and caring people. They are the love story we all want and need. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Years ago I used to work in neurology.  I remember a research study done about stroke.  It was between people in NYC and their relatives in the Caribbean.  It turned out that the relatives in the Caribbean had lower blood pressure and cholesterol than the people in NYC.  So there is that.

And I don't think its just the prevalence of fast food chains, it is also the type of meals being cooked. We rarely ate out. Meals consisted of fresh fruits and veg. My aunt would go to El Mercado to pick items for the days meal or sometimes, you would encounter someone on the side of the road with a stand selling fresh mangoes. 

• Love 4
Just now, libgirl2 said:

And I don't think its just the prevalence of fast food chains, it is also the type of meals being cooked. We rarely ate out. Meals consisted of fresh fruits and veg. My aunt would go to El Mercado to pick items for the days meal or sometimes, you would encounter someone on the side of the road with a stand selling fresh mangoes. 

That was one of the reasons, more fresh foods there.  And this was in the Dominican Republic.  

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Still think the apartment was staged to be a mess for faux dramatic effect.

While the apartment is clearly more than a week or 2 away from completion, it didn't look much different than any raw contruction site in the US.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Brittany and Yazan - what a trainwreck. Brittany has been very clear that she has no intention of converting. It is pointless to try, Yazan. She's right in that maybe you can marry one of your cousins. Brittany at this point has zero interest in the Muslim way of life or its faith. She is unlikely to change. I think she put off her dad visiting in January so the divorce can maybe work its way through the system and she doesn't have to tell you that she cannot marry you because she is still married. She didn't want to wear the hijab so she wouldn't ruin her expensive wig. All the two of you have done is fight since she landed. You bringing her to meet your parents was a disaster. She is lucky that your parents did not speak in English to her. What came out of their mouths was horrifying and unacceptable. I understand their hopes that you marry her soon, but there was no excuse to call her a prostitute or call her out for her social media. She also has no idea that if she marries you that she becomes your property to use and abuse. Your screaming at her may get much much worse. She should run, dump you, and find someone more suitable and less volatile.

I totally agree, well said! This is not even just a religion/cultural problem. It is a man who has already shown volatile  anger issues. And that issue first showed itself in the parking lot of the airport. Anyone with half a brain would have turned around, gone right back into the airport, and booked the first flight home.  If he reacted like he did in a public place seconds after she arrived, I can only imagine what will happen if they marry and she does something in private to anger him. Run girl!

ETA: I realize that Yazan isn't the whole problem in this situation. I am just saying that Brittany may be getting into something much more dangerous than her American woman attitude may be able to get her out of.

Edited by lilysmom
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

When Bini was making the bed, Ari even said, "I don't know how to do that.  I don't know how to do anything." 

And she's having a baby. How pathetic. If she was living back in the US I'm sure her parents would hire a nanny for her but what is she going to do in Ethiopia? Above all else, why would a spoiled brat that doesn't know how to do anything want to have a baby? Boggles my mind. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

And she's having a baby. How pathetic. If she was living back in the US I'm sure her parents would hire a nanny for her but what is she going to do in Ethiopia? Above all else, why would a spoiled brat that doesn't know how to do anything want to have a baby? Boggles my mind. 

This mentality of hers speaks to the upbringing she had, a cardiologist and a nurse in Princeton: no matter what insane adventure or fuck up she was on, her parents had the resources to help her out, and were really supportive over the course of her life. For good or ill, her life has always "just sort of worked out" according to her I'm sure, when reality is "It worked out when my parents helped me financially or legally." It's just what parents do a lot of the time, especially parents with money, and it's really hard to avoid. It always comes from a place of good intention, and you're not talking about overdrawing a checking account or something trivial. What is a parent going to do when their daughter calls them from Ethiopia and says "I need to get this baby and I out of here, there's a civil war going on here," say "Sorry, hope you learned your lesson"? 

• Love 6

Thinking Britt made a bunch of promises to Ma and Pa Yazoo when she first met them on her last visit.

Britt agreed to change her ways so they would like her with no intention of keeping any of her empty promises once safely back in the US.

They tolerated their son's choice of bride because she made them believe she would start studying Islam, convert,  stop making slutty entries on SM, and prepare to be Yazoo's wife and a living life as a Muslim in their family.

When she did none of these things Mom Yazoo was fed up. She's the enforcer in the family, Pa Yazoo is the softie.

Over hearing Yazoo calling Britt baby with Britt saying I'm not a baby, Mom Yazoo's chilling calm voice telling her that if her son says she's a baby then she is a baby...Yazoo is always right.

It was the mother's stone cold tone that was the red flag......

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This mentality of hers speaks to the upbringing she had, a cardiologist and a nurse in Princeton: no matter what insane adventure or fuck up she was on, her parents had the resources to help her out, and were really supportive over the course of her life. For good or ill, her life has always "just sort of worked out" according to her I'm sure, when reality is "It worked out when my parents helped me financially or legally." It's just what parents do a lot of the time, especially parents with money, and it's really hard to avoid. It always comes from a place of good intention, and you're not talking about overdrawing a checking account or something trivial. What is a parent going to do when their daughter calls them from Ethiopia and says "I need to get this baby and I out of here, there's a civil war going on here," say "Sorry, hope you learned your lesson"? 

My thought is once she has the baby and has to get things from the market place or find a good pediatrician or even try to find a Mommy and Me class of some sort...suddenly the adventure of living in Ethiopia will seem a bit much and that Princeton may not be edgy but it is easier to take care of a baby when everything you need is readily available as well as clean water, parks, and decent plumbing.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

For some people, babies are like pets or accessories. Maybe she will pass the kid to her parents when she gets bored.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

That was one of the reasons, more fresh foods there.  And this was in the Dominican Republic.  

Yes. People still go hungry, but most could have a diet of fresh foods. I loved stopping on the way home from wherever at a small raodside place because we needed some fresh pineapple. So good. Our every morning getting a fresh bread delivery. 

24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Is she capable of taking care of a child? 

• Love 2
(edited)

When Yazan first dropped Brittany at the hotel after her flight, he wouldn't go to her room because it was unacceptable for an unmarried coupole to be  in a hotel room together. Yet in this episode, we see Yazan knock on her hotel room door and go into  in in her room where they are alone (pretending no cameras) . Why was it unacceptable one day and ok the next?

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Wow, Jenny just doesn't blame Summit for anything.  It's always someone else's fault.  His parents made him get married.  His wife and father-in-law are making him pay back the dowry (money THEY gave to his family, but obviously they spent it and now Summit is playing the "poor me" victim of these terrible people wanting THEIR money back).  His friends didn't tell Jenny that Summit was married.  We never saw her grill Summit like she did the friend.  Jenny, it's Summit that you need to grill-but just know he won't tell you the truth.

I may be hard-hearted, but I didn't need to spend 10 minutes watching Armando's arts and crafts project...

Brittany is horrible-uncaring about her promises to convert and marry Yazin and how it would impact his family.  Uncaring about ignorant statements about being Muslim versus being black.  Uncaring about the customs and expectation of a country in which she is a tourist.  Go home.

I did not care for Ari's mother-"I'm not a snob, but..."  Instead of telling Bini what was wrong with everything he was trying to do for her daughter, she should have been telling Ari what she needs to do in order to get ready for the baby.  This is often a result of helicoptering parenting-it will just never end as the child doesn't care about decisions/circumstances as he/she knows that the parent(s) will always step in to "fix" the consequences.  It is time to start letting Ari try to figure out how to deal with the decisions that she has made.

I find it interesting during Deaven and Jihoon's scenes that Deaven keeps telling him that he has to be responsible for his kids.  Well, Jihoon has a child.  The other child is Deaven's with someone else.  Yet, she expects Jihoon to take responsibility for Druscilla.  Deaven very much wants others to "fix" the consequences of her decisions.  She chose Jihoon-now there's a consequence.  I think that Jihoon thinks that if he tells someone how "sorry" he is that he has no responsibility beyond that.

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought is once she has the baby and has to get things from the market place or find a good pediatrician or even try to find a Mommy and Me class of some sort...suddenly the adventure of living in Ethiopia will seem a bit much and that Princeton may not be edgy but it is easier to take care of a baby when everything you need is readily available as well as clean water, parks, and decent plumbing.  

Please let there be a scene where she asks Binyam "Is there a Mommy and Me class? You know, at the Montessori nearby?"

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I find it interesting during Deaven and Jihoon's scenes that Deaven keeps telling him that he has to be responsible for his kids.  Well, Jihoon has a child.  The other child is Deaven's with someone else.  Yet, she expects Jihoon to take responsibility for Druscilla. 

There are many women who think that if you marry them, you are now responsible for all their kid, even the ones you didn't help make. Crazy!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I did not care for Ari's mother-"I'm not a snob, but..."  Instead of telling Bini what was wrong with everything he was trying to do for her daughter, she should have been telling Ari what she needs to do in order to get ready for the baby.  This is often a result of helicoptering parenting-it will just never end as the child doesn't care about decisions/circumstances as he/she knows that the parent(s) will always step in to "fix" the consequences.  It is time to start letting Ari try to figure out how to deal with the decisions that she has made.

There is something very wrong going on in this situation. 

• Love 3

To me, Ari's facial expressions/reactions do not seem to fit the situation she is going to be in. Reminds me of Nicole's. Almost like they are looking at the reality of the situation, but seeing an alternate universe where everything is just hunky dorey and they will live happily ever after. Hope I'm wrong! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

While he expressed what he expected in a relationship he said it to the wrong person...if being a Muslim and having a mate that can keep his culture at home and teach their children to abide by the religious culture, etc...why look to someone who is the opposite of your culture? Why try to make a person that has pushed back at the mere suggestion of learning your rituals and following simple rules about drinking and hugging men, etc...why ask for the drama and embarrassing your family?  

Because Yazan has seen the wild, hot Brittany, and THAT'S what he wants.  But he expects Brittany to play the part of the subservient, submissive, conservative Muslim housewife.  He has been hinting to her all along that she should convert, get married immediately, and always wear a hijab.  She has been hinting to him all along that she has no plans to do any of that.    I personally believe that Yazan is more concerned over what his parents & the general public see in Brittany.  Maybe he should move to Florida.  Then he can do all the drugs and/or alcohol he wants.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Irritable said:

I can’t wrap my mind around “we don’t refrigerate” as an accepted practice in 2020. If you have electricity, then why would you ever just choose to not have some form of refrigerator?  Just a little one? Beyond my comprehension.

I don’t know why Jenny is in a hurry to marry Sumit.  He lives with her, they are hours away from his parents, they can be together all the time now, so I don’t see the big problem with waiting for the divorce process to complete as long as they have each other in every other way.

Tons of people around the world don't refrigerate.  They shop every day for the food to eat that day.  And if they're not eating a lot of meat or dairy, there's no need to refrigerate either.  

I think part of Jenny's deal is that without being married, she can only be there for 6 months and I don't think she can work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

To me, Ari's facial expressions/reactions do not seem to fit the situation she is going to be in. Reminds me of Nicole's. Almost like they are looking at the reality of the situation, but seeing an alternate universe where everything is just hunky dorey and they will live happily ever after. Hope I'm wrong! 

I look at her goofy grin and read her thoughts as "Well, I tried cutting myself to get their attention (because bad attention counts, too).  Now that I've outgrown that, what else can I do to get a rise out of Mama?  I know . . . I'll get pregnant by some guy in a third-world country and pretend I'm going to move there and raise their grandchild in squalor.  THAT should fix 'em!!!"

She learned Behavior to Make Your Parents Crazy from Nicole.

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

When Yazan first dropped Brittany at the hotel after her flight, he wouldn't go to her room because it was unacceptable for an unmarried coupole to be  in a hotel room together. Yet in this episode, we see Yazan knock on her hotel room door and go into  in in her room where they are alone (pretending no cameras) . Why was it unacceptable one day and ok the next?

Because the second time was in daylight, without hotel staff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Kangatush said:

I think part of Jenny's deal is that without being married, she can only be there for 6 months and I don't think she can work.

Not only that, she won't qualify for their health care system, and Medicare doesn't cover you in India.

3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I look at her goofy grin and read her thoughts as "Well, I tried cutting myself to get their attention (because bad attention counts, too).  Now that I've outgrown that, what else can I do to get a rise out of Mama?  I know . . . I'll get pregnant by some guy in a third-world country and pretend I'm going to move there and raise their grandchild in squalor.  THAT should fix 'em!!!"

She learned Behavior to Make Your Parents Crazy from Nicole.

I think you have a good point. And Mama falls for it all the time. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Because Yazan has seen the wild, hot Brittany, and THAT'S what he wants.  But he expects Brittany to play the part of the subservient, submissive, conservative Muslim housewife.  He has been hinting to her all along that she should convert, get married immediately, and always wear a hijab.  She has been hinting to him all along that she has no plans to do any of that.    I personally believe that Yazan is more concerned over what his parents & the general public see in Brittany.  Maybe he should move to Florida.  Then he can do all the drugs and/or alcohol he wants.

Brittany doesn't want a flesh and blood human.  She wants a cardboard cutout that will let her do what she wants when she wants, so she can't say, "Men's not controlling me."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Because the second time was in daylight, without hotel staff.

It’s like those parents who think teens only have sex at midnight not after school lol.

I missed the part where Areola said she doesn’t know how to make a bed.  She’s almost 30, was married for like seven years, and can’t fucking make a bed?  She never made her bed growing up or as an overnight guest?  

• Love 3

Okay, Brit is ridiculous, unintelligent, and shallow as a dry riverbed, but a couple of things in her defense:

When Yazan dropped her off to stay at the hotel alone she was surprised & didn't she say they had stayed together before?

She keeps saying Yazan is acting so different this visit (maybe bc he figures it's marriage time so he owns her now) and seemed genuinely surprised by his behavior at the airport & in the car.

Not all Muslims are strict, just like not all Christians & Jews are Orthodox or Fundamentalist. She may have thought & he may have led her to believe that the Islam he & his family practice is very different.  She said at least twice that they were lovely to her on other visits (plural) so all this yelling & changing clothes is new (though we know from photographs she's worn the hijab before)

On the other hand, saying he should marry one of his cousins was racist as fuck and if she feels that way, what's she doing even flirting with a guy from that part of the world, much less promising to marry him? (Tho, who knows, maybe he said he had his eye on a cousin.  Wow, look at me, I can come up with a reason to defend just about everyone -- except abusers like Yazan or liars like Sumit & Jihoon or gaslighters like Colt or anyone like whatever Baby Girl Lisa is )

• Love 3

Yazoo said his parents would prefer he marry a relative and that it is common in their family.

Maybe because cameras weren’t preserving everything to be shown to family and friends he was a lot more tolerant of her behavior on prior trips.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kath94 said:

He has been hinting to her all along that she should convert, get married immediately, and always wear a hijab.  She has been hinting to him all along that she has no plans to do any of that.

And all that hinting is a huge part of the problem.  Neither one has just come out and clearly stated what they want/expect.  Early in the episode, didn't she say something about not wanting to deal with a problem, they would handle it later?

And she can just stop the "they don't respect me" when she's hiding the fact that she's still married.

• Love 4

I'm guessing this is the first time Brittany said she's not converting, and never even considered it, and that she will never be the wife Yazan wants.    I don't blame the mother for putting her foot down, and it's about the time someone did.    The fact that Brittany never even tried to get a divorce is a big red flag for me.   If she would have started the process when she met Yazan, then she would be divorced now. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

MO, this is the end of their story.  She will be on the next plane home.   

God, I hope so. Sick of her and her attitude. She’s doing it all for fame. 

• Love 3

Can someone tell me why they think Brittney told Yazan to go marry his cousin?  I understand why someone who is from the USA might make that comment to some people who live in a certain state in this country.  I won't name it here, since, I think it's an unfair stereotype. It implies that people in this state marry their relatives, because they are poorly educated, poorly socialized and live in rural areas where a selection of a non-relative might be difficult, but, why  did Brittney say that to Yazan in Jordan?  I didn't get it.  It she implying the same thing? 

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone tell me why they think Brittney told Yazan to go marry his cousin?  . . . Why  did Brittney say that to Yazan in Jordan?  

According to Google, about 1/3 of marriages in Jordan involve first cousins . . . and "it appears that prevalence is associated with a Muslim affiliation."  So the percentage of Jordanian Muslims marrying a first cousin would be higher than 33%.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Brittany doesn't want a flesh and blood human.  She wants a cardboard cutout that will let her do what she wants when she wants, so she can't say, "Men's not controlling me."

And an Instagram life in Jordan with a hot Jordanian husband. 

9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone tell me why they think Brittney told Yazan to go marry his cousin?  I understand why someone who is from the USA might make that comment to some people who live in a certain state in this country.  I won't name it here, since, I think it's an unfair stereotype. It implies that people in this state marry their relatives, because they are poorly educated, poorly socialized and live in rural areas where a selection of a non-relative might be difficult, but, why  did Brittney say that to Yazan in Jordan?  I didn't get it.  It she implying the same thing? 

I'm not sure why she said it, what her motives were.  I do know in some Arabic/Muslim communities, marrying a cousin is not unusual.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone tell me why they think Brittney told Yazan to go marry his cousin?

Because he said it during one of his voice overs or talking heads. He said his parents would have preferred if he married aa relative, like a cousin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3