Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 25: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)

Mike was a great option to be the first black Bachelor but instead we got wimpy Pete. Matt James looks like a catch and is also a good choice. This is way overdue on the part of the creators of the show but they need to do more than one and done after 24 seasons.  I would have loved to see Tayshia instead of Clare as the Bachelorette.

Edited by TheFinalRose
  • Love 2

And I guarantee that if they could have talked Tyler Cameron into taking the gig, Matt would have gone right back to being simply a member of his entourage. 

Don't like Matt, not sure why.  But it's a long time til filming, so no telling what may happen.  

But regardless of how Matt's status became lead, it wasn't because of a couple of weeks of online, social media griping.  The network doesn't make those decisions based on what a few thousand people "shout" behind their anonymous keyboards.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

But regardless of how Matt's status became lead, it wasn't because of a couple of weeks of online, social media griping.  The network doesn't make those decisions based on what a few thousand people "shout" behind their anonymous keyboards.  

I'm pretty sure the only reason he was going to be on Clare's season was to set him up as the next Bachelor, so yeah, the only think all the "shouting" prompted was a premature announcement. 

The more I see of Matt the more I think I would have preferred Mike. IDK, he, like Tyler, seems to be trying for the "I'm too cool for this shit" while also screaming "pick me pick me!!!!!" I hope he proves me wrong. I will check out his season if only to support diversity and hope he is more genuine than I currently think. And I don't mean "right reasons" and all that shit. I know that everyone who goes on this show now does it for their brand. I just feel like he's riding Tyler's shirttails and Tyler has bought into his own hype a bit. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Credit: Reality Steve/Twitter

In a few years, the Bachelor contestant lineup will look like this: Lauren A., Instagram influencer; Lauren B., YouTuber, Lauren C., LION*; Lauren D., TikToker; Lauren E., Pinterest board creator; etc. 

*This is a real thing; it stands for LinkedIn Open Networker and means that person will accept any connection request. I've seen people use the acronym LION after their name like they would an academic degree or professional certification.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Reality Steve has been breaking down the girls all day.  Pleasantly surprised that they actually decided to go with a more diverse cast.  Shocking for ABC/casting.

Interesting bit from RS: Madison Nelson is Matt's ex.  Dated him summer of 2019.   Why she thought coming on the show would be a good idea, I have no idea.  Lets see if she lasts more than one night, if she even makes it to the show.

And it will be interesting to see which ones make it to the show and which ones will have to find a new way to Instagram followers.

• Love 1
(edited)

The notable people that you have seen on FB page:

• Mariela Pepin, goes by the name Mari during the show, she was Miss Maryland USA 2019 and placed in top 10 at Miss USA 2019. Competed with Alayah and Victoria P from last season
  • Catalina Morales, she was Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2015 and went unplaced in Miss Universe 2015
  • Kit Keenan, the daughter of fashion designer Cynthia Rowley
  • Kennedy Taylor, a cheerleader of Washington football team (formerly known as Washington Redskins)
  • Katie Thurston, a famous TikToker with 233.3k followers
Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1

RS also mentioned that Abigail is partially deaf and wears hearing aids. 

If she makes the final cut for night one, I think she's the first since Sarah Herron that has been cast with some type of handicap.  

• Love 2
On 10/8/2020 at 9:25 AM, CindyBee said:

RS also mentioned that Abigail is partially deaf and wears hearing aids. 

If she makes the final cut for night one, I think she's the first since Sarah Herron that has been cast with some type of handicap.  

They will have to be real careful with her on water dates.  Those aids run in the mid-4 to low-5 figures and simply cannot get wet.  I have one and am deathly afraid of getting it wet and shorting it out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

In Reality Steve's new blog, he says that Abigail received Matt's first impression rose.  And she was born deaf and has cochlear implants, not hearing aids.

So it sounds like she's going to make a positive impression and could end up being a fan favorite.   Wouldn't be surprised if she's in the running for Bachelorette, if she and Matt don't end up together.

• Love 2

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but that was a VERY smart first impression rose choice from Matt if he wants the Bachelor fans who don't know who he is to like him. Much smarter than wimpy Peter giving his to the Instagram model who interrupted the other women 700 times on the first night.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Why are there no new spoilers since the 1st impression🌹 over a month ago. Surely they’re almost done filming by now and with the season airing in January, shouldn’t we have more by now?

It is probably more challenging with them all sequestered in one resort... no out and about in public.  

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Question.  What's a good spot to keep up with Bachelor Nation?  Thanks.

Do you mean current/former participants on the shows, or other fans? A lot of the participants, especially of the more recent seasons (past five years or so) seem to be active on Instagram, so you can follow them there. As for other fan communities, I believe Reddit has some active ones, but I don't use Reddit much, so I can't say for sure.

• Love 3
(edited)

Tidbits for S25 spoilers coming from Reality Steve:

• The five women are not part in the original cast: Brittany, Catalina, Kim L, Michelle and Ryan will be joined the cast in week 2 Rose Ceremony
  • Victoria will be the season's villain
  • 8 women are eliminated in the first rose ceremony: Alana, Alicia, Amber, Carolyn, Corrine, Emani, Kimberly C and Saneh
  • Three women are part in the original cast: Rachael, Serena P and Bri, and the aforementioned Michelle from the additional cast will be the F4

Steve said there are no spoilers haven't been published during the course of Clayshia's season airing.

Link: https://realitysteve.com/2021/01/04/spoilers-for-matts-season/

Edited by ApprenticeFan
correction from the latest episode
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

RS seems to suggest, though he's not 100% sure, that Rachel - 2nd one out of the limo - gets the final rose. 

Interesting news coming out about her, although not surprising considering where she grew up.  Shaking my head at the irony....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrice2 said:

Interesting news coming out about her, although not surprising considering where she grew up.  Shaking my head at the irony....

What interesting news?    This is the spoiler thread.  Can you summarize or provide a link?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

What interesting news?    This is the spoiler thread.  Can you summarize or provide a link?

Guessing this is referring to some girl on TikTok saying she went to high school with Rachael and that she was a bully/racist. Reality Steve briefly covered it on his site if you're curious to see more. 

It may well be true, Rachael may be a terrible person (I don't know her and never will!) but I also think it's worth noting that anyone can say anything about anyone on TikTok or social media with very little/no proof. Guess we'll have to wait and see if anything more comes out. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Yep, just like anyone can come on a national television show and pretend to have feelings for people, etc. for Instagram likes, a Social Media career, media opportunties, etc.  with no proof that they really are these "nice" people in real life, but millions fall for it and make them wealthy.  So we all can choose to believe whatever we want until there is evidence to the contrary.... they literally went after Demario with little proof and although I know very little about the the guy on Tayshia's  season situation, where was the proof in that other than her friends saying one thing and his saying another?  And interviewing people from Twitter, which I guess is more reputable than Tik Tok? Not saying she is not telling the truth but in most of these situations who really knows? 

• Love 1

Rachel was the one that stood out to me on the first episode.  She got several little talking moments that made me think Hmmm.  And this was before I knew that RS had put her in the top 4.  I thought she was being edited to go far on the show. 

• Love 2
On 1/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

Victoria will be the season's villain

EGAD!   So easy it's a waste of time.   Did Matt demand a bonus for giving her a rose?   Again, EGAD!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Being deaf sucks, no doubt about it.  But Abigail's cochlear implants, in this situation, could be right up there with having a superpower.  All that screaming and she can just click and not hear any of it.

Thats exactly what she said during the bachelor happy hour interview. She said she could barely hear during the group dates so she didn't participate... I love that.. I am worried that she wasn't shown in the preview.. 

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 1

Reality Steve has posted the F4 spoilers and placements for the season:

The day of the premiere, I’d given you the spoilers that 3 of Matt’s final 4 women were: Rachael, Serena P, and Michelle (who shows up next week), with Bri probably being the other one in the final four. I can confirm Bri is definitely in the final four. Right now, I have Matt’s final four breakdown looking like this:

4th- Serena Pitt
3rd – Bri Springs
2nd – Michelle Young
1st – Rachael Kirkconnell

I still haven’t gotten the confirmation I need in terms of Rachael, but what I was told post-show, everyone in Cumming, GA running their mouth and saying Matt chose Rachael, along now with the Spotify slip-up, it certainly is pointing in that direction. Have I also been told he picked Bri? Yeah, I have. So clearly he didn’t pick two people, meaning one of those is flat out wrong. That’s why I say I’m trying to confirm things. Signs point to Rachael. I’m just looking for something even more solid than what’s out there. Word of mouth has never been good enough for me. I will keep at it and hopefully be able to get a solid confirmation of who he chose soon.

Source: https://realitysteve.com/2021/01/19/the-bachelor-matt-episode-3-recap-a-spotify-slip-up-more-on-sarah/

• Useful 1
On 1/6/2021 at 5:42 PM, Crashcourse said:

I never noticed his lithp but I'll pay attention next episode.

I've noticed it from the beginning, but it's only on some "S" sounds--not all.  I think he has had a lot of (successful) speech therapy.  I'm glad he doesn't seem self-conscious about it.

Ok. I know who Serena is because she had a 1:1 date this week. Do any of these other women have any memorable moments that would help to pinpoint who they are? Everyone keeps talking about Rachel, and I THOUGHT she was the deaf one who got the first-impression rose, but my friend told me that she was someone else—but wasn’t able to give me enough details  for me to get it. She said she got the group date rose, but I don’t recall who got that! All I know was that Sarah showed up and I don’t even remember him giving the rose to anyone or who else was even on the date other than the dildo girl lurking behind the partition. I need about 20 more of them to go home before I’ll know who everyone is.

• Love 3