Type keyword(s) to search

Ashley Darby: This Come-Up Looks Rundown

• Start Topic

This thread is to discuss Ashley Darby and her youthful, spirited antics. While we're here, we can also discuss the frequent news about her rakish husband, Michael -- who, despite being an older gentleman -- lives his life to the fullest, especially when his much younger wife is not around.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, backhometome said:

At least Dean looks more like her now and less like his ugly daddy. 

He’s really much cuter now! 

But seriously.  Not just one baby to a man who cheats and disrespects you—but two?? I wish her well but I’m still smh vigorously. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

He’s really much cuter now! 

But seriously.  Not just one baby to a man who cheats and disrespects you—but two?? I wish her well but I’m still smh vigorously. 

She will get more money with each child she has...child support and alimony. 

Anyone think it was an IVF baby?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, lasu said:

I read that Michael is 74!  Is that right?  Ashley's just making sure she gets a big piece of that pie.  

That’s another Michael Darby. This Michael-the one married to Ashley—is early 60s. 

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Duke2801 said:

That’s another Michael Darby. This Michael-the one married to Ashley—is early 60s. 

Ah, I think I remember this coming up before now that you say it.  The article I read definitely was saying THIS Michael Darby was 74, but they obviously were confused.  I think Michael is starting to look a little elderly, but I would have been shocked at 74!  Thank you for the clarification.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, loveaux said:

I want better for Ashley.....I truly do.....but lord is the girl dumber than a bag of used chalk

C1B32D96-B6E7-4424-8A31-AC8317580BDA.jpeg

I don't love her decisions but the biggest disappointment to her would be finding out Michael is not as flush as she thinks he is, either after he dies or divorces her. She still has her Howife money and they get paid much more than I thought (at least that was true for Atlanta though the payment amounts were never confirmed).

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, qtpye said:

She still has her Howife money and they get paid much more than I thought (at least that was true for Atlanta though the payment amounts were never confirmed).

I doubt they're getting paid as much as the Atlanta ladies as RHoA was the number one show in the franchise for quite a few years. They're probably still getting paid pretty well though.

• Love 2
On 9/8/2020 at 6:04 PM, backhometome said:

At least Dean looks more like her now and less like his ugly daddy. 

I think he still looks like Michael. The problem was that at birth, he looked like Michael in his thirties but now he looks like toddler Michael and he is cute. He just needs to look at for those Darby genes, which I suspect are like the British royal Windsor genes - hit you like  a brick in the face in your 30s - ask Prince William.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

He just needs to look at for those Darby genes, which I suspect are like the British royal Windsor genes - hit you like  a brick in the face in your 30s - ask Prince William.

LMAO, but so true! Prince William was so hot when he was younger and then one day he looked like dad (and like he was the same age as his dad).

But baby Dean is absolutely adorable, and I love all the side eye he gives everybody!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I think he still looks like Michael. The problem was that at birth, he looked like Michael in his thirties but now he looks like toddler Michael and he is cute. He just needs to look at for those Darby genes, which I suspect are like the British royal Windsor genes - hit you like  a brick in the face in your 30s - ask Prince William.

Agree.

I bet you Michael was a cute toddler (hard to believe). I see nothing of Ashley.

• Love 2
On 9/21/2020 at 4:36 PM, islandgal140 said:

I think Dean looks like both of his parents.. such a cutie !

• Love 5

I gotta say, I have no problem with Ashley and Michael and how they choose to structure their marriage. Whatever they are doing seems to work for them. I would however, like to see them share a bit about it works so we aren't always questioning things.  Same with their sexuality.

Then we can all just move on with other Potomac drama.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

Does Michael have adult children?  Has any of that ever been mentioned, I honestly do not recall.

Yes he does.  In season 1 episode 6 the housewives visit Ashley's and Michael's beach house.  While there Ashley mentions two stepchildren who are in their twenties, like she was at the time.  She appeared uncomfortable being the stepmother to adult children.  And that makes sense.  Not too many 28 year olds want to be stepmothers to adults.

Edited by PDXlulu
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

Yes he does.  In season 1 episode 6 the housewives visit Ashley's and Michael's beach house.  While there Ashley mentions two stepchildren who are in their twenties, like she was at the time.  She appeared uncomfortable being the stepmother to adult children.  And that makes sense.  Not too many 28 year olds want to be stepmothers to adults.

Cool - thanks!  I figured he did.  

14 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

She appeared uncomfortable being the stepmother to adult children.  And that makes sense.  Not too many 28 year olds want to be stepmothers to adults.

I have friends who’s parents remarried when they were an adult, even though most of them like that person they in no way think of them as a parental figure. 

• Love 1

Been thinking a lot about Ashley lately now that she's baking her second kid.

Her prenups/postnups with Michael have been interesting storylines--watching her negotiate her marriage contracts has been eyeopening. Yet I keep wondering about Michael's will. Doesn't he have a few kids around Ashley's age? First families can get real crunk after the death of a wealthy parent. They often don't care about a second/third marriage and the offspring that comes with it.

Ashley is so busy negotiating her marital agreements that I wonder if she's ever mentioned Michael's will.

Is she mentioned explicitly? Will there be an equal split among his children? Hell, does Michael even have a will (most people would assume so, but I've read about several rich/famous people dying intestate. It's amazing how much the subject of death makes even the smartest business people fall back.)

Among ordinary folk, I recently worked with a woman through my agency who was suffering from a terminal illness. She had an adult, developmentally disabled son who needs constant supervision. His sisters -- both in their twenties, leading their own lives -- weren't equipped to care for him. Meanwhile, she'd worked for a law firm for several years and never thought to set up a will with explicit instructions. She passed recently, and it's been a mess dealing with various agencies, his disinterested sisters, and setting up care provisions for him.

Seeing stuff like that made me set up my own will. I'll be 45 my birthday, I'm divorced, childless by choice, healthy, and not rich by any means, but I have a will set up to forego any and all foolishness, just in case.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, eXiled said:

Seeing stuff like that made me set up my own will. I'll be 45 my birthday, I'm divorced, childless by choice, healthy, and not rich by any means, but I have a will set up to forego any and all foolishness, just in case.

Good fore-planning. I also suggest setting up a medical power of attorney, for any instances in which you will need someone to make medical decisions for you.

You might also want to check out longterm care insurance, like that offered by Genworth.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 12/23/2020 at 5:28 AM, eXiled said:

Her prenups/postnups with Michael have been interesting storylines--watching her negotiate her marriage contracts has been eyeopening. Yet I keep wondering about Michael's will. Doesn't he have a few kids around Ashley's age? First families can get real crunk after the death of a wealthy parent. They often don't care about a second/third marriage and the offspring that comes with it.

Ashley is so busy negotiating her marital agreements that I wonder if she's ever mentioned Michael's will.

Is she mentioned explicitly? Will there be an equal split among his children? Hell, does Michael even have a will (most people would assume so, but I've read about several rich/famous people dying intestate. It's amazing how much the subject of death makes even the smartest business people fall back.)

Among ordinary folk, I recently worked with a woman through my agency who was suffering from a terminal illness. She had an adult, developmentally disabled son who needs constant supervision. His sisters -- both in their twenties, leading their own lives -- weren't equipped to care for him. Meanwhile, she'd worked for a law firm for several years and never thought to set up a will with explicit instructions. She passed recently, and it's been a mess dealing with various agencies, his disinterested sisters, and setting up care provisions for him.

I've got two "friends", one who sued his mother-in-law (his wife's stepmother) to essentially negate his father-in-law's will, which split the estate 50/50 with the new wife and kids (FIL had been married to "new" for over 20 years). Family settled by giving "new" 20% with the other 80 being split equally by the kids and "old wife" (who had completely been written out of dad's will). They even took the house away from "new" only giving her the right to live there until she died, and then requiring it passed to his grandkids only, and not to any of her family. The other friend sued his mom for a greater share of dad's will. Yeah, Power's got nothing on families fighting over a will. 

Will's are an absolute necessity, but Ashley (and everyone's) best bet is to have ownership/responsibility clearly outlined before death. I had a very candid discussion with my dad when he turned 80 about what I (the youngest) was and was not willing to do for/to my siblings after he passed. Ashley is actually doing a pretty smart thing by having these discussions on camera. Its going to be difficult for family to say "no my dad really was against this" if she has him on camera saying that he agrees to these things. But what she should be prepared for (will or not) is that her marital agreements may be all she gets.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 12/23/2020 at 2:28 AM, eXiled said:

I remember someone once asking prince about his will and his response was something along the lines of "what do I care, ill be dead"

Ashley's moves seem a little desperate so I don't know how sure she feels about being financially cared for in Michael's will.  

IIRC, he would have to specifically exclude Dean for him not to get a portion of the estate. But I can see it getting ugly.  She is around the same age as Michael's kids and they probably have her pegged as a golddigger and likely resent anything spent on shield.  

I listening to a podcast about lizzie Borden and part of the reason the borden sisters hated their mother in law is because their dad used his money to help bail out his new wife's family.  Shit gets real.  

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I remember someone once asking prince about his will and his response was something along the lines of "what do I care, ill be dead"

Ashley's moves seem a little desperate so I don't know how sure she feels about being financially cared for in Michael's will.  

IIRC, he would have to specifically exclude Dean for him not to get a portion of the estate. But I can see it getting ugly.  She is around the same age as Michael's kids and they probably have her pegged as a golddigger and likely resent anything spent on shield.  

I listening to a podcast about lizzie Borden and part of the reason the borden sisters hated their mother in law is because their dad used his money to help bail out his new wife's family.  Shit gets real.  

Yes, and this is why the Bordens could not reside in a better house in a more fashionable part of town.

I know that Michael paid Ashley's mom rent for a while and I have heard rumors he also helped with her brother's tuition. I imagine his old family probably did not love this, even though people have a right to do what they want with their own money.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, RealReality said:

What a selfish and fucked up response.  Especially considering after he died what 50-100 people came forward claiming he was their dad?   Is his estate even settled yet? Get your affairs in order, people.  Even if you think you have nothing.  And especially if you have kids.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Yes, and this is why the Bordens could not reside in a better house in a more fashionable part of town.

I know that Michael paid Ashley's mom rent for a while and I have heard rumors he also helped with her brother's tuition. I imagine his old family probably did not love this, even though people have a right to do what they want with their own money.

I think their dad was just kind of a cheapskate and no matter what he was never moving them up to that vaunted hill they wanted to live on with all the other rich folk.  But I think it burned them extra crispy when their skinflint dad, who wouldn't even buy a decent house in the nice part of town, spent money bailing out new wifey's family.  Apparently.....it burned Lizzie the crispiest!  

Interestingly, after she was acquitted I believe Lizzie (or maybe the sisters together) ended up buying a house in the fancy part of town.  And the theory is that she killed her stepmother like hours before her father, because she wanted to make sure that her family couldn't get any part of the inheritance.  

• Useful 2

Y'all, I love anything Lizzie Borden, lol. Would you drop a link to that podcast? Would appreciate it.

Regarding Ashley, Prince is actually the case that made me think of her state of affairs. I had no idea he didn't do up a will on purpose. I just figured that he, like most people, either assumed he had more time ... or simply didn't want to think about it. Such a shame. He had to know that people get nuts where money is concerned. It's legit scary the lengths some people will go to.

As Michael's wife, Ashley would be in line to get whatever assets he has if he died without a will, correct?

I just don't think Mike's on that tip, though. He's gone through the trouble to have prenups/postnups that they keep renegotiating, so I believe there's a will in place. I just wonder if Ashley was smart enough to inquire about its contents ... especially since before the birth of Dean and the upcoming little one, I always had the impression that Michael wasn't feeling fatherhood the second time around.

Ashley's an adult; she'll be fine. But if Captain Croc were to suddenly drop dead while, say, partying hard with an athletic black stud, I hope her kids are provided for.

• Love 3
On 3/4/2021 at 8:34 AM, RedHawk said:

For whatever reason, I like Ashley.

And, while I feel her marriage to Michael is mostly one of convenience, it seems like it works for whatever it is they want the marriage to be.  

Not everyone marries for that romantic kind of love found *mostly* in movies.  Some marry for more practical considerations, and I don't begrudge them.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Jextella said:

For whatever reason, I like Ashley.

And, while I feel her marriage to Michael is mostly one of convenience, it seems like it works for whatever it is they want the marriage to be.  

Not everyone marries for that romantic kind of love found *mostly* in movies.  Some marry for more practical considerations, and I don't begrudge them.  

That’s always been my impression too. I don’t particularly like Ashley, but her marriage doesn’t exactly bother me. I don’t feel this great need to expose it as a marriage of convenience, because that’s pretty obvious. I don’t think Ashley is exactly subtle about the fact that she married him for money and he married to have a young woman on his arm and that they have always had various arrangements about fidelity. I do hate Michael though and would have no problem seeing his terrible predatory behavior put on real blast for an entire season. I wouldn’t shed a tear if the both of them were in legal hot water because I do think they’re a pair of grifters. But of all the things that bug me about Ashley her marrying for money doesn’t even make the cut.

• Love 4

Then Ashley needs a post-nup or she's screwed. Because we know the divorce is coming sooner rather than later.

Didn't we see Ashley and Michael renegotiate their financial arrangement during one of their on-camera talks? Ashley specified several reasons for doing it.