Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Love Him and Leave Them

• Start Topic

Yeah LuAnn.  Tinsley is going to postpone going to Chicago so she can go to your stupid party.  Haha.  In your dreams.  I just want to add that I haven’t seen one good looking guy on this show except maybe Mario.  Not one.  Ramona and Sonja especially.  Where are they finding these guys?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I've decided that if the show doesn't outright fire them I'm done after this season. Dorinda's horrendous jab at Tinsley about using a turkey baster for getting pregnant with her frozen eggs was beyond the pale. Dorinda is a horrible person. There is nothing redeeming about her. She has zero compassion or empathy. She's mean and is a bully. She should be fired...which leads me into why this show needs a full on overhaul. The old hags need to be fired...Ramona, LuAnn, Dorinda and Sonja.

I'm debating if I'm going to watch when it comes back. I really can't handle watching any of Dorinda's scenes anymore, at all. And Sonja is finally completely off her rocker this season, too. I think those two need to go, for sure.

I like the idea of Leah bringing some new blood in as well and just watching Ramona and the rest lose their minds about it. 

• Love 13

And then there’s this from Sonja,  on Twitter, cashing in on the difficult times. I think these reality stars charge about $150 per short message. Dorinda is hawking  it all the time in her social media

0B19231E-E549-40B5-B2D1-F42823E0E6CE.jpeg

• LOL 4

In other news, I really did not enjoy the haunted house. I've been to those things before and the people they hire are just way too into character. That green clown was out of control (and I think he wanted Leah). I loved the women arriving and getting scared, but I felt like you could really sense the tension in the group, especially when they were all huddled in the doorway.

And your daily excerpt from the life of 🍎 : I was once followed into a bathroom stall by a haunted house actor dressed like a demented Raggedy Anne. She stood on the other side of the stall door the entire time I was using the stall, and stood directly behind me while I washed my hands. I was not okay with it. I draw the line at touching and invading physical space. To quote Jill Zarin (x25) it was weird.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Anonysaurus said:
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I've decided that if the show doesn't outright fire them I'm done after this season. Dorinda's horrendous jab at Tinsley about using a turkey baster for getting pregnant with her frozen eggs was beyond the pale. Dorinda is a horrible person. There is nothing redeeming about her. She has zero compassion or empathy. She's mean and is a bully. She should be fired...which leads me into why this show needs a full on overhaul. The old hags need to be fired...Ramona, LuAnn, Dorinda and Sonja.

100% agree. Bravo needs to draw a line and say that the type of bullying that Dorinda has done is over the line and she needs to be fired. Even in the brief scenes when she was pleasant in this show, I couldn’t stand to look at her because for me, she now and forever has a veneer on viciousness on her that  I can’t deal with. I’d also love to see Ramona and Sonya gone, but I don’t think they will risk losing three Long time cast members at once. The show certainly needs to be rejuvenated.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I was once followed into a bathroom stall by a haunted house actor dressed like a demented Raggedy Anne.

That's creepy!  I don't like haunted houses - except for the one at Disney World - which is tame!  I can't handle the strobe lights in the typical haunted houses.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Mar said:

Four minutes into the show and Sonja is already talking about putting her tongue in someone’s mouth. Her shtick is getting way too old. I really can’t watch her anymore and I would like to see her off of the show along with a few others

She is a slob and a half.  Her poor daughter.  

• Love 8

I’m sure I’m not the only one that fast forwards through Luann’s Cabaret scenes. So cringeworthy- as are Sonja’s “business meetings” about her non existent clothing empire. 

Clearly Dorinda’s issue with Tinsley was jealousy, which would be sad, had she not been so cruel and nasty about it. I won’t ever look at Dorinda the same. 

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

In other news, I really did not enjoy the haunted house. I've been to those things before and the people they hire are just way too into character. That green clown was out of control (and I think he wanted Leah). I loved the women arriving and getting scared, but I felt like you could really sense the tension in the group, especially when they were all huddled in the doorway.

It was weird. My nearly homeless perpetually bum cousin signs up to do these "seasonally" for laughs and to get enough cash money to buy a decent future hoard of weed and exert his rage on vulnerable people to satisfy his need for dominance as he scares the sh** out of them.  He could have been in the clown costume. Yeah. Our family reunions are fun aren't they all? Maybe they were out of work Broadway actors, I mean IDK, I'm just sayin'.  My bias says they are working a 2nd job after the Elmo costume in Times Square. I hate Haunted Houses. 

Given the pandemic (I know this was pre pandemic/Oct) I was just cringing at the small spaces and his yelling breath in their faces. Filthy. Not my thing. 

• Love 21
36 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Yeah LuAnn.  Tinsley is going to postpone going to Chicago so she can go to your stupid party.  Haha.  In your dreams.  I just want to add that I haven’t seen one good looking guy on this show except maybe Mario.  Not one.  Ramona and Sonja especially.  Where are they finding these guys?

To me, the subtext of that conversation was Lu and the others saying, "I can't believe you are essentially quitting the show mid-season." It seems pretty clear to me that the conflict between Tins and Scott was over her being on the show.  And if he wasn't going to commit, then she wasn't going to leave the show.  But given all of the abuse she has taken from Dorinda this season, it sounds to me like she flew out to Chicago to say, "if you commit, I will leave the show immediately and move to Chicago." Basically, IMO, Dorinda's behavior gave Tinsley the impetus to get the hell out of dodge, and I don't think that she was there before. 

I give Tinsley for leaving basically on her own terms. Usually these housewives are hanging on for dear life, whether it is because they need the money or because they become addicted to the limelight.  And unlike, say, Lisa Vanderpump and/or Denise, Tinsley didn't just "stop filming," she just jumped and therefore got to dictate the way her leaving is being portrayed. Dorinda can claim that Tins is "stupid," but the fact is that she found a way to have far more control over the situation than Dorinda will ever. 

• Love 24
55 minutes ago, Mar said:

And then there’s this from Sonja,  on Twitter, cashing in on the difficult times. I think these reality stars charge about $150 per short message. Dorinda is hawking  it all the time in her social media

To be fair to Sonja, Cameo has partnered with GLAAD for Pride Month and a portion of the cost of the Cameos from certain people are donated to GLAAD. While she does make some money on it, it's also for a good cause this month. It only makes sense to promote it. (I know this because I've been following the Vanderpump Rules debacle and GLAAD just kicked Jax Taylor off the donation list, not because I'm a Cameo regular.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Basically, IMO, Dorinda's behavior gave Tinsley the impetus to get the hell out of dodge, and I don't think that she was there before. 

Tinsley credited her coach, Martin, with helping her figure out what she wanted, which helped her make her decision to leave NYC.   I wish we could've seen more of them together!  That would've been so much more interesting than some of the crap they filmed!  I'm sure that everything she went through with Dorinda helped her to see what was really important too.   In order to save face, I wouldn't put it past Dorinda to come out and say that was her master plan all along!  She'll say something like 'Tinsley needed that tough love to make the move to Chicago!'   Clip, clip, clip.  I deserve all of the credit!!

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

?  Tinsley posted their engagement all over Instagram a long time ago.  LOL!  Wasn't it last Christmas?

Here, from last November:

Thank you.  That proposal as so sweet.  She deserves it.  I’m so happy for her.  I never saw this.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Anonysaurus said:

I'm debating if I'm going to watch when it comes back. I really can't handle watching any of Dorinda's scenes anymore, at all. And Sonja is finally completely off her rocker this season, too. I think those two need to go, for sure.

I like the idea of Leah bringing some new blood in as well and just watching Ramona and the rest lose their minds about it. 

When Dorinda comes on, I look away.  She has this smirk on her face like she knows she’s being mean and just doesn’t care.  Between John, her house upstate and Tinsley, she looks like she is losing it, and nobody is suggesting she gets serious help?  What about her mother and sister?

• Love 12
(edited)

Sometimes the ageism around here makes me uncomfortable.  I've never heard of men being called "old hags."  Interesting.

I guess if you're over 50 you're just supposed to disappear, and God forbid if you're older 60.

That said, I think the problem with these women is, when you're older, you know the deal.  You know relationships don't last forever, it's either death or divorce.  Still Tinsley believes in love, as Leah said.  And it's good that Tinsley went for it and left the show.  I mean time will tell what happens in the end, but at least she's taking the chance. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Sometimes the ageism around here makes me uncomfortable.  I've never heard of men being called "old hags."  Interesting.

Old geezer? 
If they act haggish—mean, malicious—then yeah, they’re hags. 

4 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I’d like to watch Tinsley in The Real Housewives of Chicago instead of this show.

I’m sure Scott would be thrilled at the idea. Lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Yeah, it won’t happen - but imo she’s more interesting than the NY crew.

• Love 9

Just came here to say that watching high strung dramatic people being dramatic over nothing is fun and entertaining.  Watching someone have a legitimate mental health issue on a reality show is not.  Dorinda looks like she’s spiraling - angry, drunk, crying - sometimes all three at once. I don’t even like her anymore but she appears to be in a lot of emotional pain.  It’s time for her to leave the show and take care of herself.

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, SerenityNow721 said:

Just came here to say that watching high strung dramatic people being dramatic over nothing is fun and entertaining.  Watching someone have a legitimate mental health issue on a reality show is not.  Dorinda looks like she’s spiraling - angry, drunk, crying - sometimes all three at once. I don’t even like her anymore but she appears to be in a lot of emotional pain.  It’s time for her to leave the show and take care of herself.

That is a good point.  There's such a fine line between someone being overdramatic for the cameras and someone having a serious breakdown.  It's funny to watch someone who drinks too much and acts crazy, until that person gets into a car accident and hurts other people. 

Dorinda has been sloppy drunk, to the point where she's slurring her words for a few seasons.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I’m an unapologetic Bethenny fan.   All of the woman are self absorbed.  

That's why Beth fits right in with them.

I loved Beth.  But wow, the first episode of her return was something else.  It was full of her talking about her "empire" and being the richest homeless person. I was really shocked while rewatching her first season back how full of herself she became.

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I’d like to watch Tinsley in The Real Housewives of Chicago instead of this show.

Me too!  I want a RHOCH show badly!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

If Tinsley is important enough for a show to be built around her, I'm sure she and Scott could negotiate whatever the hell kind of contract they wanted.

Personally, I would love it, if Tinsley would.  We need some non-Dorinda people to watch once a week!

• Love 9

So, how offended will Dorinda be when if she is not invited to Tinsley and Scott's wedding, but the other NY housewives are? (I SO hope this happens)

Throw in an invite to LVP for the cherry on top; After all, without LVP she wouldn't have Strawberry and Shortcake, and their little puffy dog coats (who knew?).

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

I would imagine its because he has a company with employees who would also be impacted by a relocation while she does not -- his relocating would mean relocating the company he runs day-in-day-out and making employees choose between relocation or unemployment. No decent company owner would do something like that to his or her people. He could visit her occasionally but if he's running his business and isn't just a figurehead, he has to be in Chicago most of the time. 

Scott also owns his residence while she stays in a hotel and already splits her time between NY and Palm Beach. She can still live her life exactly the same as she is now (other than being on the show, which by the way she's been treated, she's right to want off) and she gets the bonus of being married to him, which is what she wants.

I don't see her moving there as any sort of "giving up everything because he gave her an ultimatum" (insert dramatic music here). Any long-distance couple who wants to be together has to make a similar choice at some point. Determining whose life would be less impacted by the move (whether its who has the better/more lucrative job, who owns versus rents, etc.), is usually the deciding factor of who packs their boxes. I also think its perfectly normal for the person who IS the one that has to relocate to dither about whether to make that final step.

Yes!  Been there, done that. Long distance couple.  Took a chance.    Married 35 years.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I guess if you're over 50 you're just supposed to disappear, and God forbid if you're older 60.

That said, I think the problem with these women is, when you're older, you know the deal.  You know relationships don't last forever, it's either death or divorce.  Still Tinsley believes in love, as Leah said.  And it's good that Tinsley went for it and left the show.  I mean time will tell what happens in the end, but at least she's taking the chance. 

Tinsley is still young and has her eggs.  Good thinking.  She has her whole life ahead of her.  She and Scott can still have a couple of kids.  He’s got a good job and can give her everything.  It’s all good and she deserves it.  Why are some of them jealous?  They all had their day with kids and husbands.  Now, it’s her turn, and Chicago is the right place for her.  New friends too.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Definitely not all 50 or 60-something’s should disappear. But these particular 50/60-somethings... yes I would have no problem with that. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yes!  Been there, done that.  Married 35 years.

Congradulations 35 yrs.  I’ll be married 55 yrs in October to the love of my life.  Love at first sight, and he’s my best friend.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I’m still not clear why Ramona wanted Sonja and Dor to go with her to the party planner.  (Other than it being something to film.). Ramona didn’t seem to like any of their ideas, and it was her party, so why?  At least Sonja got to eat something.

I think Ramona worked out a discount for her party if she could promote the business with a photo and she agreed to bring them with her to achieve this.  He probably didn't think a picture with Ramona alone would be enough for promotion.  Ramona used them to get a good price.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Though I don't like a lot of ageist posts.  I think Tinsley was right to leave.  There's no reason for the other women to be jealous.  To me 95% of life is a crap shoot, being in the right place at the right time:  Who gets married, who has a great partner, who has great kids, etc.  Crap shoot.  Therefore there's no reason to be jealous.  Right now Tinsley looks like her luck is looking up, so she should go for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yes!  Been there, done that. Long distance couple.  Took a chance.    Married 35 years.

22yrs! Not NY to CHI; only abt 120 miles --no flying, just 2hr drive- does that count? I moved because it was easier with my career. I hate this place, but the crab cakes are REALLY good, and with his longevity, I get to be a SAHM, which, while mind numbing at times, doesn't entirely suck, and family and friends are only 2hrs away.

• Love 7

Dale kissing up to Sonja seemed to me to be a backstab at Tinsley.  With no Tinsley on the show there will be no Dale on the show, either.  Those tears were probably for her own reality show career.  I'll miss Tinsley but I sure won't miss her monster, I mean mother.  I hope Scott can keep her away and unable to pull Tinsley's chain anymore.  Yuck!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

And your daily excerpt from the life of 🍎 : I was once followed into a bathroom stall by a haunted house actor dressed like a demented Raggedy Anne. She stood on the other side of the stall door the entire time I was using the stall, and stood directly behind me while I washed my hands. I was not okay with it. I draw the line at touching and invading physical space. To quote Jill Zarin (x25) it was weird.

I’ve experienced similar things at places like that, I find the invading personal space to be more uncomfortable and mind trippy than the guys in masks holding chainsaws 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

It's not to have a way to source the clothes for less, it's more to "glam-up" their image, I guess (Yes, I know 😄, but seen with through my professional background in MKTG & COMM here, in Europe, that makes sense, lol !)

Wow. Glamming up Century 21’s image with the Sonja Morgan brand. My opinion of that store just plummeted.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 6/11/2020 at 6:35 PM, Neurochick said:

I've seen Scott, he's no prize.  

He is no prize. Why is Tinsley settling for him? 

I hope she is happy, but she could do so much better. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/11/2020 at 7:22 PM, AttackTurtle said:

I’m not usually charmed by dogs, but Tinsley little dogs in their matching puffer jackets were the highlight of the episode for me.

The dogs. Oh the dogs. 

I don't like dogs. I really don't like small dogs that are treated like accessories. But those jackets they were wearing were all that. The cutest.

Edited by SDVegas
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/11/2020 at 7:49 PM, chewycandy said:

I was dying watching each one of them be scared on the street. 

That brought a HUGE smile to my face. I haven't laughed that genuinely in a long time. So funny to see their reactions. Ramona dropping her little bag...all too funny.

Edited by SDVegas
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wow. Glamming up Century 21’s image with the Sonja Morgan brand. My opinion of that store just plummeted.

Mine too and I had no opinion of the store as I had never heard of it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

So, how offended will Dorinda be when if she is not invited to Tinsley and Scott's wedding, but the other NY housewives are? (I SO hope this happens)

https://www.eonline.com/news/1155067/tinsley-mortimer-says-her-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-departure-was-inevitable
From the article:

When asked if any of her RHONY co-stars will be invited to the nuptials, Mortimer teased, "Of course I've thought about it and I'm not gonna say who I have thought about having, but of course I have thought about it. And there will most likelyl be one or two."

So Leah and ?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, nexxie said:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1155067/tinsley-mortimer-says-her-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-departure-was-inevitable
From the article:

When asked if any of her RHONY co-stars will be invited to the nuptials, Mortimer teased, "Of course I've thought about it and I'm not gonna say who I have thought about having, but of course I have thought about it. And there will most likelyl be one or two."

So Leah and ?

God I hope she doesn’t invite Sonja just to please Dale.  Sonja would wear white to the wedding, stuff her purse full of lobster, get blackout drunk at the reception... well, just generally be the trash that she is.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, SDVegas said:

The dogs. Oh the dogs. 

I don't like dogs. I really don't like small dogs that are treated like accessories. But those jackets they were wearing were all that. The cutest.

I give her props for going the rescue route....all the way to China.   That she named them Strawberry and Shortcake cracks me up, but she truly seems to adore those dogs.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

From the article:

So Leah and ?

Leah and Martin.  The guy at the gym .. is that his name?  I forgot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

God I hope she doesn’t invite Sonja just to please Dale.  Sonja would wear white to the wedding, stuff her purse full of lobster, get blackout drunk at the reception... well, just generally be the trash that she is.

From your lips. Sonja is a fucking monster. She essentially said she would be there when the relationship ended; she’s salivating for it to end, to grind Tinsley down some more. Dale and Sonja are both emotionally abusive parasites, and Tinsley is better than both in every way. She’s never played this up but her being a varsity tennis player at Columbia after a gap year at Habitat for Humanity so she could transfer, getting her BA and doing a stint however it came about at Vogue, the lines at Samantha Thavasa, Bed Bath & Beyond, lash line and the half-dozen at minimum other design collaborations are each real, each move is more serious and substantive, and each effort is or was more successful than anything Sonja’s done. Even including Century 21, and I loved treasure hunting in the downtown one so much, well, at least I did around 10 years ago. It’s slipped (as we can see). I digress!

I suppose I’m in my feelings this fine day but Dorinda’s baster comment and the cowardice of Ramona and LuAnn and banal basic bitch jealousy of Sonja, is all heartbreaking even when one considers the vile, washed-up, dysfunctional and functional alcoholic sources. Dorinda’s sneer was/is up there with Naked Wasted and the Mexican slurs on Dallas. There is no coming back from it ever. Ever. Given the reality of sheltering in place more or less for a lot of the summer in the city, I know I will still watch, and I did appreciate Leah’s presence and vibe this episode. (I agree she pines for Rob. They make a nice family together, but when things end, one has to move on.) But I don’t see how I can watch Dorinda and Sonja in the future. I wish them the worst but I have no doubt they’re furiously at work every day until the bitter end to have very damaged, stressful, miserable lives for themselves. I do think I’d have to be out for the next season if they aren’t fired. I can follow Sonja’s future evictions and DUI’s and pants-shitting on public conveyances and tazing by a federal Marshall on Page Six or something. Dorinda may be in an even worse state, though she’ll keep a roof over her head without stealing from her daughter...

Edited by Midnight Cheese
Why is posting and spacing so messed up?
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13