Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Love Him and Leave Them

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m not impressed with Scott either, but it took me awhile to see how strange the situation is.  I never thought he was a good looking guy.  He seems bland to me.  I think it shows a lack of boundaries that his first date with Tinsley lasted five days and then he dumped her like a hot potato.  Everyone said at the time that Tinsley wanted a husband and Scott wanted a girlfriend, which is what made them incompatible, and I guess there is some evidence of that.  

Let’s look at Tinsley’s history:  her first marriage had to be annulled (before she got remarried and divorced) because Tinsley and Topper weren’t allowed to be married at boarding school.  Very strange.  Then she’s arrested for trespassing on Nico Fanjul’s property when there was an order of protection against her (that she claims to have not known about) at the age of 40.  Then there was Chad, who was 23, who Tinsley met, jumped in his lap and made out with and went on more dates with serious PDA.  Later on that season, she continued that MO with Scott, and last season she did the same thing with a guy Bethenny introduced her to in Miami.  That’s a lot of baggage going on.  

On this episode, I realized how unhealthy this dynamic between the two of them is.  The chyron told us that Dorinda’s tea party had been “last week,” which was when Tinsley was very upset that the trip to Niagara Falls had been revealed because she was completely convinced this thing with Scott wasn’t going to work out.  

The next week she is moving to Chicago and saying if she doesn’t take this opportunity “now,” she’ll regret it?  So, as of last week, Tinsley was emphatic she and Scott weren’t seeing each other, and this week she has to run like a thief in the night to be with him in Chicago?  It doesn’t make any sense to me.  It sounds like Scott is telling her “jump,” and she’s saying “how high?”

I don’t give Tinsley the benefit of the doubt that she is an adult and she knows what is best, because as I outlined above, she has made some really poor relationship choices as an adult.  Do I care?  Does it keep me up at night?  Nooo...but this is a reality show, so I comment on the reality I see on my screen and I form predictions and make opinions.  I think Luann’s relationship with Tom was unhealthy, and I can name a thousand different reasons, and of course it’s their choice, but I still get to comment on it.  If I knew any of them in real life, I would keep my opinions to myself, but I would also create distance.  I wouldn’t want to be there for the fallout.  

I’m not even going to get into the pathology that would have to take place for Tinsley to be jumping at the opportunity to be with Scott in order to get away from the toxic women on the show.  If Tinsley, at 44, can’t walk away from an unfavorable situation without a man waiting in the wings to swoop her up, then I have no words.  

Excellent point made up thread about whether a date has been set.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they wound up not marrying at all.  What has changed with Scott?   We don’t know, because Tinsley doesn’t talk about it.  And if they do marry, I’m not sure I see the marriage lasting more than a couple of years.  I doubt these two will grow old together.  I have a feeling that Tinsley Mortimer will be trying to make yet another comeback in New York in her early fifties.  

These are all just predictions.  I hope they get married and live happily ever after.  I hope I’m wrong.  I have just never seen this relationship have a healthy moment.  Way too much breaking up and getting back together over a period of years for me to think there’s something lifelong and lasting here.  I also don’t know why she professes to love him, the same way that Luann didn’t really have good reasons as to why she thought she and Tom were a good fit when asked at the season eight reunion.  And their marriage lasted seven months.  Too many parallels here for me not to see a red flag.

I think it was at the season ten reunion that Andy asked if Tinsley and Scott were seeing other people while they were apart and Tinsley said that Scott was seeing other people, and she just had to be mature about this one thing for the first time in her life.  Scott was like 37 at the time, about 15 years too old to need to sow his wild oats before settling down.  The fact that Scott was seeing other people when Tinsley was waiting in the wings means that he had a problem settling down with her, specifically, and It wasn’t because he was too busy to date, or too mentally unhealthy to date, or too wounded from a past relationship, etc.  So, given that there is no evidence that Scott has changed since then, because Tinsley doesn’t talk about him (she’ll talk about her feelings for him, but she would rarely talk about Scott), I am left to the conclusion that this is a bad idea.  Given that an engagement is not a legal arrangement, I wouldn’t believe there had been a solid change unless they walk down the aisle.  And even then I still put it at less than 50-50.

Selfishly, I want it to be a good idea and for them to ride off into the wild blue yonder so that she doesn’t come back to RHNYC like Bethenny, but there is too much from Tinsley’s past with Scott and other partners that give me pause.  I get the impression that a lot of the decisions Tinsley makes are alcohol-fueled.  I think she’d be a much different person if she didn’t drink so much and I would trust her decisions more. 

Well, I hate to say it but, there’s always Divorce.  Either it will last, or it won’t.  She’s looking around at all the other women who are miserable and figured “why not”, this is my chance.

• Love 7

For me personally, I would never agree to take back a man who was so unsure of me that he had to break it off several times to supposedly figure it out. But that’s just who I am 

I hope it works out but it concerns me how many times they broke up and got back together. I never got the impression Scott was as into Tinsley as she was into him, but maybe that was just the show's editing. We didn't see that much of Scott. 

What’s up with Ramona and Luann and then Sonja reversing themselves and pretending to be happy for Tinsley?  

LuAnn and Ramona were two sneaky bitches.  They went to say good bye, kissing and hugging Tinsley a million times.  Why didn’t they do that at the table in front of Captain Dorinda?  Afraid?  Phonies.

It didn't seem genuine to me. I took it as them trying to save face now that they realized Tinsley was leaving the show. They are cowards. When Dorinda was there, they aligned themselves with her and piled onto the Tinsley bullying train. Horrible behavior. 

UGH! Why do we have to watch Luann’s behind-the-scenes cabaret crap?  Bad singing was one thing, but now we will subjected to bad comedy?  If those auditions were any indication, I’d say it’s more of a ca-BORE-ay show! 

ITA. I fast-forwarded it. 

I'm kind of surprised Dorinda's doubling down on social media. I guess she's content being the villain of the season. Her jealousy is so apparent.

I'm assuming Tinsley won't come to the reunion (if there is one). I'm glad, because she'd get pummeled by these hateful women. I hope she and Scott actually get married.

Assuming there is another reason, if Dorinda comes back, I won't be watching. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I hope it works out but it concerns me how many times they broke up and got back together. I never got the impression Scott was as into Tinsley as she was into him, but maybe that was just the show's editing. We didn't see that much of Scott. 

It didn't seem genuine to me. I took it as them trying to save face now that they realized Tinsley was leaving the show. They are cowards. When Dorinda was there, they aligned themselves with her and piled onto the Tinsley bullying train. Horrible behavior. 

ITA. I fast-forwarded it. 

I'm kind of surprised Dorinda's doubling down on social media. I guess she's content being the villain of the season. Her jealousy is so apparent.

I'm assuming Tinsley won't come to the reunion (if there is one). I'm glad, because she'd get pummeled by these hateful women. I hope she and Scott actually get married.

Assuming there is another reason, if Dorinda comes back, I won't be watching. 

Dorinda is the big question.  On BH, how did Bravo let Kyle’s sister Kim go?  Did she leave on her own to seek help from alcohol, or did Bravo let her go?  Dorinda is much worse than Kim was.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dale was the cause of some of the friction. That woman is suffocating! Her behavior and influence over Tinsley could be a deal breaker. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dale was the cause of some of the friction. That woman is suffocating! Her behavior and influence over Tinsley could be a deal breaker. 

You mean Dale making Tinsley try on wedding gowns, (for no reason), and then look at photos of her eggs on ice and crying about it on camera, you would consider that suffocating or manipulative? I am surprised Scott ever went near Tinsley again after that pitiful scene.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Dorinda is the big question.  On BH, how did Bravo let Kyle’s sister Kim go?  Did she leave on her own to seek help from alcohol, or did Bravo let her go?  Dorinda is much worse than Kim was.

The difference with Kim on RHBH is that Kim is an admitted alcoholic.  She realized she needed help, and she's now sober.  Dorinda will never admit that she has a problem.

It used to be fun to watch Dorinda get drunk, wave her arms all about, yell that she "Made it Nice!!!", and be sober the next day, completely lucid.  But now it's fallen into tragic territory, where it's like watching Grey Gardens unfold right before our eyes.   

Adding Sonja, Ramona, and LuAnn's collective attempts at proving their continued desirability, and it's just a sad thing to watch.

Sonja is an unfortunate shadow of her earlier seasons' self, with her new tiny apartment, multiple failed businesses, and she has unfortunately lost control of one asset I always admired:  her stunning figure.

Ramona is just a sad person who never had love from her father and always felt less-than, despite all that many years of therapy could have provided.  Seems she chose cameras rather than therapy couches to prove she's this hot, sexy thing, bringing any man who shows the tiniest bit of interest onto camera with her.  She surrounds herself with "her 60 best girlfriends" to prove how much she is loved, when I'd be willing to bet she can't count on one hand, any of those friends who would still be there if she became flat broke, or had a major health issue.

LuAnn, while still gorgeous, is also a shadow of her former Countess/Hamptons life self.  Auditioning zero-known "comedians" for her show where she talk-sings a few songs, after we publicly watched her non-lationship with philandering Tom implode, and her subsequent jail time implosion....well it's just a sad, sad thing.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You mean Dale making Tinsley try on wedding gowns, (for no reason), and then look at photos of her eggs on ice and crying about it on camera, you would consider that suffocating or manipulative? I am surprised Scott ever went near Tinsley again after that pitiful scene.

Don't forget checking in on the frozen eggs, and the Christmas stocking power play. If he did give her an ultimatum, it should have involved her mother, not just the show. No wonder Tinsley drinks!

• Love 7

Dorinda should just go into rehab, sober up, try to get John back, work with him in the cleaners and STFU.   It not the Med, but it’s an honest profession, and she could have her parking space back, lol.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Dorinda is bad, but Kim was way worse.  She wasn't showing up, she was spending a lot of time in bathrooms likely doing drugs in addition to alcohol.  Remember that weird guy Ken she met briefly and moved in with?  Kim got arrested several times.

The worst thing Dorinda has done so far is just be a flaming asshole when drunk.  She has an alcohol problem yes, but she her life is not where Kim's was.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I have no comment on whether or not Scott is a "prize," but I do want to say that there is way more to a person than whether or not they are good-looking.  Scott seems to me to be an average-looking guy - he's neither handsome nor ugly. But he doesn't have to "good-looking" for Tinsley to either be attracted to him or to love him. 

I don't feel like I've seen enough of him to know what his personality is like and I do take the point that the on-again, off-again nature of their relationship indicates some challenges there going forward. I just don't really understand the argument that his looks should factor in as to what Tins wants from him.  If he were the best looking guy on the planet, the on-again/off-again thing would still be a cause for concern.  And again, Scott is who Tinsley seems to want, regardless of whether or not the rest of us find him physically appealing. 

He just has to have a wallet.

I love Tins, but I seriously doubt she'd be dating him if he was a GS-12.  She could very easily have found someone by now, had a kid, if it weren't for chasing the major dough.

On the off-again, on -again, I think it would be very difficult to have a steady relationship with someone doesn't live in your state and it take a plane ride to be together.  

If they were together, same state, same city and can't stay together, then that is problem.  

It sounds to me as if Tins finally decided she could live in Chicago full time and therefore, marriage can now happen.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Dorinda should just go into rehab, sober up, try to get John back, work with him in the cleaners and STFU.   It not the Med, but it’s an honest profession, and she could have her parking space back, lol.

She should sober up. She shouldn't try to get back with John.  She doesn't love him that way.  He deserves better and she deserves someone she isn't constantly comparing to her dead husband.

• Love 8
(edited)

Dorinda needs to see a real therapist and not just the bowling shirted chiropractor/life coach. And a slap upside the head couldn't hurt either.

I volunteer as tribute.

ETA-I have never slapped someone back into reality but it's an intriguing thought. See Cher as in Moonstruck. Yea I mixed in a few movies in there.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

From your lips. Sonja is a fucking monster. She essentially said she would be there when the relationship ended; she’s salivating for it to end, to grind Tinsley down some more. Dale and Sonja are both emotionally abusive parasites, and Tinsley is better than both in every way. She’s never played this up but her being a varsity tennis player at Columbia after a gap year at Habitat for Humanity so she could transfer, getting her BA and doing a stint however it came about at Vogue, the lines at Samantha Thavasa, Bed Bath & Beyond, lash line and the half-dozen at minimum other design collaborations are each real, each move is more serious and substantive, and each effort is or was more successful than anything Sonja’s done. Even including Century 21, and I loved treasure hunting in the downtown one so much, well, at least I did around 10 years ago. It’s slipped (as we can see). I digress!

I suppose I’m in my feelings this fine day but Dorinda’s baster comment and the cowardice of Ramona and LuAnn and banal basic bitch jealousy of Sonja, is all heartbreaking even when one considers the vile, washed-up, dysfunctional and functional alcoholic sources. Dorinda’s sneer was/is up there with Naked Wasted and the Mexican slurs on Dallas. There is no coming back from it ever. Ever.

Outstanding post!!

2 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

• Love 7

Given the fact that Scott has started a successful business I’m thinking that he is probably dynamic, intelligent and interesting. My younger self would have loved to meet someone like that.

• Love 17
46 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

He just has to have a wallet.

I love Tins, but I seriously doubt she'd be dating him if he was a GS-12.  She could very easily have found someone by now, had a kid, if it weren't for chasing the major dough.

On the off-again, on -again, I think it would be very difficult to have a steady relationship with someone doesn't live in your state and it take a plane ride to be together.  

If they were together, same state, same city and can't stay together, then that is problem.  

It sounds to me as if Tins finally decided she could live in Chicago full time and therefore, marriage can now happen.

I’m not trying to be grossly naive but I don’t think it’s just the wallet. I think it’s that he built his own success. Further, looks wise, Scott and her ex-husband Topper look a hell of a lot alike to me. 

• Love 8

Why is Lu choosing such ugly outfits? That sequin baseball jacket at the meeting with Ben, the manager who hasn’t decided if he’ll ever let Lu in on the joke - - was that another Jovani? I looked at the website. Every single dress would’ve hung in Krystal Carrington’s or Alexis Colby’s closet. In the previews, she’s wearing a black sweater decorated with red lips. Is it possible Alexandre guided her fashion in the early seasons? Maybe Rosie gave her clothing advice. Her wardrobe used to be understated and sophisticated.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/13/2020 at 10:52 AM, sasha206 said:

Dorinda is bad, but Kim was way worse.  She wasn't showing up, she was spending a lot of time in bathrooms likely doing drugs in addition to alcohol.  Remember that weird guy Ken she met briefly and moved in with?  Kim got arrested several times.

The worst thing Dorinda has done so far is just be a flaming asshole when drunk.  She has an alcohol problem yes, but she her life is not where Kim's was.

Dorinda is much worse because supposedly she knows better.

Kim was just an uneducated former child star who was pimped out by her stage mom. A cut rate Judy Garland.

Dorinda was a hustler who hid her essential foul character long enough to snag a rich corporate executive. A cut rate Joan Crawford.

They are just following out the rest of the script.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 14

I used to love Dorinda for her sharp one-liners and normally the voice of reason.  She is just mean and a mess this year  I have no idea why the dark brown hair girl  (Elyse?) is there.  She is boring and I didn't even know she had a name until someone posted earlier about her.  I like Leah and she fits in.  I wish Tinsley the best and hope Scott is her forever after.  Dorinda was too harsh on her, but I gather Dorinda took issue with she did not live in NY.  She had a hotel room in NY for times of shooting and I think Dorinda hated that she wasn't really living there anymore.  Just a guess.  I'm sorry, I definitely question watching this season because Bethany was my favorite.  I think they should have a much younger batch of NYers doing interesting things, maybe late 20s early 30s because there just wasn't anything to see this season.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Mar said:

They need some younger blood on there...at least get a few new faces and maybe some that are actually married. As it is now, its just a gaggle of horny 50 something divorcees. And their lives aren't even interesting. Watching Sonja launch another failed business isn't my idea of entertainment, or LuAnn acting like she's some sort of Broadway legend is just sad...as for Ramona, she brings absouloutely nothing to the table except inappropriate behavior in public and bragging about what she owns and who she knows.  Dorinda is just a nasty, mean spirited bitch...Time for a reboot Andy Cohen.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

And their lives aren't even interesting. Watching Sonja launch another failed business isn't my idea of entertainment, or LuAnn acting like she's some sort of Broadway legend is just sad...as for Ramona, she brings absouloutely nothing to the table except inappropriate behavior in public and bragging about what she owns and who she knows.

I think that most of these HWs shows follow the same formula:  someone has a fashion line; someone is an entertainer;  they all drink themselves into oblivion;  and the list goes on.  All of the shows need some new material.  Sonja used to be kind of fun to watch, but now she's wandered so far out into left field that I'm losing hope for her.  Same with Dorinda.  When you cross the line and become such a terrible person to  your co-workers, then it's time to go home, sit in the corner and think about what you've done, and don't come back out until you can behave like a civilized human being!!  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Dorinda is much worse because supposedly she knows better.

Kim was just an uneducated former child star who was pimped out by her stage mom. A cut rate Judy Garland.

Dorinda was a hustler who hid he essential foul character long enough to snag a rich corporate executive. A cut rate Joan Crawford.

They are just following out the rest of the script.

It doesn't take an education to know that drinking to excess and using drugs isn't a good thing.  People that have worse circumstances than Kim's get clean.  

People have been richer, a better hustler than  Dorinda and end up where Kim was.

Dorinda just hasn't gotten to the point Kim did.  She may never end up where she was.  She's still a drunk.  She just is functioning better.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I think that most of these HWs shows follow the same formula:  someone has a fashion line; someone is an entertainer;  they all drink themselves into oblivion;  and the list goes on.  All of the shows need some new material.  Sonja used to be kind of fun to watch, but now she's wandered so far out into left field that I'm losing hope for her.  Same with Dorinda.  When you cross the line and become such a terrible person to  your co-workers, then it's time to go home, sit in the corner and think about what you've done, and don't come back out until you can behave like a civilized human being!!  

For sure.

I do think they all get into these feudal situations with a wink and nod. Just like politics where they bash their opponent and then party with them at night.

There's a part of me thinking I shouldn't get that upset with Dorinda over her arguments.   We aren't going to watch a show where they all just get along great and never argue.  I think where she miscalculated was in going so far below the belt, esp. she won't be able to get the make-up next season edit with Tinsley.

But we've seen her slut shame Sonja one season, now they're friends.  She drunk-shamed, arrest shamed Lu, but they're friends.  

Every franchise, two castmembers are at each other's throats a season.  Then they magically make up!  Then a couple of other seasons they are back at it again.  

They are all playing a role.  Dorinda's drunkness is just giving her poor judgement on how far to go.

• Love 1

I wonder if it possible to make wholesale changes or is the franchise too far gone?

Would people enjoy a totally new cast?

They might go the Below Deck route and just have one or two familiar faces and bring on all new people. They could keep Luann and Leah and drop everyone else. Sonja and Dorinda are past their useful life on the show and Ramona is on the bubble. They might bring back Heather and Kristen if they wanted more familiar people. They are actually married and know the deal.

Something has to change if the show is to remain viable.

• Love 9
On 6/11/2020 at 9:29 PM, RedDelicious said:

Tinsley fights back like a whiny fifth grader though. I can’t. All she announced was that she and Scott were back together and she was probably moving. Dorinda was out of line but it’s not like Tinsley announced her engagement. All she said was they were “on again.” As opposed to off again. Which has happened how many times. Ugh.

I thought that was the whole point. Dorinda started doing her mean girl schtick and Tinsley jumped in imitating a fifth grade wanna-be cool girl and fawned over how kewl Dorinda was with all her put-downs.

And it seemed to work because Dorinda was briefly shut up and then got so desperate to hurt her feelings that she tried to pretending to be playful by joking about Tinsley not having children.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I'm assuming Tinsley won't come to the reunion (if there is one). I'm glad, because she'd get pummeled by these hateful women. I hope she and Scott actually get married

I hope she comes on at least for a short segment.  Just to see Dorinda lose her shit again and look like even more of a haggard bitch.

I really do wonder if Dale was an issue in the relationship- I get the impression she would have preferred someone else with her daughter.  Dale strikes me as a bit of a snob who likes to be around ‘old money’, but Tinsley really is into the fact that Scott is a self-made man and not an idle trust-fund baby.

As far as Tinsley preferring wealthy men - why not?  She is wealthy too.  People generally seek out their own kind.  

• Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I wonder if it possible to make wholesale changes or is the franchise too far gone?

Would people enjoy a totally new cast?

They might go the Below Deck route and just have one or two familiar faces and bring on all new people. They could keep Luann and Leah and drop everyone else. Sonja and Dorinda are past their useful life on the show and Ramona is on the bubble. They might bring back Heather and Kristen if they wanted more familiar people. They are actually married and know the deal.

Something has to change if the show is to remain viable.

I'm sure Avery is too smart for this, but I'd love for a "daughters of" RHONY where the moms are the "friends of."  

Avery, Lu's kids, Dorinda's daughter.  It could be a classier version of younger reality show and give the older RHO's a more graceful exit.

They could add a few 30 something singletons.

This show hasn't been had an actual housewife in ages.  Most of the franchises too.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I'm assuming Tinsley won't come to the reunion (if there is one). I'm glad, because she'd get pummeled by these hateful women. I hope she and Scott actually get m

She was on WWHL on Thursday and they gave her a nice send off so I could totally see her appearing on the reunion.

• Love 3
(edited)

Tinsley  should stay as far away from this shit show as she can. She got a nice respectful send off and it can only go down hill.

You know Dorinda will be nasty, disgusting and hateful. Why does Tinsley need to subject herself to that POS.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I thought that was the whole point. Dorinda started doing her mean girl schtick and Tinsley jumped in imitating a fifth grade wanna-be cool girl and fawned over how kewl Dorinda was with all her put-downs.

And it seemed to work because Dorinda was briefly shut up and then got so desperate to hurt her feelings that she tried to pretending to be playful by joking about Tinsley not having children.

I have a slightly different take on this...I think that Tinsley is inately a kind person who isn't prone to being down in the dirt nasty to someone. Dorinda knows this and that is why she picked on her...not a fair fight. Also, Tinsley has low self esteem. Bullies always scent out the person who is weaker and has low self esteem for abuse. When Dorinda rides up on someone who is her equal...someone who can take it and dish it out...then she's at a disadvantage. 

Off topic...I read in the paper yesterday that Bethenny is trying desparately to get back on RHONY. Her Skinny Girl schlock isn't selling as well and she needs to be more visible and get some product placement going. Will Bravo cave and allow her back on to shill her Skinny Girl stuff on the show? Stay tuned....

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

This episode was certainly a hodgepodge of less than exciting footage although there were certainly some oddly interesting moments. 

Spent WAY too much time on Halloween (maybe it's just me), the Marry F Kill auditions were a total snooze (what passed for comedy from the Sonja-Luann duo was cringe af).  It's sadly obvious that Lu and Sonja are milking this for every last drop, and it's getting less appealing with every show.

If we didn't already know Tinsley is leaving, her friendship with Leah would be more interesting to me (that whole scene with Tins and Leah on the phone made me sad again that she's leaving). 

But the more exposure Leah has the less interesting I find her.  That goes double for her sister.  I mean, from what we've seen so far, their lives are that of rich fuck-ups.  Do they work?  I never heard of her Married to the Mob clothing label.  Not that I know anything about that stuff.  The clothes are pretty unremarkable, and I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear a label that says "married to the mob", but from what I've seen and read online, the clothes somehow "empower women" (a horridly over-used phrase if there ever was one).  I guess all you have to do is write a bit of claptrap that panders to feminism with a capital F and you can sell anything.

Both Leah and her sister are unwed mothers (which to me screams 'irresponsible' since neither one has the excuse of tender years for such bad judgment) although the info I've read online about Sarah shows some effort was made to muddy the waters to make it look as if she's married to her baby daddy.  She wears a whisper-thin gold band on "that" finger and refers to him as "my husband".  I haven't been able to find any images of Sarah and her baby daddy.  The man who fathered Leah's daughter looks at least 20 years older than Leah.  No wonder those two live separate lives.

Anyone notice in the scene at the tequila bar that Dorinda couldn't even bring herself to say Tinsley's name?  I watched it twice -- when Elyse asked who else was coming, Dorinda said "Leah and uhhhhhhhh" before Luann and someone else chimed in and finished the sentence.  From the look on her face I could tell she just didn't want to speak her name.

And OMG -- Tinsley did NOT tell Leah (at least not on camera in this episode) that she and Scott are getting married, which is what's been heavily implied up until this episode.  

All this about Tinsley getting her happily ever after is really just her moving in with him, and that's all it is.  Tinsley even said in the cab there's no ring and she's not sure exactly when -- she only said to Leah that "it's good" and she knows it's going to happen and they're going to make this work -- not that he's asked her to marry him.  It was Leah at the tequila bar who said in her toast to Scott and Tinsley that "Tinsley said she and Scott are getting married and this is it!"  but Tinsley never did say that.  At least not on camera.

I did get a tiny chuckle out of Tinsley's little sass back to Dorinda when she mocked Dorinda's "hey lemme tell ya" at the table.  It only spurred Dorinda on further to her low-blow turkey baster comment and even lower-blow high-five attempt with Luann afterward.  100% pure nasty.

EDIT: Posted this before I had time to see the last 10 minutes of the show -- sorry for going off on the wrong tangent with Tins 😭 I'm sure gonna miss her.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I wish Margarita from Cuba would become a part of Luann’s permanent act. She’s way more entertaining than Sonja losing her dresses. 🍹

Yes!!! Her rendition of ‘Money Can’t Buy You Class’ was by far better than the original.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 6/11/2020 at 11:42 PM, laprin said:

Century 21 is the name of a well-known real estate brokerage firm. It’s a terrible name for a clothing store. 

The store existed before the real estate firm.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I have no comment on whether or not Scott is a "prize," but I do want to say that there is way more to a person than whether or not they are good-looking.  Scott seems to me to be an average-looking guy - he's neither handsome nor ugly. But he doesn't have to "good-looking" for Tinsley to either be attracted to him or to love him. 

I don't feel like I've seen enough of him to know what his personality is like and I do take the point that the on-again, off-again nature of their relationship indicates some challenges there going forward. I just don't really understand the argument that his looks should factor in as to what Tins wants from him.  If he were the best looking guy on the planet, the on-again/off-again thing would still be a cause for concern.  And again, Scott is who Tinsley seems to want, regardless of whether or not the rest of us find him physically appealing. 

I agree.  Tinsley loves him and as far as we know, he is not abusive.  Nothing else really matters.  I'm so happy for her.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

hey need some younger blood on there...at least get a few new faces and maybe some that are actually married. As it is now, its just a gaggle of horny 50 something divorcees. And their lives aren't even interesting. Watching Sonja launch another failed business isn't my idea of entertainment, or LuAnn acting like she's some sort of Broadway legend is just sad...as for Ramona, she brings absouloutely nothing to the table except inappropriate behavior in public and bragging about what she owns and who she knows.  Dorinda is just a nasty, mean spirited bitch...Time for a reboot Andy Cohen.

They don't need to get younger blood (younger isn't always better, you know...no need to throw older women in the trash), but they do need some new blood. 

• Love 9
On 6/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, GussieK said:

Century 21 is a real estate company, but this is a different Century 21. It started out as a designer closeout store downtown in NYC and is a huge tourist attraction now. It’s right near the World Trade Center. And they opened more branches.  course it’s closed right now. 

I’ve found some great stuff in there, but it’s almost as chaotic in there as Forever 21, so I don’t go very often

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

Both Leah and her sister are unwed mothers (which to me screams 'irresponsible' since neither one has the excuse of tender years for such bad judgment) although the info I've read online about Sarah shows some effort was made to muddy the waters to make it look as if she's married to her baby daddy.  She wears a whisper-thin gold band on "that" finger and refers to him as "my husband".  I haven't been able to find any images of Sarah and her baby daddy.  The man who fathered Leah's daughter looks at least 20 years older than Leah.  No wonder those two live separate lives.

Maybe Leah and her sister didn't want to get married.  A lot of women choose to have kids without getting married.  Nothing irresponsible about that IMO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Well, I hate to say it but, there’s always Divorce.  Either it will last, or it won’t.  She’s looking around at all the other women who are miserable and figured “why not”, this is my chance.

Yes, there is no doubt in my mind that Tinsley and Scott will divorce if they make it down the aisle.  That is why I said up thread that I think Tinsley will be trying to break into NY society (yet again) in her fifties.  

Bethenny really had Tinsley’s number at the season nine finale party when she said something similar to the fact that she had learned a lot about Tinsley in Mexico and this relationship with Scott isn’t going to work because you “don’t drink vodka at 8 am and have a healthy relationship.”  This is kind of what has been bothering me about them.  

I think Tinsley is mentally ill.  I think every woman currently on this show, and Bethenny, are all mentally ill to some extent, but Tinsley keeps getting passes for it because I guess...she’s pretty? (TM Kristen Taekman).  I don’t get it, but she’s off the show, so maybe it’s just not for me to get.  

Right before she met Scott, Tinsley told her therapist that she was looking for a guy like her dad, a guy who—and I’m paraphrasing here—basically a guy who didn’t have to work really hard, a guy to whom everything came easy.  She made someone who had to grind sound distasteful.  One episode later, in Vermont, she told Bethenny that she is totally turned off from WASPs and it was a requirement for a man to have a job.  So she completely reversed herself.

I don’t believe she knew what she wanted then and I don’t believe she knows what she wants now.  I think she knows, at best, what she doesn’t want and how she wants to feel.  Those are not the same things by a long shot.  

This woman seems incapable of having a rational conversation when she’s in the cups (and she’s pretty much always in the cups).  Back when they were in Vermont and having dinner, the topic of whether Tinsley was going to continue to live with Sonja came up and Tinsley flipped out, started crying, screamed “can you give me a fucking second” went on a litany about Sonja and Bethenny finally said, “you’re 41 years old.  Either follow her rules or move somewhere else.” (Tinsley already had the financial means to leave at this point, as Dale had suggested on air several episodes back the Tinsley move into a hotel).  I just don’t respect a 41 year old woman who can’t answer a straight question about where she is going to live without flipping out.  I don’t want to deal with that shit.  I can’t imagine that Scott does.  

Further evidence that this relationship is not life-long is if you go back to her second marriage to Topper, Tinsley wanted to be a celebutante more than she wanted to be married.  Topper wanted to stay out of the spotlight (sounds familiar), but Tinsley quit her job as an event planner on the advice of publicist R. Couri Hay in order to become a “little socialite.”  That was the genesis of her divorce.  This sounds very selfish and immature to me.  I’m not even going to get into whether she cheated, because I don’t think that was the root cause.  

I saw a few clips of interviews and a snippet of her reality show High Society, all from around eight years ago, and this woman has totally regressed since that time.  She used to speak well and conveyed ideas that were tangible, even if I thought there was a lot of arrested development for my personal tastes.  But there was no shrieking and falling.  That is brand new, so I can only conclude that she’s getting worse, not better, as she ages.  I think, in the interim, alcohol pickled her brain, and I think something really dark happened to her in Palm Beach with Nico Fanjul that stunted her, and she never should have returned to reality TV after getting arrested.  She should have gotten intense therapy, probably really far away, like in British Columbia or some place where she had nothing to prove.  I think returning to NY in this manor was an act of self-destruction. 

When Tinsley met Scott, she was wasted.  I had forgotten, and thought she was just drunk.  She didn’t just jump in his lap and make out, she also slurred though her entire relationship history, including the fact that she was still wearing a ring from her ex-husband, which she pulled off and dropped when she was mid-make out with Scott.  None of this seems stable to me.  It’s very worrisome for anything long-term.  

They say if you don’t like someone, maybe it’s something about yourself that you are seeing in them that you don’t like, and I do see some of my early twenties self in Tinsley’s behavior.  I thought if there was drinking—and even sometimes when there wasn’t—that meant Carte Blanche to get wasted, like Tinsley.  And I looked good with cute outfits with great little skirts and I was educated (only saying this because it’s relative to Tinsley) and I can say with confidence that no one respectable would have wifed me back then because I was exhausting.  I also had a lot of emotional neediness.  But in my thirties I put so much of that stuff behind me and learned how to act, how not to act, and how to assert myself, because I didn’t want to be that person anymore.  Tinsley’s 20 years older than I was and not exhibiting any sign of changing, so I think I can say from her experience and my experience that the future is not going to be a walk in the park.  

This does not excuse the other women’s behavior or mental illnesses, and I think I’ve documented that at length in other posts.  I just don’t get Tinsley, I think she’s a mentally ill drunk too, and I am so glad she’s gone, because I’m so sick of her getting passes, kind of the way Sonja got passes for her terrible behavior for quite a few seasons, because she seemed pretty and fragile and tragic.  I think shitty behavior is shitty behavior.  One doesn’t necessarily have to be overt and mean to your face like Bethenny and Dorinda to be horrible IMO.

And if Tinsley and Scott do get and stay married, I think there will be rampant cheating.  Scott didn’t keep breaking up with her and date others—IIRC, the women he dated were younger—for no reason.  People can grow and change, but as I posted up thread, if I see no evidence that either has grown or changed, I predict that their future will look very much like their past.  

And I’ll put my disclaimer on this, as always, so that I don’t look like a hater:  I hope I’m wrong and they live happily every after.  Just because I don’t want to watch her doesn’t mean that I don’t think she should be happy.  There is just so much wrong here that is being swept under the rug, like Luann and Tom.  And just like I truly hoped everyone was wrong and that Luann and Tom would make it, despite “a silly kiss,” they didn’t, and I think it’s a safe place to talk about here, because Tinsley will never read it.  Again, if Tinsley was in my social circle, I would never say this to her face.  I thought it was fucking cruel how they dragged Luann for having the audacity to be happy, and I think they were jealous of Luann then, and they’re jealous of Tinsley now, and I don’t throw that word around a lot.

I just think that, apart from the co-stars’ jealousy, which is ugly and stupid, this is not going to work out, and I would be interested to see where Tinsley will be 10 years from now.  I predict zero personal growth.  And I hope I am wrong. 

2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I I read in the paper yesterday that Bethenny is trying desparately to get back on RHONY.

I wouldn’t even be mad at that at this point.  It’s not because I don’t think Bethenny is a brute.  I am just sick of having a victim on this show, or any other.  It’s boring.  Bethenny is nobody’s victim, even if she tries to play one on TV.  Just like Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, I was glad certain women departed, just because I have no interest in the victim narrative.  Now that BH has been somewhat recast, I can watch and eat popcorn as they tear each other to shreds.  

I think the last time this show didn’t have a “victim” was season seven.  Season eight was Jules and seasons 9-12 were Tinsley.  I would rather see Bethenny, Dorinda, Ramona, Sonja, and Luann and whoever else is brutish like they are (Leah is a good example) just fight fair fights and I can watch comfortably without having to feel someone’s wittle feelings are going to get stepped on (just for the record, I don’t think Jules was nearly as bad as Tinsley—Jules, in one season, was able to be sober and look at Bethenny and say, “Bethenny, you’re hurting people!  Do you even realize what you’re doing?!?” And Tinsley had three and a half seasons and never confronted anyone when she was sober in a sane way).  I just think they had this common underdog status that made me uncomfortable, like anyone who tussled with them looked like a bully. 

In short, everyone should just pick on somebody their own size and reality TV is not for the feint of heart.  

• Love 4
On 6/11/2020 at 9:45 PM, Stats Queen said:

Dorinda, 

You are a vile, nasty despicable excuse for a human being.

I hope Tinsley sends Dorinda a “You’re not invited to my wedding, but you are invited to still at home drunk and miserable” invitation.

So disgusted and disappointed with Ramona, Sonja and Luann.

Unfortunately, Tinsley will probably invite all of them, unless it’s one of those away weddings.  She’s good hearted like that, although they don’t deserve to go.  That will be interesting.  I hope she only invites Leah and the gym guy.   They were the only ones who truly cared for Tins.

• Love 3
(edited)

Excellent analysis as always @LibertarianSlut

Let us not forget she also still has Topper’s monogram on her hip. That’s another reason I think it’s going to be a bumpy walk down the aisle. I think it’s going to be really hard for her to give up the clout of the Mortimer name. Kluth just makes me think of Donald Sutherland. If they do make it to the altar, I predict a reappearance of her maiden name, whether she returns to Tinsley Mercer or goes by Tinsley Mercer Kluth. Bc I don’t think Bruce will stand for her keeping Mortimer, even though that is pretty much her whole identity, and simply who she is. At the end of the day it’s another man’s (influential) name. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe Leah and her sister didn't want to get married.  A lot of women choose to have kids without getting married.  Nothing irresponsible about that IMO.

Well, if we're only considering the needs and desires of Leah and her sister, yeah you're probably right. 

But there are two other, entirely dependent people whose needs for solid routine and legal and financial security in a family setting ought to be put before someone's choice to be unfettered by the responsibilities and tedium of marriage to the biological parent.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

They don't need to get younger blood (younger isn't always better, you know...no need to throw older women in the trash), but they do need some new blood. 

They need some love interests, like men on the show.  All they do is go to restaurants and bars and get smashed and argue.  The haunted house scene and LuAnn’s cabaret are just fillers.  Nothing of interest going on at all.  BORING !

On 6/11/2020 at 11:45 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I didn't take her making that crack as being ageist.   She was joking and saying she was aspiring to be like them.

I don't get that vibe at all from her.  If anything I view most of her comments related to her cast members ages to be stated in a derisive way.  I'll have to agree to disagree on this point.  

• Love 1