Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Love Him and Leave Them

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

With Tinsley gone, who's Dorinda's next victim? 

I have a feeling she will come back sober to keep her job.  We already know how mean she was, but she will be contrite and win some followers over, but never me.  The way she treated Tinsley was deep and raw and she meant every word.  She may keep her followers by making it nice again, but does a leopard change its spots?  I don’t think Bravo will allow a next victim.  She shouldn’t even be let back as she ruined the whole season.

• Love 15

Yeah, Tinsley will fit in just fine at the Hancock. The area is called the Gold Coast for a reason. Plus she's in walking distance of some of the luxury shops on Oak St, like Prada, Christian Laboutin, Jimmy Choo, etc. 

And don't forget she can walk Strawberry and Shortcake over to the Sprinkles cupcake ATM. I know I would if I lived nearby. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

And don't forget she can walk Strawberry and Shortcake over to the Sprinkles cupcake ATM. I know I would if I lived nearby. 

Wait... a cupcake ATM?  I suddenly feel that I need this in my life!

• Love 3
On 6/15/2020 at 9:02 PM, TheFinalRose said:

She had that horrible fiction book coming out that she wanted to sell. The book that launched a thousand ghost writer arguments with Aviva. After reading What Remains and then Carole's second book (I'm too lazy to look up the title) I believe Aviva that Carole had some help with What Remains. Probably that sister-in-law or someone related to Carole who was a bona fide ghost writer.   

In “What Remains”, I felt that Carole spoke more about her and Caroline Kennedy than her and her husband the Prince.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

In “What Remains”, I felt that Carole spoke more about her and Caroline Kennedy than her and her husband the Prince.

Agreed!  I remember reading it and not walking away with this was a love story to her husband.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Agreed!  I remember reading it and not walking away with this was a love story to her husband.

Yep, and I meant Carolyn, not Caroline, who’s John John’s sister.  I guess people in the Family didn’t want too much revealed about the Prince and his Mother. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

What Remains was about Anthony's cancer battle and the loss of Anthony and Carolyn and John in the span of one month. Carolyn was Carole's best friend.  

Yes, that was the  story.  I enjoyed the book, but I did not walk away with the feeling that she was madly in love with Anthony ever.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4

When is the next episode?

On 6/15/2020 at 9:02 PM, TheFinalRose said:

She had that horrible fiction book coming out that she wanted to sell. The book that launched a thousand ghost writer arguments with Aviva. After reading What Remains and then Carole's second book (I'm too lazy to look up the title) I believe Aviva that Carole had some help with What Remains. Probably that sister-in-law or someone related to Carole who was a bona fide ghost writer.   

I'm reading Carole's fiction book, and it's not bad at all actually.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:42 PM, RedDelicious said:

I did love What Remains. I must have read it at least three times, and it is still on my Kindle. But I'm also mildly obsessed with CBK, so that is a lot of it. The narrative of Anthony's decline was really tough to read 😞 

Thanks!  I love CBK.

• Love 3

I'm reading Carole's fiction book, and it's not bad at all actually.

I read it too. It's not bad writing, I just thought it was a bad story. You may feel differently when you finish it.  What Remains, by contrast, I thought was beautiful and satisfying. I was really flabbergasted that both books could come from the same person. I know Carole said she was working on the fiction book for five years --- I thought it did have the feel of someone who really didn't know where they wanted the story to go. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I read it too. It's not bad writing, I just thought it was a bad story. You may feel differently when you finish it.  What Remains, by contrast, I thought was beautiful and satisfying. I was really flabbergasted that both books could come from the same person. I know Carole said she was working on the fiction book for five years --- I thought it did have the feel of someone who really didn't know where they wanted the story to go. 

I would think if you're a journalist, used to covering hard news and your first book was autobiographical, it would be difficult to easily make the transition to a fiction writer?  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I asked when the next episodes were upthread.  I don't even know where Google gets this information from, but it says July 2 and 9.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 10.08.20 AM.png

What the heck.  I just looked in the newspaper and “Top Chef” is on tonight instead of the housewives.  Is this the norm or what?

Carolyn was Carole's best friend.  

I never felt the reverse was true.  After all, she had her twin sister and the other books about her only mention Carole in passing because she was the one who got the call from the Coast Guard.  

• Useful 1
58 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

I never felt the reverse was true.  After all, she had her twin sister and the other books about her only mention Carole in passing because she was the one who got the call from the Coast Guard.  

Carolyn’s sister Lauren was the twin; Carolyn herself was a singleton. Carole placed the call to the coast guard. Accounts of the tragedy often say it was Ted Kennedy who called the CG, but it was actually Carole who called them. Carolyn was intensely private, so I’m not sure anyone could know who her inner circle actually was, outside of family, which Carole was. 

• Love 3
On 6/16/2020 at 8:21 PM, Silver Bells said:

I felt the same way. It felt like a love letter to them, Anthony was just sort of there. 

The Sprinkles ATM is magic! 

• Love 4

On his podcast this week Danny Pellegrino said one of the reasons he likes RHoNY is bc there are so few shows featuring women over 50. I agree. I just wish this cast was happier and less sloppy

I found RHONY more interesting when these women have something to DO other than drink and be cougars. Now that their kids are all grown up and can't be foils for them to interact with - and their spouses/partners are largely gone - and very few of them seem to do any substantive work*, it's just repetitive.

* at least on-camera. I miss Ramona hawking her numerous products, and would even love an episode or two of how Sonja came to get involved with such a sketchy kind of business guy. And while Simon was annoying with his obvious desire to be holding an apple himself, I do miss the occasional glimpses from husbands and family members, whether it was Bobby talking Jill down from the ledge and being the voice of reason, or Ramona priding herself on creating a folder for Avery's college plans only to be told that Avery already took her SATs (and Ramona didn't know). This every day stuff felt real and made the women more three-dimensional as people.

• Love 8